What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's been a great run Peyton - now enjoy retirement.. (1 Viewer)

The torch has been passed:

Peyton - By Andrew Luck

Peyton has played for a long, long time,

Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has games of touchdowns and titles,

He has thrown passes like a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,

You're too old to play, no more playin' for you.

I'm takin' you to a home,

But I will play a Super Bowl for you.

And I will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

You'll tell me secrets that you've learned. Raow!

Your sauce will mix with mine,

And we'll make a good goulash baby.

Peyton, time to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he sticks around. I think he still has something left. Favre looked done at one point and had about 5 more good years.

His playoff numbers and record is almost embarrassing for someone considered the best ever

• Smile
Reactions: rjv
He is done. He had a fantastic career but its time to hang it up. Might go down as one of the best but also will have that dreaded tag of choker in big games.

His playoff numbers and record is almost embarrassing for someone considered the best ever
It speaks for itself. He rarely plays his best in the playoffs.

Greatest regular season qb of all time? Perhaps. But not in the top 10 postseason qbs.

Not Manning's best game, but I don't think it's as bad as his stat line might suggest. His line and receivers didn't do him any favors today.

To be fair Peyton almost always earns a bye, which should count for a W in my book but I'm betting the elevated competition from the thinned field has at least something to do with his stats being poorer in the playoffs.

To be fair Peyton almost always earns a bye, which should count for a W in my book but I'm betting the elevated competition from the thinned field has at least something to do with his stats being poorer in the playoffs.
Exactly and his playoffs stats aren't even bad:

64% completions, 38 TD, 25 INT, 7.4 YPA

Exactly and his playoffs stats aren't even bad:64% completions, 38 TD, 25 INT, 7.4 YPA
compared to his regular season stats they're pathetic

Exactly and his playoffs stats aren't even bad:64% completions, 38 TD, 25 INT, 7.4 YPA
He's been solid at times. But 9 one and dones is bad. Really bad.

So are Brady's. In fact the drop in QB rating for Peyton from the regular season to the postseason is almost identical to the drop in QB rating for Brady from the regular season to postseason.

It's a shame that Peyton couldn't pick up a couple cheap ones as a game manager behind a great defense early on so people would ignore the next 10 years of mediocre playoff play for him like they do for Brady.

Regular season

Peyton: 97.5

Brady: 95.9

Playoffs

Peyton: 89.2

Brady: 88.0

If there isn't some sort of injury that can heal and this is all he has left he will retire. The guy has too much pride to continue like this. It's sad to see him go out like this but it seems he fell off the cliff this year.

Exactly and his playoffs stats aren't even bad:

64% completions, 38 TD, 25 INT, 7.4 YPA
Yeah- the whole choking in the playoffs thing is silly. Half those teams weren't worthy of being in the playoffs to begin with. Peyton CARRIED more than one team to the post-season, and the Colts had more than one home playoff game based almost exclusively on playing in an otherwise extremely weak division.

Greatest of all time IMO, but time to call it a career. Go out as a division winner. There's no super bowl on the horizon.

So are Brady's. In fact the drop in QB rating for Peyton from the regular season to the postseason is almost identical to the drop in QB rating for Brady from the regular season to postseason. It's a shame that Peyton couldn't pick up a couple cheap ones as a game manager behind a great defense early on so people would ignore the next 10 years of mediocre playoff play for him like they do for Brady.Regular seasonPeyton: 97.5Brady: 95.9PlayoffsPeyton: 89.2Brady: 88.0
The thing Brady has going for him is TD:INT 2:1 where Peyton is around 1.5:1.

That being said you can't win without D. And early on Brady had better ones.

If there isn't some sort of injury that can heal and this is all he has left he will retire. The guy has too much pride to continue like this. It's sad to see him go out like this but it seems he fell off the cliff this year.
6 career wins and about 2k yards from 2 more passing records, I can see him coming back and embarrassing himself just to get the records.

I think he comes back, and the Broncos make another run at it.

I doubt he thinks he's done. They have a team built to win now, what are the broncos going to do, hand it over to Brock Osweiler?

DT ain't going anywhere, and Julius might be going somewhere, but the fact is, they are one of the best teams in the league, and Manning is their best chance to win the whole thing.

6 career wins and about 2k yards from 2 more passing records, I can see him coming back and embarrassing himself just to get the records.
i would be fine with this. i never thought i would say this, but he looked like he gave up today.

wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.

The 17 week grind is the problem. He can't hold up.

If you could kid glove him, like San Antonio does with their codgers, he'd have a chance at another Lombardi. Football just isn't conducive to doing that like the NBA is

Rotoworld:

Peyton Manning completed 25-of-45 passes for 187 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Divisional Round loss to Indianapolis.

After floating a picture-perfect lob to Julius Thomas for 32 yards, Manning got Denver on the board with a one-yard touchdown to Demaryius Thomas to start the scoring. Otherwise, his first half consisted largely of overthrown deep bombs intended for Demaryius and Emmanuel Sanders. It often seems like Manning no longer knows how much "mustard" he can get on passes, especially down the field. The Broncos shortened up their pass game in the second half and the Colts responded by jumping routes and snuffing out screens. Manning posted a 4:6 TD-to-INT ratio over his final five games of the 2014-2015 season. We expect Manning to return for 2015, but it's not a guarantee. Turning 39 in March, Manning is owed a non-guaranteed base salary of $19 million. Both Peyton and GM John Elway have a decision to make.

Jan 11 - 7:51 PM

If all he has left is what we saw tonight he is done. Add to that the fact he may be even worse next year after all of the sudden he can't throw the ball even 35 yards down field. I have never seen a great player get this bad so quickly. If this is all he has I say he retires, records be damned.

Users who are viewing this thread