What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (4 Viewers)

In these pass catching drills is where he makes his money.  If he shows really well in those, he'll be ahead of Guice for me.  

I missed part of the afternoon; how did he look in pass catching?

I'm pretty impressed with his numbers.

I think alot peope over reacted to chubbs last game vs bama where he went 18 carries for 25 yards for a 1.4 ypc....bama makes people look bad. Sony michel went 14 for 98...a stout 7.0 ypc vs bama makes people pay attention

I think alot peope over reacted to chubbs last game vs bama where he went 18 carries for 25 yards for a 1.4 ypc....bama makes people look bad. Sony michel went 14 for 98...a stout 7.0 ypc vs bama makes people pay attention
If Chubb is no good due to that game vs bama, then fournette and guice stink too 

Strangely people sometimes hold a couple bad games against top 10 defenses against guys like Chubb and Fournette but are completely willing to overlook a pretty good sized handful of bad games against much worse defenses from Barkley.

Last edited by a moderator:
An AFC director of college scouting said that Georgia RB Nick Chubb was "smart to go back to school because he got in better shape."

"I thought he was special before he tore up his knee. I don't see special anymore but I do see a solid runner," the scouting director said. NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares the 5-foot-11, 227-pound Chubb to Cowboys RB Alfred Morris and stamps him with a grade for Rounds 3-4. The Georgia standout was a shining performer at the NFL Scouting Combine, posting a composite athletic testing score in the 89th percentile of NFL running backs. 

Mar 15 - 3:59 PM

Source: NFL.com

Georgia RB Nick Chubb has visits with the Bucs and Falcons on his schedule.

This is on the heels of a visit with the Panthers. "They're showing me a lot of love," Chubb said of the Falcons. The Panthers and Bucs are more clear fits for the talented running back, as available carries don't exactly exist for the Falcons right now. Chubb likely ends the process as a second or third round pick.

Source: ESPN

Apr 2 - 9:47 AM

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Georgia RB Nick Chubb is the perfect fit for the Panthers.

Cosell bases it on Norv Turner's track record at the position. The Panthers have two third round picks, but to acquire Chubb a second-round selection might need to be used. The Panthers have said they want a hammer to complement Christian McCaffrey, and Chubb is outstanding on contact.

Source: Travis Hancock on Twitter 

Apr 19 - 8:57 AM

Raiders, Lions, Panthers, Bucs are the ideal spots IMO

maybe a few other places that are timeshare but dont quite suck, Miami, Philly, NYJ

Redskins maybe? I have to think they want a top 5 back - Barkley gone, Guice perhaps too rich at #13 unless they trade down, so I'm thinking Michel, Chubb or Johnson.

Pwingles said:
Raiders, Lions, Panthers, Bucs are the ideal spots IMO

maybe a few other places that are timeshare but dont quite suck, Miami, Philly, NYJ
Curious why you think that?  Abdullah and Blount and Riddick already there on a team that generally doesn't run much.

Yeah I don't agree with CAR being "ideal" either.  Ideal is going somewhere with at least a chance to get 3 down work.  Zero chance in CAR IMO

Curious why you think that?  Abdullah and Blount and Riddick already there on a team that generally doesn't run much.
Abdullah sucks. Blount is old and only useful very situationally. He would likely split time with Riddick. I think they have been searching for a guy to lean on in the run game for a long time. I like their offense, i dont personally think Chubb is useless on 3D, so I think it would be possible in a lot of scenarios for him to eat into some of Riddicks snaps when the situation is ambiguous for run or pass.

Yeah I don't agree with CAR being "ideal" either.  Ideal is going somewhere with at least a chance to get 3 down work.  Zero chance in CAR IMO
Maybe Ideal was too strong a word. I am not sold that Cam will continue to be option 1 in Gl situations for much longer. I also do not think that CMC is someone they should want to use as a work horse. He is much more valuable as someone they can utilize all over the field. Giving him 15+ carries along with his routes he runs would be poor use of his skills imo. Not saying he isnt a capable runner, just that he has so much more talent besides that.

Idk if there are too many places where he would reasonably get taken where 3 down work is a possibility. The teams that come to mind that need a solid potential work horse also still have situational COP or 3D backs,Washington,  NYG, NYJ, Miami (if youre low on Drake) come to mind.

As far as potential work horse stuff, maybe Indy, i guess Pitt if the Bell situation goes south

The ideal landing spot is Philly. They draft him early, he falls in rookie drafts because of Ajayi, and Ajayi is gone in 2019 or earlier. He'd be paired with a great young QB and a very good Offensive line.  I'd also be happy with him going to the Steelers in the 2nd if they think there's a 0% chance they resign Bell.

The ideal landing spot is Philly. They draft him early, he falls in rookie drafts because of Ajayi, and Ajayi is gone in 2019 or earlier. He'd be paired with a great young QB and a very good Offensive line.  I'd also be happy with him going to the Steelers in the 2nd if they think there's a 0% chance they resign Bell.
It has been my experience that fantasy owners quickly become aware of the other backs contract situation in scenario like that. I doubt it would make him slip.

I don't have much doubt the Lions plan to draft a RB to upgrade Abdullah, but I do have serious doubts it will make much difference for their run game. Cooter love's situational RB's which leads to telegraphing when they are going to run vs pass, they abandon the run on a regular basis for large chunks of games so much it would make Andy Reid blush (2nd to last in the league in rushing attempts), and their O'line while decent in pass blocking was one of the worst units in the league last year in run blocking (granted they had a lot of injuries, but most O'line's do during the course of a year.) From PFF's O'line rankings:

Detroit struggled on the ground and averaged 3.35 rushing yards, the fewest in the NFL. The Lions’ offensive line was also partially to be blamed for these issues, as Detroit running backs averaged just 0.96 yards before contact, the second-lowest average in the league. Furthermore, on outside zone runs – Detroit’s most frequently used run concept – the Lions averaged just 0.45 yards before contact, the sixth-lowest in the NFL.

Nelson @ #7

Chubb @ #38

Fantasy owners and Bucs' fans profit.
Think Nelson will be going to the Colts but man, Chubb available at #38 almost seems like a given if available.

RBs are going to be flying off the board the first half of the second round.

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn football that he believes Georgia RB Nick Chubb would have been the first running back selected if not for his knee injury.

"If he hadn’t had that knee he’d have been the first guy picked," the scout told McGinn. "He was good before he hurt that knee. Once a running back has an ACL, man, that’s tough." Another scout noted to McGinn that he showed "tremendous resiliency," and he was one of the stars of the NFL Scouting Combine. Where Chubb goes will depend on how confident a team is in the medical report, but it wouldn't shock us if he was off the board in the first 64 selections.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 23 - 10:27 PM

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller hears that Georgia RB Nick Chubb will be the first running back off the board on Friday.

That would mean Chubb goes ahead of several talented running backs still on the board, namely LSU's Derrius Guice. It appears teams feel like Chubb's health isn't as big of concern as some might have anticipated, and his ridiculous performance at the Scouting Combine likely had much to do with alleviating those fears. We could see a team like the Browns, Colts, Buccanneers or Broncos -- just to name a few -- who could look to select him near the top of the second round.

Source: Matt Miller on Twitter 

Apr 27 - 6:19 PM

Browns selected Georgia RB Nick Chubb with the No. 35 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Chubb (5’11/227) was a 2015 Heisman candidate before shredding his left PCL, MCL, and LCL six games in, only to make a stunningly quick recovery and play out his final two years, logging a 758/4,769/6.3/44 career rushing line with 31 receptions. Chubb broke tackles at one of the nation’s highest rates and showed high-end athleticism as this running back class’ No. 2 SPARQ athlete behind Saquon Barkley, running 4.52 with a springy 10-foot-8 broad jump at the Combine. On tape, Chubb reminds of Jonathan Stewart in his prime with flashes of Jamal Lewis. Chubb was pulled on passing downs at Georgia, however, a red flag for his three-down viability. The Browns signed Carlos Hyde and also roster Duke Johnson, so Chubb's early path to touches might be difficult.

Apr 27 - 7:20 PM

Anyone else experience their own Chubb when he was drafted to the browns?  Up and coming offense with playmakers.  Improving o line.  Great defense.   Haley.  I have the 1.3 pick in my rookie draft.  Sign me up.  I’ll take him over rashad penny based in situation.  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Chubb was my favorite RB in the class. I was hoping he'd go to a team like Indy or the Bucs, but no, the Browns. They have the talent to be an up and coming offense, I understand that. But it's the Browns. I have the 1.03 and I'll probably still take him, but I really wish he went to a different team purely because they seem cursed. 

Anyone else experience their own Chubb when he was drafted to the browns?  Up and coming offense with playmakers.  Improving o line.  Great defense.   Haley.  I have the 1.3 pick in my rookie draft.  Sign me up.  I’ll take him over rashad penny based in situation.  
Well this season he has Hyde to contend with, and if/when Hue gets fired Chubb may not have Haley as his OC next season.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Chubb was my favorite RB in the class. I was hoping he'd go to a team like Indy or the Bucs, but no, the Browns. They have the talent to be an up and coming offense, I understand that. But it's the Browns. I have the 1.03 and I'll probably still take him, but I really wish he went to a different team purely because they seem cursed. 
you will only have to wait a little while to see him on the field, hyde will be hurt soon

Something I didn't mention wherever else it was that I was ruminating on Chubb's chances this year...

His outlook for 2018 turns a lot rosier IF Tyrod can hold off Mayfield for a while (or, if Mayfield "fails to push Tyrod" for a while).

Mayfield is going to need his backfield to offer him a lot of help both in terms of pass outlets and blocking assistance.  He's a rookie QB, without great arm strength, without great escapability, and without a stalwart at LT.  Those things suggest to me very strongly that the Browns will be hesitant to put him out there very often with a back who's a net minus in the passing game.  And right now, Chubb is.

Tyrod has a lot more native escapability than Mayfield.  He can create time for plays to develop downfield, even when pressured, and isn't going to be as reliant on his backs to keep him alive in the pocket.  So they're more likely to excel on offense if they've got their best pure runner out there with him.  Now, I don't know that Chubb will be their best pure runner, because Hyde is no slouch (except healthwise), but if you believe in his talent on that front, you probably want Tyrod in command for as much of 2018 as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread