Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL


Faust

Recommended Posts

On 11/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, Wrigley said:

Zeke was just traded straight up for Kelce in my 12 team redraft 

In my 10 team redraft, I traded Zeke for K. Allen

I still have Conner, Edmonds, Swift, R. Jones and J. Jackson left. 

What do you think? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I traded Zeke for Dionte Johnson and Mosteert yesterday.  It was the best deal I could get.  12 team redraft big money league

If Mosert comes back healthy that's a good trade. 

My league doesn't trade much so I was happy to get mine done. Owners are afraid of getting burned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott (hamstring) did rehab work during individual drills at Thursday's practice. 

Elliott was limited during Wednesday's practice with the hamstring issue. Though he's still on track to play this week against Pittsburgh, a Friday downgrade could mean a big workload for Tony Pollard this week against the Steelers. Elliott should not be considered a fantasy RB1 in the current iteration of the Dallas offense. He's averaged 3.7 yards per carry over the team's past three games while averaging 10.1 PPR points per contest. 

RELATED: 

Tony Pollard

SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter 

Nov 5, 2020, 1:06 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

Where do you guys view Zeke compared to someone like Lindsay? 

I'm thinking Zeke wil be good for 7 pts per game, but no ceiling anymore. Does Dalton really change things? Lindsay could at least pop off once in awhile. 

I get the frustration and disappointment, but Zeke is still quite a bit ahead of Lindsay in my opinion. Even against the Steelers this week, let alone for the ROS.

Dalton will help quite a bit. Competent, but nothing special, beats awful. Its just a far cry from the really good that Dak was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading this thread helped validate what I thought I had seen over the last several games in Zeke’s play.  Kind of reminds me of how David Johnson looked last season after he was initially injured.  Not saying it’s an injury just saying the drop in play and more so production is reminiscent.  As some have said, just not the same burst he used to have.  I also like and agree with the RB usage theory floated earlier.  Well said.

I posted this in the dynasty trade thread but figured I’d share here for info:

12 team Superflex PPR TE Premium

My team is in 5th but I am very weak at QB with only Matt Ryan, Darnold, Fitzpatrick and Rypien.

 

I gave:  Zeke and a 2022 2nd

I got: Swift and a (likely top 5 or better) 2021 1st 

Not convinced Zeke and Swift's value is all that different now to end of year, so hoping Swift keeps progressing and this 1st lets me hopefully target a QB in next year's draft.

Edited by battlestar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 9 against the Steelers. 

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore said it's a "wait-and-see thing" when asked about Elliott's potential workload against Pittsburgh. Limited in practice throughout the week after tweaking the hamstring late in Week 8's loss to the Eagles, Elliott has puts fantasy managers in a tough spot. It's not often that a first round pick should be treated as a RB3 option, but that's exactly what fantasy players should do in Week 9. Tony Pollard would become an intriguing start if Zeke sits. Pollard should be rostered in all formats. 

RELATED: 

Tony Pollard

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter 

Nov 6, 2020, 4:44 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You sensed Dak getting his leg broke?

Because in the 5 games Dak played Elliott had 28,24,28, 23 and 24 in ppr

16 in a terrible loss to Ari

🤷‍♂️

Buy low time, people see what they want to see and make up stories to fit their narrative. This year is wasted, but hopefully Dak is back next year and the o'line is much healthier. Unfortunately I don't see McCarthy going anywhere until after next year though so temper expectations.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

Buy low time, people see what they want to see and make up stories to fit their narrative. This year is wasted, but hopefully Dak is back next year and the o'line is much healthier. Unfortunately I don't see McCarthy going anywhere until after next year though so temper expectations.

Bingo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

I agree the offense will be better next year with Dak and the offensive line back in place, but Zeke, for the most part, has looked pretty pedestrian to me and is clearly starting to wear down 

He looked good to me earlier in the season. 

Clearly has a hammy issue now which is going to make guys look slower. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Curious of any other deals for him recently. He’s only 25 but doesn’t look the same. 

I have him rostered in a salary-cap, keeper league.  Based on his salary and performance this year, he is not an attractive keeper option.  That being said, he is a starting RB who gets the majority of his team's RB work. 

Prior to last week, I offered him to another in my league who is strong at WR and weak at RB, and was sitting in the 1st spot OUT of the playoffs (1 game back).

Other owner has Hill, M Thomas, C. Ridley, T Higgins, D Parker, and J Crowder at WR (start 2 RBs and 2 WRs, plus 2 flex each week).  He has Breida, Fournette, Hines, and J Kelley at RB (he lost Barkley earlier this year, lost then traded away Ekeler, and currently has David Johnson on IR).

Last Sunday was our trade deadline and he has 6 viable starting WR options but just 2 RB2's (Breida & Fournette) and 2 RBBC guys (Hines & Kelley) at RB.

I offered Zeke and Duke Johnson for T. Hill.  Keep in mind Duke was being viewed as a hot RB option last week, once David Johnson went on IR.

He replied almost instantly and said he had no interest in Zeke.  Didn't even offer one of his other WRs (that he can't start); just said no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bayhawks said:

I have him rostered in a salary-cap, keeper league.  Based on his salary and performance this year, he is not an attractive keeper option.  That being said, he is a starting RB who gets the majority of his team's RB work. 

Prior to last week, I offered him to another in my league who is strong at WR and weak at RB, and was sitting in the 1st spot OUT of the playoffs (1 game back).

Other owner has Hill, M Thomas, C. Ridley, T Higgins, D Parker, and J Crowder at WR (start 2 RBs and 2 WRs, plus 2 flex each week).  He has Breida, Fournette, Hines, and J Kelley at RB (he lost Barkley earlier this year, lost then traded away Ekeler, and currently has David Johnson on IR).

Last Sunday was our trade deadline and he has 6 viable starting WR options but just 2 RB2's (Breida & Fournette) and 2 RBBC guys (Hines & Kelley) at RB.

I offered Zeke and Duke Johnson for T. Hill.  Keep in mind Duke was being viewed as a hot RB option last week, once David Johnson went on IR.

He replied almost instantly and said he had no interest in Zeke.  Didn't even offer one of his other WRs (that he can't start); just said no.

Geez, what a fall from grace. I was thinking more in terms of dynasty. I was offered Zeke for McLaurin and a 1st today so was just curious. I’m not a top contender so I’ll probably pass but was just curious to see what the going rate for him is. His numbers were still ok with Dak, and there’s so few bell cows out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I would have jumped at the deal Bayhawks offered unless I am missing some detail like contract years or something.

I would likely turn down the offer 3 hour lunch had although its not unreasonable. That is actually close I think. I would want at least that to part with Elliot.

Currently Elliot is RB 6 in fantasy PPR scoring. He has been a top 10 RB every season he has been in the league. His efficiency stats are down this year but I think that is more the offensive line and less of a throwing threat without Dak as the main reasons for that.

He has been a top 10 RB in fantasy every season so far for his career. He has at least one more in him after this if he stays healthy, and looking at his draft position along with him being a 21 year old RB entering the league, he actually has 3 more seasons of useful productivity left after this season although there may be some decline in performance 2022 or 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

I think I would have jumped at the deal Bayhawks offered unless I am missing some detail like contract years or something.

I would likely turn down the offer 3 hour lunch had although its not unreasonable. That is actually close I think. I would want at least that to part with Elliot.

Currently Elliot is RB 6 in fantasy PPR scoring. He has been a top 10 RB every season he has been in the league. His efficiency stats are down this year but I think that is more the offensive line and less of a throwing threat without Dak as the main reasons for that.

He has been a top 10 RB in fantasy every season so far for his career. He has at least one more in him after this if he stays healthy, and looking at his draft position along with him being a 21 year old RB entering the league, he actually has 3 more seasons of useful productivity left after this season although there may be some decline in performance 2022 or 2023.

Not really any contract issues.  Both Zeke & Hill's contracts make them unlikely to be kept.  Duke wouldn't be a keeper b/c of value/performance.

Other owner just wasn't interested in Zeke.  Didn't want to counter with a lesser WR for Zeke; just no interest.  In light of full disclosure, I wouldn't have traded Zeke for any of the other WRs, except Thomas, but he had just acquired Thomas & I doubt he'd have traded him for Zeke either.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Dynasty:

Zeke is a newly high paid mental midget that’s greatly dependent upon an above average OL. 
Make your decisions accordingly. 

and whose backup does more with limited touches, AND doesn't fumble. For the life of me, I don't get how people are so high on Zeke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

and whose backup does more with limited touches, AND doesn't fumble. For the life of me, I don't get how people are so high on Zeke. 

I mean he's clearly playing with a hamstring injury.  Whether that gets resolved this year or not is a fair question but 4-5 weeks ago he looked like a totally different player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, rockaction said:

I roster him. Make me an offer. (That's my mindset, frankly.)

I am going to send out some feelers in my leagues.  Wondering how low owners are willing to accept right now.  Trade calcs have his value way down.

Would Hunt+Carson interest you?  Trade calcs actually have that even if not favoring Hunt side, and it kind of works out in one of my leagues as the guy with Zeke is a contender that has lost all his other RBs to injury and has no RB2.

In another league, how far often are Mixon/Zeke to you?  Calcs have the difference at about Mixon/2nd = Zeke.  I would imagine I am as ready to get out from under Mixon as Zeke owners are to get out from under him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dallas Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott on dip in production: It's been tough

Quote

 Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. "He gave a gutty performance [against Pittsburgh] where he wasn't able to practice. Certainly had a little nagging hamstring. He just made some really solid, dirty runs and I think Zeke is a great player and -- just like everybody else on this team -- [has] been put in some challenging and tough positions. But he keeps competing."

I wonder about this. If he has a hamstring thats the kind of thing that needs rest and playing through it adds risk of cascade injury. So if this is serious then why is he playing through it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Dallas Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott on dip in production: It's been tough

I wonder about this. If he has a hamstring thats the kind of thing that needs rest and playing through it adds risk of cascade injury. So if this is serious then why is he playing through it?

I imagine they will shut him down at the end of the year, especially with nothing to play for....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I am going to send out some feelers in my leagues.  Wondering how low owners are willing to accept right now.  Trade calcs have his value way down.

Would Hunt+Carson interest you?  Trade calcs actually have that even if not favoring Hunt side, and it kind of works out in one of my leagues as the guy with Zeke is a contender that has lost all his other RBs to injury and has no RB2.

In another league, how far often are Mixon/Zeke to you?  Calcs have the difference at about Mixon/2nd = Zeke.  I would imagine I am as ready to get out from under Mixon as Zeke owners are to get out from under him.

I guess I'm too far off. Hunt and Carson doesn't really interest me given Carson's injury history. (He's hurt every year for at least three games and owners wonder why other owners don't want him). Hunt plus young receiver like Claypool would (I play PPR). Calcs have that even slightly in favor of Hunt/Claypool sender. Mixon plus late first might pique interest, but I don't like foot injuries. 

I'd see what receivers you had. Jefferson plus Drake or player of same caliber would likely get it done. Jefferson's value alone is too light straight up, even according to calcs.

Looks like maybe Zeke is a hold right now, considering...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I guess I'm too far off. Hunt and Carson doesn't really interest me given Carson's injury history. (He's hurt every year for at least three games and owners wonder why other owners don't want him). Hunt plus young receiver like Claypool would (I play PPR). Calcs have that even slightly in favor of Hunt/Claypool sender. Mixon plus late first might pique interest, but I don't like foot injuries. 

I'd see what receivers you had. Jefferson plus Drake or player of same caliber would likely get it done. Jefferson's value alone is too light straight up, even according to calcs.

Looks like maybe Zeke is a hold right now, considering...

Yeah looks like Zeke's value is all over the place depending on the owner.

I offered Hunt/Carson/1st for Zeke and he sent me a message saying he would move Zeke/3rd for Barkley/Swift and not any less than that.  Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yeah looks like Zeke's value is all over the place depending on the owner.

I offered Hunt/Carson/1st for Zeke and he sent me a message saying he would move Zeke/3rd for Barkley/Swift and not any less than that.  Lol.

I would have seriously considered your offer before rejecting it. My big hang-up is Carson in that deal. If you tried somebody different -- even lesser on the calcs -- that would move the needle for me to seriously consider it again. It just feels like forever since he's suited up (it hasn't been that long, really). It also just seems like foot injuries are not to be taken lightly.

Zeke/3rd for Barkley/Swift is wishful thinking, IMHO. That's like inviting him to pick your roster clean. Zeke is twenty-five. He's no spring chicken at RB, even though I know we've talked about RBs and you've asserted that it's the talent of the running back, not the age. I'm still holding that age and performance, ceteris paribus, are statistically significant. But that's why I'm not demanding Barkley and Swift for Zeke/3rd. I have tempered expectations. 

More people like you should play in our league. As Andy has noted, our league is flinty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yeah looks like Zeke's value is all over the place depending on the owner.

I offered Hunt/Carson/1st for Zeke and he sent me a message saying he would move Zeke/3rd for Barkley/Swift and not any less than that.  Lol.

A girl can dream right?

Need to step gingerly with such a high profile player.

Barkley has some serious recovery to do but he is still young. Terry Allen had two ACL injuries near the start of his career. I am hopeful we might see Barkley playing at a high level again but who knows? Would be a crying shame if he can't. Any way you slice it though Barkley or Swift are worth more than a 3rd rounder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just offered an owner Zeke for Dobbins/Pittman/2 2nds/Cole Holcomb (IDP). It's an extension of prior negotiations where he'd offered Dobbins and Pittman.

We'll see. Dobbins just went for over a hundred when Ingram was out and I'm all about next year and not this one. 

Edited by rockaction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zeke's dynasty value remains elite, in my estimation.  A lot of people seem to be chicken littleing because the Dallas offense is struggling without Dak right now, but Zeke is only 25 years old, he has never had a serious injury, and, despite his current woes, there is no indication Zeke's skills have suddenly diminished.  The Dallas O-line is struggling, defenses are stacking the box, and Zeke has gutted it out through a lingering hamstring injury.  Relax.  With the return of Dak Prescott in 2021, the Cowboys should have one of the more prolific offenses in the league.  Opposing defenses will have to contend with a myriad of weapons downfield, and that should open up the running game for Zeke.  I'm not selling my shares of Zeke for anything less than top dollar.  This isn't the time to sell Zeke.  It is the time to buy low in dynasty where you can from owners who are panicking.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, socrates said:

Zeke's dynasty value remains elite, in my estimation.  A lot of people seem to be chicken littleing because the Dallas offense is struggling without Dak right now, but Zeke is only 25 years old, he has never had a serious injury, and, despite his current woes, there is no indication Zeke's skills have suddenly diminished.  

"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...