What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (1 Viewer)

Harry Frogfish said:
If you were able to put the top QBs of all-time, in their respective primes, on the exact same teams, I would take him over all others.  The problem with football is there are so many intangibles that go into where each QB's career trajectory takes them.  In the ultimate team sport, comparisons via simply numbers are a fool's task.  Situations vary so widely, it's impossible to compare.

So fans go with their faves and bias plays the biggest part.  It's easy to cherry-pick a slew of statistics in support of any of the top guys.  Each situation and supporting cast have a massive impact on results and the actual player has little control over that.  Accolades are easy arguments to make, especially for homers to make in support of their bias.  There's more to it than that.

One thing I'm not is a Green Bay fan.  Or Cal for that matter.  But I would take Rodgers.  Of all the top guys who would've won more, and/or carried entire franchises on their backs, he's top of that list.
This post is like a fingerprint.

ProFootballTalk.com reports Aaron Rodgers could save $18.3 million in unearned signing bonus money and roster bonus money if he opts out of the 2021 season by July 2. 

It's a new wrinkle in the NFL MVP's offseason saga, and one that should cause tremendous heartburn in the Packers' front office. An agreement between the league and the player's union struck this week grants "broad powers to all players to opt out of the 2021 season, regardless of whether they opted out in 2020 or whether they have been diagnosed with a higher-risk condition since October 1, 2020." Last year, dozens of players opted out of the season due to COVID-19 concerns. The Packers have been crystal clear that they will not trade Rodgers. He'll play for Green Bay or no one in 2021. Jordan Love, meanwhile, has taken almost all of the first-team reps in Green Bay offseason practices, making up for his lack of reps during the COVID-shortened 2020 offseason. Love under center this season would be a major hit to the fantasy value of all Packers skill position players. 

RELATED: 

Jordan Love

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com 

Jun 25, 2021, 8:20 AM ET

If you were able to put the top QBs of all-time, in their respective primes, on the exact same teams, I would take him over all others.  The problem with football is there are so many intangibles that go into where each QB's career trajectory takes them.  In the ultimate team sport, comparisons via simply numbers are a fool's task.  Situations vary so widely, it's impossible to compare.

So fans go with their faves and bias plays the biggest part.  It's easy to cherry-pick a slew of statistics in support of any of the top guys.  Each situation and supporting cast have a massive impact on results and the actual player has little control over that.  Accolades are easy arguments to make, especially for homers to make in support of their bias.  There's more to it than that.

One thing I'm not is a Green Bay fan.  Or Cal for that matter.  But I would take Rodgers.  Of all the top guys who would've won more, and/or carried entire franchises on their backs, he's top of that list.
So statistics are easy to cherry-pick & accolades are easy arguments to make.

so how exactly do you evaluate a player? Tea leaves? Chicken bones? Their ability to play charades or caliber of wives/girlfriends? 

If I’m reading this correctly you’d take Rodgers over Peyton Manning in his prime, Marino, Elway, Montana, Young, etc but you would not base this on either statistics or accolades.

ooooooookay then.  :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodgers just went from a power position, to omnipotent w that new league ruling. 
Yes, yes he did...most of the time, I fall on the Organization side when it comes to things like this...as long as the Organization is handling the situation appropriately. I'm in no way saying that Rodgers is being an angel here, but it's my opinion that the fault in all of this lies mostly on the Organization. Rodgers has been Rodgers from the time he assumed the on-field helm of this Team. The Organization has had/have personnel and systems in place that should have been able to anticipate things involving him and managed this entire situation in a much different manner, in which things would not be in the position they are today. You reap what you sow, indeed.

Personal feelings aside, unless you're a Jordan Love Owner, I'd hope the majority of us agree that it's better for the Packers, the NFL Season and Fantasy Football in general if Rodgers plays QB for the Packers this Season. If this latest card Rodgers has been dealt makes that happen, and any sooner than it might otherwise, I'm all for it.

Personal feelings aside, unless you're a Jordan Love Owner, I'd hope the majority of us agree that it's better for the Packers, the NFL Season and Fantasy Football in general if Rodgers plays QB for the Packers this Season. If this latest card Rodgers has been dealt makes that happen, and any sooner than it might otherwise, I'm all for it.
I have no horse in this race, and I kinda like Rodgers. He’s kind of a reda$$ in the Jeff Kent mold. I liked him at Cal & I’d hoped the Niners would draft him over Alex Smith. 

But to this point, I’m a little sick of the drama. I kinda wish they’d deal him & get it over with, or acquiesce to whatever it is that would make him happy so I can stop reading about it.

That said, I like chaos. I’d actually love to see him retire or at least opt out of 2021, because the ensuing chaos in FF would be super entertaining. A zillion thought pieces would be written about the values of Aaron Jones, Davante Adams & every other Packers player who’s value is tied to the SS Rodgers. 

I’m not saying I wouldn’t feel bad for those team managers who’s assets would take a huge hit (or in Love shareholder’s cases, a boon) but it would undoubtedly be chaotic and amusing for those of Us not invested. And it might even create opportunity to buy low on guys like AJ Dillon or Adams or Jones. 

I don’t disagree with you that the NFL is better with ARod, but a disgruntled, warring with the team ARod has long since gotten stale for me. 

I have no horse in this race, and I kinda like Rodgers. He’s kind of a reda$$ in the Jeff Kent mold. I liked him at Cal & I’d hoped the Niners would draft him over Alex Smith.

***I like Rodgers a whole big bunch, too.

But to this point, I’m a little sick of the drama. I kinda wish they’d deal him & get it over with, or acquiesce to whatever it is that would make him happy so I can stop reading about it.

***Agree 100%

That said, I like chaos. I’d actually love to see him retire or at least opt out of 2021, because the ensuing chaos in FF would be super entertaining. A zillion thought pieces would be written about the values of Aaron Jones, Davante Adams & every other Packers player who’s value is tied to the SS Rodgers. 

***I primarily play National Contests for $$$. I hate chaos. With a passion. I appreciate your position, though, and if I was in a different situation, I'd likely feel the same.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t feel bad for those team managers who’s assets would take a huge hit (or in Love shareholder’s cases, a boon) but it would undoubtedly be chaotic and amusing for those of Us not invested. And it might even create opportunity to buy low on guys like AJ Dillon or Adams or Jones. 

I don’t disagree with you that the NFL is better with ARod, but a disgruntled, warring with the team ARod has long since gotten stale for me. 

***If a disgruntled, warring with the Team ARod results in him replicating the Season he had in 2020, I'd be ecstatic. 

Not really.  He’s an old guy.  Every year he sits out at this point is a wasted year of useful life. He doesn’t have an infinite time horizon.
a year off of "healing" isn't going to hurt him any.

this just buys him one extra legitimate threat, in which he surrunders absolutely zero $ back to the team

Not really.  He’s an old guy.  Every year he sits out at this point is a wasted year of useful life. He doesn’t have an infinite time horizon.
Who does that matter to, more? Rodgers, or the Packers?

In the world of professional sports, nothing matters more to a Team than wins, and Championships. The highest accolade an indvidual Player can earn is enshrinement in his sport's HOF. Rodgers is HOF bound already, whether he plays another snap, or not. I'm sure he'd like to win another Championship, or more...but he doesn't need to. Jordan Love, IMHO, isn't getting the Packers anywhere near a Championship, in the absence of Rodgers...and the Team isn't getting anywhere near a Championship (partly due to Rodgers existing or renegotiated Contract) in his absence, either, as they don't have the $ to fill the void - not to mention the gravitas; who's going to want to play there if a Player with the gravitas of Rodgers decides the right thing to do is sit out, or retire, rather than play under this regime? Seeds of doubt planted in the minds of Players and Agents...Teams competing for the services of said Players against the Packers will be only too happy to water and fertilize them any way they can.

Packers mgmt could have this all solved overnight. After a while, no one is going to remember this whole tiff...but an epic Season, a Playoff run, and a shot at the Lombardi? Fans will talk about that for years...and more importantly...buy things because of it.

Who does that matter to, more? Rodgers, or the Packers?

In the world of professional sports, nothing matters more to a Team than wins, and Championships. The highest accolade an indvidual Player can earn is enshrinement in his sport's HOF. Rodgers is HOF bound already, whether he plays another snap, or not. I'm sure he'd like to win another Championship, or more...but he doesn't need to. Jordan Love, IMHO, isn't getting the Packers anywhere near a Championship, in the absence of Rodgers...and the Team isn't getting anywhere near a Championship (partly due to Rodgers existing or renegotiated Contract) in his absence, either, as they don't have the $ to fill the void - not to mention the gravitas; who's going to want to play there if a Player with the gravitas of Rodgers decides the right thing to do is sit out, or retire, rather than play under this regime? Seeds of doubt planted in the minds of Players and Agents...Teams competing for the services of said Players against the Packers will be only too happy to water and fertilize them any way they can.

Packers mgmt could have this all solved overnight. After a while, no one is going to remember this whole tiff...but an epic Season, a Playoff run, and a shot at the Lombardi? Fans will talk about that for years...and more importantly...buy things because of it.
Rodgers wants another Super Bowl.  And he wants to build his legacy.  That doesn’t happen by sitting out a year.

Rodgers wants another Super Bowl.  And he wants to build his legacy.  That doesn’t happen by sitting out a year.
I really don't think Rodgers cares about this as much as we have been led to believe.... I remember a couple of times throughout his career he opted for a ton of $$$$ instead of allowing the franchise some breathing room to bring on more players... I remember this because I kept thinking he cared about legacy and would do what Brady was doing so that the team could bring championship calibur players there, but instead he asked for the biggest contracts of the time.  

I am not saying he should not have asked for the $$$$$$.  Any player's career can be over in the blink of an eye, but I find it odd that there is all this talk about him caring about legacy now, and the Packers organization not giving him help.  I just clearly remember him going for the huge payday when he had the opportunity for the team to bring more talent around 

Also **** the Packers and having two hall of fame QB's back to back... I hope they suck for a long time, and their fans suck too

a year off of "healing" isn't going to hurt him any.

this just buys him one extra legitimate threat, in which he surrunders absolutely zero $ back to the team
Sure it will.  Sitting out a year hurts him in every way possible.  This is just math.  His body has a limit, just like every other player.  At some age he won’t physically be able to do it anymore.   Every missed year is a wasted year.  

I'd rather have a crippled Peyton Manning behind a good defense than Aaron Rodgers and any defense he's had in the past 10 years.
there’s some irony to this example. one of the reasons Manning never won a SB until late in his career (with good defense behind him) was due to poor quality of defense in Indy. 

“During Manning's 13-year career, not once has he played on a team that had a top-15 rushing attack and defense in the same year. In fact, five times in Manning's career, the Colts have finished outside the top 15 in both categories.”

I would argue that some of ARod’s teams had better defenses than Indy during Manning’s career there. 

I might be inclined to suggest that Manning is a better example of why you need defense to win it all. 

So a good point, just not an entirely accurate one. 👍🏼

So statistics are easy to cherry-pick & accolades are easy arguments to make.

so how exactly do you evaluate a player? Tea leaves? Chicken bones? Their ability to play charades or caliber of wives/girlfriends? 

If I’m reading this correctly you’d take Rodgers over Peyton Manning in his prime, Marino, Elway, Montana, Young, etc but you would not base this on either statistics or accolades.

ooooooookay then.  :shock:
Just his innate ability to evaluate players, across generations, while assuming they all play under identical circumstances.  Quite a feat, actually.

Sure it will.  Sitting out a year hurts him in every way possible.  This is just math.  His body has a limit, just like every other player.  At some age he won’t physically be able to do it anymore.   Every missed year is a wasted year.  
Agreed... Reminds me somewhat of the raging Le'veon Bell debates of 2018.

I agree, but to me this points to a selfishness on Rodger’s part. Because he’s seemingly willing to waste that year for everyone on his team because he’s unhappy with something.

I get that he’s unhappy, but a lot of folks aren’t that happy in their jobs without tanking the company as a result. And GB handled most (all) of this horribly, but I find it hard to believe that they won’t be able to find a middle ground here.

if this does end with a missed still-capable ARod season, it’s a miserable failure of team management & Rodgers alike, and just a sad situation that, at least from an outside perspective, seems like it was entirely avoidable. 

if this does end with a missed still-capable ARod season, it’s a miserable failure of team management & Rodgers alike, and just a sad situation that, at least from an outside perspective, seems like it was entirely avoidable. 
A missed year is very bad for both sides, which is precisely the point of threatening to do it.

Aaron Rodgers is a prime example of why you need a defense. He's the best thrower ever but his playoff record blows.
Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 83.7 with 1,381 yards, 9 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 5 games in NFC championships in his career. 

Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 83.7 with 1,381 yards, 9 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 5 games in NFC championships in his career. 
While this may be true, it is misleading IMO.

His first 2 NFCCGs were in the 2010 and 2014 postseasons. He combined for 36/64 (56.3%), 422 passing yards (6.6 YPA), 1 passing TD (1.6%), and 4 interceptions (6.3%) with a 55.6 passer rating.

He obviously played poorly, but the team bailed him out in the 2010 NFCCG, and they went on to win the Super Bowl, and Rodgers played great in that game.

In the 2014 NFCCG, he played poorly but faced the historically great Seahawks defense on the road and still led a drive for a game tying FG with 14 seconds left. The Packers lost in OT by 6 points, never touching the ball on offense.

His next 3 NFCCGs were in the 2016, 2019, and 2020 postseasons. He combined for 91/132 (68.9%), 959 passing yards (7.3 YPA), 8 passing TDs (6.1%), and 4 interceptions (3.0%) with a 97.4 passer rating. The Packers lost by 23, 17, and 5 points, respectively.

He definitely could/should have played better in these games, but context matters.

Rodgers just went from a power position, to omnipotent w that new league ruling. 
It seems almost 100% irrelevant to me - different perspective I guess. Probably the first question you should ask yourself - what are the odds a report from Profootballtalk is accurate and not a spin designed to generate interest over a non-story?

Sign me up to waste a year & collect 18+ million dollars, please and thank you. 
He's already been paid almost all of that money, so the question is whether the Packers were planning to sue him to recover it back in the event of a holdout.  The answer to that question is almost certainly no.  The reason I say "almost" certainly is because I believe in life, very few things are certain.

He's already been paid almost all of that money, so the question is whether the Packers were planning to sue him to recover it back in the event of a holdout.  The answer to that question is almost certainly no.  The reason I say "almost" certainly is because I believe in life, very few things are certain.
All comes down to how badly it dissolves in my opinion. 

If Rodgers leaves them high and dry with Love/Bortles at QB, I could see them seeking retribution. 

I just heard on the radio yesterday that ARod was at the Bucks game, but they didn’t put him on the Jumbotron because they thought he’d get booed. That seems telling on how public perception is rolling here. 

what a mess. 

All comes down to how badly it dissolves in my opinion. 

If Rodgers leaves them high and dry with Love/Bortles at QB, I could see them seeking retribution. 

I just heard on the radio yesterday that ARod was at the Bucks game, but they didn’t put him on the Jumbotron because they thought he’d get booed. That seems telling on how public perception is rolling here. 

what a mess. 
I still believe its much less of a mess than the hype.  Its still June.  Rodgers seems to be enjoying himself, which is great to see.  He attributed his success last season to not having a preseason, as he said he felt much better all year.  And there's been a fantastic silver lining for the team in getting the backup some first team work - a guy who didn't get a preseason in his rookie year.  This report about the Covid opt-out option seems almost 100% meaningless to me in terms of leverage or influence on the contract situation.  Of course, the fact remains none of us have a seat at the table, and I guess it is possible these professionals are actually as stupid, petty and incompetent as the media is portraying them.  That narrative just strikes me as extremely unlikely when there is a more plausible common sense explanation.

I was actually mulling over Rodgers utilizing a Covid opt out as leverage a few weeks ago but was unclear at that time the details behind that this season. The fact the opt out period is so early this year, as opposed to not till early August last year, works against providing Rodgers leverage IMO. In other words I think it's to early for Rodgers to pull the plug on his season next week but if no resolution in their relationship is patched up in August after camps have opened that might have been something different.

In fact I would argue the early opt out period works against Rodgers because when he does not accept it that will be a tacit admission he's not ready to miss this season even if it had an avenue to do so that  limited his financial losses and that puts leverage back in the Packers hands.

I am not supremely confident this all works out and Rodgers is playing week one because he's a different kind of a guy and can be a very determined one but the fact he's avoided going slashed earth on the Packers front office and has been  very careful what he says publicly has just always seemed to me to indicate to me he's has no plans to shut the door on his return to Green Bay should that be his lone option this season.

I still believe its much less of a mess than the hype.  Its still June.  Rodgers seems to be enjoying himself, which is great to see.  He attributed his success last season to not having a preseason, as he said he felt much better all year.  And there's been a fantastic silver lining for the team in getting the backup some first team work - a guy who didn't get a preseason in his rookie year.  This report about the Covid opt-out option seems almost 100% meaningless to me in terms of leverage or influence on the contract situation.  Of course, the fact remains none of us have a seat at the table, and I guess it is possible these professionals are actually as stupid, petty and incompetent as the media is portraying them.  That narrative just strikes me as extremely unlikely when there is a more plausible common sense explanation.
Agree. I don't think the team has really mishandled this at all, to be honest. If he wants to play, that's great for them. If they want to trade him for a boat load of picks, they can. They haven't done anything wrong, and haven't said anything incendiary. As always, the media keeps trying to create more drama than actually exists. 

IheartGuinness said:
Agree. I don't think the team has really mishandled this at all, to be honest. If he wants to play, that's great for them. If they want to trade him for a boat load of picks, they can. They haven't done anything wrong, and haven't said anything incendiary. As always, the media keeps trying to create more drama than actually exists. 
Sure they have.  They shouldn't be in this position to begin with, period.

Their last ten drafts also say otherwise.  Along with their coaching decisions.

Ending up with one Superbowl behind a HOF QB like Rodgers all those years is a big fail, no question.  You can argue where blame should go exactly, fine, but saying they haven't done anything wrong is silly.  Just look where they are in all this.

IheartGuinness said:
Agree. I don't think the team has really mishandled this at all, to be honest. If he wants to play, that's great for them. If they want to trade him for a boat load of picks, they can.

But wouldn’t they have traded him for those boatload of picks prior to the 2021 draft?

Seems like if that were the case he would have been traded already. That would have maximized the value of the picks. Now they’d be trading him for 2022 or later draft picks. 
:confused:

Sure they have.  They shouldn't be in this position to begin with, period.

Their last ten drafts also say otherwise.  Along with their coaching decisions.

Ending up with one Superbowl behind a HOF QB like Rodgers all those years is a big fail, no question.  You can argue where blame should go exactly, fine, but saying they haven't done anything wrong is silly.  Just look where they are in all this.
Can you expand on this? Those drafts and coaching decisions have gotten them to the NFCCG on several occasions. And their roster this year is one of the more talented rosters in the NFC again, putting them in position to contend for the NFC title.

Can you expand on this? Those drafts and coaching decisions have gotten them to the NFCCG on several occasions. And their roster this year is one of the more talented rosters in the NFC again, putting them in position to contend for the NFC title.
The NFCCG???  Cry me a river.

The topic was seeing no wrongdoing by the Packers.  Please.  I can name that tune in two words.  JORDAN LOVE.

Although the judges will also accept these two:  ONE SUPERBOWL.

Ending up with one Superbowl behind a HOF QB like Rodgers all those years is a big fail, no question.  
This argument never had merit to me. Drew Brees is a Hall of Fame Quarterback, he'll only have one ring to show for it. Steve Young is already in the Hall of Fame and he technically has three rings, but he only started in one Super Bowl, and sat behind Montana in the others. Kurt Warner? Hall of Fame, one ring. Johnny Unitas? Hall of Fame, one ring. Len Dawson? Hall of Fame, one ring. 

Even look at Peyton's career. He won five NFL MVPs. And he only has two Super Bowl Rings to show for it, and his second ring came despite him, not because of him. He was injured that season and played like garbage in the Super Bowl, but it didn't matter because the Denver defense carried the team. 

This argument never had merit to me. Drew Brees is a Hall of Fame Quarterback, he'll only have one ring to show for it. Steve Young is already in the Hall of Fame and he technically has three rings, but he only started in one Super Bowl, and sat behind Montana in the others. Kurt Warner? Hall of Fame, one ring. Johnny Unitas? Hall of Fame, one ring. Len Dawson? Hall of Fame, one ring. 

Even look at Peyton's career. He won five NFL MVPs. And he only has two Super Bowl Rings to show for it, and his second ring came despite him, not because of him. He was injured that season and played like garbage in the Super Bowl, but it didn't matter because the Denver defense carried the team. 
The last 10 first round draft picks.  9 long years, followed by, of all things, a QB.  Hysterical.  A DECADE!

The last 10 first round draft picks.  9 long years, followed by, of all things, a QB.  Hysterical.  A DECADE!
This response is a total non sequitur. It has literally nothing to do with the excellent points that @IheartGuinness made, and comes off as changing the subject because you can’t admit that your point was overly simplistic and unnecessarily critical of the Packers, based on a strawman count the rings kind of argument. 

This response is a total non sequitur. It has literally nothing to do with the excellent points that @IheartGuinness made, and comes off as changing the subject because you can’t admit that your point was overly simplistic and unnecessarily critical of the Packers, based on a strawman count the rings kind of argument. 
Better management would never be in a position like this.

Better management would never be in a position like this.
“better management wouldn’t have built a team that won 1 super bowl and went to the playoffs 9 times in 11 years” is not the brilliant argument you seem to think it is, my dude. 

Honestly, it borders on the laughably absurd. 

For perspective, the Packers have made the playoffs 29 times in the last 61 seasons. 10 of those 29 (34%) were with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Let me rephrase that. In 51 seasons, the Packers made the playoffs 19x. In the next 12 seasons with Rodgers they’ve made the playoffs 10x (83%)

Just sayin. 

“better management wouldn’t have built a team that won 1 super bowl and went to the playoffs 9 times in 11 years” is not the brilliant argument you seem to think it is, my dude. 

For perspective, the Packers have made the playoffs 29 times in the last 61 seasons. 10 of those 29 (34%) were with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Let me rephrase that. In 51 seasons, the Packers made the playoffs 19x. In the next 12 seasons with Rodgers they’ve made the playoffs 10x (83%)

Just sayin. 
All irrelevant.  Talk about trying to twist and turn an argument around.  :lmao:

My point remains.  Horribly handled HOF QB by the Packers.

Just sayin. 
If you take out Rodgers, Favre and Starr, the number would be very low.

All irrelevant.  Talk about trying to twist and turn an argument around.  :lmao:

My point remains.  Horribly handled HOF QB by the Packers.
Claiming some sort of victory in a discussion where you haven’t pointed to a single thing to substantiate your point that the Packers “handled their HOF QB horribly” is next level weird. Repeating that they’ve “handled him horribly” doesn’t make it any more true simply through repetition, whether you’ve said it 1x or 20x. The only thing you’ve put forward as evidence is “1 super bowl” and as I & others have effectively explained, thats a terrible measure of success. 

As the old lady in the Geiko ads says, that’s not how any of this works. 

I don’t think the Packers management have handled *this* situation well, but that’s not wasting his career. That’s just silly when you actually, you know, look at his career.

The only other thing resembling a point was the statement that drafting Love was somehow hurtful. Except they drafted Rodgers when they had Favre, so....yeah. 

Claiming some sort of victory in a discussion where you haven’t pointed to a single thing to substantiate your point that the Packers “handled their HOF QB horribly” is next level weird. Repeating that they’ve “handled him horribly” doesn’t make it any more true simply through repetition, whether you’ve said it 1x or 20x. The only thing you’ve put forward as evidence is “1 super bowl” and as I & others have effectively explained, thats a terrible measure of success. 

As the old lady in the Geiko ads says, that’s not how any of this works. 

I don’t think the Packers management have handled *this* situation well, but that’s not wasting his career. That’s just silly when you actually, you know, look at his career.

The only other thing resembling a point was the statement that drafting Love was somehow hurtful. Except they drafted Rodgers when they had Favre, so....yeah. 
Talk about an understatement.  And you try and window dress it???  LOL

Feel free to leave Favre out of the current situation (along with your diversion propensity).  That is not a good argument for justifying the many missteps they've taken.

Talk about an understatement.  And you try and window dress it???  LOL

Feel free to leave Favre out of the current situation (along with your diversion propensity).  That is not a good argument for justifying the many missteps they've taken.
By all means - list them. Stop saying simple generalizations without backing them up. 

And my comment about favre was totally relevant. It’s a parallel. You pointed to drafting love as evidence that the Packers have badly mismanaged ARod’s career.  I simply pointed out that they did the exact same thing when they drafted ARod. The irony there is impossible to miss, yet here we are. 

Users who are viewing this thread