What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

He needs Kevin Lanflisi back in his life.  His downturn exactly coincides with shacking up with Olivia Munn and Danica Patrick.

He’s a pure matchup play at this point.  All of his high scoring games only came against (at the time) below average to bad defenses (Eagles, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs).  That’s it.

I think next week will be ok vs Giants, maybe the following week at home against Washington.  He’ll be useless in the playoffs though (vs Bears and on the road vs Zimmer)
He is already useless. I would be in a better spot if I didnt roster him it appears. 

The Weather Channel is forecasting a 80% chance of rain/snow in East Rutherford this Sunday.  It's 5 days away so the forecast could change.  And Rodgers has traditionally been good in snow.

The Weather Channel is forecasting a 80% chance of rain/snow in East Rutherford this Sunday.  It's 5 days away so the forecast could change.  And Rodgers has traditionally been good in snow.
Tradition dont matter nor does it matter the weather. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposed to have terrible weather tomorrow.

So for those of you who kept this fantasy wasteland of a player for this stretch of the year, its gonna stink to get 0 or maybe 1 TD from a guy who already loves to hand off against a team that just gives away passing TDs like candy.

Dak has thrown 7 total TDs against the NYG this year, will Rodgers get any? Hopefully you cut Rodgers already before you relied on him this week, but the weather is what it is.

He has not thrown for 30 TDs since 2016 and he wont do it this year. He needs 12 in 4 weeks and he aint playing week 17.

3 a week. Is it even possible? 

Bad weather, an established running game, perhaps the only way to stop GB is to stop AJones. Could leave the pass game open. Hoping so. I’ve paired him with Murray and had fully planned to run the kid out but that hammy. 

I think most of the comments about him are missing the fact the running game is doing so well. Along with a solid defense, they should be running and are having much success. Russel Wilson dealt with the same thing in the past few years even though that was more based on lack of defense and pass pro. 

They are 8-3, Rodgers had to embrace the running game and has. I think the lack of balance is based on that and the lack of good options beyond Adams and Jones. The #2 and 3 WRs don’t scare any defense. And Graham is what he is. 

Rodgers has always had the reputation of playing well in cold and bad weather.  I can't back it up with specifics.

Rodgers or Tannehill..I never thought I'd ask this in my life. The one league Jackson got sniped from me QB has cost me all of my losses lol.

Rodgers has barely been supporting the other players on that offense.  He has to be due for an explosion against the Giants.  Mitch just exploded against them.  If Rodgers doesn't do it, its time to worry about Rodgers' decline being faster than we thought. 

tackle for loss said:
Supposed to have terrible weather tomorrow.

So for those of you who kept this fantasy wasteland of a player for this stretch of the year, its gonna stink to get 0 or maybe 1 TD from a guy who already loves to hand off against a team that just gives away passing TDs like candy.

Dak has thrown 7 total TDs against the NYG this year, will Rodgers get any? Hopefully you cut Rodgers already before you relied on him this week, but the weather is what it is.
Yep - total disaster

tackle for loss said:
He has not thrown for 30 TDs since 2016 and he wont do it this year. He needs 12 in 4 weeks and he aint playing week 17.

3 a week. Is it even possible? 
Good thing you deleted all those comments you made before this game. 

Good thing you deleted all those comments you made before this game. 
Of course, look at you people who stay silent until after the fact. He still is terrible, he blew up for one game. If you guys stay silent with you support of him before the game, im gonna delete my bashing of him after. 

Of course, look at you people who stay silent until after the fact. He still is terrible, he blew up for one game. If you guys stay silent with you support of him before the game, im gonna delete my bashing of him after. 
Oh my. You've been all over the boards stating Rodgers is washed up and would rather hand off. Your take was sooooo bad nobody took it seriously and it wasn't even worth the time to respond to.  And then you delete all your posts rather then stand behind them. Time to retire your user name. I'm not sure how you can show your face around here again.

dude anyone that calls Aaron Rodgers "terrible" has already lost his argument. 
No, anyone who stays silent while he stinks up the joint and then comes in after he does decent against the Giants has no argument. 

Also, where was your love for him this past week when he went 100 and 1?

Oh my. You've been all over the boards stating Rodgers is washed up and would rather hand off. Your take was sooooo bad nobody took it seriously and it wasn't even worth the time to respond to.  And then you delete all your posts rather then stand behind them. Time to retire your user name. I'm not sure how you can show your face around here again.
He is terrible, I'll edit what i want and I dont delete posts...you cant, I deleted a guarantee, sure. Look at how you guys come in after the fact and act like this. He is still terrible. I just wont guarantee anything. lol Im still here, you wont be when he stinks up against Washington. 

Its awesome to watch people stay silent then come in and roast me like THEY won something cuz Rodgers didnt stink.  :lol:

No, anyone who stays silent while he stinks up the joint and then comes in after he does decent against the Giants has no argument. 

Also, where was your love for him this past week when he went 100 and 1?
I've made plenty of bad takes around here, and I certainly am not so insecure that I delete them after the fact. The Packers are a running team now, Rodgers has had plenty of subpar games this year but he's also had games (like today) where he looks like the Rodgers he has always been. Take your nonsense elsewhere, it ain't working. 

I've made plenty of bad takes around here, and I certainly am not so insecure that I delete them after the fact. The Packers are a running team now, Rodgers has had plenty of subpar games this year but he's also had games (like today) where he looks like the Rodgers he has always been. Take your nonsense elsewhere, it ain't working. 
And hyping Rodgers cuz of a good gave after 3 straight bad ones is another take, its embarrassing to watch people jump back on board cuz of one game.

Plenty of sub par games? He had 4 over 20 fantasy pointes before today. Peopel who talk after the fact are the funniest, acting like he does this often. Its why you all waited, you werent sure. lol

Tanny got 4 TDs last week, lets wait to see if he backs it up next week before you come to his praises.

Aaron Rodgers completed 21-of-33 passes for 243 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Packers' 31-13, Week 13 win over the Giants.

The performance marked his first time with threw multiple scores in a game since Week 8. Rodgers was in control for most of the afternoon in the snow. His touchdowns went to Davante Adams (x2), Allen Lazard and Marcedes Lewis. The latter score in particular was impressive considering Rodgers had a defender all over him as he was making the throw from the one-yard line. The soon to be 36-year-old QB added 24 yards on the ground. Rodgers has another smash spot in Week 14 at home against the Redskins. Treat him as a high-end QB1.

And hyping Rodgers cuz of a good gave after 3 straight bad ones is another take, its embarrassing to watch people jump back on board cuz of one game.

Plenty of sub par games? He had 4 over 20 fantasy pointes before today. Peopel who talk after the fact are the funniest, acting like he does this often. Its why you all waited, you werent sure. lol

Tanny got 4 TDs last week, lets wait to see if he backs it up next week before you come to his praises.
Generally speaking, I don't take fantasy advice from folks who can't spell the word "points" or "people" correctly....even after editing their post. 

It's weird to type this, but I agree that Rodgers is a matchup play this year--he's blown up in a couple of games against dreadful defenses (Philly, Oakland, KC, and NYG) and laid absolute stinkers against any defense with a pulse. I had to blow a roster spot to cover him during the playoffs (weeks 15 and 16). Not a hot take. Just facts. I'll start him next week and show him the bench in the following weeks, running Daniel Jones! out there against Miami and Washington.

Generally speaking, I don't take fantasy advice from folks who can't spell the word "points" or "people" correctly....even after editing their post. 
Im sure you know this isnt a good post, for many reasons. Its drifting away from topic with talking of typos. Whats your thoughts on him this week? Does he duplicate the outlier or does he stink up the joint?  Get in before he does it.

It's weird to type this, but I agree that Rodgers is a matchup play this year--he's blown up in a couple of games against dreadful defenses (Philly, Oakland, KC, and NYG) and laid absolute stinkers against any defense with a pulse. I had to blow a roster spot to cover him during the playoffs (weeks 15 and 16). Not a hot take. Just facts. I'll start him next week and show him the bench in the following weeks, running Daniel Jones! out there against Miami and Washington.
Whats your thoughts on him this week? For those starting him this week, are you confident in a follow up or are you worried about a stinker? 

Im pretty sure a stinker is in line. If he blows up, I will take my lumps. But this was the rare occasion, not the norm. 

Players do blow up, even ones not being studly, but that doesnt make them a must own or a stud again. Rodgers is matchup base if u roster him as you suggest.

Im sure you know this isnt a good post, for many reasons. Its drifting away from topic with talking of typos. Whats your thoughts on him this week? Does he duplicate the outlier or does he stink up the joint?  Get in before he does it.

Whats your thoughts on him this week? For those starting him this week, are you confident in a follow up or are you worried about a stinker? 

Im pretty sure a stinker is in line. If he blows up, I will take my lumps. But this was the rare occasion, not the norm. 

Players do blow up, even ones not being studly, but that doesnt make them a must own or a stud again. Rodgers is matchup base if u roster him as you suggest.
How often do players set all-time records for fantasy points scored, as Rodgers did in week 7?

Starting him with confidence.  Maybe not a "blow up game" as the Redskins run defense isn't good, so if the Packers get ahead early they'll just run all day.  That said, they did just shut down McCaffery, and their offense is showing some signs of life itself - so Rodgers might have to do a bit of throwing the ball. 

My post above, while snarky, was just pointing out that your posts are hard to read not only for the bad takes you have (in multiple threads), but because of the spelling and typos.  It comes across as you thinking that if players have any scoring variances from week to week, they stink.  I mean are you now saying that Mahomes stinks because of back to back below average performances, and likely a third this coming week at New England?

I'll go 270 yards, and a pair of passing TDs.  He's been averaging about 5.5 more fantasy points per game at home this year. 

Hot take alert. 

Rodgers is washed, if he ever was as good as we once thought. 

In hindsight, Rodgers was never really that good as an all around quarterback. He wasn't elite because he was making sound decisions and reads, other than being conservative with throws.  He was good because he had built an amazing rapport with his WR.  Every time it was 3rd and long, he could complete an undefendable back shoulder throw to Jordy Nelson with perfect timing.  The other thing he did very well was extend plays out of the pocket 

Now that he no longer has that free get out of trouble on 3rd and long back shoulder timing route, he can't come anywhere near his previous success... Especially because defense have tried to take away his ability to extend plays. 

He was never a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning type of player.  He's a poor man's Russell Wilson. 

Hot take alert. 

In hindsight, Rodgers was never really that good as an all around quarterback. He wasn't elite because he was making sound decisions and reads, other than being conservative with throws.  He was good because he had built an amazing rapport with his WR.  Every time it was 3rd and long, he could complete an undefendable back shoulder throw to Jordy Nelson with perfect timing.  The other thing he did very well was extend plays out of the pocket 

Now that he no longer has that free get out of trouble on 3rd and long back shoulder timing route, he can't come anywhere near his previous success... Especially because defense have tried to take away his ability to extend plays. 

He was never a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning type of player.  He's a poor man's Russell Wilson. 
I suspect he's still calling his own plays and ignoring what comes in from the sidelines...which is why they lay eggs every now & then.. It's not like the rookie HC is gonna make waves about it.

Hot take alert. 

This is a pretty terrible take other than the bit about the player he is now. Shocker, he is on the wrong side of 30. 

The revisionist history on him though is as bad a take as ever been written. 

This is a pretty terrible take other than the bit about the player he is now. Shocker, he is on the wrong side of 30. 

The revisionist history on him though is as bad a take as ever been written. 
If it's that bad, surely you can easily refute it with more than just saying it's terrible.  

Hot take alert. 

This is pretty incredibly stupid. First of all, building rapport with a good receiver is what a good QB does. Does Tom Brady get discredited for building rapport with Julian Edelman and Gronk? I mean, are you actually making this argument seriously?

Among other holes in it, he won a Super Bowl MVP award in a year where Jordy Nelson had just 45/582/2. So I supposed before Rodgers had great rapport with Nelson (who sucked after he left Green Bay) he had great rapport with Greg Jennings (who sucked after he left Green Bay).

And apparently he's the NFL career leader in passer rating because of back-shoulder third down throws to Jordy Nelson? How obtuse are you?

If it's that bad, surely you can easily refute it with more than just saying it's terrible.  
I don’t have to refute anything just use the examples of his play that you claim are why he was never very good. 

“Every time it was 3rd and long, he could complete an undefendable back shoulder throw to Jordy Nelson with perfect timing.”

So throwing a undefendable back shoulder thrown with perfect timing is a bad thing?

CalBear said:
This is pretty incredibly stupid. First of all, building rapport with a good receiver is what a good QB does. Does Tom Brady get discredited for building rapport with Julian Edelman and Gronk? I mean, are you actually making this argument seriously?

Among other holes in it, he won a Super Bowl MVP award in a year where Jordy Nelson had just 45/582/2. So I supposed before Rodgers had great rapport with Nelson (who sucked after he left Green Bay) he had great rapport with Greg Jennings (who sucked after he left Green Bay).

And apparently he's the NFL career leader in passer rating because of back-shoulder third down throws to Jordy Nelson? How obtuse are you?
Yeah... I suppose it is kind of stupid to criticize the way in which he got it done.  Building rapport is what a good QB does and not a bad thing at all, but Brady and Manning did more than that and Brady at least has way less physical tools than Rodgers. 

For the record, I certainly don't mean he sucked, just not the greatest of all time like we once thought and many probably still think. I know it's a hot take, I just think he is overrated. 

I hate the argument of counting QB Super Bowls because it is a team sport, but I do think his attitude contributed to Green Bay not being there more during his career.  It's not like these were bad teams. 

I also see that I used poor very phrasing if people think I am saying he was "never very good.". He's not as good as I once thought, mainly at the mental processing aspect of the game, he's obviously very good.  I do think Wilson is better though.

Users who are viewing this thread