What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

timschochet's thread- Mods, please move this thread to the Politics Subforum, thank you (1 Viewer)

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya. And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', the ocean turns red, and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces 

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya. And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', the ocean turns red, and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces 
Wrong forum...

6. Jaws (1975)

Directed by: Steven Spielberg

Starring: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss

The final 6 films on my list have all been seen by so many people, and written about at length by critics and Hollywood fans alike, that it's almost an insult to them for me to describe them or to explain why they are such great and entertaining films. Instead, for each of these I'll just offer some random thoughts: 

1. This is really two movies. In the first movie, the heroes (Brody and Hooper) face the beach threat of a shark, and a villain, Mayor Vaughn (Murray Hamilton). The second movie, which is the one most fans concentrate on, is the story of 3 men (Quint, Hooper, and Brody) on a small boat trying to kill a great white shark. The first movie has a theme that is very familiar to the filmmaking of the 1970s- man gets greedy with nature and disaster ensues. Two famous examples (among many) are The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure. In each of these movies, and in Jaws, businessmen are too eager to make money and something terrible happens that could easily have been prevented. The message is don't screw with Mother Nature! But, of course, there is a difference in this movie: in the other two I mentioned, once the disaster happens, the films focus on surviving the disaster. In this movie, the heroes seek to kill the source of the disaster. They decide, in essence, to screw with mother nature after all. 

2. The book that this movie is based on, by Peter Benchley, is just awful. I do not understand why so many people seem to love this book, it is nothing like the movie. It's unexciting and dully written. Brody's wife Ellen has an affair with Hooper (thankfully the film omitted this nonsense.) 

3. Robert Shaw's screen presence is actually quite limited. In the first half he only appears in one (very memorable) scene. He stars in the second half, but it's of shorter length. Even so, he offers one of the all-time great performances. Scheider and Dreyfuss are better for playing off of him. Actually, the tension, camaraderie, and humor between these three men might be the best ever in movies for a threesome. 

4. I first saw this movie at age 10 in the theater. My folks would not take me; my brother who was older went with a friend and snuck me in. For some reason the first 3 quarters of the film didn't scare me, even the scene early on when the head pops out. But when the engine of the boat dies, and they start to build the shark cage- then I was scared. I still believe that it was the most scared I've even been watching a movie. Even now, watching it, knowing how it's all going to come out, it's still very suspenseful and unnerving. 

5. All of the top 6 films on my list have great, memorable music attached to them. These movies would simply not be the same without the music, which is an integral part of the filmmaking. In this case John Williams may have given us his greatest score, as he almost effortlessly captures the fear, speed, and suspense of the great white shark. 

Up next: This is for Allah. And it's goin' way out there, sucka.
This is the best movie ever.

6. Jaws (1975)

Starring: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss

The final 6 films on my list have all been seen by so many people, and written about at length by critics and Hollywood fans alike, that it's almost an insult to them for me to describe them or to explain why they are such great and entertaining films. Instead, for each of these I'll just offer some random thoughts: 

1. This is really two movies. In the first movie, the heroes (Brody and Hooper) face the beach threat of a shark, and a villain, Mayor Vaughn (Murray Hamilton). The second movie, which is the one most fans concentrate on, is the story of 3 men (Quint, Hooper, and Brody) on a small boat trying to kill a great white shark. The first movie has a theme that is very familiar to the filmmaking of the 1970s- man gets greedy with nature and disaster ensues. Two famous examples (among many) are The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure. In each of these movies, and in Jaws, businessmen are too eager to make money and something terrible happens that could easily have been prevented. The message is don't screw with Mother Nature! But, of course, there is a difference in this movie: in the other two I mentioned, once the disaster happens, the films focus on surviving the disaster. In this movie, the heroes seek to kill the source of the disaster. They decide, in essence, to screw with mother nature after all. 

2. The book that this movie is based on, by Peter Benchley, is just awful. I do not understand why so many people seem to love this book, it is nothing like the movie. It's unexciting and dully written. Brody's wife Ellen has an affair with Hooper (thankfully the film omitted this nonsense.) 

3. Robert Shaw's screen presence is actually quite limited. In the first half he only appears in one (very memorable) scene. He stars in the second half, but it's of shorter length. Even so, he offers one of the all-time great performances. Scheider and Dreyfuss are better for playing off of him. Actually, the tension, camaraderie, and humor between these three men might be the best ever in movies for a threesome. 

4. I first saw this movie at age 10 in the theater. My folks would not take me; my brother who was older went with a friend and snuck me in. For some reason the first 3 quarters of the film didn't scare me, even the scene early on when the head pops out. But when the engine of the boat dies, and they start to build the shark cage- then I was scared. I still believe that it was the most scared I've even been watching a movie. Even now, watching it, knowing how it's all going to come out, it's still very suspenseful and unnerving. 

5. All of the top 6 films on my list have great, memorable music attached to them. These movies would simply not be the same without the music, which is an integral part of the filmmaking. In this case John Williams may have given us his greatest score, as he almost effortlessly captures the fear, speed, and suspense of the great white shark. 

Up next: This is for Allah. And it's goin' way out there, sucka.
Oh and yes, the book is terrible.

Just watched a doc about the USS Indianapolis and all I could picture was that scene with Quint.  What an amazing scene.

11. Inglorious Basterds (2009)

Directed by: Quentin Tarantino

Starring: Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Melanie Laurent

Just a fantastic, entertaining film in so many ways. There are a number of great Hollywood WWII movies that I love but was forced to leave off my list, including, in no particular order, The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen, The Guns of Navarone, The Eagle Has Landed, Where Eagles Dare, Stalag 17. Tarantino borrows from all of these and from numerous other sources as well in order to tell his fantasy story about killing Hitler. And that's awesome, because everything works in this movie: the tension, suspense, humor, acting, directing, is all top notch. 

Christoph Waltz has the role of a lifetime here, for which he'll no doubt always be remembered. Brad Pitt is fine in a caricature role. Michael Fassbinder is only on screen for a few minutes but is extremely memorable, as is Eli Roth. And then there's Til Schweiger, so ####### awesome. I'm going to have to watch this movie again. So great. 

Up next: I'm going to be a great film star! That is, if booze and sex don't get me first.
My favorite Tarantino film, with Jackie Brown a close second.

5. The Bad News Bears (1976)

Directed by: Michael Ritchie

Starring: Walter Matthau, Tatum O'Neal, Vic Morrow

The greatest sports movie of all time. The greatest movie about kids of all time. Near perfect from beginning to end. 

If it's at all dated, it's only because we're probably stricter as as a society now than we were in the 1970s. At the end of the movie Buttermaker gives beer to all the kids, and this would never happen today of course. I imagine the cursing would also be strictly prohibited (this might have happened with the recent remake,  I haven't dared watch that.) But even so the relationships between the kids and Matthau are timeless and unforgettable. And one of the best aspects of this film is that they lose the game at the end. That makes it into a much better film than if they had won (we would have missed out on Tanner's epic closing line as well, one of the greatest lines in movie history.) That's also what ruined the sequels- this team is not supposed to win. 

I mentioned in my review of Jaws that my top 6 films all had great music. This one is particularly brilliant, because Ritchie (I assume it was the director) realized how apt it would be to use the score of Carmen, with it's unforgettable moments of tragedy and soaring triumph, to illustrate the joys and hurts of little league baseball. Again, every bit of this music is used perfectly in this film, and it simply would not be the same movie without it. 

Tatum O' Neal is at her best here and also in the delightful Paper Moon, as the spunky cynical young girl with the heart of gold inside down deep. Walter Matthau, Vic Morrow, and particularly Joyce Van Patton were never better, and Jackie Earle Haley, a strange dude, at his most effective. All the kids were great, especially Tanner, Ogilvie, Engelberg, and Lupus. Oh, and Joey Turner, who wouldn't give up the ball. 

This movie could easily be my #1 favorite. Some days, often, it is. 

Up next: What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?

5. The Bad News Bears (1976)

Directed by: Michael Ritchie

Starring: Walter Matthau, Tatum O'Neal, Vic Morrow

The greatest sports movie of all time. The greatest movie about kids of all time. Near perfect from beginning to end. 

If it's at all dated, it's only because we're probably stricter as as a society now than we were in the 1970s. At the end of the movie Buttermaker gives beer to all the kids, and this would never happen today of course. I imagine the cursing would also be strictly prohibited (this might have happened with the recent remake,  I haven't dared watch that.) But even so the relationships between the kids and Matthau are timeless and unforgettable. And one of the best aspects of this film is that they lose the game at the end. That makes it into a much better film than if they had won (we would have missed out on Tanner's epic closing line as well, one of the greatest lines in movie history.) That's also what ruined the sequels- this team is not supposed to win. 

I mentioned in my review of Jaws that my top 6 films all had great music. This one is particularly brilliant, because Ritchie (I assume it was the director) realized how apt it would be to use the score of Carmen, with it's unforgettable moments of tragedy and soaring triumph, to illustrate the joys and hurts of little league baseball. Again, every bit of this music is used perfectly in this film, and it simply would not be the same movie without it. 

Tatum O' Neal is at her best here and also in the delightful Paper Moon, as the spunky cynical young girl with the heart of gold inside down deep. Walter Matthau, Vic Morrow, and particularly Joyce Van Patton were never better, and Jackie Earle Haley, a strange dude, at his most effective. All the kids were great, especially Tanner, Ogilvie, Engelberg, and Lupus. Oh, and Joey Turner, who wouldn't give up the ball. 

This movie could easily be my #1 favorite. Some days, often, it is. 

Up next: What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?

Hey Yankees... you can take your apology and your trophy and shove 'em straight up your a$$!

4. The Sting (1973)

Directed by: George Roy Hill

Starring: Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Robert Shaw

You have to watch this film carefully, or you miss stuff. Actually I've seen it over a dozen times, and I think I see something new each time. No matter how many times I watch it, the cons are still great. This is a tremendously satisfying movie to experience, and there are 3 great "con" scenes: the first is at the beginning of the film, when Shaw's henchman is in the back of the taxi, gloating about how much money he's just taken, only to open up his wallet and discover it full of tissue paper. The second scene, and possibly my favorite single moment in all of movies, is when Paul Newman reveals 4 Jacks, to the astonishment of Shaw and his associate. And finally, of course, near the end of the movie as Shaw is dragged out of the fake gambling house by Charles Durning, having lost $500,000 to the grifters, and Redford wipes the blood off his face and sports a big grin. Does moviemaking get much better than this? I think not.

If The Bad News Bears brilliantly uses Bizet's Carmen, then The Sting's use of Scott Joplin's ragtime classic tunes is even more brilliant. Of course, Joplin's music was written for a different era, around three decades prior to when this movie takes place, and thus it's use is decidedly anachronistic- and yet it absolutely works somehow to express the Great Depression as well as the grifting that is at the center of this film. Like millions of other people who grew up in the 70s, I was first exposed to Joplin thanks to this movie and it's soundtrack- "The Entertainer" was the first piano lesson I ever received, while "Solace" remains one of my all time favorite pieces of music. (I only learned years later that the "Solace" that is played in the movie, as beautiful as it is, is only the second half of a larger piece of music, which is absolutely worth listening to in case you haven't done so.) 

Up next: What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again.

4. The Sting (1973)

You have to watch this film carefully, or you miss stuff. Actually I've seen it over a dozen times, and I think I see something new each time. No matter how many times I watch it, the cons are still great. This is a tremendously satisfying movie to experience, and there are 3 great "con" scenes: the first is at the beginning of the film, when Shaw's henchman is in the back of the taxi, gloating about how much money he's just taken, only to open up his wallet and discover it full of tissue paper. The second scene, and possibly my favorite single moment in all of movies, is when Paul Newman reveals 4 Jacks, to the astonishment of Shaw and his associate. And finally, of course, near the end of the movie as Shaw is dragged out of the fake gambling house by Charles Durning, having lost $500,000 to the grifters, and Redford wipes the blood off his face and sports a big grin. Does moviemaking get much better than this? I think not.

If The Bad News Bears brilliantly uses Bizet's Carmen, then The Sting's use of Scott Joplin's ragtime classic tunes is even more brilliant. Of course, Joplin's music was written for a different era, around three decades prior to when this movie takes place, and thus it's use is decidedly anachronistic- and yet it absolutely works somehow to express the Great Depression as well as the grifting that is at the center of this film. Like millions of other people who grew up in the 70s, I was first exposed to Joplin thanks to this movie and it's soundtrack- "The Entertainer" was the first piano lesson I ever received, while "Solace" remains one of my all time favorite pieces of music. (I only learned years later that the "Solace" that is played in the movie, as beautiful as it is, is only the second half of a larger piece of music, which is absolutely worth listening to in case you haven't done so.) 
Love this film.

I saw it in the theater with a friend during its first run when I was 11 and we both thought it was the coolest thing ever. Caught it again about a week ago, and still think it's very good. 

That cast was loaded - Newman, Redford, Brennan, Shaw, Durning, Gould, Walston, plus about a million "oh - I remember that guy!"s from 60s/70s cinema. 

timschochet said:
4. The Sting (1973)

Love this film. From imdb:

"When George Roy Hill first approached composer Marvin Hamlisch to adapt Scott Joplin's music for the score, Hamlisch was reluctant. He was a composer of original music, after all, and not in the habit of adapting other musicians' work. "I agreed to see a first cut in the screening room," said Hamlisch in his 1992 autobiography The Way I Was. "I quickly realized that this was one of the best pictures I had seen in years...David Ward had written a witty, stylish script, George Roy Hill had directed it faultlessly, and Newman and Redford were the best screen couple in years...One of the things that drew me to The Sting was that George had been shrewd enough to leave little oases without dialogue for the music. He built montages and sequences into the picture for this purpose. Whenever I see patches in a film that are talkless, I'm in heaven." Hamlisch agreed to take on the job."

3. Boogie Nights (1997)

Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson

Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds

This movie has possibly more great and memorable scenes than any other I can remember. Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1. Dirk's time at the recording studio, and Reed's insistence that they need the recordings because it's an obvious hit- rivalling perhaps only This Is Spinal Tap in utter hilarity.

2. Scotty's scene alone in his car after he tried to kiss Dirk - "I'm a ####### idiot".

3. The initial pool sequence as the camera pans from guest to guest.

4. The initial sequence of the film as the soundtrack (remarkable) begins with the Emotions "Best of My Love".

5. Amber's court scene, and her crying afterwards.

6. Jack and Rollergirl attack Rollergirl's old schoolmate. This scene is particularly brutal, with tremendous acting. The anger, the sheer rage on the faces of Burt Reynolds and Heather Graham is palpable.

7. Dirk's changes in attitude and expression as he collects award after award- his transformation from newcomer to star.

8. Amber and Rollergirl doing coke and Rollergirl asks Amber to be her mother. Both pathetic, tragic, and deeply moving.

9. All scenes involving Don Cheadle, particularly at the bank, and at the donut shop.

10. And of course, the sequence in which Dirk, Reed, and Todd attempt to scam the drug dealer. Thomas Jane, who plays Todd, does an amazing acting job with a small amount of time on screen here. Again, the soundtrack is awesomely selected, with the music adding to the tension of the scene (especially "Sister Christian" and "Jessie's Girl".) The camera work focusing on Dirk's face is great- where is he, and how did he get here?

There's a lot I'm leaving out of course. Such an incredible, memorable film.

Up next: My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for.

Rollergirl...................................................................................................................................................................................i'm out.

3. Boogie Nights (1997)

Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson

Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds

This movie has possibly more great and memorable scenes than any other I can remember. Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1. Dirk's time at the recording studio, and Reed's insistence that they need the recordings because it's an obvious hit- rivalling perhaps only This Is Spinal Tap in utter hilarity.

2. Scotty's scene alone in his car after he tried to kiss Dirk - "I'm a ####### idiot".

3. The initial pool sequence as the camera pans from guest to guest.

4. The initial sequence of the film as the soundtrack (remarkable) begins with the Emotions "Best of My Love".

5. Amber's court scene, and her crying afterwards.

6. Jack and Rollergirl attack Rollergirl's old schoolmate. This scene is particularly brutal, with tremendous acting. The anger, the sheer rage on the faces of Burt Reynolds and Heather Graham is palpable.

7. Dirk's changes in attitude and expression as he collects award after award- his transformation from newcomer to star.

8. Amber and Rollergirl doing coke and Rollergirl asks Amber to be her mother. Both pathetic, tragic, and deeply moving.

9. All scenes involving Don Cheadle, particularly at the bank, and at the donut shop.

10. And of course, the sequence in which Dirk, Reed, and Todd attempt to scam the drug dealer. Thomas Jane, who plays Todd, does an amazing acting job with a small amount of time on screen here. Again, the soundtrack is awesomely selected, with the music adding to the tension of the scene (especially "Sister Christian" and "Jessie's Girl".) The camera work focusing on Dirk's face is great- where is he, and how did he get here?

There's a lot I'm leaving out of course. Such an incredible, memorable film.

Up next: My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for.
Featuring my good buddy, John Doe.  http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1997_Boogie_Nights/fhd997BGN_John_Doe_001.jpg

I wouldn't have it nearly this high, but Boogie Nights is an excellent flick.  Two of my favorite long takes ever (the opening shot and then the pool party shot that ends underwater).  And the music in this is absolutely perfect. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Schindler's List (1993)

Starring: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley

With regard to both this film and the #1 film on my list, there is little for me to write. Either you've seen them and you recognize their greatness, or you haven't and/or you don't, in which case you're simply a philistine and why are you bothering to read this thread?

Some people, however, may question my placement of this movie as the #2 film on a list of favorites, which I have described as entertaining, since they might not see this film as particularly entertaining, more a gruesome experience. I get that. For me, I find Schindler's List to be a mesmerizing movie every time I watch it (which doesn't happen, I've noticed, unless I order it on Amazon; unlike the #1 movie on my list it's not something that shows up on TV on a regular basis.)

Even though I didn't want to demean this film by describing it in any way, I can't let any writeup on it go without discussing Ralph Fiennes, who offers what I believe to be the greatest film villain in movie history. So there's that.

Up next: Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and makes me very angry.

2. Schindler's List (1993)

Starring: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley

With regard to both this film and the #1 film on my list, there is little for me to write. Either you've seen them and you recognize their greatness, or you haven't and/or you don't, in which case you're simply a philistine and why are you bothering to read this thread?

Some people, however, may question my placement of this movie as the #2 film on a list of favorites, which I have described as entertaining, since they might not see this film as particularly entertaining, more a gruesome experience. I get that. For me, I find Schindler's List to be a mesmerizing movie every time I watch it (which doesn't happen, I've noticed, unless I order it on Amazon; unlike the #1 movie on my list it's not something that shows up on TV on a regular basis.)

Even though I didn't want to demean this film by describing it in any way, I can't let any writeup on it go without discussing Ralph Fiennes, who offers what I believe to be the greatest film villain in movie history. So there's that.

Up next: Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and makes me very angry.
I don't watch this as often as i'd like to. I can't. The stones-on-the-grave at the end is the most evocative moment ever captured in media and i dont ever want to get used to that catharsis.

It's a great movie.  But it's not one that I look to watch again either.  Usually when I consider my favorite movies they are ones that I could watch over and over and over again.

Yankee23Fan said:
It's a great movie.  But it's not one that I look to watch again either.  Usually when I consider my favorite movies they are ones that I could watch over and over and over again.
I was going to post the exact same thing!  :)

1. The Godfather (1972)

Directed by: Francis Ford Coppola

Starring: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan

It would be an insult to this film for me to add a single word of comment.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, sorry about all the time it took. The entire list of movies can be found on the first post. I plan on devoting this thread, in the future, to random thoughts of the day, and I will answer any questions put to me. I will be continuing the Russian narrative in a different thread.

1. The Godfather (1972)

Directed by: Francis Ford Coppola

Starring: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan

It would be an insult to this film for me to add a single word of comment.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, sorry about all the time it took. The entire list of movies can be found on the first post. I plan on devoting this thread, in the future, to random thoughts of the day, and I will answer any questions put to me. I will be continuing the Russian narrative in a different thread.
ladies & gentlemen....

I chatted with him for about half an hour about 10 years ago.  So that makes him a very close friend in my book.

ETA it was in 2000.  Yeesh.
Exene gave Mrs. Eephus her cell phone number last week

ETA:  Exene pocket dialed a 3 min voice mail to my wife the night after they swapped numbers.  Your phone's off the hooooook but you're not

Tim the Confederate monument thing is a really sad episode in my benighted city's history. Having said that the Liberty Monument is one I don't mind seeing go. I'll discuss with you some more but it's very contentious right now and very unlike us. This is some very serious stuff and very dangerous.

Tim the Confederate monument thing is a really sad episode in my benighted city's history. Having said that the Liberty Monument is one I don't mind seeing go. I'll discuss with you some more but it's very contentious right now and very unlike us. This is some very serious stuff and very dangerous.
I saw this in my Facebook feed. What's going on, SID?  

eta* What are the prevailing political pressures, process, etc.?  

I saw this in my Facebook feed. What's going on, SID?  
I have to get wound up to talk about it.

Long/short: our mayor, who is white but comes from the complicated racial past that is NO, got it in his head after the Dylan Roof horror that the City should remove certain Confederate monuments.

Longer: One got rooted up in the dead of night by the city. These monuments and what they each separately represent is so complex it's difficult to get into easily. However a friend who works in the Quarter told me they had police snipers and workers wore masks to dig up the first one, even as attempts are being made to save it. That being said this particular monument represents a pernicious event of post Civil War NO. Basically there was a war around 1874 IIRC here, Uptown marched Downtown and met and fought with federal troops on Canal Street, cannons, bayonets, rifle lines, war. They threw the Fed troops out of the Customs House (which is still there, its massive) and declared a new government, basically a coup. And a monument was built to this. It goes on from there.

eta* What are the prevailing political pressures, process, etc.?  
Politics is personal here. It starts with the mayor, then it gets highly racial, which we generally have a great history of avoiding. We have race politics but for the most part not angry racial politics. But this may change things.

I'm not sure about New Orleans, but we knew this would start happening. I'm just wondering how to deal with it; deal with it faithfully, you see.  The monuments of the past are often those things that shouldn't be celebrated but remembered. I hope they at least move the monuments to a museum or something. 

There's got to be a way to celebrate, honor, and revere the memory of the great generals, soldiers, and statesmen who served the Confederacy without it being a pro-racist thing. These folks are part of our history. 

There's got to be a way to celebrate, honor, and revere the memory of the great generals, soldiers, and statesmen who served the Confederacy without it being a pro-racist thing. These folks are part of our history. 
We could build buildings to store artefacts and highlight these people through exhibits of some kind. We could charge people a nominal fee to view these things, you know, to pay for expenses. Call it a "muse over while you see em", or something like that. 

Hey it's good to be back. I have a LOT of thoughts about politics and stuff over the last month or so. I'm sure I'll get to it. For now, hello to everybody here and feel free to ask me any questions. 

Welcome back.  Are you happy the Lakers drafted Lonzo Ball?
Yes and no.

Yes because he's a very talented player and may be their next superstar- who knows? But I'm terribly optimistic. 

No because the only guy in America that possibly annoys me more than Donald Trump is about to become a regular at Staples Center. 

Users who are viewing this thread