What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

timschochet's thread- Mods, please move this thread to the Politics Subforum, thank you (2 Viewers)

AT&T keeps bugging me to switch to Direct TV (currently have AT&T Uverse.) Should I do it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Billboard category of the draft was brilliant, and I took Drake. 

Welcome back. Best regards to you and your family, as bananafish alluded to.  

AT&T keeps bugging me to switch to Direct TV (currently have AT&T Uverse.) Should I do it? 
No idea. I have DirectTV mainly so I can watch the Steelers in the fall. Other than the news I barely watch live TV- my wife and I binge watch series on Nwtflix, Amazon, and Hulu. 

still disappointed you declined my offer of buying you a few cocktails when you were here last summer  :shrug:

would you have at least 'reached' for the tab?  :coffee:

How's your wife?
She is well, thank you. She is currently attending 5-6 meetings a week (I go to one meeting a week, continuing care, which is a mix of alcoholics and co-dependents.) 

My wife has made many new friends, although it's depressing to hear how many of them fall "off the wagon"- seems like at least one every week. 

WB. But curious, why were you suspended?
I lost my temper at a poster here who insinuated that because I didn't appreciate his draconian ideas about Muslim immigrants, I was rooting for terrorist incidents to happen. So I was explicitly rude to him and used bad language. 

WB. But curious, why were you suspended?
Munny baited him, Tim said something that was perfectly accurate and justified, Munny responded with one of his grunt grunt you're an idiot posts, Tim got a long timeout and Munny got to keep polluting the board with his useless hateful 1-sentence ####posts, no punishment at all.

Munny baited him, Tim said something that was perfectly accurate and justified, Munny responded with one of his grunt grunt you're an idiot posts, Tim got a long timeout and Munny got to keep polluting the board with his useless hateful 1-sentence ####posts, no punishment at all.
It was entirely my fault. I should be able to recognize at this point which people around here want to have real discussions and which don't, and not respond to the latter. For some reason I was really upset that day. Hopefully it won't happen again. 

It was entirely my fault. I should be able to recognize at this point which people around here want to have real discussions and which don't, and not respond to the latter. For some reason I was really upset that day. Hopefully it won't happen again. 
Good for you for taking accountability but you got railroaded man.

No idea. I have DirectTV mainly so I can watch the Steelers in the fall. Other than the news I barely watch live TV- my wife and I binge watch series on Nwtflix, Amazon, and Hulu. 
You should switch to DirectvNow.  My bill went from $173 a month with DIRECTV to $35 a month with DirectvNow and I'm getting 98% of all the same channels I watched anyway.  

I'm a late 60s, early 70s guy so it's going to be 69, and 67-69. But anything before 1965 isn't that good IMO, with few exceptions. 
I think the early 60s get dissed too much, but a lot of that is because Rolling Stone has had a huge impact on the way people think about rock history.

Anyway, I think 1965 - with the possible exception of '83 or '84 - was the banner year for the best records also being the most popular. My 3 year run would be '64-'66, just so I can catch the Beatles arriving and Motown hitting top-end speed.

I think the early 60s get dissed too much, but a lot of that is because Rolling Stone has had a huge impact on the way people think about rock history.

Anyway, I think 1965 - with the possible exception of '83 or '84 - was the banner year for the best records also being the most popular. My 3 year run would be '64-'66, just so I can catch the Beatles arriving and Motown hitting top-end speed.
For me 65 is top heavy but 69 has way more albums that I absolutely love. 

OK a few random political thoughts from the last month, in no particular order: 

1. Trump wisely made his 4 congressional promotions from very red seats and not swing districts, so it should be no surprise when all of the resulting special elections went Republican. I don't understand why the Dems spent so much money and time on Ossoff when he really didn't have much chance of winning. I bought into the hype myself, much like I do sometimes for championship fights which turn out to be duds. But I am a sucker; they should know better. 

2. I greatly admire Nancy Pelosi as one of the most effective Speakers that we've ever had. But she is NOT effective as an opponent to Trump, and neither is Chuck Schumer. Frankly they suck at it. The Dems desperately need new faces or they're never going to win anything. And no I'm not talking about more progressive faces, just young and fresh and more charismatic. I don't know who. 

More to come...

3. I oppose the Republican healthcare bill for a variety of reasons, but a whole lot of the liberal rhetoric about it is unhelpful: the Republicans are trying to kill people, deliberately prevent poor people from getting healthcare, etc. Whom are you trying to convince with this? 

The worst aspect of populist politics, IMO, is the demonizing of one's opposition. Though Trump has been the most vocal recent proponent of this awful practice, Democrats certainly have their own long shameful history, and here it is again rearing its ugly head, particularly with Warren and Schumer, and imitated by some of the posters in this forum. I hate it. 

Without getting into critical darlings or older performers...

1967:  Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery, Velvet Underground & Nico, The Doors, Are You Experienced

1968:  The White Album, Astral Weeks, Electric Ladyland, Beggars Banquet, Folsom Prison

1969:  Abbey Road, Zep I & II, Let It Bleed, The Velvet Underground, Tommy

Interesting that 1969 is the only year with a big album from all of the Beatles, Stones, Who and Zeppelin.

Explain "effective". 
Like Sam Rayburn and Tip O Neil, she was able to manage all the disparate opinions on her side of the aisle in order to get them to agree to compromise and pass difficult bills (like TARP and Obamacare.) if you think this is easy consider Boehner and our current Speaker, who can only get agreement when he gives in to the demands of the far right. 

Without getting into critical darlings or older performers...

1967:  Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery, Velvet Underground & Nico, The Doors, Are You Experienced

1968:  The White Album, Astral Weeks, Electric Ladyland, Beggars Banquet, Folsom Prison

1969:  Abbey Road, Zep I & II, Let It Bleed, The Velvet Underground, Tommy

Interesting that 1969 is the only year with a big album from all of the Beatles, Stones, Who and Zeppelin.
Other 1969 album favorites: 

The Band

Nashville Skyline

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Here's what you missed:

1. Someone had phonesex with a family member 

2.  The GOP fixed health care

3. We decided this woman is ugly

4.  Somebody kind of famous died 

5. Women still look great in yoga pants 

tim, you killed Batman.  In the future, please do not make alt accts based on beloved real people.  Thanks and welcome back.

Here's what you missed:

1. Someone had phonesex with a family member 

2.  The GOP fixed health care

3. We decided this woman is ugly

4.  Somebody kind of famous died 

5. Women still look great in yoga pants 
1. I read that. Like an old Penthouse Forum letter! 

2. Sure the way that Clemenza fixed Paulie Gatto. 

3. I can't judge this as she looks exactly like my daughter's best friend. 

4. More than one I think. 

5. Good looking women look good in anything. 

:lmao:

sure it was just like that

Is the Russia thread DOA?  Twas a good little read even if discussion was low-ish.

See Wonder Woman?  Gal Gadot :wub: thoughts?...AND NO I'M NOT ASKING BECAUSE SHE IS ISRAELI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread