What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (5 Viewers)

Ack88 said:
The whole Giants vibe is different with Jones as QB. They will finish ahead of the Cowboys.

After the Giants beat the Cardinals and the Cowboys lose to the Eagles they will be tied.
I wouldn't call the Giants/Cardinals a win for the Giants. Cards have gotten better every week, while Jones has looked worse every game he's played. Plus, Patrick Peterson is finally back.

I don't know if you have watched MM recently. Dak isn't worth big money but Mariota was probably the worst starter in the league week 1.
As a Bears fan, I'd gladly take Mariota over Trubisky. 

Dizzy said:
Who are you replacing him with?
There’s 6 QBs maybe 7 in this 2020 class. We need to see who’s declaring though. Dak has an opportunity to make his play to get paid its not looking to well for him at the moment for obvious reasons.

Tex

Ack88 said:
The whole Giants vibe is different with Jones as QB. They will finish ahead of the Cowboys.

After the Giants beat the Cardinals and the Cowboys lose to the Eagles they will be tied.
Uuummmmmm, I think the last time the Eagles bragged about beating the Cowboys they ended up losing. It’s a division rival I’m not going to count out the Cowboys in this one.

Tex

I don't know if you have watched MM recently. Dak isn't worth big money but Mariota was probably the worst starter in the league week 1.
He'd be an inexpensive bridge option who has a similar skill set to Dak, but would cost half the price.

MM is no long term solution but is not much worse than Dak. 

Uuummmmmm, I think the last time the Eagles bragged about beating the Cowboys they ended up losing. It’s a division rival I’m not going to count out the Cowboys in this one.

Tex
I hope I'm wrong but this Cowboys team is not very good at all.

Further, there is an embedded culture of under performance, replete with lacking accountability. There also appears to be so sense of urgency, either.

I hope I'm wrong but this Cowboys team is not very good at all.

Further, there is an embedded culture of under performance, replete with lacking accountability. There also appears to be so sense of urgency, either.
You are wrong. I’m not even sure what game you watched but Dak was running for his life and getting pounded on every play so the sense of urgency was to throw the ####### ball before the defense hit him more. 

Its week 6. The sky isn’t actually falling 

He'd be an inexpensive bridge option who has a similar skill set to Dak, but would cost half the price.

MM is no long term solution but is not much worse than Dak. 
The gap between Dak and MM is a chasm. As stopgap measures go, I think the Cowboys could find a better option than Mariotta. 

And I think you are overreacting a bit. The Jets defense is actually very good, they gave the Eagles a hard time the week before. The big difference was the Eagles had to stop Falk and not Darnold.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
You are wrong. I’m not even sure what game you watched but Dak was running for his life and getting pounded on every play so the sense of urgency was to throw the ####### ball before the defense hit him more. 

This team, coupled with a very challenging schedule, is winning 8 games- tops. 

Dak is not the only one to blame here. The o-line has been hurt by injuries and the defense, which has some sparkling individual talent, has been poor. 

The sky is not falling, the Cowboys won't end the year with 4 wins, but they are nothing more than an average team that will be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Let’s be real. The guy that mans the most important position on the field has played poorly. A better QB likely wins the last 2 games.

To be fair, its what really matters. Zekes gonna be a top 10 guy. Dak and the rest of the offense is going to determine if he's a league winning top 3 guy
Whoa! Bit of a hot take here... Zeke's supposed to be top 3 guy.

Top 10... that's like Carson/Mack zone.

Whoa! Bit of a hot take here... Zeke's supposed to be top 3 guy.

Top 10... that's like Carson/Mack zone.
Now I'm going to take us off topic but I don't know if that's how I view players with top 5 adp. My expectation is less "this guy is a lock for top 3", its more "this guy isn't Joe Mixon, he's not going to kill my team". The old adage, you can't win in the first round but you can lose.

If we all knew for certain that Mack and Carson had a floor of top 10, they would have gone back of first round. 

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 22 times for 111 yards and a touchdown and caught 6-of-7 targets for 36 yards in the Cowboys' Week 7 win over the Eagles.

Elliott came in hot, running over Malcolm Jenkins and powering his way to the one-yard line before converting a goal-line carry for a first-quarter TD. He salted away the clock in the second half, going over 100 rushing yards for the fourth time. Elliott has found the end-zone in 6-of-7 games and has been getting better as the season moves along. He’ll be one of the top running back plays against the Giants when the Cowboys come out of their Week 8 bye.

Oct 20, 2019, 11:30 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 23 times for 139 yards in the Cowboys' 37-18, Week 9 win over the Giants Monday night.

The only obvious thing missing was a touchdown while Elliott also wasn't targeted in the pass game. He was the best player on the field in this one, but it won't show in fantasy box scores. Elliott was consistently churning out runs of five-plus yards and was hurt more by the Cowboys scoring three lengthy touchdowns via the pass. Zeke has strung together three straight 100-yard rushing games and will get the Vikings at home next week on NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:32 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 21 times for 86 yards in the Cowboys' Week 12 loss to the Patriots, adding four receptions for 40 additional yards.

Zeke was largely the Cowboys only consistent source of offense on the afternoon, as Dak Prescott averaged a pedestrian 6.4 YPA. Elliott deserves credit for consistently finishing runs strongly and falling forward for extra yards, and the Cowboys’ elite offensive line also did a good job opening up lanes to spring their featured RB into the second level of the defense. OC Kellen Moore got Elliott a little bit more involved in the passing game than usual courtesy of some well-designed screens, but it still seems unlikely we see Zeke with too high of a weekly target floor moving forward. Regardless, he’s locked in as a top-five option at the RB position ahead of Thanksgiving Day’s matchup against the Bills’ run-funnel defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ezekiel Elliott rushed 19 times for 81 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Cowboys' Week 14 loss to the Bears.

Even with no other running backs active, Elliott drew only five targets in the passing game, catching two of them for 12 yards. He capped the Cowboys' opening drive with a two-yard score before tacking on another two-yarder with the 'Boys down 24-7 early in the fourth quarter. That touchdown came on fourth down following failed second- and third-down runs. Along the way, Elliott had a 31-yard rumble, embarrassingly his longest of the year. Zeke has been fed, but he hasn't been eating quite the way he should, failing to reach 100 yards rushing in any of his past four games. The Rams are on tap for Week 15 in Dallas.

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 24 times for 117 yards and two touchdowns, adding three catches for 43 receiving yards in Dallas' Week 15 win over the Rams.

Elliott did most of his damage in three quarters as the Cowboys surprisingly built a 34-7 lead heading into the final 15 minutes. Zeke eclipsed the century mark early into the second half — scoring twice from inside the five-yard line as he snapped his five-game 100-yard drought — helping Dallas out-rush the Rams 263 to 22. He also became just the third player in franchise history to rush for 100 yards in at least 25 games. Tony Pollard (12/131/1) mixed in for 12 carries off the bench, but this backfield is obviously Elliott's all to himself moving forward in competitive contests. Expect Zeke to carry the load as a top-three option in Dallas' must-win divisional bout against the Eagles in Week 16.

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 13 times for 47 yards in the Cowboys' Week 16 loss to the Eagles, adding seven receptions for 37 additional yards.

With the Cowboys' passing attack looking dysfunctional as Dak Prescott played through a shoulder injury, Elliott was running into brick walls vs. the Eagles' stout defensive front. The 47 yards rushing were tied for his third fewest of the season. Elliott at one point checked himself out of the game after smashing his head on the turf, but he was never announced as being evaluated for a concussion. For Week 17, he gets a Redskins defense he ripped for 23/111/1 back in Week 2.

I’m actually floored that Zeke would be in the initial wave of NFL players testing positive for COVID.  He just seems like an extremely conservative adult when it would come to being socially responsible, social distancing, etc.
This is exactly what a girlfriend of mine just texted me. 

said if they want to do contact tracing, just look at all the players IG accounts to see who they been hangin with. 

Although positive for COVID-19, Ezekiel Elliott is asymptomatic. 

Elliott was only tested after coming into contact with someone who tested positive. One of many asymptomatic cases in the elite athletic world, Elliott is a reminder of the coronavirus' many vexing issues. The restart of American athletics will not be lacking for either physical or moral conundrums. 

SOURCE: Patrik Walker on Twitter 

Jun 15, 2020, 7:28 PM ET

Ezekiel Elliott said he’s “feeling normal” after testing positive for COVID-19 on June 15.

“I would say I had maybe one or two days when I felt symptoms,” Elliott told media in a Zoom conference Wednesday. “Even then, it wasn’t too bad. I had a cough and a little bit of shortness of breath. Now, I feel good. I feel normal.” Elliott was initially diagnosed as asymptomatic and remains clear of any symptoms at this time. Expect more cases for those reporting to facilities leading up to training camp.

SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter

Jun 24, 2020, 3:30 PM ET

Marcus Mosher@Marcus_Mosher

One NFL offensive coach ranked #Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott as the 11th-best RB in the NFL. "Very few breakout runs, doesn't look as strong anymore. Feels like he's about 60 to 70 percent of what he was."

Marcus Mosher@Marcus_Mosher

One NFL offensive coach ranked #Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott as the 11th-best RB in the NFL. "Very few breakout runs, doesn't look as strong anymore. Feels like he's about 60 to 70 percent of what he was."
That rank has Adam Gase's coke powdered fingers all over it

Users who are viewing this thread