Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Dynasty & Redraft: RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

Faust

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

What are Gurleys cap hits? And when can LAR get out of their deal?

https://mobile.twitter.com/spotrac/status/1169354479222829058 

It's pretty similar if you look at cap hits and when they can get out of the contracts, as compared to the when signed (1 year apart).  Cowboys save 3 mil in cap this year where Rams added 3 last year.   The biggest difference is it's longer, Zeke will be under contract in 2025 and 2026 and will be paid 15 mil and 16 mil respectively with no dead cap. I might be retired before Zeke is.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tonydead said:

It's pretty similar if you look at cap hits and when they can get out of the contracts, as compared to the when signed (1 year apart).  Cowboys save 3 mil in cap this year where Rams added 3 last year.   The biggest difference is it's longer, Zeke will be under contract in 2025 and 2026 and will be paid 15 mil and 16 mil respectively with no dead cap. I might be retired before Zeke is.

Unless they decide they want out after 2022

Meh, Gopher is a good guy. I have a lot of weird dreams. Although I've never dreamt about some other team. 

Zeke gets 20 touches and Pollard gets 10. More about keeping Zeke fresh for the season and a long career than him not being in camp, imo. Unless it's a blowout, then it might be 12 and 12. 

Speaking Thursday, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones confirmed Ezekiel Elliott will be active for Week 1.

Jones seemed like he wanted to go further and declare Elliott ready for his typical usage, but he stopped short. "He came in in really good shape. Hats off to him," Jones said. "I think he’s going to be ready to go. ... Barring something unforeseen, he’s ready to play against the Giants." So far, the only specific report we have gotten on Zeke's potential workload was NFL Network's Wednesday dispatch that he is slated for 20-25 "reps."

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Sep 5, 2019, 5:00 PM ET

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Ezekiel Elliott is expected to see a "significant workload" against the Giants in Week 1.

Early word out of Dallas was that Elliott would be limited to somewhere between 20-25 snaps coming off his summer-long holdout, but the Cowboys seem to be rethinking that as the fourth-year back is reportedly in "great shape" and made "an immediate positive impression" in his return to practice this week. Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, who oversaw Zeke's workouts in Cabo, believes the two-time rushing champ is prepared for his "normal" workload, a sentiment shared by ESPN's Jordan Raanan, who reported that we will see "a lot" of Elliott in Week 1. Rookie Tony Pollard could see some change-of-pace work, but fantasy owners should be bracing for a heavy dose of Zeke in Sunday's opener.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Sep 8, 2019, 8:48 AM ET

Updating an earlier report, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects Ezekiel Elliott to log 20-25 snaps against the Giants in Week 1.

This conflicts with previous reports from Jason La Canfora and Jordan Raanan, who both suggested Zeke would see closer to his usual workload on Sunday. It would make sense for the Cowboys to ease Elliott in coming off a five-week stint in Cabo, but apparently he hasn't missed a beat in practice this week and appears to be in excellent shape after spending the summer training with Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. The Cowboys don't want to risk a soft-tissue injury with their prized workhorse, but if the game is close, it's hard to envision Elliott taking a backseat to Tony Pollard in crunch time. Even with conflicting reports on his usage, Elliott still belongs in all fantasy lineups as a locked-and-loaded RB1.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 8, 2019, 10:43 AM ET

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the team will "be mindful of how little practice time" Ezekiel Elliott had this summer.

Elliott totaled 63 yards on 11 touches in Week 1 but only played 54 percent of Dallas' offensive snaps. The league's highest-paid back claims he's ready for his "normal workload", but Garrett said the team will 'still' be mindful of Elliott's reps, essentially hinting at another 60/40 split with rookie Tony Pollard being involved off the bench. With the Cowboys being listed as 5-point road favorites, it's certainly plausible Elliott's featured in the first half only to give way to Pollard down the stretch. Zeke remains a fringe top-10 option as long as he's splitting carries.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Sep 11, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

• Like 1

Ezekiel Elliott handled 23 carries for 111 yards and one touchdown, chipping in two catches for nine yards in the Cowboys' Week 2 victory over Washington.

Elliott put this one away in the fourth with an explosive 27-yard run on third-and-five to seal Dallas' second straight win. Although the former holdout split touches evenly with rookie Tony Pollard in Week 1, Elliott was the clear-cut starter against the Redskins, out-touching the fourth-rounder 25-5. With Elliott presumably back on an every-down schedule moving forward, he's undeniably a top three option at his position next Sunday against Miami's tanking defensive trenches.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:02 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott is expected to see his "normal workload" in Week 3 against Miami.

The Cowboys have been limiting Elliott's reps coming off his 40-day holdout. He played 54 percent and 77 percent of snaps in Weeks 1 and 2. Elliott should regain his every-down status this week, but it's possible he's rested in the second half of a projected blowout. Elliott is our No. 4 running back play for Week 3.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News

Sep 21, 2019, 10:11 AM ET

17 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What’s he do this week?

I think he'll have a pretty big week myself.  Prime Time Sunday night game against another top team.  NOS is statistically good against RBs this season but have played HOU, LAR and SEA - none of those teams have a prolific run team this season.  Seems like one of those big Zeke games.  They're 3-0 with a lot of passing.  I think this is the game that Zeke dominates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I think he'll have a pretty big week myself.  Prime Time Sunday night game against another top team.  NOS is statistically good against RBs this season but have played HOU, LAR and SEA - none of those teams have a prolific run team this season.  Seems like one of those big Zeke games.  They're 3-0 with a lot of passing.  I think this is the game that Zeke dominates.

Thinking 19/102/2 and 3/36?

Ezekiel Elliott had 18 carries for 35 yards and a touchdown in Week 4 against the Saints.

Elliott never really got going in this one, with a long run of nine yards. He had more success in the pass game, catching 6-of-7 targets for 30 yards. Elliott's touchdown came at the goal-line and salvaged his night. Through four weeks, Elliott is on pace for 219 carries, 1,161 total yards, and six touchdowns. Elliott will remain a top-10 option against the Packers in Week 5.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:40 PM ET

Just now, voiceofunreason said:

The big rushing games will come. Really needs to start catching the ball though.

Yeah, I think they will. I'd like to see him catching more passes, too. That said, I hope Tyron Smith wasn't injured too badly tonight.

NO has a very underrated run defense.

Ezekiel Elliott collected 62 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries while adding two catches for 29 yards on four targets Sunday in the Cowboys’ Week 5 loss to Green Bay.

Sunday's game script called for a heavy pass volume (Dak Prescott attempted 29 passes with Dallas trailing in the second half), which obviously worked against Zeke as his 14 touches matched a season-low. Still, the two-time rushing champ looked spry out of the Cowboys' backfield, rumbling to 5.2 yards per carry while also adding a goal-line touchdown (his fourth of the season) for good measure. This wasn't the blowup game fantasy owners had in mind for Elliott, though a date with the winless Jets in Week 6 could be just what the doctor ordered.

Oct 6, 2019, 8:12 PM ET

7 hours ago, Dizzy said:

All that money weighing him down?

He cant hand the ball off to himself. 4.5 YPA. On pace for only 272 rushing attempts and 42 receptions. I just don't understand why you give a RB all that money and then not use him.

Edited by shadyridr

30 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

He cant hand the ball off to himself. 4.5 YPA. On pace for only 272 rushing attempts and 42 receptions. I just don't understand why you give a RB all that money and then not use him.

New OC; new philosophy?  Wasn't a big deal first 3 games, because they were winning & the new offense was effective & exciting.  Have to imagine that someone (Jerruh) will have something to say about that if the trends of the last 2 games continue.

2 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

New OC; new philosophy?  Wasn't a big deal first 3 games, because they were winning & the new offense was effective & exciting.  Have to imagine that someone (Jerruh) will have something to say about that if the trends of the last 2 games continue.

I think it was more that he was getting back into game shape the first few games and these last two got out of hand pretty quick so they had to abandon the run.

45 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I think it was more that he was getting back into game shape the first few games and these last two got out of hand pretty quick so they had to abandon the run.

IDK.  Maybe you're right, but it seemed like last night, the reason that game got out of hand was because of the "new" offense.  Seemed like they were throwing it a lot more than they ran, and Dak kept throwing it to the wrong team.

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The Saints game got out of hand? They lost 12-10 and actually were winning after the 3Q.

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I think you answered your own question- they owe him a ton of money over the next few years, they want to try and make sure his wheels don't fall off before they get there.

• Like 1