What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 White Sox: BEEF! (1 Viewer)

Turned the game on last night to hear about issues in dug out find out this morning 31year old reliever Danny Farquhar suffered a brain hemorrhage is in stable yet critical condition. 

Jake Burger - 3B -  White Sox

White Sox third base prospect Jake Burger re-tore his left Achilles tendon while rehabbing at home in Arizona.

Burger initially ruptured the Achilles in late February at White Sox camp. He has undergone a second tendon repair surgery and is back to square one. It's been a rough 2018 so far for the 2017 first-round pick, who might not be ready for game action again until the middle of the 2019 season.

Source: Scott Merkin on Twitter

Dont they have an all star 1 bagger?  

Not sure he’ll get much of a return though 
He’s arguably the worst fielding 1B in the league and every contending team in the AL is already hiding some butcher at DH. I can’t see a market for the guy developing

Maybe Soria, maybe Frye. Otherwise, there’s really nothing to move. 

There must be something in the water, the Sox rookies haven’t fared very well the past couple years 

Very nice offseason...looks like poised to compete for division title with good balance of veterans and youth. Happy to have Luis Robert in fold and ready to go for full season as compared to the Kris Bryant method...and impending loss of Bryant by Cubs.

Pitching and defense. 3 GG caliber players, 2 excellent play calling catchers. Addition of two impact lefties to bullpen in Rodon since he is not stretched out and Bummer leaves White Sox in good place for a run especially if Keuchal returns as expected and remains in his form shown this year. Engel and Sanchez provide late inning defense and reserve strength. Interesting times...Go Sox.

I don't follow baseball much at all anymore but saw TONY FN LARUSSA was hired as White Sox manager. Didn't even know he was still alive TBH. Looks like he last coached a decade ago. Kudos to him for having the desire to want to travel day in/day out at 76 years old.

I don't follow baseball much at all anymore but saw TONY FN LARUSSA was hired as White Sox manager. Didn't even know he was still alive TBH. Looks like he last coached a decade ago. Kudos to him for having the desire to want to travel day in/day out at 76 years old.
The travel of a 162 game schedule is what Jim Leyland said exhausted him when he was in his late 60s.

Last edited by a moderator:
The travel of a 162 game schedule is what Jim Leyland said exhausted him when he was in his late 60s.
He can do it 🍺

At least he wasn’t sleeping at the wheel this time

this keeps getting better

James Fegan of The Athletic reports that Tony La Russa has a change of plea hearing scheduled for Dec. 21 in his DUI case.

La Russa initially submitted a not guilty plea stemming from a February 24 arrest in the Phoenix area in which he allegedly crashed his car into a curb before showing a BAC of .095. As a result, a pre-trial conference was scheduled for Dec. 28, but apparently there's been a change of plans. The White Sox said they were aware of the DUI charge prior to hiring La Russa and he's reportedly not in danger of losing his job despite receiving heavy criticism.
Still seems unreal he's gonna coach a baseball season at 76 even in non-COVID times.

I'll believe it when I see it. I just can't imagine him lasting a full season. Wouldn't be surprised either if he didn't coach a single game for the Sox in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread