What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TNF: Cleveland at Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

West now w two near fumbles

Be consistent, Pettine....
You're desperate.
Not at allJust pointing out that one is getting punished, the other isnt

Neither turned the ball over
West is the starter. There is no punishment going on.
That's fine w me, as long as my team is winning.

West running hard tonight. Still, this is my team, and Crowell is our best runner.

We can ride west until he slows down (if he does) and thats cool w me.

Tate though, should get little to none

West now w two near fumbles

Be consistent, Pettine....
You're desperate.
Not at allJust pointing out that one is getting punished, the other isnt

Neither turned the ball over
West is the starter. There is no punishment going on.
That's fine w me, as long as my team is winning. West running hard tonight. Still, this is my team, and Crowell is our best runner.

We can ride west until he slows down (if he does) and thats cool w me.

Tate though, should get little to none
Agree on Tate and I drafted him. West and Crow should be going 55-45 at this point.

Why are you punting on 4th down when you're down 21 with four to play? I know they've show no signs of doing anything, but to just give up like that??

Browns dominate, on the road, without NFL leading receiver WR Josh Gordon, without Pro Bowl TE Jordan Cameron, without season leading WR on pace for 1,000 yard season Andrew Hawkins.

All of them should be back in two weeks.

The Browns have ten games till they play their next game and right now they are tied for first place in their division.

Too bad we lost to freaking Jacksonville but what a great win tonight very impressive.

I would have been better off starting no QB then Dalton thank you for the negative points

Dalton flat out sucked. But so did the whole team. WR's dropped passes that somehow left Dalton's hand and found their hands (amazing), Hill has a bad fumble. Both lines were brutal. Horrific game plan. One of the worst NFL games I've ever seen.

I was out drinking all night for a GB's birthday and didn't see one snap.

In a nutshell, how in holy HELL did the Browns win 24-3? :shock:

Dalton sucked.

WR's dropped balls or deflected them into DB's hands when he rarely didn't suck.

That's about it. Hoyer was efficient and the Browns were able to run the ball a bit.

Oh, Greg Little didn't get his revenge. Unless that word means something different where he's from.

I would have been better off starting no QB then Dalton thank you for the negative points
You know how some quotes on this board are sig-worthy?

As soon as I can figure out a way to make the aspect ratio work, I've deemed the NEGATIVE SIX Dalton gift-wrapped for me last night "profile-pic worthy".

I still think you should have to come down in the end zone, not simply cross some imaginary plane. #### should be a fumble because... well, it would be anywhere else on the field.
Yea, don't get this. Why different on that 1 play than anywhere else? If a WR catches in end zone still has to control to ground, avoid getting it knocked out by a DB & then come to a stop.
Think of it in terms of forward progress. All over the field, the ball carrier is fighting for extra yards and forward progress. Once he gets to the goal line, there is nothing else to gain and his progress is stopped. Therefore, breaking the plane = TD.

On the second point, the WR hasn't had control of the ball until he does everything you have said above. Control is in the process of being transferred from the QB to the WR. The RB trying to break the plane has established possession and control from when he took the handoff.

Dalton flat out sucked. But so did the whole team. WR's dropped passes that somehow left Dalton's hand and found their hands (amazing), Hill has a bad fumble. Both lines were brutal. Horrific game plan. One of the worst NFL games I've ever seen.
Was this your first Thursday night game of the year? These Thursday night games have been brutal all season.

I saw a complete game by the Browns.

1. The defense was ball hawking

2. They got pressure on Dalton several times.

3. The Bengals run game got stuffed.

4. Hoyer made some big throws.

5. The Browns offense converted several opportunities into touchdowns.

6. Nice play calling by Shanahan.

It was like this all game long. There was never a point where momentum shifted to the Bengals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that teams are selling out to stop the run and daring Hoyer to beat them. After watching Hoyer last nite, that seems like a really stupid idea because Hoyer will beat you.

Lowest passer ratings with 30+ pass attempts (arbitrary cutoff to include Dalton) = Dalton's place in history

Notice the years on the QBs ahead of him and close behind him. A performance like last night just shouldn't happen in today's NFL.

I cannot recall the last time I have seen a QB w such a lousy performance. That was awful,
Never watched Tebow play?
Cannot say that I watched Tebow's entire NFL resume but Dalton was just putrid. That QB rating was especially alarming considering that last night was a prime time game vs a division opponent and he was just in another world missing wide open players when he did have time. Credit the Brown's defense which looks like a top FF defense going forward but an outhouse in August smells sweeter than the miserable turd Dandy Andy laid out on prime time

Power Monster said:
I cannot recall the last time I have seen a QB w such a lousy performance. That was awful,
I can recall. Josh Freeman last year on the vikings when he couldn't even get the ball near his receivers.

ETA - 20 of 53, 1 INT, but hey, he threw for 190. Actually makes Dalton look good on the stats (both were "off the barn" in terms of accuracy, though).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread