What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (6 Viewers)

NFL hasn't officially responded yet. But I am not sure they will take this news lying down. They made mistakes on how they handled this and yes in this case it is unlikely he gets suspended this year. But they may have another avenue to seek their revenge. They may declare they are now investigating the breast incident and in the meantime put him on Commissioner's Exempt List. It seems to me if the NFL chooses to suspend him for that he would have no recourse. He just admitted under oath that he did not have consent to pull down her breast. He just said she must be ok with it because she slept with later that night.
That was covered in the suspension he was hit with.

One attorney just argued that the case could be settled this year, in time for the NFL playoffs- very unlikely but he said that looking at the calendar the earliest the case could be decided on is week 16. 

Qhich would be catastrophic for the Cowboys, but wouldn't hurt us Zeke owners in the least. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind this outcome at all; sounds like a win- win. 

Mark my words Zeke owners that are celebrating right now...Karma will get Zeke within the next few weeks..nothing a blown knee, or ruptured achilles won't take care of. The football gods, will NOT look kindly on this ruling. Then we will see how funny you think this all is(and how great it is), on top of having to serve his suspension next year as well.
Just change your name to saltycuzidonthavezeke.  And then log out for a while.

Mark my words Zeke owners that are celebrating right now...Karma will get Zeke within the next few weeks..nothing a blown knee, or ruptured achilles won't take care of. The football gods, will NOT look kindly on this ruling. Then we will see how funny you think this all is(and how great it is), on top of having to serve his suspension next year as well.
Have a drink. It's Friday. 

That was covered in the suspension he was hit with.
Not exactly. It was mentioned but the league stated in court they chose not to pursue that incident but it showed his lack of respect for woman. They may decide to pursue it now and cite his own testimony as the reason why.

Last edited by a moderator:
One attorney just argued that the case could be settled this year, in time for the NFL playoffs- very unlikely but he said that looking at the calendar the earliest the case could be decided on is week 16. 

Qhich would be catastrophic for the Cowboys, but wouldn't hurt us Zeke owners in the least. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind this outcome at all; sounds like a win- win. 
The NFL could also sweeten the pot by offering a reduced suspension. Lots of ways this could go from here.

mike fisher Verified account @fishsports  7m7 minutes ago

Judge: 'fundamental unfairness infected #EzekielElliott case from beginning, killing any possibility that justice will be served.' #Yeesh

Thats my belief that he didnt based off her credibility. 
I get it.   But you really don't know, and neither do I.  I've been a believer all along in this thread that Goodell and the NFL followed an absurd process.   That doesn't mean I think Zeke is innocent though.

Conclusion:

The question of what happened between Elliott and Thompson in July 2016 is not beforethe Court. Nor is the Court making any credibility findings. As previously stated herein, the Courthas a limited role in this case. The question before the Court is merely whether Elliott received afundamentally fair hearing before the arbitrator. The answer is he did not. The Court finds, basedupon the injunction standard, that Elliott was denied a fundamentally fair hearing by Henderson’srefusal to allow Thompson and Goodell to testify at the arbitration hearing. Their absence  

22effectively deprived Elliott of any chance to have a fundamentally fair hearing. The Court grantsthe request for preliminary injunction.

It is therefore

ORDERED

that Petitioner’s Emergency Motion for Temporary RestrainingOrder and Preliminary Injunction (Dkt. #5) is hereby

GRANTED

.It is further

ORDERED

that the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott, affirmed by Henderson’saward, is enjoined until the Court’s final ruling on the Petition.

I think some here may want to sit this one out for a bit.  There seems to be some really worked up people over something that's out of our hands.

I think he will actually be fired.  You might be interested in the outcome, even if you don't care about it.
The owners this week opted to give Goodell a 5-year extension to run through 2024. He's not getting fired. People forget that he is a puppet of the owners and the league is in good shape financially. When a guy brings billions of dollars to the owners, why would they fire him?

This typifies the mentality of America now...if we don't like something...SUE. It's become a sue happy society..people will sue for ANYTHING now. Your last staement says it all..you would sue a company for firing you, to find out if they had "just cause" for doing so?? There isn't an employment contract anywhere that I know of that doesn't specifically state, you are "an at will employee"...you can leave the company at any time for any reason, and as such, the company can terminate you at anytime for any reason...unless of course you work for a Union, who simply protects terrible employees.
At this time all EZE has been is accused. That's it. 

Ironic: What should typify the mentality of America today is the presumption of innocence that we are all (including Ezekiel Elliott) expected to enjoy the protection of.

And since it's highly questionable that he actually did anything, all this lofty talk from you up on your high horse comes off as needlessly condescending.

so the real irony is you acting like Elliott got away with something or is somehow using a legal loophole or union to get away with something, when in fact he may be an innocent man wrongly accused. And sadly, it is *your* behavior here that "typifies the mentality of America" these days. Wanting to convict a potentially innocent man without allowing him his day in court.

i flat guarantee if you were wrongfully accused of beating a woman, you'd want every legal protection available to prove your innocence. 

Also, why are you still posting? I thought you quit FFB? 

The owners this week opted to give Goodell a 5-year extension to run through 2024. He's not getting fired. People forget that he is a puppet of the owners and the league is in good shape financially. When a guy brings billions of dollars to the owners, why would they fire him?
Wow.  I hadn't seen that news.  Thx!

Ok, so is it safe to cut McFadden in short bench league? 
Not yet. Let's see how the NFL responds. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of that breast incident yet.

They may now decide to investigate that separately and put him on Commissioner's Exempt List while they do.

Not yet. Let's see how the NFL responds. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of that breast incident yet.

They may now decide to investigate that separately and put him on Commissioner's Exempt List while they do.
I dont think they could do that now, judges wouldnt like funny games that make a joke of their orders. I think the NFL lawyers would not want to do that. 

If I learned anything the past 8 months...its dont mess with judges, they dont like to be made a joke or insulted.

That would be the Richard move of the century. Not even Goodell and his fat face are that childish.

That would be the Richard move of the century. Not even Goodell and his fat face are that childish.
I think he is, but goes back to guys in black robes are involved in this...try to even have the commish tell them he has more power then them, they will puff the chest.

This case is not in NY and this judge said the Brady case has no relevance here. This is about procedure, not rules on the field. Also, it may get hung up that the NFL didnt not negotiate these terms therefore are subject to higher scrutiny in the courts. 

I dont think they could do that now, judges wouldnt like funny games that make a joke of their orders. I think the NFL lawyers would not want to do that. 

If I learned anything the past 8 months...its dont mess with judges, they dont like to be made a joke or insulted.
But they are two separate incidents. This case was about the abuse. Yes the breast incident was mentioned in it to demonstrate his lack of respect to woman but just because it was mentioned I don't think it couldn't be pursued separately. It would have nothing to do with this case. He could ultimately be suspended for both as far as I can tell.

Yes it would seem vindictive to pursue it right now but the NFL is nothing if not vindictive. I also don't think Elliott would have any defense in the breast case. He admitted under oath he didn't have her permission beforehand to do that. 

But they are two separate incidents. This case was about the abuse. Yes the breast incident was mentioned in it to demonstrate his lack of respect to woman but just because it was mentioned I don't think it couldn't be pursued separately. It would have nothing to do with this case. He could ultimately be suspended for both as far as I can tell.

Yes it would seem vindictive to pursue it right now but the NFL is nothing if not vindictive. I also don't think Elliott would have any defense in the breast case. He admitted under oath he didn't have her permission beforehand to do that. 
I understand, sure....two totally separate instance. But if they wanted to do this it would make a judge mad, i just have a feeling as it would appear to the judge to undermine him and issue his own ruling to TRO on that as well. I have seen judges do crazy things when disrespected to prove a point. 

I understand, sure....two totally separate instance. But if they wanted to do this it would make a judge mad, i just have a feeling as it would appear to the judge to undermine him and issue his own ruling to TRO on that as well. I have seen judges do crazy things when disrespected to prove a point. 
I really don't think the judge would have anything to say about. He didn't rule on that issue. What could he do about it? 

Look they just suspended Josh Brown again citing new evidence.

I really don't think the judge would have anything to say about. He didn't rule on that issue. What could he do about it? 

Look they just suspended Josh Brown again citing new evidence.
In regards to the exempt list...

DCBlueStar ‏ @DCBlueStar  15m15 minutes ago

According to @WALLACHLEGAL, that's a whole different issue and one the NFLPA should readily defeat should the NFL even think about it.

Also, remember the CBA is not about Goodell, its about the Players and the Owners, if you get enough owners who also dotn want Goodell to have full discipline power and want a panel or independent arbitrator, it will happen. Its not up to Goodell. 

I can name 2 very influential owners who may be against what Roger has right now as it is. 

In regards to the exempt list...

DCBlueStar ‏ @DCBlueStar  15m15 minutes ago

According to @WALLACHLEGAL, that's a whole different issue and one the NFLPA should readily defeat should the NFL even think about it.
Yeah but that refers to using the exempt case while this case is under appeal. If they try that I am sure they would lose

But the NFL could use the exempt list while they investigate the completely separate breast issue. Courts would have no say on that.

Yeah but that refers to using the exempt case while this case is under appeal. If they try that I am sure they would lose

But the NFL could use the exempt list while they investigate the completely separate breast issue. Courts would have no say on that.
Judges don't like when people try to show them up.

This. Period. Thats why in the NFLs statement you see them say they will respect the courts decision and let it play out. NFL lawyers told commish one important thing among many... "Dont do anything stupid."

Any DJ/Zeke owners out there? 
Took both in my auction on Wednesday.  So many chokes from league mates, even from Cowboy fans, that I spent too much on a guy getting suspended.

Perhaps not all the way out of the woods for this season yet but the preliminary injunction is sweet, sweet news to our ears right now.

LOL. What could he do. Elliott was the idiot who pulled down a girls shirt after the abuse claims. He created the separate incident. 

Even if the NFL won this case I still wouldn't have been surprised to see him suspended again for the breast issue.

Granted the timing would look petty if they pursued the breast issue right now. But it seems to me the best way for the NFL to get its immediate revenge.

Honestly, I don't know why they have pursued that already. It would have been a much easier  to suspend him for than for this abuse case which was always ripe with credibility issues. The breast issue would be open and shut because there is video evidence. Even more so now that he has said under oath he didn't have her permission beforehand to do that. Whether she was upset about it or not is irrelevant. 

You keep saying this but it won't:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/11/five-biggest-revelations-nfl-letter-ezekiel-elliott-including-future-banishment-league

No penalty for St. Patrick's Day incident

The Commissioner also has determined that the March 11, 2017, St. Patrick's Day parade incident in Dallas will not be considered separately as a basis for additional discipline under the Policy given the circumstances surrounding the incident. You should understand, however, that your behavior during this event was inappropriate and disturbing , and reflected a lack of respect for women. When viewed together with the July incidents, it suggests a pattern of poor judgment and behavior for which effective intervention is necessary for your personal and professional welfare.

LOL. What could he do. Elliott was the idiot who pulled down a girls shirt after the abuse claims. He created the separate incident. 

Even if the NFL won this case I still wouldn't have been surprised to see him suspended again for the breast issue.

Granted the timing would look petty if they pursued the breast issue right now. But it seems to me the best way for the NFL to get its immediate revenge.

Honestly, I don't know why they have pursued that already. It would have been a much easier  to suspend him for than for this abuse case which was always ripe with credibility issues. The breast issue would be open and shut because there is video evidence. Even more so now that he has said under oath he didn't have her permission beforehand to do that. Whether she was upset about it or not is irrelevant. 
I agree that it would have been simpler.  But that ship has already sailed.

Hankmoody said:
You keep saying this but it won't:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/11/five-biggest-revelations-nfl-letter-ezekiel-elliott-including-future-banishment-league

No penalty for St. Patrick's Day incident

The Commissioner also has determined that the March 11, 2017, St. Patrick's Day parade incident in Dallas will not be considered separately as a basis for additional discipline under the Policy given the circumstances surrounding the incident. You should understand, however, that your behavior during this event was inappropriate and disturbing , and reflected a lack of respect for women. When viewed together with the July incidents, it suggests a pattern of poor judgment and behavior for which effective intervention is necessary for your personal and professional welfare.
But now he just revealed under oath that he didn't have her permission do that. Brings in new evidence and opens the door for NFL which just got embarrassed in court and is likely seeking some kind of recourse. In court he almost bragged about and showed no remorse for it. He said she must have been ok with it because she slept with him later that night.

The NFL just reopened Josh Brown issue under similar circumstances. Citing new evidence.

But now he just revealed under oath that he didn't have her permission do that. Brings in new evidence and opens the door for NFL which just got embarrassed in court and is likely seeking some kind of recourse.
First of all that's not new.   Secondly the incident remains unchanged.  They would need evidence of previously unknown violations.

First of all that's not new.   Secondly the incident remains unchanged.  They would need evidence of previously unknown violations.
An admission of a crime under oath is new evidence. I thought right after he said that in court that in might come back to bite him.

Look the NFL is going to have a some kind of response. Don't be surprised on Sunday Night if they pursue this avenue. 

Users who are viewing this thread