What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

ahartig said:
Curious as to what anyone has gotten or been offered for Chubb in redraft leagues. I offered Chubb for Diggs, and Am awaiting a response
I have Diggs in one league and I don’t think I would do that deal and I am hurting at RB. 6 weeks of no production at a minimum would be hard to handle. Then the worry that he doesn’t come back at full strength or Hunt has taken over. But I am 2-2. I might think differently if I was 4-0 and able to take the gamble. 

I have Diggs in one league and I don’t think I would do that deal and I am hurting at RB. 6 weeks of no production at a minimum would be hard to handle. Then the worry that he doesn’t come back at full strength or Hunt has taken over. But I am 2-2. I might think differently if I was 4-0 and able to take the gamble. 
I think there is almost a zero percent chance of that. Chubb is leading the NFL in rushing yards since he became the starter in 2018, and is doing it at an over 5 YPC clip, and was almost at 6 YPC this season. Chubb's role is safe as can be, as the best rusher in the NFL. Hunt owners have themselves an RB1 for a few weeks, but he's not going to steal the starting job, any more than Mike Davis is in Carolina.

I think there is almost a zero percent chance of that. Chubb is leading the NFL in rushing yards since he became the starter in 2018, and is doing it at an over 5 YPC clip, and was almost at 6 YPC this season. Chubb's role is safe as can be, as the best rusher in the NFL. Hunt owners have themselves an RB1 for a few weeks, but he's not going to steal the starting job, any more than Mike Davis is in Carolina.
Maybe but someone coming off a 6 week injury is not guaranteed to be the same person as before the injury. It can take time. See Sequan last year. 

The gap between Mike Davis and Hunt is a pretty large one.  Remember Hunt was a top rb before off field issues got him kicked from KC, he's got a real shot to come in and go crazy behind the revived cle line to the point where he looks better than chubb has this season.  If cle looks like they're going to contend its possible the coaching staff puts Chubb in bubble wrap until the playoffs while Hunt excells as their lead back.

That last line is laughable.

I can tell from a lot of your posts you are pretty high on Chubb and dismissive of Hunt and I feel like you are half right.

Hunt's a NFL rushing champion, averaging 4.7 a career carry and 5.5 this year as well and is way better then Chubb in pass protection as a receiver. 

I've give Chubb the nod as the better runner by a little, I'd give Hunt the nod as more versatile three down back by a lot. And in fantasy they are pretty close, since Hunt was active Chubb leads him by about a point a game in PPR.  You trying to present this like Hunt needed Chubb to go down to have value or that a big discrepancy exists between the two is off base.

Someone dropped Chubb during waivers in my 10 team league this week and I picked him up.
Someone dropped him in my 16 teamer. I already had Hunt. It was a no brainer to snatch him up. But this person has no RBs, and I was offering them 2 top 12 RBs Russ. And they cut Chubb for Dare....

I can tell from a lot of your posts you are pretty high on Chubb and dismissive of Hunt and I feel like you are half right.

Hunt's a NFL rushing champion, averaging 4.7 a career carry and 5.5 this year as well and is way better then Chubb in pass protection as a receiver. 

I've give Chubb the nod as the better runner by a little, I'd give Hunt the nod as more versatile three down back by a lot. And in fantasy they are pretty close, since Hunt was active Chubb leads him by about a point a game in PPR.  You trying to present this like Hunt needed Chubb to go down to have value or that a big discrepancy exists between the two is off base.
Exactly.  Both are plenty capable of being a feature back.

I’d agree with the point that Hunt won’t take that role when Chubb returns, but the reason is simply that “feature back” isn’t a role on the Cleveland Browns this year when they have both guys healthy.

It isn’t a role on as many teams this year as it was last year, and the same trend has been and will continue until the sort of RB division of labor you see in Cleveland, Baltimore and so many other teams stops helping those teams win football games.

And I’m not sure that will ever happen.  

So while fans and some sports media personalities may be stuck in the “who’s THE guy” mentality at RB we’ll eventually have to let that go.

I’d agree with the point that Hunt won’t take that role when Chubb returns, but the reason is simply that “feature back” isn’t a role on the Cleveland Browns this year when they have both guys healthy.
Feel the same and my post was not trying to be anti-Chubb or argue Hunt could be the feature guy, but it was to in response to me not feeling like Hunt was getting his proper respect. Just feel like they are both elite RB's and I don't throw that word around lightly.

That last line wasn't meant to be a knock on Hunt, I just meant that no matter how well Hunt plays, he's not about to leave Chubb behind, just like even though Mike Davis has been a great fill in, he's obviously not about to make CMC a backup.

I'm not dismissive of Hunt's talent. I have said in either this thread, or the perhaps the Hunt one, that Hunt is a great RB. He's a pro bowl level guy, but he's not on Chubb's level. I think from an NFL standpoint, Chubb is the 2nd best overall RB in the NFL after CMC, and is the very best rusher in the NFL. Chubb is a pretty good pass blocker and receiver in his own right, not on Hunt's level(much like Hunt isn't as good of a runner) but that gets sort of swept under the rug. 

I've been talking more about NFL talent, and how/why Chubb is a better football player. I've never said Hunt needed a Chubb injury to have value, he just did to be an RB1. 

In dynasty I see very few scenarios where I would trade Chubb away at deflated prices. If you are rebuilding you are not competing this season anyway. If you are contending and lacking depth I see it but I would still not sell for peanuts. Absolutely love watching him play, he is a beast. He has performed in bad situations and is now on a Stefanski team which runs all day. Yes, he shares touches with Hunt, and there is risk Hunt will be the lead dog and it might take him some time to heal up. I still see it as a 1a/1b situation come playoff time where you will probably be able to sell him for more if you are out of it.

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said RB Nick Chubb (knee) could return after the team's Week 9 bye. 

Kareem Hunt will again function as the team's workhorse this week against the Raiders with Chubb on IR. Stefanski had reservations about saying Chubb will be back in uniform in two weeks, adding that he was on schedule in his recovery from an MCL injury. Chubb drafters will have to figure out a way to fill in for the running back until at least mid-November. 

RELATED: 

Kareem Hunt

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Browns RB Nick Chubb (knee) is expected back at practice this week and the team is "hopeful" that he plays in Week 10.

The Browns have been using Kareem Hunt in the Chubb role but that could soon come to an end. Cleveland is on bye this week and faces the Houston defense next week. Chubb will return to a great matchup if he can take the field in Week 10. If he gets his full workload upon returning, Chubb will be an RB1 once again but the lack of receiving volume will always make him more fragile than other elite backs. Hunt was used extensively as a pass-catcher before Chubb went down with an MCL injury. He'll slot in as a solid RB2 option because of his pass-catching upside and Cleveland's run-heavy approach.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 8, 2020, 10:09 AM ET

Browns RB Nick Chubb (knee) will practice this week. 

Chubb injured his MCL in Week 4 against Dallas. His practice participation this week will determine whether he gets the green light for Week 10 against the Texans and their abysmal run defense. Kareem Hunt took over as the team's primary back, taking 66 percent of the rushing attempts from Week 5-8. Hunt's run as the Browns' workhorse was a letdown: he averaged 3.9 yards per carry and notched a meager 12.4 half PPR points per game, slightly more than David Montgomery. Hunt could slip back into a RB1-B role if Hunt is back this week. 

RELATED: 

Kareem Hunt

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter 

Nov 9, 2020, 12:59 PM ET

Assuming Chubb is back, I think its fair to expect the Browns to resume the rotation they had pre-injury. With Chubb likely seeing double Hunt's carries, and Hunt playing on 3rd downs. With the Texans on deck, I'd consider Chubb a top-10 RB this week, if he's back.

Strangely enough, Hunt was a better fantasy play with Chubb than without.
Makes some sense. Chubb wore down defenses and Hunt took advantage. Also, Teller was healthy for those first few games, and has missed the last couple.

Kind of expecting Hunt and Chubb to be on the field together a lot down the stretch, with Hunt maybe seeing a decent amount of WR snaps in Beckham's absence.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Nick Chubb (knee) is "progressing" and expects to know his status Friday. 

Chubb is practicing Wednesday for the first time since going on IR. He's been targeting a return coming off Cleveland's bye. After missing the last five games, Chubb looks on track to return Sunday. The Browns seem likely to use Chubb in an even timeshare with Kareem Hunt in his first game back.

SOURCE: ESPN

Nov 11, 2020, 11:35 AM ET

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Nick Chubb's (knee) status for Week 10 will be determined once he meets with the team's doctors.

Chubb wasn't on Cleveland's final injury report because he has yet to be activated from injured reserve. Stefanski will huddle with both Chubb and the team's medical staff before clearing the 24-year-old on Sunday. If available, Chubb would slide back in as a top-12 option immediately against a Texans front-seven permitting the third-most fantasy points per game to opposing running backs.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Nov 13, 2020, 4:31 PM ET

Based on the article i posted it sounds like he is 100%. I would be pretty surprised if he was active and didn’t get his normal workload. 

I'm gun shy because they said the same thing about Goedert his first week back.  
I dunno. I wouldn’t compare the two. If you have him he is active and I don’t see how you sit him unless there are reports early Sunday that he will be given a lighter load. 

I am extremely nervous about starting him.  I worry about that first game back not getting a full workload.  It wouldn't surprise me if he gets 20+ or 5-.  
Browns' Nick Chubb: Status for Week 10 still TBD By RotoWire Staff  17 hrs ago 1 min read

Coach Kevin Stefanski said Friday that he'll wait until meeting with Cleveland's medical staff to decide whether Chubb (knee) will play against the Texans on Sunday, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

Stefanski added that Chubb, who shed his right knee brace Thursday and participated in all individual drills, has hit all necessary milestones and avoided any setbacks. The Browns still could opt to take a cautious approach to Chubb's recovery and allow him another week of rest, but the 24-year-old's chances of returning Sunday at least look encouraging. In order for Chubb to be available against the Texans, the Browns would need to officially add him to the 53-man roster by Saturday afternoon....
First see if they officially add him to the 53 and then wait to see if he plays and then I would not expect a full load.

I think it is reasonable to expect that Hunt will take the full load and 'if Chubb plays' he'll take part-time duty.

Browns' Nick Chubb: Status for Week 10 still TBD By RotoWire Staff  17 hrs ago 1 min read

First see if they officially add him to the 53 and then wait to see if he plays and then I would not expect a full load.

I think it is reasonable to expect that Hunt will take the full load and 'if Chubb plays' he'll take part-time duty.
This makes sense.  First game back is always a crapshoot.  I just want him to get that first game out of the way so I hope he is added to the roster.  Then will flip a coin as far as whether to play him.

This makes sense.  First game back is always a crapshoot.  I just want him to get that first game out of the way so I hope he is added to the roster.  Then will flip a coin as far as whether to play him.
If he is active...I am playing him.  Beats hoping RoJo doesn't fumble or Moss gets a TD to make his day worth it while splitting carries with Singletary.  (and I may still rely on one of those guys to flex).

why would the Browns risk him if he wasnt ready? of all weeks, against a mediocre playing opponent?
I think you answered your own question. It is a mediocre opponent. Let him get some play so he gets back up to game speed and is ready for when they really need him. 

Nick Chubb rushed 19 times for 126 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 10 win over the Texans. 

Active for the first time since Week 4 after a lengthy stint on injured reserve with a knee issue, Chubb was held without a catch on one target. FOX color analyst Matt Millen kept talking up Kareem Hunt as the more decisive, quicker back today, but it was still Chubb who emerged victorious in awful weather conditions. Of course, Hunt did hold the production advantage until the Browns' final non-kneeldown snap, where Chubb was free for a 60-yard touchdown ... until he went out of bounds at the one-yard line to ice the game and clock with 0:53 remaining. An absolutely brutal development for fantasy managers was a smart real life decision. The touchdown that Chubb did score was a nine-yarder where he cut back across the entire defense. As Millen fixated on, Chubb certainly appeared rusty, but he did seem healthy. With his sea legs back underneath him, he will remain a clear-cut, high-end RB1 for Week 11 against the Eagles. 

- Rotoworld
We ever getting a thread rename @EBF?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that didn't watch he had a 2nd TD in the books, but ran out of bounds on purpose at the 1 yd line to be able to kneel the game away with time remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread