What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Luck is the only one close. I think if you did a redraft of the whole NFL it has to go Rodgers, Luck, Watt.
This is a different question. While watt has been awesome, it shouldn't surprise anyone if Wilson or even newton would be taken ahead of him.Eta Cam maybe not but he's worth considering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Am the Stig said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
I Am the Stig said:
Raider Nation said:
Better late than never, Bloom. :coffee:

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom

Is Aaron Rodgers having the greatest QB season of all-time? There's definitely an argument that he is. Numbers are astounding
Numbers are both inflated and astounding.The interceptions is most telling to me though.
The worst part is that if it werent for tipped/ batted balls he wouldnt have any picks this season
Tipped passes are usually thrown high but point taken.
3 INTs, you can make the argument that one of them was leading his receiver too far -- but two of them were good throws that were mishandled by receivers.

GIFs of each:

https://imgur.com/a/Hy8Rh
That's remarkable - all three of his INT this year were tipped balls.

That's just sick. I hope the defense holds it together during the playoffs. Guy reminds me of Gretzky. Just makes it look too easy.

He's not even in the conversation until he wins another Superbowl. It's all laid out right in front of him this year. He's got home field and the #1 seed locked up, he is 100% healthy, his team is unbelievably healthy, and he's in his prime playing the best he's ever played. If he doesn't win the Superbowl this season, no way you can call him the greatest all time.
This is a team sport, correct? 11 on 11?

Just checking.

I do agree that no way should Dan Marino be in the GOAT discussion though and that Trent Dilfer should be.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about this Bills matchup. No margin for error in the playoffs. Need a big game but I think his stats might be more on the pedestrian side. Still QB1 stats, but not high end. Maybe 7-10ish

Today's jeopardy category - "Stinky stinky".

The answer is - 34.3

Any guesses?

The answer is - 34.3

Any guesses?
yeah we know, but it's only one game. Everyone has bad days.

In reality, Rodger's receivers were completely awful. Dropping passes left and right and letting them bounce of their hands (two for interceptions). This game does nothing to change the discussion.

He's putting up great stats - but I don't know that he has enough to grit out a win. I was wondering if he could do it today and he couldn't.

Plays great when all systems are firing - but when things are not he hasn't really shown the poise to win anyways

Completely serious

The answer is - 34.3

Any guesses?

In reality, Rodger's receivers were completely awful. Dropping passes left and right and letting them bounce of their hands (two for interceptions). This game does nothing to change the discussion.
Jordy dropping that sure 80 yd TD kind of hurt.

The answer is - 34.3

Any guesses?

Jordy also prevented a pick 6 on an awful throw. Even Steven.

The answer is - 34.3

Any guesses?

Jordy also prevented a pick 6 on an awful throw. Even Steven.
Missed that play. No doubt Rodgers had a bad day. Still, it could have been better. Jordy had another bad drop in this game. Jordy had a rough outing.

I've been saying it for years - just imagine what Rodgers would do if he had some decent Wide Receivers.

He's putting up great stats - but I don't know that he has enough to grit out a win. I was wondering if he could do it today and he couldn't.

Plays great when all systems are firing - but when things are not he hasn't really shown the poise to win anyways

Completely serious
Your memory would have to reach all the way back to mid October to get to the last game winning 2 minute drive featuring multiple conversion, runs, a fake spike and a go ahead touchdown to the TE with 3 seconds to play.

Packers had all kinds of issues today, but Rodgers was pretty bad. Who cares? Still the best QB in the league.
Tom Brady says hello.
From 2nd place behind Rodgers as far as best qb right now?
Actually, no. From first place as the #1 seed saying hello to someone who just spit the bit against the Buffalo fukcing Bills, insuring his team the #2 seed at best.Never thought I'd say this, but Tom Brady is your MVP of the league right now.

Last edited:
Packers had all kinds of issues today, but Rodgers was pretty bad. Who cares? Still the best QB in the league.
Tom Brady says hello.
Actually, no. From first place as the #1 seed saying hello to someone who just spit the bit against the Buffalo fukcing Bills, insuring his team the #2 seed at best.Never thought I'd say this, but Tom Brady is your MVP of the league right now.
You like being wrong a lot dont you?

Tom Brady says hello.
Any amount of money you'd like to put on that? We just need to agree on a neutral party to hold the cash.

Tom Brady says hello.
Yeah not really.......

Tom Brady says hello.
Any amount of money you'd like to put on that? We just need to agree on a neutral party to hold the cash.
:goodposting: I would be the neutral party but I want in on that action myself :shrug:

He obviously cost a lot of people games today, but your anger will eventually be set aside. You won't want me to bump these posts 10 years from now where you people are criticizing the greatest QB who ever lived.

Rodgers is still the leader in the MVP race imo . 35 TD to 5 INT, 111.2 passer rating? That's just silly. Brady is in the conversation too, and if you look strictly at their stats, Manning, Luck, and Roethlisberger as well. The last couple games can definitely change the voting, but unless the Packers lose again I think Rodgers will take it.

Rodgers is still the leader in the MVP race imo . 35 TD to 5 INT, 111.2 passer rating? That's just silly. Brady is in the conversation too, and if you look strictly at their stats, Manning, Luck, and Roethlisberger as well. The last couple games can definitely change the voting, but unless the Packers lose again I think Rodgers will take it.
Brady really isn't in the conversation and neither is anyone else. This is not a knock on Brady as he's a complete stud. Rodgers is just on another level at this point.

Brady really isn't in the conversation and neither is anyone else. This is not a knock on Brady as he's a complete stud. Rodgers is just on another level at this point.
I wasn't talking about who is better, I was talking about who will win the MVP.

Ok so give your rationale as to why Brady could possibly be ahead of Rodgers in the MVP race....... :popcorn:

Ok so give your rationale as to why Brady could possibly be ahead of Rodgers in the MVP race....... :popcorn:
The only argument one could make is based on team success - the Patriots have more wins than the Packers - but based on the eye test and the numbers, Brady isn't even top 3 among quarterbacks this year. Rodgers, Luck and Peyton are top 3, in that order. Luck has more INTs than those guys, but consider what he is doing behind a horrific offensive line.

He's not. I said that Rodgers is ahead of Brady, and everyone else, without a doubt as of today. However, MVP voters always put (too much, imo) emphasis on where the team is in the standings. If the Packers lose to Detroit and become a wild card team while the Patriots or Broncos get home field then the MVP race becomes a toss up. People start looking at strength of schedule (Broncos currently have 3rd most difficult, Patriots 5th, Packers 19th) and it all gets even more muddled from there as the stat geeks come out to play. Then the FBG board explodes with threads about what MVP really means, everyone calls each other an idiot, and a dozen people get a board vacation.

Hopefully the Packers win out so we can avoid all that. ;)

The MVP race right now is Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Manning then Watt.

If it wasn't a qb league Watt would be second.

Here are the ways Rodgers could be caught and it is based on the guy listed winning out and being very impressive doing it.

Luck could catch Rodgers if he has another bad game against Detroit and the Packers lose.

Brady could leap them both if the Pats win out and he out plays Luck in the stats department the last 2 weeks.

Manning could jump them all if the win out and he goes back to passing 45 times a game and putting up crazy numbers.

Tom Brady says hello.
Brady the MVP? :lmao: keep fishing

Users who are viewing this thread