What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (5 Viewers)

This sounds bad for Zeke IMO. From Amy Dash:

Don't think irreparable harm is at issue. Failla is trying to assess likelihood that Elliott will win case on merits to make her decision

Even though he wiped his phones, he did turn over all phone records in May 2017. That included all text messages, phone calls and even pictures sent from his phone(s). He complied completely, just not in a timely fashion. The idea that his wiping the phones hid information from them is not valid.
Untrue. Zeke turned over phone records, but not texts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/report-phone-records-turned-over-in-nfls-ezekiel-elliott-probe/

"When Elliott appeared at a June 26 hearing in New York City—roughly six weeks before his suspension was handed down—he was questioned at great length by Lisa Friel, the NFL’s senior vice president for investigations."

The Deadspin article shows page 157 of the NFL report.  He didn't turn over the requested texts at all.

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-seems-to-have-punished-ezekiel-elliott-for-not-1798704936

Untrue. Zeke turned over phone records, but not texts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/report-phone-records-turned-over-in-nfls-ezekiel-elliott-probe/

"When Elliott appeared at a June 26 hearing in New York City—roughly six weeks before his suspension was handed down—he was questioned at great length by Lisa Friel, the NFL’s senior vice president for investigations."

The Deadspin article shows page 157 of the NFL report.  He didn't turn over the requested texts at all.

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-seems-to-have-punished-ezekiel-elliott-for-not-1798704936
Yeah don’t give a ####.

Daniel Wallach Retweeted

Kate Hairopoulos‏Verified account @khairopoulos  5m5 minutes ago

More

Elliott and NFLPA are not going to pursue the en banc hearing in 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, so case completely done in 5th Circuit
That sounds like an incoming loss, but I'm a pessimistic person sometimes. 

Cowboys beat writer says Zeke is gonna win. Guess we'll find out in an hour or so if he's right.

I have to think that the team thought he'd lose and that he'd be out for a while... they've run him so hard the last couple of weeks, since the last round of that "the judge is on vacation, actually" trial, it seemed like they were getting every drop out of him they could before he'd be leaving--even if he got injured they wouldn't care because he could serve out the suspension while hurt.
That's what he has to say

I made the same move a couple of weeks ago in my dynasty league.

I gave Gronk and Hyde.

Congrats to you if his suspension is delayed till next season. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what you gave up for him. 
Dak, Dez and Freeman for Zeke, Fuller and Ben + 25$ FAAB. 

Zeke is a big upgrade over Freeman who has me worried. 

Ben is a big step down from Dak but it's QB, I feel I can make things happen there that are impossible at RB

I think Fuller is a downgrade form Dez...but is he? 

Dak, Dez and Freeman for Zeke, Fuller and Ben + 25$ FAAB. 

Zeke is a big upgrade over Freeman who has me worried. 

Ben is a big step down from Dak but it's QB, I feel I can make things happen there that are impossible at RB

I think Fuller is a downgrade form Dez...but is he? 
In my dynasty league I have Dak, Zeke, and Dez.  Was wondering what I could get for Zeke so your situation doesn't really relate. lol  Side note:  I've been looking to ship Dez.  I think he's entering the old zone and Dak seems to be tiring of his drops.

In my dynasty league I have Dak, Zeke, and Dez.  Was wondering what I could get for Zeke so your situation doesn't really relate. lol  Side note:  I've been looking to ship Dez.  I think he's entering the old zone and Dak seems to be tiring of his drops.
My move was redraft anyway. I agree that from watching Dez closely this year, I was not impressed. Lots of targets and very little to show for it. 

its been above normal in Arkansas and dry, but we have rain coming in the next few days .... hows the weather in your part of the world spider321?

Just made a huge trade for him.  I really really hope he's not suspended. 

Same. Dealt D. Henry and Diggs for him a couple weeks ago assuming he'd get suspended and being resigned to it. Now that I have hope he might play, I'm thinking I got a potential steal 

This sounds bad for Zeke IMO. From Amy Dash:

Don't think irreparable harm is at issue. Failla is trying to assess likelihood that Elliott will win case on merits to make her decision
This is what ultimately led me to believe the suspension would stand. Totally a gut thing, as I mentioned earlier, but if the judge isn't as swayed by the irreparable harm argument as judge's that have ruled on this previously, I don't think he has much else to stand on.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be back for Week 15- second week of the playoff, right? My team is 6-1-1 in my main league, if I can maintain that I get the bye for week 1 of playoffs, then I get him back. Does that work?

Users who are viewing this thread