What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Babadook--new horror film (1 Viewer)

Courtjester

The Town Drunk
Just caught this last night. For the horror fans out there, this is a very, very good movie. Very unsettling and the acting in this is over the top. The little kid especially is amazing. To have a horror flick get 98% at RT is unbelievable. Not a hacker/slasher type movie just FYI.

They are actually going to make the pop-up book that is featured in the movie. You can pre-order it now for $80.00. I am actually thinking about getting it as a gift for my wife (of course it won't be here until June).

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaLnKNWC-U

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the voice of the creature saying ba ba ba dook.. dook.. dook as my phone ringtone just to mess with my wife.

it was a good build up ....i liked how it wasnt over the top trying to use standard scare tactics so many horror movies use ...did make you think at the end ...in the basement...real or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
it was a good build up ....i liked how it wasnt over the top trying to use standard scare tactics so many horror movies use ...did make you think at the end ...in the basement...real or not?
if the kid hadn't been dragged up the stairs by the invisible string and bashed around the room, I'd say not. Or was that purely in her imagination? Didn't come across that way.

meh...decent buildup but not a very good movie overall. Not very scary and the ending was silly.

Watched it last night. Enjoyed it. The kid is an amazing actor, no denying that. Very impressed by his performance.

The acting was fantastic.

I think it was all in the mom's imagination. The kid getting dragged upstairs was from her POV, just like all the other freaky stuff was.

Ive probably watched this 5 times and have fallen asleep after an hour or so...The mother's acting is solid, the kid's acting must be brilliant because he annoyed the heck out of me..im sure at some point ill see the ending

Users who are viewing this thread