What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Rodgers' numbers are already incredible from a career standpoint, but it's clear that he isn't the QB he was two years ago.  Forget the numbers (which aren't as good), watch him play. He just isn't the awesome QB on a regular basis like he used to be. 

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Rodgers' numbers are already incredible from a career standpoint, but it's clear that he isn't the QB he was two years ago.  Forget the numbers (which aren't as good), watch him play. He just isn't the awesome QB on a regular basis like he used to be. 
Yeah, you can basically change the title to "was".

I've been saying this since last fall.  It wasn't because of jordy being gone.  I don't know the cause but he's basically the tiger woods of football.  Totally lost his mojo.  Yes, one good first half this year.  Not the same guy anymore. 

I've been saying this since last fall.  It wasn't because of jordy being gone.  I don't know the cause but he's basically the tiger woods of football.  Totally lost his mojo.  Yes, one good first half this year.  Not the same guy anymore. 
His mechanics are awful. Not even stepping into his throws in the most clean of pockets.  It may be loss of mojo...or maybe a degenerative knde condition.  Who knows for sure but it is painfully clear he is not the same guy as 2014 and prior.

Seriously has anyone ever gone from the best player in the league to mediocre without suffering a major injury or having Father Time catch up with them?  I'm not saying he done by any means but it seems like an unprecedented fall to me.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Seriously has anyone ever gone from the best player in the league to mediocre without suffering a major injury or having Father Time catch up with them?  I'm not saying he done by any means but it seems like an unprecedented fall to me.
Who says father time didn't catch up to him? That seems to be the only explanation.

Who says father time didn't catch up to him? That seems to be the only explanation.
Maybe so.  That doesn't happen for most though until their mid 30s.  Guys like Brady, Manning and Brees, just to name a few, were in their prime at age 32.

The problem is McCarthy, not Rodgers.  If he didn't have HOF QB's baling him out his entire coaching tenure in GB he would have been fired long ago by any team, he's a bottom-5 coach in the league and continues to make terrible decisions week in and week out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is McCarthy, not Rodgers.  If he didn't have HOF QB's baling him out his entire coaching tenure in GB he would have been fired long ago by any team, he's a bottom-5 coach in the league and continues to make terrible decisions week in and week out.
Maybe but Rodgers looks bad, late on throws, missing defenders dropping underneath, sloppy mechanics when he has time to do it right... I mean he looks both overconfident and apathetic. 

Maybe but Rodgers looks bad, late on throws, missing defenders dropping underneath, sloppy mechanics when he has time to do it right... I mean he looks both overconfident and apathetic. 
Well I disagree with that. Rodgers was not Godgers today, but he still plays at a high level.  Calling multiple running plays that get stuffed at the line when down 2 scores in 4th quarter was a much bigger problem.  if the Packers would just let Rodgers pass every play and completely abandon the run they would have a much better offense.

Why can't it be both?  I hate McCarthy and agree that Rodgers has made him look much smarter than he really is.  Having said that Rodgers is off.  McCarthy didn't cause Rodgers to miss a wide open Randall Cobb in the end zone tonight.  He didn't cause Rodgers to throw a terrible interception.  Rodgers just isn't playing up to par and McCarthy sucks.

Why can't it be both?  I hate McCarthy and agree that Rodgers has made him look much smarter than he really is.  Having said that Rodgers is off.  McCarthy didn't cause Rodgers to miss a wide open Randall Cobb in the end zone tonight.  He didn't cause Rodgers to throw a terrible interception.  Rodgers just isn't playing up to par and McCarthy sucks.
Agreed, but no QB is perfect every game.  Rodgers was still 31/42 passing for 294 yards and a TD and INT.  He could have had a much better game with proper play calling.

Ironically after reading the article  I just remembered a guy who kind of did this but not near as much success before or as long.  Rich Gannon.  He was QB 1 at years end at one point and the next year he was worthless. 

OK

Well I disagree with that. Rodgers was not Godgers today, but he still plays at a high level.  Calling multiple running plays that get stuffed at the line when down 2 scores in 4th quarter was a much bigger problem.  if the Packers would just let Rodgers pass every play and completely abandon the run they would have a much better offense.

You lost me.

Ironically after reading the article  I just remembered a guy who kind of did this but not near as much success before or as long.  Rich Gannon.  He was QB 1 at years end at one point and the next year he was worthless. 
  Unfortunately what makes it not so ironic is that Rich Gannon is mentioned in the very first sentience of the article.

Sorry there should've been a comma after "point" since it was a compound sentence. My bad.  Damn it, sentence fragment!  Argh!  Another one!   :hophead:

He was 38 at the time (2003, after his all-Pro 2002 season at 37).

Rodgers will be fine. People were saying the same stuff about Drew Brees six games into last season. That was the game before he went off for 500 yards and 7 TDs. 

He was 38 at the time (2003, after his all-Pro 2002 season at 37).

Rodgers will be fine. People were saying the same stuff about Drew Brees six games into last season. That was the game before he went off for 500 yards and 7 TDs. 
I hope you're correct but this goes back to week 7 last year.  It's been equivalent to a full season of Rodgers not looking like himself.  Like someone mentioned in another thread Rodgers used to have a swagger.  He'd always go up to the line of scrimmage with a cockiness about him...smug look on his face like "I got this".  Now he's expressionless and has terrible body language.  The cockiness is gone.  Whatever he's going through he needs his mojo back and needs it back quickly.

I hope you're correct but this goes back to week 7 last year.  It's been equivalent to a full season of Rodgers not looking like himself.  Like someone mentioned in another thread Rodgers used to have a swagger.  He'd always go up to the line of scrimmage with a cockiness about him...smug look on his face like "I got this".  Now he's expressionless and has terrible body language.  The cockiness is gone.  Whatever he's going through he needs his mojo back and needs it back quickly.
It's Olivia Munn.

I have defended MM...and give him a lot of criticism this year.  But will defend from some of this.

McCarthy didn't throw that awful pick?  McCarthy didn't fumble?

McCarthy didn't miss a wide open Richard Rodgers or Cobb for the TD or any number of other bad passes the other night.  McCarthy isn't the one who is inaccurate passing right now.  That with being given a ton of time to throw the ####ing ball.

He is not a bottom 5 coach in the league...that is just ####ing idiotic.

BS...and the run game has been the best part of the offense this year.  Lacy is running well.

If anything, they need to get him healthy and run him more.

I think its time to say that this is no longer a top tier fantasy offense.  For fantasy purposes it almost doesn't matter what the reason is unless we expect something to change.  I think it's been a full season of not being a great fantasy offense and that's more than enough to call it.  A lot of it is that the defense is good and Rodgers isn't facing Prevent defense the whole second half like some other teams.  Half the league being a dumpster fire seems to be leading to garbage time being the best source of fantasy points... maybe that skews my frame of reference.

I must be the only one, but I really don't find her that attractive.  Most athlete wives/girlfriends are better looking, honestly...
A lot of people thought he was gay prior to him bringing her around. Just one giant cover-up.  It's ok Aaron come out and go back to slinging 350-4 with that weight off your chest.

Are 16 games, the equivalent of one regular season, long enough to say a quarterback has slipped? That should go without saying.

Rodgers hasn’t been the same player since Game 7 last season when the Packers, a three-point favorite, went to Denver and were crushed, 29-10.

"I haven’t had my ### kicked like that in a long time," said coach Mike McCarthy, but Rodgers might have said the same thing after throwing for a career-low 77 yards.

That was the start of a 16-game stretch – 12 last year, four this year – in which Rodgers’ level of play, so outstanding season after season, has fallen.

Working backward, Rodgers’ career was divided into eight 16-game segments, playoff games included. The two games in which he departed early because of injury also were counted. The eight 16-game segments totaled 128 starts; left out were the first eight starts of his career in 2008.

The decline in Rodgers’ statistics in the most recent 16-game segment is startling, if not shocking.

Start with passer rating. His 83.6 mark in the last 16 games doesn’t even begin to compare to his previous seven segments, which are listed here in reverse chronological order: 110.0, 105.5, 113.0, 110.9, 115.5, 98.6 and 98.5.

Now check out completion percentage. His mark of 56.8 percent in the last 16 games was preceded by 65.1, 66.5, 66.9, 66.6, 69.2, 65.2 and 63.3.

Look at yards per attempt. His mark of 6.04 in the last 16 games was preceded by averages of 8.20, 8.20, 8.36, 8.25, 8.77, 7.96 and 8.07.

His passing yards (3,677) and touchdowns (29) in the last 16 games were the lowest of the eight segments, and his interception total of 10 was his highest since the first two segments of his career.
http://www.kare11.com/sports/has-aaron-rodgers-fallen-from-ranks-of-great-nfl-qbs/337062691

There's a post making its way around Twitter comparing Aaron and Hoyer over the last 12 games.  It is not a positive comparison for Mr. Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread