Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Dynasty & Redraft: RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

On 12/10/2020 at 5:37 PM, ILUVBEER99 said:

Things fell apart when Dak went down.  Elliott will be fine when Dak returns.

in 5 games with Dak he had 537 total yards and 6 TD’s.

He’s still only 25.  

Dak along with Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, La'el Collins, and a slew of other O lineman.

I think we're up to 17 different starting line combos this year.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should be banned for six weeks!!!                         I’M NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!   TEX

Just enough time for Judge Crotty to pull a monster trade in his 14 team IDP keeper league.

10 minutes ago, turkishkamel said:

Dak along with Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, La'el Collins, and a slew of other O lineman.

I think we're up to 17 different starting line combos this year.

And when you consider Dallas has only played 12 games, that’s saying something.

Edited by Bayhawks
  • Laughing 2
8 hours ago, Teezee said:

I would pick up Pollard if you can. Zeke has a calf and a hammy. He may not make it out of the CIN game, I don't think they push it. I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down next week.

This is my situation... trying to decided which one to start. Leaning Pollard right now 4.5 before kickoff. 

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) is active for Week 14 against the Bengals.

Zeke was never in real danger and gets a rare RB1 week in a soft matchup against a Bengals defense allowing a crisp 5.0 YPC to running backs. Inactive for Dallas are QB Ben DiNucci, WR Malik Turner, CB Anthony Brown, S Donovan Wilson, DE Bradlee Anae, OLB Luke Gifford, and DT Eli Ankou.

Dec 13, 2020, 11:46 AM ET

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Elliott's didn't have any setbacks in Sunday's win over the Bengals. The Cowboys got Tony Pollard (13 touches) more involved last week with Elliott at less than 100 percent.  Elliott's practice reps will be monitored but he should continue to play in Week 15 against the 49ers.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News

Dec 16, 2020, 12:26 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) remained limited for Thursday's practice.

To be clear, Elliott hasn't practiced with the team the past two days, instead staying off to the sidelines and being limited to resistance training ahead of Sunday's game. He's still expected to start and play, though it would not be shocking if Tony Pollard was again handed a high share of this backfield's touch count. Elliott remains a hold-your-nose RB2 if only for his (dwindling) touches as long as he's active.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 12:51 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliot (calf) is questionable for Week 15 against the 49ers. 

The team expected Elliott to play through his nagging calf injury. He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday. We're awaiting his Friday practice status. Expect Elliott to continue losing snaps and touches to Tony Pollard, who has been Dallas' best back of late. Pollard could have flex consideration in deep leagues this week against the Niners. 

RELATED: 

Tony Pollard

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Dec 18, 2020, 4:11 PM ET

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

The world is full of delusional Cowboy fans...hoping there is one in my league and I can get an early 1st for him. Or maybe a solid #2 RB and #2 WR....if people still believe in him. 

Hmmm I don’t think you’ll get an early one but guess you never know. If your best offer was a 1 in the 9-10 range would you pass on that and hold? 

3 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Hmmm I don’t think you’ll get an early one but guess you never know. If your best offer was a 1 in the 9-10 range would you pass on that and hold? 

Yes I'd probably hold out for a 1st and a solid player if the pick was later. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

GRRRRRRR.   Trying to decide between Zeke and Hunt as my RB3.  If Zeke is out, is Pollard the better play?  This is not a problem I thought I'd behaving at the beginning of this season.

Just because the Cowboys took the "equitable" position of paying him didn't mean you had to follow suit and draft him, no whut I mean?

:)

3 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

GRRRRRRR.   Trying to decide between Zeke and Hunt as my RB3.  If Zeke is out, is Pollard the better play?  This is not a problem I thought I'd behaving at the beginning of this season.

Pollard would be the better play as he's not splitting carries.  I'm hoping Zeke plays.

The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys expect Ezekiel Elliott (calf) to play Sunday against the 49ers.

Elliott is expected to play through his calf injury despite not practicing all week. His workload may be scaled back, leaving a few more touches for Tony Pollard. Injured and facing a top-10 run defense, Elliott is best viewed as a low-floor RB2 for Week 15.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News

Dec 19, 2020, 1:36 PM ET

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

Would you start him over Mostert?

I have Mostert in as my RB2 and Pollard as my Flex.   If I had to choose one I think I would go with Mostert cause he's not going up against the SF run defense.  But you're going to get more touches with Pollard I am guessing.   A really tough decision.

• Like 1

I've had Zeke and Pollard in PPR redraft all year and I acknowledge how hard it is to pull the trigger on Pollard over Zeke but more or less since Week 6 it has been the better play. As the season winds down it would seem to be getting easier to make that call.

Edited by habsfan
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Picked up Pollard.  Starting him over Wilson...

Did the same over Wilson, Gus, and Landry.  Just think the probability of more touches is what is best.  It may not be right be seems safer.

4 minutes ago, Banger said:

any update on his injury?

He’s limited in practice today, which is ahead of where he was last week. That said, calf strains are tricky, and although I expect him to try and play, there is a high risk of him being ineffective and or not finishing the game. Even if he plays, I’m going to start Pollard over him with confidence. Besides, Zeke has been abysmal when fully healthy. 

• Like 1

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) said he's on track to play in Week 16 against the Eagles. 

ESPN's Todd Archer said Elliott, who missed Week 15 with the lingering calf issue, "went through some team drills Wednesday after spending the early portion of practice doing resistance training off to the side." Elliott told reporters he felt "better today than I have in the last three weeks on a Wednesday." It looks likely Elliott will return to the starting role despite Tony Pollard being the superior back for much of this season. Elliott would be a touchdown-dependent RB2 against the Eagles. 

RELATED: 

Tony Pollard

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 23, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

Zeke is riding the pine for me. i considered him as a flex, but he is nothing more than a low-floor, low-ceiling ppr option at this point.  I would rank him alongside players like Frank Gore.  I am not sure we can even rely on volume this week.  

3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Have Pollard & Zeke in 1 redraft. Rolling them both out as of now & benching Jeff Wilson. I may change my mind...again...

Tough to bench Wilson over those two when he’s getting all the work. In terms of picking between Zeke and Pollard, I imagine they split carries, but Pollard is more productive 

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

All signs have pointed toward Elliott returning after missing Week 15. With the Cowboys' season drain-circled and Elliott at less than 100 percent health, we would expect his snaps to be rationed. It's an unpredictable situation, but we would prefer Tony Pollard as a low-end, volatile RB2, with Elliott checking in as a low-upside FLEX against the Eagles. 

RELATED: 

Tony Pollard

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Dec 24, 2020, 4:39 PM ET