What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (1 Viewer)

there goes any chance I had at trading for him in my other dynasty. maybe in the offseason, but I doubt it. 

At least I have him in my other dynasty and keeper league. looks like the real deal

Nick Chubb rushed 20 times for 176 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 10 win over the Falcons, adding three receptions for 33 additional yards and a second score.

Chubb was already having a big game before he took a stretch zone handoff from the Browns' own eight-yard line midway through the third quarter. Chubb hit the hole, received some nice blocking from Antonio Callaway and then out-ran the Falcons' entire defense for a 92-yard score. Chubb has more than justified the Browns' decision to trade Carlos Hyde, averaging 102 yards rushing in four games since becoming starter. He is a big-play machine who can handle big workloads. Chubb will be an RB1 against the Bengals when the Browns come off bye in Week 12.

Nov 11 - 4:10 PM

Amazing game for Chubb and the entire Browns team today. That 92 yard run was amazing. He blew by the safety like he wasn't even there.

what an absolute stud.  He's everything I thought he would be  when I drafted him in dynasty and more.  Unreal how guys like ronald jones and rashaad penny went before him.  and, I would rank him higher than barkley, and maybe even kamara.  Chubb is in a similar situation as gurley.  Young, up and coming team, married to a great young QB., and he is getting heavy workloads .  Duke is great but chubb is still getting a few looks in the passing game each week.  Barkley is in a much more tenuous situation, and who is his QB?  His o line sucks.  Team sucks.  Kamara is great with brees, but brees will be gone soon .    

Drafted this guy as backup to Hyde but dropped him. Went off and someone else took him. Waited for them to drop him but Hyde got traded and lost my shot. 

Went back and traded both brees and Ingram for him and Alex Collins. Was a really tough trade for me to make but it looks like he might be every bit as good as I thought he’d be. Hopefully top 5 rest of the way. All aboard the Chubb train. Chubb chubb!

League winner in Championship week:

week 12 at  CIN  8th most points allowed to RBs (BEFORE today's Kamara/Ingram show)

13.  at   HOU   20th

14.  vs.  CAR   26th

15.  at   DEN  11th

16.  vs. CIN  again!!  

Soulfly3 said:
Nick Chubb. First player with 3 TD runs of 40+ in a single season since Adrian Peterson in 2015.

hmmmmmm ?
And he's had less than 100 carries  :shock:

------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, was good to see him score a TD on a screen play. If they get their screen game working well with Chubb, it could be very dangerous with his speed and ability to shed tackles.

"2. Nick Chubb totaled 155 yards after contact on Sunday. That’s more than any other running back totaled on the ground in general (not just after contact). This wasn’t just a one-week thing, either. For the season, he averages 5.3 yards after contact per attempt, which is 36% better than the next-closest running back. He also led all running backs this week in missed tackles forced on the ground (seven) and leads all running backs this season in missed tackles forced per attempt (27%). He currently sports an elusive rating of 137.2, which would be good for a new PFF-era record."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-stats-to-know-week-10-2018

I'm glad he's on my fantasy team.

I'm thinking of selling high  :bag:
I think everyone is a sell high candidate for the right price.  If you're in a dynasty league/keeper league, he's much more interesting.  

I had a friend inquire about him today and thought I was going to work my way into Melvin Gordon.  Then it turned into Chubb/OBJ for Gordon.

Must be nice to have Todd Gurley and Alvin Kamara as starters.
Not Gurley and Kamara, but Elliott and Ingram.  Between Chubb's bye and Ingram getting ATL W12 and TB W14, I might only use Chubb a few more games.

Was thinking of offering Chubb for Julio and Aaron Rodgers.

Chubb can be a very good pro starter, but Saquon is a HoF type of player.
while i (mostly) agree, it'll be interesting to see who ends up the better RUNNER over their careers.

What makes Quon so special is his elusiveness and pass catching ability...

To Date:

Quon - 111 carries / 4.7 ypc / 519 yds / 5tds

Chubb - 94 carries / 6.2ypc / 579 yds / 5tds

It's an ongoing conversation. Look at how LeVeon, Tomlinson, and Lynch started their careers vs. Doug Martin, Anthony Thomas, and Jeremy Hill. One season of production isn't going to provide us with conclusive answers. Now, I'm historically a Chubb supporter and I'm still an owner in dynasty and redraft. His speed at his size is unusual and his moves are better than advertised. I think he's a legit talent. I don't see him flaming out ala A-Train or Jeremy Hill. He may even be a Pro Bowl back if he stays healthy.

All the same, I view Saquon as a supernova type of talent. The kind of back you see once or twice per decade. Even if he's statistically worse than Chubb right now, there's no part of me that believes Chubb is the better back (and I do like Chubb). It's just that there's no more convenient time to hype a player than after the longest run of his career. It's like trying to have a reasonable conversation about Doug Martin after "that" Raiders game in his rookie season. Everyone is on cloud nine.

Big weeks come and go, and in the end it's about who can consistently deliver special moments. I happen to like both of those guys, but for me Chubb is a standout/Pro Bowl type of player, whereas Saquon is a generational/HoF type of player.

Must be nice to have Todd Gurley and Alvin Kamara as starters.
To be fair, Chubb was a late pick, or waiver pickup in most leagues. I've got M.Gordon, A.Jones, and David Johnson as my other backs, so I'm not sure how often I'll use Chubb. That said, I'm wanting a ton in return, so its likely he's borderline untouchable.

there's no more convenient time to hype a player than after the longest run of his career
sure, it was mezmerizing. 

but lest we forget he had 2 more carries that went for 40+yd TDs already this season. 

argument: Doug Martin did too in 2012 (I believe it was). But Doug Martin wasn't on Chubb's level out of college. Chubb was Barkley pre-injury, and is basically looking 100% again

Users who are viewing this thread