What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

A 21 year old guy getting the new iPhone (last year) doesn't seem like a big deal to me. From what @espnespn posted, he did provide his provide his phone but he got a new last year. 
Also, the courts do not care if they did or did not answer questions, I believe...could be mistaken. Courts have different rules than independent investigators. They are not compelled int he courts eyes to have to answer questions without a subpoena. 

This is the same arbitrator who reduced Greg Hardys susp from 10 to 4 games.  Go read about what Greg Hardy did in which he was found GUILTY for and the like.  Scary dude.  Either Zeke is a monster to the extent none of us have any idea or this Henderson guy/NFL have some real explaining to do. 

A 21 year old guy getting the new iPhone (last year) doesn't seem like a big deal to me. From what @espnespn posted, he did provide his provide his phone but he got a new last year. 
Um, the Deadspin article says Zeke destroyed his old text messages.

"So why did the league come down hard on Elliott? During June’s hearing, Friel articulated eight factors the league viewed as a lack of cooperation on Elliott’s part, starting with the fact that Elliott said he bought two new cell phones last fall, after the new iPhone came out. Elliott said he didn’t know he had to keep the data (including text messages) that had been stored on his old phones. "

This is the same arbitrator who reduced Greg Hardys susp from 10 to 4 games.  Go read about what Greg Hardy did in which he was found GUILTY for and the like.  Scary dude.  Either Zeke is a monster to the extent none of us have any idea or this Henderson guy/NFL have some real explaining to do. 
This is all about procedures, power, precedent.  None of this has anything to do with trying to arrive at a fair and equitable outcome at this point.

"So why did the league come down hard on Elliott? During June’s hearing, Friel articulated eight factors the league viewed as a lack of cooperation on Elliott’s part, starting with the fact that Elliott said he bought two new cell phones last fall, after the new iPhone came out. Elliott said he didn’t know he had to keep the data (including text messages) that had been stored on his old phones. "
Yeah. His old phones. He reset and cleared his old phones. You're supposed to do that so you just don't have something with probably too much personal information on it just floating around. 

does same judge rule on an injunction after he gives restraining order?

If so, it seems likely he would rule in favor of zeke and if the NFL then appeals, then that process would most likely take us past this season 

When I asked why Ezekiel Elliott is allowed to play in Week 1 even though suspension was upheld, I got this answer: "It was a question asked by the judge in court before a ruling came down. In deference, and as to not rush the judge, league attorneys agreed to permit him to play week 1. Nothing to do with an illusory 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline."

Yeah. His old phones. He reset and cleared his old phones. You're supposed to do that so you just don't have something with probably too much personal information on it just floating around. 
Well, Brady destroyed his old phone to get rid of his personal information, and Salty Haters came out of the woodwork saying that was a smoking gun for his guilt.

I'm just making sure the same logic is applied to Zeke.

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/actually-clinton-destroyed-phones-better/

"And security experts agree there's at least one surefire way to be certain that data is truly removed and unrecoverable: kill the hardware."

Especially when the person who interviewed the witness recommended no discipline. It's just....weird.

From the Hearing Officer in Ezekiel Elliott Case:

"As his designated Hearing Officer in this matter, my responsibility is to determine whether the Commissioner's decision on discipline of Mr. Elliott is arbitrary and capricious, meaning was it made on unreasonable grounds or without any proper consideration of circumstances. It is not the responsibility, nor within the authority of, the Hearing Officer to conduct a de novo review of the case and second guess his decision. Rather, the review is to determine whether the player was afforded adequate notice of his alleged violation, the right to representation, opportunity to present evidence, and a decision which is fair and consistent. In a case involving violation of a policy, fair and consistent means whether the process and result were in compliance with the terms of that policy. This one is, in every respect.

Here the process for imposing discipline outlined in the Policy has been followed closely, step by step. I find it unnecessary to reexamine all the evidence presented in this record because my careful and diligent review of everything the Commissioner reviewed and relied on draws me to the conclusion that the record contains sufficient credible evidence to support whatever determinations he made. He is entitled to deference on those judgments absent irregularities not present here. While the record contains inconsistencies in statements, an adjudicator makes informed judgments on the credibility of witnesses and evidence."

That point someone made about this same guy taking down Hardy's suspension after seeing the #### he did is pretty nutzo. 

I'm guessing all us Elliot owners will be disappointed this Friday.

"As his designated Hearing Officer in this matter, my responsibility is to determine whether the Commissioner's decision on discipline of Mr. Elliott is arbitrary and capricious, meaning was it made on unreasonable grounds or without any proper consideration of circumstances. It is not the responsibility, nor within the authority of, the Hearing Officer to conduct a de novo review of the case and second guess his decision. Rather, the review is to determine whether the player was afforded adequate notice of his alleged violation, the right to representation, opportunity to present evidence, and a decision which is fair and consistent. In a case involving violation of a policy, fair and consistent means whether the process and result were in compliance with the terms of that policy. This one is, in every respect.

Here the process for imposing discipline outlined in the Policy has been followed closely, step by step. I find it unnecessary to reexamine all the evidence presented in this record because my careful and diligent review of everything the Commissioner reviewed and relied on draws me to the conclusion that the record contains sufficient credible evidence to support whatever determinations he made. He is entitled to deference on those judgments absent irregularities not present here. While the record contains inconsistencies in statements, an adjudicator makes informed judgments on the credibility of witnesses and evidence."
Basically Roger gets to do whatever the #### he wants, Elliot. This and the Brady ruling tells me that Elliot is not getting anything from this judge on Friday. 

Note: My legal training is having watched almost every episode of "Law and Order". 

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter

12 mins ·

Facebook Mentions

·

Especially when the person who interviewed the witness recommended no discipline. It's just....weird.
The NFL's lawyers edited the Wells Report before it came out...and refused to say what they changed.  Pretty sure the NFL could have deleted some original Wells Report findings that said Brady didn't do it.

Don't look behind the curtain, just accept the NFL's official findings.  That's what the Salty Haters cheered for, so the same should apply to Zeke.   :lmao:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/03/judge-didnt-buy-nfls-claims-that-ted-wells-was-independent/

"And [Berman] made clear that he believes the NFL’s handling of Wells’s investigation was unfair to Brady, noting that NFL general counsel Jeff Pash was allowed to edit Wells’s report, while Brady was not allowed to question Pash."

(edit: fixed an obvious typo from original source)

The NFL's lawyers edited the Wells Report before it came out...and refused to say what they changed.  Pretty sure the NFL could have deleted some original Wells Report findings that said Brady didn't do it.

Don't look behind the curtain, just accept the NFL's official findings.  That's what the Salty Haters cheered for, so the same should apply to Zeke.   :lmao:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/03/judge-didnt-buy-nfls-claims-that-ted-wells-was-independent/

"And [Berman] made clear that he believes the NFL’s handling of Wells’s investigation was unfair to Brady, noting that NFL general counsel Jeff Pash was allowed to edit Wells’s report, while Brady was not allowed to question Pash."

(edit: fixed an obvious typo from original source)
yup..and Jerry liked the Brady suspension...now how do you feel Jerry?

Nothing to see here until next season. Judge already stated he was disturbed by some of the things the NFL was doing. Will get drug out in the courts. 

Got him with the 25th pick.  Many guys use the CBS list to draft by so definitely not a shark league.  Last possible pick to get him because someone at 26 said I sniped them.

Got him with the 25th pick.  Many guys use the CBS list to draft by so definitely not a shark league.  Last possible pick to get him because someone at 26 said I sniped them.
Did you go Beckham at 5 or someone else?

I don't understand why "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply.  If the primary investigator threw it out, why is he guilty and being punished?  This is such a $hit show.. If this turns out to be falsely accused, a lynch mob is going to be after Roger.

Did you go Beckham at 5 or someone else?
First four were as expected:

DJ, LB, AB, JJ

I did take OBJ with 1.05 and got lucky and got Evans with 2.06 and Zeke with 3.05 and Kelce with 4.06. Not a lot of sharks in the league but big $ and betting so I like it.  I just need to withstand the suspension.

Nothing to see here until next season. Judge already stated he was disturbed by some of the things the NFL was doing. Will get drug out in the courts. 
the judge from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas?

This is what I've found.  

In my 10 team, and 14 I've drafted Zeke both times early.  10 team was 1.03 and 14 team was 1.04.  When you draft him this high everybody's board "####s the bed" and you can pickup the pieces.  Note - Both of these drafts were timed 60 sec and 90 sec (respectfully) so it gets chaotic.  Chaos creates profit!  The funny this is that this draft feels like straight by the book.   Who wins that way?  If you take Zeke early, the board opens up.  Perfect time to go Big or go Home.

Less talk about Ezekiel Elliott and more about Chet's draft please. Can't go to bed until I know who he picked in the 12th round.
Maybe you should head over to the darling of the first week waiver wire thread.  You and petekrum can discuss why/why not Kupp should be on everyone's roster.   :rolleyes:

There's a very good reason that I rarely venture over here and guys like KingPrawn and petekrum reinforce that decision everytime I read their ####.

This is what I've found.  

In my 10 team, and 14 I've drafted Zeke both times early.  10 team was 1.03 and 14 team was 1.04.  When you draft him this high everybody's board "####s the bed" and you can pickup the pieces.  Note - Both of these drafts were timed 60 sec and 90 sec (respectfully) so it gets chaotic.  Chaos creates profit!  The funny this is that this draft feels like straight by the book.   Who wins that way?  If you take Zeke early, the board opens up.  Perfect time to go Big or go Home.
they #### the bed because value is falling to them.  Kinda like when someone drafts McCaffery at 1.12

A TRO wouldn't last the entire season right? As it's name suggest, isn't it only temporary. Wouldn't he instead need a preliminary restraining order? I am a laymen, help me.

No joke. "Destroyed" is a very disingenuous way to say that. I do a factory reset on my old phones before I recycle them or give them away. Who wouldn't?

That point someone made about this same guy taking down Hardy's suspension after seeing the #### he did is pretty nutzo. 

I'm guessing all us Elliot owners will be disappointed this Friday.
Hardy's infraction occurred before the current rules on domestic violence were in place. I believe there was a period when both the domestic violence and the substance violation rules were overhauled and they said people who's infractions that occurred before the overhaul were not subject to the new rules. So there were some guys whose drug suspensions were reduced (including Josh Gordon possibly?) and the domestic violence guys caught a break as well including Hardy.

didn't fall far in my league but the idiot who drafted him thought his suspension was for sure being rescinded. said 2 picks later he saw it was upheld. oh well. 

best of luck to all invested in this guy!

Maybe you should head over to the darling of the first week waiver wire thread.  You and petekrum can discuss why/why not Kupp should be on everyone's roster.   :rolleyes:

There's a very good reason that I rarely venture over here and guys like KingPrawn and petekrum reinforce that decision everytime I read their ####.
no reason to be butt hurt over it. could have just said zeke slipped to round 3...

who did you get round 12?

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that Henderson upholding the full suspension is actually good for us Elliot owners. If the suspension had been reduced to 4 games as many predicted, it would have been harder for Elliot to get a restraining order based on unfairness. Now I think he will get the TRO. And this is going to drag on past 2017 which is all I care about. We'll know Friday, but I think we're going to get him for the full season.

Users who are viewing this thread