What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (6 Viewers)

Sounding like even if TSO is granted, that the case would be heard in a matter of weeks, not months as everyone reported earlier. So, Zeke could be missing the play-off fantasy stretch...worst case scenario. 

So, just as I said. You wouldn't give an explanation for your comment.

Why don't you know the specifics of this case? They are public and readily available.   
I don't know what more I can say.  You have demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of the criminal justice system.  I have tried to illuminate and correct your misconceptions, but you don't seem to be listening.

Why Elliott > Brady on "fundamental fairness" Pash = a "collateral" witness Elliott's accuser = the key witness Easy to distinguish.

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/918603592864550913
Not sure how the Brady judges knew Pash was a "collateral" witness, since the NFL refused to say what/how much of the Wells Report was modified by Pash before it was released.  What if Pash re-wrote 50% of the Wells Report?  75%?  Is he still collateral?

Inconsistent information means that the accusers story wasn't backed by the evidence. Which is a polite way of saying that she wasn't telling the truth. Elliot's information certainly wouldn't matter, because he is the one being accused. All that they would need is for her story to be backed up by the evidence. Clearly, it wasn't. Especially since she clearly asked one of her friends to lie to the police when they showed up, and her friend turned that evidence over to the police.
No, it isn't. 

Not sure how the Brady judges knew Pash was a "collateral" witness, since the NFL refused to say what/how much of the Wells Report was modified by Pash before it was released.  What if Pash re-wrote 50% of the Wells Report?  75%?  Is he still collateral?

Good question. This is basically all we know.

Unfortunately, the Second Circuit reversed Judge Berman on this issue, characterizing Pash's role in the investigation as "collateral" to the issues at arbitration, and, therefore, not material or important enough to constitute a violation of fundamental fairness. According to Judge Barrington Parker (the author of the Second Circuit's majority opinion), "[t]he insights Pash might have had and the role he might have played in the preparation of the Wells Report were concerns that were collateral to the issues arbitration.

I understand your point, but they nailed Josh Brown earlier so it's obvious to the public it's a big concern of theirs.

To believe Zeke is innocent, you have to be believe there's some kind of conspiracy or something & I'm just not buying that.
Certainly, Elliott can not win the case on the grounds that the NFL doesn't have the authority to suspend him. They do.

But there is a scenario where the accuser lied about the DV, that as part of the court proceedings in the DV case she admitted lying in return for getting immunity and a sealed court record so as not to affect her future, and that the NFL cannot gain access to those records. It's a huge stretch, like an 8 week hamstring injury level stretch, but Elliot could be innocent of all charges and the NFL could be prevented from access to that evidence. I have no opinion one way or the other, but a judge could theoretically review sealed records and say the NFL has no grounds for suspension. No conspiracy, just the intricacies of court proceedings.

I don't have specific knowledge of the Elliott case.  I'm speaking in general terms.  And what I'm telling you is that very often, investigators believe a crime has been committed, the accused is guilty, yet the DA chooses not to file charges, because their high burden of proof can't be met (for any number of reasons).

Is Elliott one such person that's actually guilty but not charged?  I don't know.  I'm not assuming he is or isn't.

My point is, you shouldn't assume (as you have done) that he is innocent because no charges were filed, and you definitely should not assume that no charges means that investigators think no crime was committed.
  You keep saying the same thing over and over. The guy above that you're responding to is it saying that he thinks Elliot is innocent. He doesn't know just like he doesn't know that Elliot is guilty. That's it. 

Don't have to keep saying that prosecutors don't always charge somebody with a crime and less they have concrete evidence. We all understand that dude, everybody understands that. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that he's likely guilty and it only means that there's not enough evidence to convict him and then turn around and condemn people were saying the opposite is true. 

The problem with that is you're assuming he's innocent. We don't know, period.

I'm just saying the NFL, after an exhaustive investigation, handed down the suspension. Even as a Cowboys fan, I cant imagine the NFL having a grudge against Zeke, JJ, or the Dallas organization in general. It's preposterous. They had to find something significant.

Like I said, it is what it is. Bottom line, they should've taken the suspension at the beginning of this season.
You are presuming he is guilty. 

I make no assumptions either way. 

:lmao:  at "I can't imagine.., they and to find something" 

This is fun and all but we all know there's like a 2% chance of this judge ruling in favor of Zeke/NFLPA.

Maybe next deal they can give even more power to Roger in exchange for getting to wear their shirts untucked and have league provided ice cream after the practice.

You are presuming he is guilty. 

I make no assumptions either way. 

:lmao:  at "I can't imagine.., they and to find something" 
I'm presuming he's guilty? I'd rather he not be, but I've extensively stated FF nerds like us will never know.

I'm assuming nothing. I'm simply putting weight into the NFL's investigation. I can't imagine them conjuring up evidence. It's not even a reasonable argument.

I'm presuming he's guilty? I'd rather he not be, but I've extensively stated FF nerds like us will never know.

I'm assuming nothing. I'm simply putting weight into the NFL's investigation. I can't imagine them conjuring up evidence. It's not even a reasonable argument.
New England homer just lost his mind.

I just don't get why Zeke and his legal team are being idiots about this. Look, he WILL be suspended, it's not IF, it's just when. IDK, if Jerry and the Cowboys desperately want him to play because they falsely think they have Super Bowl aspirations or what, but this has to go down as one of the dumbest decisions ever. The Cowboys are 2-3 WITH HIM, and if he'd have just taken his suspension right away, he'd only have to miss one more game.

I just don't get why Zeke and his legal team are being idiots about this. Look, he WILL be suspended, it's not IF, it's just when. IDK, if Jerry and the Cowboys desperately want him to play because they falsely think they have Super Bowl aspirations or what, but this has to go down as one of the dumbest decisions ever. The Cowboys are 2-3 WITH HIM, and if he'd have just taken his suspension right away, he'd only have to miss one more game.
So did you go with DMC or Morris?

As a Dallas fan, I wholeheartedly agree, but I'm more worried about it not taking effect until next season.

Poor decision in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also attempting to salvage his name and ensure he doesn't lose out on six game checks, plus incentives that I'm sure he wouldn't meet having missed six games this year.

God knows I'd fight this too.

I'm guessing this is about more than the Cowboys season to Zeke and for different reasons the NFLPA.

Who is suggesting that they "have made up evidence?"

Here's the thing, Zeke was going to fight it either way (innocent or guilty). He says he didn't do anything, but an exhaustive investigation said otherwise.

There was a better way to handle it & still not admit guilt, but they chose this path & they have to live with the consequences even if it puts a serious dent in their 2018 Super Bowl aspirations (of which they have a better chance).

I think if they had suspended him for "conduct detrimental to the league"  he wouldn't have any recourse and would have likely served his suspension. The fact is the NFL has determined and stated that he is factually a domestic abuser. 

Again, the first thing I would've done if I was Zek's legal team was file defamation lawsuit. 

I think if they had suspended him for "conduct detrimental to the league"  he wouldn't have any recourse and would have likely served his suspension. The fact is the NFL has determined and stated that he is factually a domestic abuser. 

Again, the first thing I would've done if I was Zek's legal team was file defamation lawsuit. 
The bottom line is...This will do NOTHING to his repuattion, he was never charged with a crime, and again he WILL be suspended. Why spend the $$ to fight a losing battle??

That's the point. I don't believe they did. My guess is he's guilty of some degree of domestic violence.
So if you don't believe that the NFL has made stuff up, then why do you keep bringing that up? Who are these people that are saying these things? Besides fans, who is suggesting that the league has made stuff up to incriminate Zeke?

And guessing is the same thing as presuming. You just said a couple of posts ago that you're not presuming anything. 

Neither...could care less about who runs the ball for them..It's just Zeke being an idiot. Serve it and be done with it. (not a Zeke owner either).
Serious question, if you did not commit the domestic violence, would you just take the suspension, forfeit your guaranteed money and give up on any hopes to get endorsement deals just because you want to get it over with?

I mean I get that this is messing up your fantasy football season and that you personally are exhausted by the whole ordeal, but this is somebody's life dude. This isnt a pretend game of stats. 

Serious question, if you did not commit the Mestic violence, would you just take the suspension, forfeit your guaranteed money and give up on any hopes to get endorsement deals just because you want to get it over with?

I mean I get that this is messing up your fantasy football season and that you personally are exhausted by the whole ordeal, but this is somebody's life dude. This isnt a pretend game of stats. 
LOL if you think he will never have any endorsement deals ever again.

So if you don't believe that the NFL has made stuff up, then why do you keep bringing that up? Who are these people that are saying these things? Besides fans, who is suggesting that the league has made stuff up to incriminate Zeke?

And guessing is the same thing as presuming. You just said a couple of posts ago that you're not presuming anything. 
I don't know if he did anything in which case I can't assume anything.

What I do know is the NFL determined he committed domestic violence after investigating it & handed down a suspension. That's the only thing we have that's really definitive.

Serious question, if you did not commit the Mestic violence, would you just take the suspension, forfeit your guaranteed money and give up on any hopes to get endorsement deals just because you want to get it over with?

Let me say this slowly for the mentally challenged...I COULD CARE less, about it from My fantasy football perspective..It has ZERO effect on me or my team. I just think it's moronic that he is fighting something he absolutely has ZERO chance of winning...period. Whether he did it or didn't do it, people are going to think what they think, and him being suspended now or next year won't change their opinion one iota. You know why I find this ridiculous, that all the Zeke owners want him to NOT be suspended to help their FF teams..and could care less if he did do it, as long as they don't lose him from their teams.

The Cowboys fan above "gets it".

Let me say this slowly for the mentally challenged...I COULD CARE less, about it from My fantasy football perspective..It has ZERO effect on me or my team. I just think it's moronic that he is fighting something he absolutely has ZERO chance of winning...period. Whether he did it or didn't do it, people are going to think what they think, and him being suspended now or next year won't change their opinion one iota. You know why I find this ridiculous, that all the Zeke owners want him to NOT be suspended to help their FF teams..and could care less if he did do it, as long as they don't lose him from their teams.

So you could care less?

Let me say this slowly for the mentally challenged...I COULD CARE less,about it from My fantasy football perspective..It has ZERO effect on me or my team. I just think it's moronic that he is fighting something he absolutely has ZERO chance of winning...period. Whether he did it or didn't do it, people are going to think what they think, and him being suspended now or next year won't change their opinion one iota. You know why I find this ridiculous, that all the Zeke owners want him to NOT be suspended to help their FF teams..and could care less if he did do it, as long as they don't lose him from their teams.

Thank you so much for not answering the question, but being a complete Richard and showing off your intelligence, while attempting to belittle mine. 

Have a good one, Copernicus.

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL

If Judge Crotty issues a PI in favor of #Zeke Elliott, NFL will immediately seek an emergency stay pending appeal. Just like in Texas

If that happened, this case could go to the Second Circuit as soon as this week. With immediate motion practice.

Who'd have known the NFL was so good at CSI type stuff?

The NFL should contract out to police forces nationwide - since they're so much better at proving guilt in criminal assault cases. They could solve cold cases, find serial killers, they could have easily proved OJ's guilt .... just ####### amazing isn't it ?

LOLOL!!  Love it.  The most mis-used phrase in our language I believe.
I could care less if I was stranded on a "desert" island (assuming the desert island had lots of people, A/C and restaurants).

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Judge Mazzant officially dismisses Elliott's case in Texas, meaning the suspension is currently in place, pending the MY ruling. Mazzant seemed to drag his feet on this earlier today, but it sounds like at least that injunction is finally lifted. Now it just comes down to the ruling in NY.

Users who are viewing this thread