What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12 Monkeys TV Series (SyFy) (1 Viewer)

First episode was ok. Will keep watching. I don't remember the movie much but I do remember liking it.

I liked the movie. Tried the TV show. It held my interest. It will be interesting to see how the story (stories?) develop. Plus Amanda Schull is nice to look at. Will keep watching.

Already caught the second episode. Not bad.

I don't remember much of the movie.
One of my all-time favorites so I was concerned how they were going to handle it, but they did a good job of changing it enough to keep it interesting while at the same time keeping it close to the movie.

Already caught the second episode. Not bad.I don't remember much of the movie.
One of my all-time favorites so I was concerned how they were going to handle it, but they did a good job of changing it enough to keep it interesting while at the same time keeping it close to the movie.
Agreed.

Can't imagine what hotel allows some bleeding guy to stumble through its lobby and stay for 3 days, but otherwise I had no problems with the pilot. Looking forward to how it develops.

Already caught the second episode. Not bad.I don't remember much of the movie.
Agreed.

Can't imagine what hotel allows some bleeding guy to stumble through its lobby and stay for 3 days, but otherwise I had no problems with the pilot. Looking forward to how it develops.
It was ok, he was with her.

Definitely in after the first two. Pretty good.
Me too. My oldest son and I watch shows like this together and even though I saw the movie, I like the show. I like how they are spending more time in 2043 and showing more of what we never saw in the movie. I don't care how much different the show ends up because I don't want it to be identical to the movie. They seem to get that so far.

watched the first three episodes over two days with the gf. i liked it well enough to consider watching it more. i like that it's not another Quantum Leap or Sliders type time travel show. it's a little more interesting conceptually than those. it has a budget too. not wild about the guy playing Cole but i do like the female lead. she has a Naomi Watts thing about her.

saintfool said:
watched the first three episodes over two days with the gf. i liked it well enough to consider watching it more. i like that it's not another Quantum Leap or Sliders type time travel show. it's a little more interesting conceptually than those. it has a budget too. not wild about the guy playing Cole but i do like the female lead. she has a Naomi Watts thing about her.
Yes, definitely.

Not a big fan of Cole either but he's ok.

Did they say in one of the episodes that he is bioengineered to be a fighter or something like that?

Also curious about the tall pale dude

Did they say in one of the episodes that he is bioengineered to be a fighter or something like that?

This bugged the crap out of me so I had to look it up on where I have seen him before.

He is Tom Noonan who played Cain in Robocop 2.

I know he has been in many other things, but that was where I remember him from. I initially thought it was the guy that played Ted in Scrubs.

This bugged the crap out of me so I had to look it up on where I have seen him before.

He is Tom Noonan who played Cain in Robocop 2.

I know he has been in many other things, but that was where I remember him from. I initially thought it was the guy that played Ted in Scrubs.
He was good in Damages and great in Hell on Wheels.

so far so good. I just hope they don't muck it up with extra story lines. I like the premise of going back in time to figure out where the virus came from and to track down the 12 monkeys. I don't want them to muck it up with the gang in the forest trying to get inside and/or kill the team trying to go back in time. I'll keep watching because it is entertaining and I like (to look at) the female lead.

so far so good. I just hope they don't muck it up with extra story lines. I like the premise of going back in time to figure out where the virus came from and to track down the 12 monkeys. I don't want them to muck it up with the gang in the forest trying to get inside and/or kill the team trying to go back in time. I'll keep watching because it is entertaining and I like (to look at) the female lead.
I was wrong. They didn't muck it up. Good episode. Liked how when future Cole saw other Cole he hid a little so they wouldn't see each other and mess up their/his timeline.

I guess the thing to keep in mind is that every time travel back can change the future. Like saving Ramsey. In one future he is dead, but Cole goes back and things change.

Just realized that maybe I should put a spoiler tag on some comements. But I figure anyone reading this topic has probably already watched the episode. If someone thinks we should start using spoiler tags let me know.

Still need to see much more of the blond chick.

Haven't seen the latest episode yet. It's kept my interest so I'll keep watching. That being said, the dialogue is pretty brutal.

The Haiti episode (paraphrased):

Chick - We need a quarantine!

Dude - Not gonna happen. CDC in Atlanta will never go for it.

Chick - We need a quarantine NOW!!11!!1ONE!1!!

Dude - OK, I'll push it through to Atlanta.

:lmao: Come on :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wrong. They didn't muck it up. Good episode. Liked how when future Cole saw other Cole he hid a little so they wouldn't see each other and mess up their/his timeline.

I guess the thing to keep in mind is that every time travel back can change the future. Like saving Ramsey. In one future he is dead, but Cole goes back and things change.

Just realized that maybe I should put a spoiler tag on some comements. But I figure anyone reading this topic has probably already watched the episode. If someone thinks we should start using spoiler tags let me know.

The first time, when Cole hears Ramsey getting shot, do we know for sure that he's hearing Ramsey getting shot? It's late and my brain hurts, but is there a chance that he's actually hearing himself shooting the other soldiers on the walkie-talkie? I forgot how the time-jump happened there.

Anyway, once the episode airs, it's fair game to discuss. No spoiler tags necessary, unless you find something out in real life about someone who will be on the show, or going off the show, or a storyline, etc.

The chick who plays Max didn't have a ton of screen time so far, but seems like a brutal actress.

Overall it's very good so far IMO, and I loved the movie so I was very in for this.

Michael Brown said:
Lowen1 said:

The first time, when Cole hears Ramsey getting shot, do we know for sure that he's hearing Ramsey getting shot? It's late and my brain hurts, but is there a chance that he's actually hearing himself shooting the other soldiers on the walkie-talkie? I forgot how the time-jump happened there.

/quote]

You just blew my mind. Gotta watch again.

Getting sick of the tall old guy. But still on board thus far. I was almost out after #3, bc I was getting confused on what time period they were in, but toughed it out and I think I'm caught up now.

I'm a big fan. I like the characters and it has a "Lost" feel to it. I think there is a marathon of it tonight to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was 4 episodes behind, caught up tonight.

Loved the Chechnya one from last week. Was a bit less enthused all the way through the most recent then, until the ending which I thought was good enough to make the episode.

I don't mind the 2043 stuff too much, as I like the Ramse character. Though I think If bringing in a love interest I would have rather had it be something new that we watch develop, and not another flame from the past like they already did with Cole.

Watched the pilot and it didn't grab me, but may have been distracted at the time. Almost took it off series record, but than checked out the next episodes and enjoyed it. Pretty much watched all but the pilot and got caught up in the last few days.

Agree the virologist is somewhat reminiscent of Naomi Watts.

Tom Noonan (tall, pale, creepy villain dude) was also the tall, pale, creepy, axe-wielding serial killer in Last Action Hero. But I remember him most as Francis "Tooth Fairy" Dolarhyde, tall, pale, creepy (seems to be as typecast as the cast of Gilligan's Island :) ) serial killer in Michael Mann's excellent Manhunter, prequel to Silence of the Lambs.

Users who are viewing this thread