What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (1 Viewer)

Everyone knows that Cabo has world class NFL training facilities... everything you need is there; sand, beaches, tequila... not to mention the ~45 yr old football commentator that is getting him ready.

I have no doubt Zeke will be ready for a full workload when he comes back and they travel to New England.

Lol. How many hits has Saquan taken this summer?  You expect the same limitations for Sean Lee, Byron Jones, Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawerence?  Nope. 

Agree with the giants part. 
I was talking about camp. Not meaningless pre season games.   

We’ll see.  I think he signs this week.  He has no leverage. 

I was talking about camp. Not meaningless pre season games.   

We’ll see.  I think he signs this week.  He has no leverage. 
A couple padded practises a week?  Wind sprints?  What exactly is he missing he can't do in cabo?  Answer: Kellen Moore's playbook. But he was at OTAs and they will lean on him if they need to.  Agree his leverage is toast. 

McGovern to IR and Chung promoted from practice squad so they now have 3 RBs and a FB on the 53. Obviously Chung is demoted if/when Zeke reports. 

they're playing the giants, they won't even need him
Yeah, thanks to them I'll be eating crow. But if he plays he will start and get a fair share until the game is in hand.  I'm on record in here saying Pollard will cut into his carries anyway. Not sure why I'm even arguing, dont own Zeke and have Pollard. 

I have the 1.02, come to find out in redraft. I'd take Zeke in a heartbeat but don't think I can stomach it. Kamara, I guess, is the way to go. 
Same, I logged on late and got Kamara, got Pollard way later. I would have taken Zeke tho because of Homer.  

Everyone knows that Cabo has world class NFL training facilities... everything you need is there; sand, beaches, tequila... not to mention the ~45 yr old football commentator that is getting him ready.

I have no doubt Zeke will be ready for a full workload when he comes back and they travel to New England.
You mean, HOF RB Marshall Faulk?  Yeah, what a shlub.

You mean, HOF RB Marshall Faulk?  Yeah, what a shlub.
Didn't mean to imply that he was a "shlub"... just referring to him for what he is and not what he was. Would be more meaningful IMO if Zeke was working out with someone who was actively trying to get back into the NFL, not someone who played their last meaningful game when Zeke was ~5 yrs old.

Didn't mean to imply that he was a "shlub"... just referring to him for what he is and not what he was. Would be more meaningful IMO if Zeke was working out with someone who was actively trying to get back into the NFL, not someone who played their last meaningful game when Zeke was ~5 yrs old.
Say what? You don’t need to have played in the NFL to train someone 

Please sign today so that we can have a good chuckle at those that think he won’t play when he handles 20 touches on Sunday.

Big mistake imo

ETA: Patriots wouldn’t do a deal like this in a million years
While I agree the deal will probably cost them in the long run, it does seem fair to compare anyone to the Pats. How many teams have a franchise qb willing to take under market value, let alone the GOAT doing it. Financial decisions are easy when that's the case.

While I agree the deal will probably cost them in the long run, it does seem fair to compare anyone to the Pats. How many teams have a franchise qb willing to take under market value, let alone the GOAT doing it. Financial decisions are easy when that's the case.
And yet even with the GOAT giving home town discounts, they still don't invest heavily in the RB position. There's a reason for that.

That comment makes no sense. That would give them more money to spend on a RB, and they still don’t.

Big mistake imo

ETA: Patriots wouldn’t do a deal like this in a million years
100% agree, and not just the Patriots. Eagles wouldn't, Chiefs wouldn't. 

If this costs them Amari Cooper and/or Byron Jones, they'll be much worse off than they would have been by letting Elliott walk. I think unless he completely faceplants this season, Dak is likely next.

ETA: This also sets a bad precedent for holding out with 2 years left on a deal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be interesting to see if they let Cooper walk after just a year and a half on the team.
It certainly sounds like Cooper is the Odd man out. They’re signing Zeke and Dak the word is two will definitely get signed but no way can they sign three. Four of their five OL are signed until 2023 so that line will be intact for years to come (Zeke and Dak benefits greatly). They have extended certain key defensive player to keep that young group together so it looks like Cooper will either be traded or let go.

Tex

It certainly sounds like Cooper is the Odd man out. They’re signing Zeke and Dak the word is two will definitely get signed but no way can they sign three. Four of their five OL are signed until 2023 so that line will be intact for years to come (Zeke and Dak benefits greatly). They have extended certain key defensive player to keep that young group together so it looks like Cooper will either be traded or let go.

Tex
Gallup's dynasty value on the rise?

Have one tomorrow and Im at 1.9...was hoping this news would wait til Thursday.
I’m sure I got lucky, we all watched Bell holdout and drafters didn’t want to get burned again. I took a chance but ended up drafting Mixon, Cook and D. Johnson as insurance just in case. I just never believed Zeke would sit out two years from the NFL and I certainly didn’t believe the Cowboys were actually hedging their bet with Tony Pollard. Lol

Tex

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Cowboys are "very close" to reaching an extension with holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott.

Per Schefter, Elliott is being accompanied to Dallas by his agent Rocky Arceneaux. Zeke is returning after spending most of the past month training in Mexico. The only real question now is if Elliott will be in game shape for Week 1. He could be on a pitch count or a healthy scratch ahead of a Week 2 return.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 3, 2019, 2:40 PM ET

You know what? I kind of like Kamara. Comes with much less drama than Zeke, who is great but costs himself time suspended and time off at crucial moments.

You know what? I kind of like Kamara. Comes with much less drama than Zeke, who is great but costs himself time suspended and time off at crucial moments.
Won’t argue anyone who has a specific preference between Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, and McCaffrey.  

But as for the bolded, you mean that one suspension he had?  Or has he missed other crucial moments?  He’s quite literally been the model of consistency and production at his position outside of that.  Seems an odd comment to make.

Won’t argue anyone who has a specific preference between Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, and McCaffrey.  

But as for the bolded, you mean that one suspension he had?  Or has he missed other crucial moments?  He’s quite literally been the model of consistency and production at his position outside of that.  Seems an odd comment to make.
I think there was the grabbing of the co-ed at tOSU that almost led to a different suspension that I'm thinking of and confusing. You're right. He does his stuff when he needs to, aside from being accused and/or caught on film performing battery on women.

That's not a soapbox or anything; I just hope it isn't a recurring problem. He also shoved a security guard on film this offseason and was close to suspension. He's cost himself six games over three years with the one incident -- that's a lot. 

Personally, if I'm thinking straight fantasy football, I prefer Barkley. Easy and in a walk. But I love Kamara and Elliott, too,. (Not a fan of McCaffrey's size.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man In The Box said:
Never tune to any ESPN network unless you're positive that the live game that you want to watch is on, and even then be prepared to hit the mute button. They are a truly awful network now. Unwatchable. 
This. It's been terrible for a long long time. 

I think there was the grabbing of the co-ed at tOSU that almost led to a different suspension that I'm thinking of and confusing. You're right. He does his stuff when he needs to, aside from being accused and/or caught on film performing battery on women.

That's not a soapbox or anything; I just hope it isn't a recurring problem. He also shoved a security guard on film this offseason and was close to suspension. He's cost himself six games over three years with the one incident -- that's a lot. 

Personally, if I'm thinking straight fantasy football, I prefer Barkley. Easy and in a walk. But I love Kamara and Elliott, too,. (Not a fan of McCaffrey's size.)
i PRAY they have some wording in his new deal  to protect themselves from his off field idiocy 

And those are just the incidents we know about.

i PRAY they have some wording in his new deal  to protect themselves from his off field idiocy 
The Cowboys had extensive language in Dez’s contract to protect Dez and themselves I’m certain that the organization is smart enough to do so here.

Tex 

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Cowboys are "very close" to reaching an extension with holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott.

Per Schefter, Elliott is being accompanied to Dallas by his agent Rocky Arceneaux. Zeke is returning after spending most of the past month training in Mexico. The only real question now is if Elliott will be in game shape for Week 1. He could be on a pitch count or a healthy scratch ahead of a Week 2 return.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 3, 2019, 2:40 PM ET
LMAO, all the money they’re paying him there’s zero chance he’s on a pitch count!

Tex

PhantomJB said:
According to Shannon Sharpe the deal is close?

I received some information that Zeke and his team are on their way back to Dallas. It's going to be a 7-year deal and it'll be a mega deal, one that's going to shock a lot of people… I do believe Zeke Elliott will carry the ball on Sunday for the Cowboys.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/03/shannon-sharpe-ezekiel-elliott-on-way-to-dallas-will-sign-7-year-deal/
Yeah?

zeeshan2 said:
[PFT]Getting initial chatter of Zeke deal being done. Six year, $90 million extension. Unconfirmed.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1168916073623826432
It will be reported something like a 6 year deal worth 90 mil (15 mil a year) the truth will involve something like this:

The 5th year team option in 2020 is the last hurdle?

Zeke wants it removed with new contract, Cowboys want to keep it.
Cowboys want both remaining years to count so you have to add that in and it would really be 8 year 103 mil (12.8 mil a year).  Of course a big signing bonus so Zeke gets a chunk up from and a healthy amount guaranteed.  

If the only thing left is the 5th year to count it shouldn't be too hard to deal with, he stood to make 9 million anyway, that's not very far off 12.8.  Of course it's one year less the Cowboys will have him for before we do this all again.

:lol:   Of course it gets done.  Zeke doesn't have any leverage.  Just how much Jerry & Co. give up will be the point of criticism.  

Users who are viewing this thread