What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am watching every Bond movie: please kill me (1 Viewer)

Never realized how much of a crossover there is between Bond titles and film noir titles. These could work either way

No Time to Die, A View to a Kill, You Only Live Twice, The Living Daylights, etc 

or going the other way 

Touch of Evil, Kiss Me Deadly, Blast of Silence, Born to Kill, Crossfire, The Harder They Fall. 

Never realized how much of a crossover there is between Bond titles and film noir titles. These could work either way

No Time to Die, A View to a Kill, You Only Live Twice, The Living Daylights, etc 

or going the other way 

Touch of Evil, Kiss Me Deadly, Blast of Silence, Born to Kill, Crossfire, The Harder They Fall. 
Ian was probably a fan of those movies.

or going the other way 

No Time to Die was the original title of a 1958 British WWII drama.  The movie had strong connections to the 007 stock company.  It was produced by Cubby Broccoli, directed by Terence Young who helmed three Bonds and co-written by Richard Maibaum who worked on almost all 007 movies from Dr. No through the Timothy Dalton era. 

Maibaum arguably had more influence on the character audiences know as Bond than any other person including Ian Fleming.

ANNOUNCE: I will start back tomorrow with The Living Daylights, assuming it’s on prime 
I lot of the Bond movies are streaming in a lot of places this month. Neflix, Hulu, and Prime all have most of them. Even Comcast has them on my cable free on demand.

Epix has been added to ATT Now (formerly DirectvNow) for free during the cv iso, noticed they have been showing several Bond flix over the last few days.

Dr. No on Sundance now, followed by Goldfinger and From Russia With Love.
Then at 1pm Sunbday > From Russia With Love, Dr. No, Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To a Kill

Just watched "On Her Majesties Secret Service"...

had no idea who the actor playing Bond was.

Grew up watching Roger Moore ... then the Bonds that followed.

Knew about Sean Connery ... but who is this George Lazenby?

He actually played him very well. Better than Timothy Dalton imo.

Just watched "On Her Majesties Secret Service"...

had no idea who the actor playing Bond was.

Grew up watching Roger Moore ... then the Bonds that followed.

Knew about Sean Connery ... but who is this George Lazenby?

He actually played him very well. Better than Timothy Dalton imo.
There's a very entertaining documentary about Lazenby on Hulu. He's quite a character.

Todem said:
Watched The Spy Who Loved Me for the umpteenth time last night.....my favorite Moore turn as Bond to this day. 
I'm sure this will get jeers but I put that one in my top 5 Bond movies. It's really very good with just the exact right mix of Bond from Moore. Probably have For Your Eyes Only around 9-10 and then Live and Let Die around 12-13. The rest are near the bottom. 

I'm sure this will get jeers but I put that one in my top 5 Bond movies. It's really very good with just the exact right mix of Bond from Moore. Probably have For Your Eyes Only around 9-10 and then Live and Let Die around 12-13. The rest are near the bottom. 
Moonraker is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger Moore = likely the least physically threatening, yet my favourite Bond.  And yes, spelled it that way on purpose.

rockaction said:
Isn't Lazenby the one where Bond gets married? Shame what happened to her. I really liked her in that movie.
He got dumped as Bond bc he wasn’t Bond enough off-screen iirc. I really liked him. Sad. 

The Spy Who Loved Me has a scene where a stuntman drops skis after jumping off a cliff. Shane McConkey--who has been called the most influential skier ever--tried the same maneuver only to have a binding malfunction which resulted in him plummeting to his death.
:popcorn:

IIRC, they offered Lazenby a 7 picture deal to play Bond. He did one and bailed, saying he was no longer interested in the role. He was never dumped. 
Reminds me of McLean Stevenson leaving MASH early.  Both guys left a ton of money on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you.  The Spy Who Loved Me is a top-shelf Bond movie.

Users who are viewing this thread