What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (3 Viewers)

Aaron Rodgers completed 18-of-28 passes for 195 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 14 win over Washington.

Rodgers didn't play great in this one, also losing a fumble and taking four sacks. He led the Packers to scoring drives on two of their first three possessions before stalling out after that. Rodgers's only touchdown was a red-zone throw to a wide open Robert Tonyan. It's a letdown game given the matchup, but the Packers improved to 10-3 with the win. Rodgers gets a matchup with Chicago in Week 15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is the problem you have when you come in and mock us who have correctly called out ARod for regressing after one good week against the Giants. Some waited after a good game last week to tell me personally to stop posting, because im embarrassing myself.

Again, Rodgers is done, Without Jones and that defense, he would be Tom Brady right now. The team is winning in spite of him, not because of him. Whats embarrassing are those who cant understand he isnt done because his name is Rodgers.

Three games over 300 yards.6 Multi TD games. This is Joe Flacco type season. I renew my ask, how likely is it he gets 30TDs this year? He has 23. lol

Lots of people were chirping about his greatness after the outlier of a game that Rodgers had last week. Ryan Tannehill is a better QB than ARod right now. Thats a fact people dont want to deal with and when that happens that tells us all we need to know about Rodgers

Rodgers problem is...Rodgers. He thinks he knows more than everyone else and I'll be that he is still running the play he wants to run. The HC isn't gonna question that because it's his first HC gig. Gave up on MVS since the last time he threw his way, he had changed the play and MVS ran the original route.

Oh my. You've been all over the boards stating Rodgers is washed up and would rather hand off. Your take was sooooo bad nobody took it seriously and it wasn't even worth the time to respond to.  And then you delete all your posts rather then stand behind them. Time to retire your user name. I'm not sure how you can show your face around here again.
:lol:   I didnt catch your post after this game against the Skins...

195/1 and a fumble. He has as many games under 199 as he does over 300. 

Three. He put up 91 more yards at home against the Skins than he did on the road against the 9ers, who btw, Brees just put 5 TDs on. lol

Rodgers problem is...Rodgers. He thinks he knows more than everyone else and I'll be that he is still running the play he wants to run. The HC isn't gonna question that because it's his first HC gig. Gave up on MVS since the last time he threw his way, he had changed the play and MVS ran the original route.
Well that...and his arm is a wet noodle that cant complete passes.

There is no excuse for Rodgers not lighting up the redskins other than he is not good. Again throwing balls at the ground to Adams. 

The hot take is Rodgers is still worthy to be called a good QB. He isnt even good anymore, he is below average. Retire, hes 35, it ant getting better.

I don't like the match up this week. Got nothing really on the waiver wire: Eli, Rivers, Goff, Drew Lock, K. Allen, Trubisky.

Would you play any of those QBs over Rodgers this week? Like I said earlier, Aaron has not produced against any decent defenses this year--Chicago on the road  scares me. What do you think his projection range would be? 10-20 points?

Thought I was strong at QB this year. Nope.

Edited to add: I'm leaning towards an Eli start against Miami 😲

I don't like the match up this week. Got nothing really on the waiver wire: Eli, Rivers, Goff, Drew Lock, K. Allen, Trubisky.

Would you play any of those QBs over Rodgers this week? Like I said earlier, Aaron has not produced against any decent defenses this year--Chicago on the road scares me. What do you think his projection range would be? 10-20 points?

Thought I was strong at QB this year. Nope.

Edited to add: I'm leaning towards an Eli start against Miami 😲
BTW, Rodgers has the Bears in Lambeau.  Big difference.

That said, Rodgers probably has a decent floor but not a high ceiling, since the game likely won't be high scoring.

If you need a high ceiling game, I would pick up and start Goff at DAL.  Both teams need to win, likely the game will be a shootout and weather will not be a factor.

Eli vs MIA is tempting, but I just don't trust Eli.  He could go for 275/3, but he also could turn the ball over 3 times.

Good luck.

Now this is the problem you have when you come in and mock us who have correctly called out ARod for regressing after one good week against the Giants. Some waited after a good game last week to tell me personally to stop posting, because im embarrassing myself.

Again, Rodgers is done, Without Jones and that defense, he would be Tom Brady right now. The team is winning in spite of him, not because of him. Whats embarrassing are those who cant understand he isnt done because his name is Rodgers.

Three games over 300 yards.6 Multi TD games. This is Joe Flacco type season. I renew my ask, how likely is it he gets 30TDs this year? He has 23. lol

Lots of people were chirping about his greatness after the outlier of a game that Rodgers had last week. Ryan Tannehill is a better QB than ARod right now. Thats a fact people dont want to deal with and when that happens that tells us all we need to know about Rodgers
Wait, without "that defense" Rodgers wouldn't be good? Leaving aside the fact that the defense is absolutely irrelevant...Green Bay's defense is currently #22 overall.

Your schtick is tired.

BTW, Rodgers has the Bears in Lambeau.  Big difference.

That said, Rodgers probably has a decent floor but not a high ceiling, since the game likely won't be high scoring.

If you need a high ceiling game, I would pick up and start Goff at DAL.  Both teams need to win, likely the game will be a shootout and weather will not be a factor.

Eli vs MIA is tempting, but I just don't trust Eli.  He could go for 275/3, but he also could turn the ball over 3 times.

Good luck.
Yeah, I changed my post to reflect that he has a home game and I agree that being in Lambeau  makes a difference. Still don't like the range of possible outcomes.

Interesting take on Goff. What makes you think it will be a shootout? (Note: I had Goff earlier in the year and dropped him in disgust...so I would have to overcome my lingering distaste 😆)

No one should trust Eli. Lol! But, that defense is just horrible and has given up an average of 21 points to QBs for the year (and for the last 3 games).

But, Goff probably has a bigger ceiling. So, point taken. Thanks!

Yeah, I changed my post to reflect that he has a home game and I agree that being in Lambeau  makes a difference. Still don't like the range of possible outcomes.

Interesting take on Goff. What makes you think it will be a shootout? (Note: I had Goff earlier in the year and dropped him in disgust...so I would have to overcome my lingering distaste 😆)

No one should trust Eli. Lol! But, that defense is just horrible and has given up an average of 21 points to QBs for the year (and for the last 3 games).

But, Goff probably has a bigger ceiling. So, point taken. Thanks!
I hear you.  Rodgers is a mediocre play this week.  He's fine if you need a 200-250 yds 2 TD type of game.  But I see a low scoring game with not much upside.  Dodds is predicting similar passing totals for GB and LA.  But it's clear that the LA-DAL game could be a shootout.......why?

Let's see here.....DAL defense sucks to start.  BUF scored 26 points in DAL and LAR offense is better.  Can easily see this as a 34-31 game.  The LAR defense is good, but BAL shredded them in LA.  DAL offense is good.  DAL also tend to get off to slow starts and have to frantically pass to get back in the game.  Dodds is predicting 50 points in this game, which is the 2nd highest on the slate (to TEN-HOU).

If you need a 350 with 3-4 TDs  type of game, I would say Goff is your best bet.

Wait, without "that defense" Rodgers wouldn't be good? Leaving aside the fact that the defense is absolutely irrelevant...Green Bay's defense is currently #22 overall.

Your schtick is tired.
I stand corrected, the guy barely throwing over 100 yards in many games and not even averaging 2 TDs a game this year is the reason why the Packers are winning? The guy who hasnt dominated a season since 2016 is the reason? Not their MVP candidate RB and the defense who gets big stops when they need them? Ok

Thanks for correcting my schtick with calling the defense irrelevant to a QB as if they dont help dictate game script. I'll put it simple, if you are the 3rd highest paid QB and you cant throw for 30 TDs, and its even possible he doesnt get 4k in a full 16 game season. Are you considered elite or even good? 

4k is the standard now, not 3k. Rodgers has only thrown for 4k twice since 2015. Also, 30 TDs  or bust for any elite QB. Winston has 26, Rodgers 23. While Winston throws more picks, to think he has more TDs than Rodgers and currently has more this year than any of the Rodgers last 3 years is really telling. Rodgers has a noodle for an arm.

In any season he has played in full health without miss a game for injury, He has finished with 4k all but once, and in that 2010 he got 3922 and sat out last game after clinching. He is dropping well of his own pace when he was elite.

Wish the NFL kept stats of ankle throws, he would lead that category or maybe even tied with Daniel Jones. Rodgers is elite at one thing, he doesnt throw picks. Thats not debatable, but part of me thinks his ankle throws are part of that, he still has the mental game, but his arm is a noodle. He knows to throw contest throws low, he just inst accurate anymore. 

The back shoulder throws? Let me know when he completes one of them for a TD and has he thrown for a TD while making people jump offsides? Nope, the things that made him elite was taken away. Sorry Rodgers fans, of which I was one, he is done. Just hope those ankle throws dont turn into INTs.

Food for thought:

Before people get excited at Rodgers performance if he has a good one, what is the threshold for a good game for him today? 

Is 200 and 1 TD a good game?

Food for thought:

Before people get excited at Rodgers performance if he has a good one, what is the threshold for a good game for him today? 

Is 200 and 1 TD a good game?
Welp, who called that, is 203 and 1 a good game?

This guy is a worthless QB and would be nothing without his D and Jones this year.

Will we see the people come chime in who did after the Giants game? Schtick is what I have been called, when in actually, Im just right about Rodgers. 

This is pretty incredibly stupid. First of all, building rapport with a good receiver is what a good QB does. Does Tom Brady get discredited for building rapport with Julian Edelman and Gronk? I mean, are you actually making this argument seriously?

Among other holes in it, he won a Super Bowl MVP award in a year where Jordy Nelson had just 45/582/2. So I supposed before Rodgers had great rapport with Nelson (who sucked after he left Green Bay) he had great rapport with Greg Jennings (who sucked after he left Green Bay).

And apparently he's the NFL career leader in passer rating because of back-shoulder third down throws to Jordy Nelson? How obtuse are you?
Name calling? He threw for 203 and 1 score yesterday. If these bad games were outliers you would have a case, but they are the norm, therefore defending him like you are is clear of bias. Your shtick is tired.

I'm glad the narrative has at least started that they need more from Rodgers. Once he is owned by the likes of Brees and Wilson and Garrappolo in the playoffs, it will be the talk of the season that Rodgers is done. His collarbone has effected his play and he is incapable of completing back shoulder throws now. His accuracy is destroyed and non existent and he shouldnt even be on a professional football field.

Retire Arod, the Pack would be better without you. Waiting for someone to mock that opinion as if its not true. Without Jones, this team would be a pile of junk. 

ARod, 24 TDs as QB, with 2 games left will be his 3rd in a row without reaching 30 TDs. Also, he wont even reach 4k yards. 

I could talk about lights out the Pack D has been to cover for ARods mistakes, but whats the point. His brand name will make people think he is still good long after he is toast much like Brady this year. 

IF you claim this Packer D has just been lights out...you have not watched the Packers play.  Last few games they have come back to improving a bit, but that wasn't the case for a lot of the year.

He hasn't played great...no doubt...but some of Jones' success is also due to Rodgers being who he is.  Jones is a very good back, maybe even great...but don't kid yourself thinking this is his team.  

Also...claiming they Packers would be better without Rodgers...ignores replacement level play at QB and how bad the Packers have been recently when Rodgers has been hurt.  Yeah, its a little different year to year, but I sat and watched how inept they were on offense against the Lions last year taking my son to his first Packers game...it wasn't pretty.

But It doesn't seem a real conversation is what you are after...more of an "I told you so"...so enjoy.

IF you claim this Packer D has just been lights out...you have not watched the Packers play.  Last few games they have come back to improving a bit, but that wasn't the case for a lot of the year.

He hasn't played great...no doubt...but some of Jones' success is also due to Rodgers being who he is.  Jones is a very good back, maybe even great...but don't kid yourself thinking this is his team.  

Also...claiming they Packers would be better without Rodgers...ignores replacement level play at QB and how bad the Packers have been recently when Rodgers has been hurt.  Yeah, its a little different year to year, but I sat and watched how inept they were on offense against the Lions last year taking my son to his first Packers game...it wasn't pretty.

But It doesn't seem a real conversation is what you are after...more of an "I told you so"...so enjoy.
I disagree... the D has been stout, allowing just 13, 15 and 13 points in their last 3 and they did do well against KC a high powered offense. On the replacement level with Rodgers, ok. I can come to that, but what would that do if they could use his 30 million to go to other players?

The fact of the matter is, Rodgers hasnt just been playing bad, he has been playing so subpar it makes the money vs return worth way more than what the replacement is, if say, that replacement can do what Tanny did in Tennessee. 

As far as discussion? I have been on Rodgers, clearly trying to discuss, was called names and mocked for shtick. I told you so? Yeah, when you dispute the Rodgers play with name calling as your defense, I told you so is pretty much the only response. You is rhetorical for those who did it.

Rodgers is no longer what many consider a good QB, he is a game manager. His arm is shot, its from the collarbones and we are seeing it in real time. This is not the time in his career to learn a new offense and it has shown to take its toll on Rodgers talents he no longer shows. 

So, if you want to discuss sure, but in order to you have to acknowledge that Rodgers isnt an elite talent anymore as that is my discussion and I used stats and facts to back it up. You can see in most my posts, I'm providing stats and some are in depth. If you dont agree with that, its fine, but it wont cause a good discussion a you cant spin the Arod stats in a good light unless you just quote his INT number, which as I attested is because he is throwing low balls. The one thing I said of Rodgers is he still has some of the mental game and that helps his INT count.  Again, rhetorical you for those who do still consider him elite.

I disagree... the D has been stout, allowing just 13, 15 and 13 points in their last 3 and they did do well against KC a high powered offense. On the replacement level with Rodgers, ok. I can come to that, but what would that do if they could use his 30 million to go to other players?

The fact of the matter is, Rodgers hasnt just been playing bad, he has been playing so subpar it makes the money vs return worth way more than what the replacement is, if say, that replacement can do what Tanny did in Tennessee. 

As far as discussion? I have been on Rodgers, clearly trying to discuss, was called names and mocked for shtick. I told you so? Yeah, when you dispute the Rodgers play with name calling as your defense, I told you so is pretty much the only response. You is rhetorical for those who did it.

Rodgers is no longer what many consider a good QB, he is a game manager. His arm is shot, its from the collarbones and we are seeing it in real time. This is not the time in his career to learn a new offense and it has shown to take its toll on Rodgers talents he no longer shows. 

So, if you want to discuss sure, but in order to you have to acknowledge that Rodgers isnt an elite talent anymore as that is my discussion and I used stats and facts to back it up. You can see in most my posts, I'm providing stats and some are in depth. If you dont agree with that, its fine, but it wont cause a good discussion a you cant spin the Arod stats in a good light unless you just quote his INT number, which as I attested is because he is throwing low balls. The one thing I said of Rodgers is he still has some of the mental game and that helps his INT count.  Again, rhetorical you for those who do still consider him elite.
It’s rather obvious that he’s not startable against a quality D. I benched him yesterday because it was clear he wasn’t going to eclipse 20 points in our format. Only has done that once in the last 6 games and that was against the terrible Giants. I didn’t see much yesterday but I did see one play where he had a crossing WR open on a 4th down play and skipped it to him. 🤦‍♂️

Is he startable against the Vikes next Monday night in a fantasy league final?? 
Depends what your other options are i guess, or if you think you need a good floor or high ceiling player.

I would guess no, against stronger D's he hasn't performed great and the vikes d seems to be clicking at the moment.

Aaron Rodgers completed 16-of-27 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' 28-23, Divisional round win over the Seahawks Sunday.

Rodgers has just one 250-yard passing game since Week 8. While the stats haven't been there much of this season, Rodgers made some truly ridiculous throws in this one, including a dime to Davante Adams on third down late in the fourth quarter to help seal the win. He later hit Jimmy Graham on the next third down to end the game and get the win. Rodgers particularly flamed Seattle on third downs. The No. 2 seed Packers will travel to San Francisco for the NFC title game next Sunday evening.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:49 PM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 31-of-39 passes for 326 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Packers' 37-20, NFC Championship Game loss to the 49ers.

The Packers got buried by the 49ers' running game in the first half, falling behind 27-0. A Rodgers lost fumble on a botched snap was essentially a game-ending development. As was the case much of the time in 2019, Rodgers lacked aggression before the break, prioritizing avoiding mistakes over hunting for big plays. Of course, it was often hard to blame him, as Packers pass catchers not named Davante Adams frequently appeared to have no idea where they were going this season. That includes tonight. After failing to address their receiver corps last offseason, it will be an absolute must for the Packers this time around. Although he is no longer the mover he once was, Rodgers maintains jaw-dropping arm talent. His advanced 2019 stats tell the tale of an overly cautious quarterback, but a supporting cast reboot could easily have him on the comeback trail in 2020.

Jan 19, 2020, 9:48 PM ET

In eight playoff losses with Rodgers at QB, the Packers have allowed an average of 36 points per game (!!), and in two of them they were lost in overtime when the defense allowed a touchdown on the first drive. In those eight playoff losses, Rodgers and the offense have averaged 25 points per game. 

In eight playoff losses with Rodgers at QB, the Packers have allowed an average of 36 points per game (!!), and in two of them they were lost in overtime when the defense allowed a touchdown on the first drive. In those eight playoff losses, Rodgers and the offense have averaged 25 points per game. 
Manning-esque bad defense

He looks a little disinterested.
Yep. Too cool to jump in on the fumbled snap. Just stood there like a doosh.

Same look after the game as the camera was on him with nobody around that wanted to shake his hand. 🤣 Maybe 10 guys came up to him after the camera moved but I didn’t see it. 

Yep. Too cool to jump in on the fumbled snap. Just stood there like a doosh.

Same look after the game as the camera was on him with nobody around that wanted to shake his hand. 🤣 Maybe 10 guys came up to him after the camera moved but I didn’t see it. 
Demeanor and projection isn’t everything but watching him I thought, this looks like a guy who’s playing his last game

Are you really going to blame the Bostick game on Rodgers?
There are a half-dozen crazy things that happened in that game that lead to the highly improbable result.  One of them was the onside kick where Bostick made a colossal error.  Another reason the Packers lost was that Aaron Rodgers played a very bad (for him) game.

There are a half-dozen crazy things that happened in that game that lead to the highly improbable result.  One of them was the onside kick where Bostick made a colossal error.  Another reason the Packers lost was that Aaron Rodgers played a very bad (for him) game.
Yep and McCarthy went ridiculously conservative with his playing calling.  That was arguably Rodgers worst play off game.  Packers should've blown that game open but settled for too many FGs.

Users who are viewing this thread