What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre said he thinks Aaron Rodgers "will play somewhere else" before the latter's career is over.

"I guarantee you [the Jordan Love pick] got the wheels turning in Aaron's mind," Favre said in a recent appearance on The Rich Eisen Show. "It’s not Aaron’s job to mentor Jordan Love. All he needs is a reason [to play elsewhere]." Favre said he talked to Rodgers after the Love pick, but he declined to offer anything more into their conversation. The Hall of Famer is clearly all too familiar with the situation since it was a similar scenario that pushed him to Minnesota once the organization selected his successor, Rodgers, in the first round. The 36-year-old veteran still has four years left on his deal (with a potential out in 2022), but this ongoing circumstance will get uglier in the public eye much sooner than that. Rodgers still projects to be under center for the Packers this upcoming year.

SOURCE: Rich Eisen Show on Twitter

Apr 29, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

Rodgers isn’t going anywhere this year. 2021 is a different story. Packers are going to have to take the hit.

Cole Cubelic@colecubelic

This is inconceivable...

Career TD passes to 1st round picks:

• Brees 104
  • Brady 105
  • P Manning 293
  • Favre 127
  • Marino 84
  • Rivers 35
  • *Rodgers 1
  • Roethlisberger 69
  • *Marcedes Lewis 2019

Cole Cubelic@colecubelic

This is inconceivable...

• Brees 104
  • Brady 105
  • P Manning 293
  • Favre 127
  • Marino 84
  • Rivers 35
  • *Rodgers 1
  • Roethlisberger 69
  • *Marcedes Lewis 2019
A bit arbitrary and second round picks often better than first rounders.  And tons of good receivers picked later, Antonio Brown, Edelman, Michael Thomas in the 2nd, etc. Off the top of my head, Devonte Adams and Jennings were second rounders. As was Javon Walker but maybe that was before Rogers.  I'm sure some Packers fans would have others. 

Cole Cubelic@colecubelic

This is inconceivable...

• Brees 104
  • Brady 105
  • P Manning 293
  • Favre 127
  • Marino 84
  • Rivers 35
  • *Rodgers 1
  • Roethlisberger 69
  • *Marcedes Lewis 2019
That is crazy. Also very low for Rives, and I think the number 35 is wrong -- at PFR, I can only identify 30 (Mike Williams 12, Melvin Gordon 11, Ladainian Tomlinson 7).

A bit arbitrary and second round picks often better than first rounders.  And tons of good receivers picked later, Antonio Brown, Edelman, Michael Thomas in the 2nd, etc. Off the top of my head, Devonte Adams and Jennings were second rounders. As was Javon Walker but maybe that was before Rogers.  I'm sure some Packers fans would have others. 
Not really if the point is investment in the receiving corps to support a franchise QB especially if the comparison is this stark.  

Off the top of my head Peyton Manning had Ken Dilger and Jerome Pathon, both second rounders but no-one in their right mind would claim those 2nd round investments were as good as first rounder picks Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison.  Not all 1st round picks work out such as Anthony Gonzalez but the investment of 1st round picks was used to  support the franchise QB.

That is crazy. Also very low for Rives, and I think the number 35 is wrong -- at PFR, I can only identify 30 (Mike Williams 12, Melvin Gordon 11, Ladainian Tomlinson 7).
Pretty sure the point of the tweet was 1st round picks used on WR/TEs but it wasn't an in-depth article only a tweet but the point is clear, Green Bay didn't give Rogers the sort of support other franchise QBs got in terms of using 1st round picks in the receiving corps to support him.

Not really if the point is investment in the receiving corps to support a franchise QB especially if the comparison is this stark.  

Off the top of my head Peyton Manning had Ken Dilger and Jerome Pathon, both second rounders but no-one in their right mind would claim those 2nd round investments were as good as first rounder picks Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison.  Not all 1st round picks work out such as Anthony Gonzalez but the investment of 1st round picks was used to  support the franchise QB.

Pretty sure the point of the tweet was 1st round picks used on WR/TEs but it wasn't an in-depth article only a tweet but the point is clear, Green Bay didn't give Rogers the sort of support other franchise QBs got in terms of using 1st round picks in the receiving corps to support him.
Point is whether you use a first or second rounder on a wr doesn’t make much difference. My guess is second rounders have done nearly as well over time. 

Also how many of Brady’s TDs were to wr the Pats drafted in the first round? Prob like 1. Most were prob to Moss who they picked up off the scrap heap

Point is whether you use a first or second rounder on a wr doesn’t make much difference. My guess is second rounders have done nearly as well over time. 

Also how many of Brady’s TDs were to wr the Pats drafted in the first round? Prob like 1. Most were prob to Moss who they picked up off the scrap heap
Randy Moss is scrap?  Come on.  Top WRs wanted to play with Brady and took discounts to do so.

With the exception of the year they were 18-1 and lost in the SB, most of the Patriots SB victories were aided by a very good defense and kicker.

Well, then Rivers would be at 12, all Mike Williams. So pretty sure the tweet must have been attempting to include all positions, though as I said, Rivers seemingly should be at 30, not 35.

With the exception of the year they were 18-1 and lost in the SB, most of the Patriots SB victories were aided by a very good defense and kicker.
Pats dynasty was built on scheme/Belichick/coaching and not over-powering offense but they made an investment in Tom for the first time in 2007 and it showed in historic ways.

The year they went 18-1 is the year NE acquired Moss in a trade.  That year Randy set the ALL-TIME NFL record for TD pass receptions with 23. 

Tom Brady TD  passes by year before Randy Moss:

0 - 18 - 28 - 23 - 28 - 26 - 24

NE got Moss.  Tom Brady with his best receiving weapon ever while both were in their prime.  Any improvement on Tom Brady? 

Yeah.  TD total that year 50.  Nearly 700 passing yards more than his best year.  Best completion percent of his career (68.8%).  Brady has never eclipsed 39 TDs in any other season.

Tom got injured and threw 0 TDs the next year.  Moss still had a good year with a 1,000 yard season and 11 TDs.

The next year Brady was coming back from severe injury,  Pats were cautious and protected Tom, didn't have as open of an offense.  Brady's TD total that year 28.  

The year Tom came back was Moss's 12th NFL season and he had his last good year catching 13 TDs and having over 1,200 yards.  The next season the Pats  didn't pay him so he sulked and they got rid of him during the year.  He declined and was never the same.  

Well, then Rivers would be at 12, all Mike Williams. So pretty sure the tweet must have been attempting to include all positions, though as I said, Rivers seemingly should be at 30, not 35.
Well then throw in Faulk and Edge for Peyton and other 1st round RBs to the other QBs but its clear Aarron hadn't gotten support of HOF QB piers during his time with 1st round receiving targets.  I mean just compare those names at RB to any that Aarron Rodgers had catching passes from the RB position.  Did he have a LaDanian or an Edgrinn or a Faulk or even a Melvin Gordon type of investment at RB?  

Still a bit ridiculous.  Jennings, Cobb, Jordy and Adams were all 2nd rounders and that's a ton of Rodgers TD totals.  One could argue the past few years the Packers have not invested well into the WR/TE core (they tried and failed with Jimmy Graham) but for a majority of his career Rodgers has had plenty of weapons and good ones at that. 

Well then throw in Faulk and Edge for Peyton and other 1st round RBs to the other QBs but its clear Aarron hadn't gotten support of HOF QB piers during his time with 1st round receiving targets.  I mean just compare those names at RB to any that Aarron Rodgers had catching passes from the RB position.  Did he have a LaDanian or an Edgrinn or a Faulk or even a Melvin Gordon type of investment at RB?  
Maybe you misunderstand me. I'm not trying to argue anything about Rodgers. I simply observed that Rivers' total was (a) also very low and (b) wrong.

Maybe you misunderstand me. I'm not trying to argue anything about Rodgers. I simply observed that Rivers' total was (a) also very low and (b) wrong.
The guy who made the tweet didn't show his work so he likely is wrong but he was making a point and the point stand even if his work is sloppy.

Still a bit ridiculous.  Jennings, Cobb, Jordy and Adams were all 2nd rounders and that's a ton of Rodgers TD totals.  One could argue the past few years the Packers have not invested well into the WR/TE core (they tried and failed with Jimmy Graham) but for a majority of his career Rodgers has had plenty of weapons and good ones at that. 
Do you not get such a simple point?  

The lack of support from the FO may be linked to reports of Rodgers dis-respect towards the Packer coaching staff which may have prompted the selection of Love.  They have been trying to say it was not a coaching move but came from the GM.  The speculation of Rodgers moving-on is likely IMHO.

The guy who made the tweet didn't show his work so he likely is wrong but he was making a point and the point stand even if his work is sloppy.

Do you not get such a simple point?  

The lack of support from the FO may be linked to reports of Rodgers dis-respect towards the Packer coaching staff which may have prompted the selection of Love.  They have been trying to say it was not a coaching move but came from the GM.  The speculation of Rodgers moving-on is likely IMHO.
That tweet is not unique I've seen it retweeted dozens of times so while I agree with your conclusion not sure that was the intent of the person behind this particular version of it.  A vast majority of the people tweeting/retweeting it are doing so to take a shot at the Packers front office and also making excuses for Rodgers recent play. 

That tweet is not unique I've seen it retweeted dozens of times so while I agree with your conclusion not sure that was the intent of the person behind this particular version of it.  A vast majority of the people tweeting/retweeting it are doing so to take a shot at the Packers front office and also making excuses for Rodgers recent play. 
I've got no anti-GB FO or pro-A-Rod agenda.  The selection of Love raised a lot of eyes and even though I have never kept track I could see the Pack had not drafted a WR in the 1st round but didn't pay attention till the tweet which does show a significant lack of 1st round picks compared to peers.  

You say 2nd round picks are just as good.  No, they CAN be but aren't as good. Using 2nd round picks CAN be as good IF a team make MANY PICKS in the 2nd round.  See 2011 the Packers SB year and you'll see the roster loaded with 2nd round WRs who were OK to very-good, Cobb, Jennings, Jordy, along with having Donald Driver still producing that year and a 3rd round investment in James Jones.  Three-2nd round picks plus a third just with the WRs that year.  

Using that tactic us not sustainable as Cobb hit his high water mark that year, Driven went down hill quickly, and Jennings only had one more decent year leaving Jordy who came into his own but without a full contingent around him like he had in 2011.

Having many WRs coming together at one time using multiple 2nd round picks, THAT is support and it reaped a huge return.  Since then the roster has not had that sort of investment in the WR position with 2nd round picks and obviously no 1st round picks.

Its not an agenda to show other QBs had 1st round picks and Aarron did not.  

Since Aarron Rodgers was drafted in the 1st round back in 2005 here are the 1st round picks by the Green Bay Packers.

• 2006 - A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State 
  • 2007 - Justin Harrell DT Tennessee
  • 2008- no 1st round pick
  • 2009 - B.J. Raji DT Boston College, Clay Matthews LB USC
  • 2010 - Bryan Bulaga T Iowa
  • 2011 - Derek Sherrod T Mississippi State
  • 2012 - Nick Perry DE USC
  • 2013 - Datone Jones DE UCLA
  • 2014 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix DB Alabama
  • 2015 - Damarious Randall DB Arizona State
  • 2016 - Kenny Clark DT UCLA
  • 2017 - Kevin King DB Washington
  • 2018 - Jaire Alexander DB Louisville
  • 2019 - Rashan Gary DE Michigan
  • 2020 -  Jordan Love QB Utah State
Twelve defensive players and two tackles. 

The only offensive skill position drafted in the 1st round during Aarron Rodgers era was this year when they took his expected replacement.

EDIT per 2nd round picks used on WRs being effective to my point of using multiple picks to flood the position giving many shots at production.  

Here's the list of 2nd round picks used on WRs during Rodgers era.

• 2005 Terrence Murphy - 3 games no stats
  • 2006 Greg Jennings
  • 2007 James Jones - third round
  • 2008 Jordy Nelson
  • 2009 NA
  • 2010 NA
  • 2011 Randall Cobb
  • 2012 NA
  • 2013 NA
  • 2014 Davante Adams
  • 2015 NA
  • 2016 NA
  • 2017 NA
  • 2018 NA
  • 2019 NA
  • 2020 NA
In 2011 they won the Super Bowl championship.  Leading up to that championship season they had used FOUR 2nd-round picks on WRs in addition to the 3rd round pick used on James Jones.  That constitutes a viable investment of high draft capital to support a HOF QB.

One 1st or 2nd round pick used at the WR position over the past 9 drafts.  0 in six straight drafts.  That shows an obvious lack of support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no anti-GB FO or pro-A-Rod agenda.  The selection of Love raised a lot of eyes and even though I have never kept track I could see the Pack had not drafted a WR in the 1st round but didn't pay attention till the tweet which does show a significant lack of 1st round picks compared to peers.  

You say 2nd round picks are just as good.  No, they CAN be but aren't as good. Using 2nd round picks CAN be as good IF a team make MANY PICKS in the 2nd round.  See 2011 the Packers SB year and you'll see the roster loaded with 2nd round WRs who were OK to very-good, Cobb, Jennings, Jordy, along with having Donald Driver still producing that year and a 3rd round investment in James Jones.  Three-2nd round picks plus a third just with the WRs that year.  

Using that tactic us not sustainable as Cobb hit his high water mark that year, Driven went down hill quickly, and Jennings only had one more decent year leaving Jordy who came into his own but without a full contingent around him like he had in 2011.

Having many WRs coming together at one time using multiple 2nd round picks, THAT is support and it reaped a huge return.  Since then the roster has not had that sort of investment in the WR position with 2nd round picks and obviously no 1st round picks.

Its not an agenda to show other QBs had 1st round picks and Aarron did not.  

Since Aarron Rodgers was drafted in the 1st round back in 2005 here are the 1st round picks by the Green Bay Packers.

• 2006 - A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State 
  • 2007 - Justin Harrell DT Tennessee
  • 2008- no 1st round pick
  • 2009 - B.J. Raji DT Boston College, Clay Matthews LB USC
  • 2010 - Bryan Bulaga T Iowa
  • 2011 - Derek Sherrod T Mississippi State
  • 2012 - Nick Perry DE USC
  • 2013 - Datone Jones DE UCLA
  • 2014 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix DB Alabama
  • 2015 - Damarious Randall DB Arizona State
  • 2016 - Kenny Clark DT UCLA
  • 2017 - Kevin King DB Washington
  • 2018 - Jaire Alexander DB Louisville
  • 2019 - Rashan Gary DE Michigan
  • 2020 -  Jordan Love QB Utah State
Twelve defensive players and two tackles. 

The only offensive skill position drafted in the 1st round during Aarron Rodgers era was this year when they took his expected replacement.
Personally I don't care if you do or do not have an agenda just arguing that tweet was dumb as it was all over twitter last week with a majority of the responses bashing the Packers FO and using it as an excuse for Rodgers.  The reason GB didn't spend 1st rounds on WR's is because they had success in the 2nd round and their defense sucked for a majority of his time as a starter so they were always trying to improve that.  I apologize quoting your post but Rodgers has had Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb and Adams plus a few years of Finley who had a chance to be a really really good weapon but unfortunately was injured. Nowhere did I say 2nd rounders were just as good as 1st rounders but with the Packers drafting history they've done a fantastic job drafting WR in the 2nd round so much so they didn't need to spend 1st rounders on them, up until recently of course.  The narrative that the Packers haven't provided weapons to Rodgers over the course of his career (with the exception of the last 2 years) is ridiculously stupid.  That's my point.

And honestly I was po'd the Packers didn't draft Queen or a WR this year.  I wanted them to go for it...hated the Love pick.  Just hate that tweet you posted as it implies Rodgers has garbage for weapons.

I appreciate the leg work on the Packers investment into skill players even though those lists are incomplete. Pipes did a good job of filling that in further.

I would say you need to go back and look at the Packers investment in skill players prior to Rodgers and you will see a pretty similar pattern of investment.

Why?

They had over two decades of elite QB play that can lift the ability of lesser WR and just the offense in general. Look at what Sydney Rice was able to do with Favre.

The Packers haven't used a 1st round pick on WR since 2002 when they selected Javon Walker.

Here is all of the WR the Packers have selected since 1990 in draft order:

59 2002 1 20 Javon Walker WR 23 2002 2009 0 1 3 39 83 46 14 132 1 267 4011 31 Florida St. College Stats
60 2008 2 36 Jordy Nelson WR 23 2008 2018 0 1 7 73 151 102 1 -2 0 613 8587 72 Kansas St. College Stats
61 2001 2 41 Robert Ferguson WR 21 2001 2008 0 0 3 18 83 34 1 -8 0 151 1993 13 Texas A&M College Stats
62 2006 2 52 Greg Jennings WR 22 2006 2015 0 2 8 65 143 119 1 -1 0 571 8291 64 West. Michigan College Stats
63 2014 2 53 Davante Adams WR 21 2014 2019 0 3 6 41 86 79 431 5194 44 Fresno St. College Stats
64 1996 2 56 Derrick Mayes WR 22 1996 2000 0 0 1 16 58 32 145 1823 16 Notre Dame College Stats
65 2005 2 58 Terrence Murphy WR 22 2005 2005 0 0 0 0 3 0 5 36 0 Texas A&M College Stats
66 1992 3 62 Robert Brooks WR 22 1992 2000 0 0 5 45 100 67 17 75 0 309 4276 32 South Carolina College Stats
67 2011 2 64 Randall Cobb WR 21 2011 2019 0 1 5 58 120 79 1 3 10 0 0 62 363 0 525 6352 44 Kentucky College Stats
68 2007 3 78 James Jones WR 23 2007 2015 0 0 4 45 136 72 433 5861 51 San Jose St. College Stats
69 1995 3 90 Antonio Freeman WR 23 1995 2003 1 1 6 64 132 91 8 17 0 477 7251 61 Virginia Tech College Stats
70 2015 3 94 Ty Montgomery WR 22 2015 2019 0 0 1 15 58 16 224 1035 7 120 982 3 Stanford College Stats
71 2006 4 104 Cory Rodgers WR 0 0 0 TCU College Stats
72 2000 4 114 Anthony Lucas WR 0 0 0 Arkansas College Stats
73 1992 5 130 Orlando McKay WR 0 0 0 Washington College Stats
74 1990 5 132 Charles Wilson WR 22 1990 1995 0 0 2 15 76 21 7 25 0 113 1750 11 Memphis College Stats
75 2018 4 133 J'Mon Moore WR 23 2018 2018 0 0 0 0 12 0 2 15 0 Missouri College Stats
76 1994 5 146 Terry Mickens WR 23 1994 1999 0 0 0 8 79 10 70 851 4 Florida A&M
77 1998 5 150 Corey Bradford WR 22 1998 2006 0 0 2 26 114 50 3 -13 0 215 3346 25 Jackson St.
78 2000 5 151 Joey Jamison WR 0 0 0 Texas Southern
79 2007 5 157 David Clowney WR 22 2008 2010 0 0 0 3 28 3 3 1 0 22 341 1 Virginia Tech College Stats
80 2016 5 163 Trevor Davis WR 23 2016 2019 0 0 0 2 43 4 6 86 1 16 205 1 California College Stats
81 1994 6 169 Jay Kearney WR 0 0 0 West Virginia College Stats
82 1995 6 173 Charlie Simmons WR 0 0 0 Georgia Tech College Stats
83 2018 5 174 Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR 23 2018 2019 0 0 2 8 32 20 4 38 0 64 1033 4 South Florida College Stats
84 2017 5 175 DeAngelo Yancey WR 22 0 0 0 Purdue College Stats
85 2014 5 176 Jared Abbrederis WR 23 2014 2017 0 0 0 1 21 0 13 163 0 Wisconsin College Stats
86 1994 6 181 Bill Schroeder WR 23 1997 2004 0 0 5 38 111 78 0 1 0 0 0 3 17 0 304 4583 28 Wisconsin–LaCrosse
87 1992 7 190 Christopher Holder WR 0 0 0 Tuskegee
88 2005 6 195 Craig Bragg WR 0 0 0 UCLA College Stats
89 1999 6 196 Dee Miller WR 0 0 0 Ohio St. College Stats
90 1991 8 203 Johnny Walker WR 0 0 0 Texas College Stats
91 2018 6 207 Equanimeous St. Brown WR 21 2018 2018 0 0 1 2 12 7 1 5 0 21 328 0 Notre Dame College Stats
92 1997 7 213 Chris Miller WR 0 0 0 USC College Stats
93 1999 7 213 Donald Driver WR 24 1999 2012 0 3 10 76 205 155 34 217 1 743 10137 61 Alcorn St.
94 2013 7 216 Charles Johnson WR 24 2014 2016 0 0 0 7 39 17 1 -11 0 60 834 2 Grand Valley St.
95 2008 7 217 Brett Swain WR 23 2009 2011 0 0 0 1 27 2 8 87 0 San Diego St. College Stats
96 2013 7 224 Kevin Dorsey WR 23 2014 2014 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 4 0 Maryland College Stats
97 2014 7 236 Jeff Janis WR 23 2014 2017 0 0 0 2 51 1 2 38 1 17 200 1 Saginaw Valley St.
98 2000 7 242 Charles Lee WR 22 2000 2005 0 0 0 7 44 9 2 14 0 72 957 3 Central Florida College Stats
99 2017 7 247 Malachi Dupre WR 21 2018 2018 0 0 0 0 1 0 LSU College Stats
100 2003 7 253 DeAndrew Rubin WR 0 0 0 South Florida College Stats
101 2003 7 256 Carl Ford WR 22 2005 2005 0 0 0 0 10 0 Toledo College Stats
102 1991 12 316 Linzy Collins

I think you also need to keep in mind that many of these successful WR had long careers with the Packers, so they didn't need to replace them.

It is a strategy that has worked well for the organization for literally 30 years now. The Jordan Love pick is an attempt to extend this for another decade.

Randy Moss is scrap?  Come on.  Top WRs wanted to play with Brady and took discounts to do so.
They traded 4th round pick for him when basically no one else wanted him. I don’t say he was scrap said they took him off the scrap heap. They didn’t give anywhere near a first rounder which was the intent of the analysis 

One 1st or 2nd round pick used at the WR position over the past 9 drafts.  0 in six straight drafts.  That shows an obvious lack of support.
So drafting 1st round WR's is the only way a team can support its quarterback?  Do investments in the OL, running game or the defense not support a quarterback? What about twice making him the highest paid player in the NFL - in 2013 and again in 2018?  When you give a 34 year old QB with two years left on his contract a 4 year extension with over $100 million guaranteed, does that show an obvious lack of support?

So drafting 1st round WR's is the only way a team can support its quarterback?  Do investments in the OL, running game or the defense not support a quarterback? What about twice making him the highest paid player in the NFL - in 2013 and again in 2018?  When you give a 34 year old QB with two years left on his contract a 4 year extension with over $100 million guaranteed, does that show an obvious lack of support?
Yeah that 's what I said.  You perfectly synthesized each word with inscrutable precision.  Its like looking into a mirror.  Bravo, left handed golfer clap to you sir. 

Yeah that 's what I said.  You perfectly synthesized each word with inscrutable precision.  Its like looking into a mirror.  Bravo, left handed golfer clap to you sir.
I quoted exactly what you said.  "One 1st or 2nd round pick used at the WR position over the past 9 drafts.  0 in six straight drafts.  That shows an obvious lack of support."

Pats have taken 2 wr in first two rounds in last 14 years. 1 1st round (pick 32 last year) and one 2nd rounder 

As a Vikings fan, Im delighted they ignored WRs in a deep class. Obviously you can support a QB in other ways, but the packers dont have a more glaring need than WR. Drafting a QB project and a RB was senseless to many people. 

Pats have taken 2 wr in first two rounds in last 14 years. 1 1st round (pick 32 last year) and one 2nd rounder 
Gronk was a 2nd. They also have been more active outside the draft, trading for Sanu, Cooks, Dorsett and signing players. I really feels like the Packers have no interest in building their receiver corp outside of later draft picks. 

Aaron Rodgers' days as a fantasy darling are over as Packers look like team changing identity

Excerpt:

With the Packers deciding not to add any help for Aaron Rodgers are you avoiding him in fantasy or is there value with him being drafted as QB11?

Matt: I would not call Rodgers an all-out avoid. There’s enough of a damper on the future Hall of Fame quarterback right now that he no longer comes with the premium draft slot that he once did. Yahoo drafters are now letting him fall into the double-digit rounds. At that point, selecting him falls well within the late-round quarterback strategy. Didn’t see that one coming. He falls to such a point where all the downside of his supporting cast and the potentially run-heavy offense is baked in. Rodgers may not be a priority target any more but he’s certainly worth considering given his ADP.

Scott: Rodgers is a fade for me. The circus eventually leaves town for everyone, and this offense has just one favorable pass catcher. Matt LaFleur didn’t do much of anything exciting with the 2018 Titans, and Green Bay is quietly trying to transition to a run-heavy offense. Rodgers has also scaled back his rushing in recent years. I’d prefer to go for a younger quarterback, or one more upside-friendly, in 2020.

Liz: Is a top-12 fantasy finish in Rodgers’ range of possible outcomes? Of course. Does that mean you have to draft him? Not at all. The position is so rich with talent that plenty of later-round options exist. As storied a talent as Rodgers is, he’s playing in a run-focused offense with a limited number of proven pass-catchers available to drag his production. Folks rostering him are doing so because of reputation and perceived value. And that’s fine. However, I’d argue there are players with similar ADP and more upside — like Matt Stafford — who could boom in a bigger way. 

Aaron Rodgers completed 32-of-44 passes for 364 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers' 43-34, Week 1 win over the Vikings.

Rodgers was absolutely flawless in this one, and could have had an even bigger day if Marquez Valdes-Scantling hadn't dropped an easy 61-yard touchdown. This was arguably the best game Rodgers has played under coach Matt LaFleur. He had just three 300-yard games under LaFleur last season. With the Vikings missing stud DE Danielle Hunter (neck) and breaking in an entirely new cornerback group, they didn't stand a chance against Rodgers, who did whatever he wanted in this one. He got the defense to jump offside several times with hard counts, too, earning free plays. Davante Adams was Rodgers' top target, as usual, turning 17 targets into 14-156-2. Valdes-Scantling also caught a long 45-yard score, and Allen Lazard was the recipient of the fourth touchdown pass from four yards out. Rodgers gets a Lions defense that Mitchell Trubisky lit up in the fourth quarter of Week 1.

- Rotoworld

Aaron Rodgers completed 18-of-30 passes for 240 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' Week 2 win over the Lions.

Rodgers is off to a great start after a suspect offseason in Green Bay. He's thrown for 604 yards and six touchdowns through two games while clicking with his two star players, Davante Adams and Aaron Jones. The Packers' offseason hinted at a more balanced approach on offense, but Green Bay has been more pass-heavy than expected early in 2020. That's great news for Rodgers' status as a borderline top-10 fantasy quarterback. A much tougher task is on the schedule next. Rodgers and the Pack head to New Orleans for Week 3. Expect Vegas to give this matchup one of the highest game totals of the week.
- Rotoworld

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been kept clean on a league-high 83.1 percent of his drop backs through two weeks. 

Rodgers has been under pressure on an incredibly low 16.9 percent of his drop backs this season. Keeping Rodgers upright has led to 604 passing yards and six touchdowns through two weeks. It's a considerable change from 2019, when Rodgers was under pressure on 34.5 percent of his drop backs. He should remain in lineups this week against the Saints, though Davante Adams' hamstring woes could prove problematic for Rodgers. 

RELATED: 

Davante Adams

Sep 21, 2020, 11:05 AM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 21-of-32 passes for 283 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers' Week 3 win over the Saints.

Rodgers carried the Packers offense on a quiet night from Aaron Jones (16/69/1). He was forced to spread it out with Davante Adams out, with all three of Green Bay's tight ends making an impact. Two of Rodgers' three touchdowns were to tight ends, and he hit Allen Lazard for a red-zone score in the second quarter. Rodgers now has 887 yards and a 9:0 TD/INT ratio through three games. He gets a matchup with the Falcons on Monday night in Week 4.

Sep 27, 2020, 11:34 PM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 27-of-33 passes for 327 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers' 30-16, Week 4 win over the Falcons.

Rodgers tossed 25 and 26 touchdowns each of the last two seasons, but he now has 13 scores and zero interceptions 25% of the way through 2020, putting him on pace for 52 touchdowns at the moment. He's doing it without a healthy Davante Adams (hamstring) the last two weeks. And Allen Lazard (core) also missed this one, leaving Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Darrius Shepherd, Robert Tonyan, and Aaron Jones as Rodgers' top pass catchers. Jones caught Rodgers' first score from six yards out in the first quarter, and Tonyan caught the final three with 19-, 8-, and 21-yard scores. Rodgers is cooking right now headed into the bye and would be in the MVP mix if not for Russell Wilson and Josh Allen. Rodgers gets a tough Week 6 road draw against the Bucs.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:05 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread