What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (1 Viewer)

Anyone care to explain the fair price for Elliott in Dynasty..

Im not asking what position he may be drafted..

Im asking post draft value
IMO he's a top 5 RB at this point. That says as much about the RB landscape currently as anything.

1. LeVeon Bell- Everything that you'd want in your FF RB. Injuries becoming a heightened concern though?

2. Todd Gurley -That offense is miserable however, and how are they going to get a QB?

3. David Johnson -Looks great and a perfect situation, but how much of this was the fresh legs late in the season factor?

Others:

Devonta Freeman -Look at his 2nd half stats

Doug Martin -Do you trust him?

Lamar Miller -New team?

Jeremy Hill -Starting to get back to 2014 form.

TJ Yeldon -Pass first team at this point.

LeSean McCoy -Will be 28 next season.

Mark Ingram

Eddie Lacy

Post NFL draft or post dynasty draft?
For me, It would have been post 'Dynasty draft'.. But I think Taylor already answered my post..

Im not sure I would be willing to trade Antonio Brown.. I know I wouldnt trade OBJ (but that doesnt mean its not a good trade)

Thanx for the responses..

I wish the best for Elliott, but the last time I desired a back this much? He went to Cleveland Ooph.

Roto World put up their first mock draft of the year.

Ezekiel Elliot didn't make it into the first round.

---------------

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/59423/344/nfl-mock-draft-version-10
Norris came out with his Big Board. Looks like it was an oversight not having him in the 1st round in the mock draft. He's #5 on the big board.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/59648/325/nfl-draft-rankings-big-board
Norris doesn't have any quarterbacks listed in his top 25.

I can see how someone projecting a top 25 could overlook 3 of the top QBs the way that both Cook and Lynch finished their seasons and the fact Wentz is from such a small school and I also know Goff has detractors but I think he will go in the top twenty five.

He doesn't deserve to be ranked with Winston and Mariota and I'm not crazy about the system he comes from or a thin frame and the fact he doesn't have a big gun for an arm but if he has a chance to turn into a very good NFL QB provided he lands in the right situation with the right, coach, scheme, supporting cast.

Norris obviously feels the talent won't match up with how players will go off the board since he had Lynch going second to the Browns but no other QB taken in his mock from Jan 5 but I think Ezekiel Elliot should go in the first round in his updated mocks and he might come around on a QB and rate him as a top 25 talent before the evaluating process is complete.

Rotoworld:

Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Buckeyes

Draft Countdown's Scott Wright noted that he would rank Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as a prospect somewhere between Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon from last year's draft.

For reference's sake, Gurley was drafted by the (then) St. Louis Rams with the 10th overall selection in the 2015 draft, while the (soon-to-be-Los-Angeles?) Chargers scooped up Gordon at No. 15. Analyst Wright wrote that Elliott "isn't a special talent, but he's awfully good." Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris would go further than "awfully good." In his eyes, the 6-foot, 225-pound runner is a "foundation piece of an NFL offense and a complete back." He checks in at No. 5 in Norris' latest prospect rankings. If Elliott's not the first running back taken in this spring's draft, something wonky will be afoot.

Source: Scott Wright on Twitter

Jan 16 - 7:47 PM

I'm very early in watching these guys but Zeke is a beautiful player to watch. I'll just do a quick Pro's/Con's.

Pros:

- Doesn't allow defenders to tackle him with their center line. This is what sets him apart.

- Catches nicely out of the back field.

- Has decent long speed.

- Has excellent first row vision.

- Good blocking/willingness to block in both running and passing situations.

- Good power but it is also setup by his running style.

- Above average burst.

- Great awareness. For the situations, other players and his body positioning.

- Seems durable.

Cons:

- Can be pushed back or knocked over when pass protecting.

- Doesn't always see the second tier of defenders well.

- OL usually gave him the 3-4 yards.*I don't know if that's overly a knock against him.*

- Doesn't "special" burst. I don't see that one cut and "Wow. He's gone." burst.

- Can be run down.

- Rarely punishes defenders. This however plays into his number 1 "Pro" so, take it with a grain of salt.

Pro Comp:

Emmitt Smith. In honesty, I can't say I was watching football and Emmitt the way I watch football now, during his prime. The reason that I use Smith as the comparison is that from the almost everyone that I talk Emmitt Smith was never the best back in the league. However, he now gets into the best RB of all time talks. Zeke isn't Gurley or AP but he is a great player that can do everything very well. I think the way he runs sets him up for a long career as well.

I offered Abdullah, Agholor, a late 1st and 2nd for him in a devy league the other day and was declined, no counter. Just as a measuring stick for those talking value.

ConnSKINS26 said:
I offered Abdullah, Agholor, a late 1st and 2nd for him in a devy league the other day and was declined, no counter. Just as a measuring stick for those talking value.
Seems like a chump dump to me. Not surprised that he turned it down.

Kind of hard to give a post draft value until we learn where he lands.

At this point, I think he's the 5th best dynasty RB, which speaks more to the horrific landscape at the position than it does Elliott's talent.

Kind of hard to give a post draft value until we learn where he lands.

At this point, I think he's the 5th best dynasty RB, which speaks more to the horrific landscape at the position than it does Elliott's talent.
Top 4? Bell, Gurley, D.Johnson, Freeman?

Rotoworld:

Draft Countdown's Scott Wright noted that he would rank Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as a prospect somewhere between Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon from last year's draft.

For reference's sake, Gurley was drafted by the (then) St. Louis Rams with the 10th overall selection in the 2015 draft, while the (soon-to-be-Los-Angeles?) Chargers scooped up Gordon at No. 15. Analyst Wright wrote that Elliott "isn't a special talent, but he's awfully good." Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris would go further than "awfully good." In his eyes, the 6-foot, 225-pound runner is a "foundation piece of an NFL offense and a complete back." He checks in at No. 5 in Norris' latest prospect rankings. If Elliott's not the first running back taken in this spring's draft, something wonky will be afoot.

Source: Scott Wright on Twitter

Jan 16 - 7:47 PM
Is Elliot 225 pounds? I feel like that's pretty generous. Seems around the 215 range to me.

225-215 is whatever. Weight one way or the other isn't an issue with Elliot. You would be nitpicking to argue his weight. The ten pound difference doesn't impact the type of runner or back that he is. Water consumption will drift his weight. Honestly, there might be issues you find with his game but don't let his weight be a concern.

225-215 is whatever. Weight one way or the other isn't an issue with Elliot. You would be nitpicking to argue his weight. The ten pound difference doesn't impact the type of runner or back that he is. Water consumption will drift his weight. Honestly, there might be issues you find with his game but don't let his weight be a concern.
I'm not saying its a bad thing? Just don't think he weighs that much. Lots of good prospects come out at 215 or less and have great careers.

You're questioning his weight and all I'm saying is that 225 or 215 in this case, it doesn't matter. You can argue this or that or that for RBs of the past but for Elliot this swing doesn't really mean anything.

Ya, it was just an observation. If he was 225 he likely wouldn't get muscled around in pass pro like he does at times.

Ya, it was just an observation. If he was 225 he likely wouldn't get muscled around in pass pro like he does at times.
I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not right now. Do you actually think if he was 225 vs 215 it would have a major impact on how he takes on 280 and up pass rushers? On top of that we are talking about less than 5% of an adjustment in his body weight. Especially for the range that we are talking about. If was 205-215 the maybe he is light and if he is 225-235 maybe he is a bit heavy but 215-225 seems to right in the sweet spot for RB weights.

It truly seems like you're nitpicking and trying to turn that into something that you catch me in an argument with. If you're trying to say he needs to improve some technical aspect of his pass protection then I'm likely to agree with what you've seen on tape but otherwise I think you're just grasping at straws with the weight thing.

Note to self... Don't say anything negative about Elliot in this thread. Got it. I didn't argue anything, in any of my posts that said Elliot was going to be a bad player because he weighed 215 pounds. I only commented on the fact that Josh Norris said Elliot was 225lbs, and I thought he looked more in the 215 range. That is all.

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not right now. Do you actually think if he was 225 vs 215 it would have a major impact on how he takes on 280 and up pass rushers? On top of that we are talking about less than 5% of an adjustment in his body weight. Especially for the range that we are talking about. If was 205-215 the maybe he is light and if he is 225-235 maybe he is a bit heavy but 215-225 seems to right in the sweet spot for RB weights. It truly seems like you're nitpicking and trying to turn that into something that you catch me in an argument with. If you're trying to say he needs to improve some technical aspect of his pass protection then I'm likely to agree with what you've seen on tape but otherwise I think you're just grasping at straws with the weight thing.
Really looked like an observation to me. I think you're getting bunched about nothing here.

What are these comments about him getting muscled around in pass pro about? I think I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread as well. If anything, people are describing him as the best pass blocking RB to ever come out of college.

Zeke perfect in pass protection

During the 103 snaps Elliott was tasked with protecting the passer, the Buckeyes' quarterback wasn't sacked, hit, or even hurried one single time, according to Pro Football Focus.
Brian Billick on Elliot's pass protection

Ezekiel Elliott's pass protection and blitz pickup is as refined as any RB I can remember at the collegiate level.
Reporters laugh at how good he is at pass protection

Where is this nonsense that he needs to improve his pass protection coming from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Assuming that he's a 1st round NFL draft pick, I'd say 2nd-3rd round startup value. There's a serious shortage of young franchise backs in the NFL right now and he carries big name brand value. Even if he's slow out of the gate ala Ingram, he will still carry good trade value.

I have the 1.01 in two leagues and will probably take him if he looks okay at the combine and gets picked in the 1st round. Looks like a pretty safe prospect to me. May not be elite, but could be and seems to have a high floor.

:blackdot: Elliott would be my pick today at 1.01 (2RB, 3WR, non-ppr).
Whats "non-ppr" got to do w/ this guy? I play 2QB PPR, and would love to draft him at 1.1! Honestly, it would take two things for me not too 1) Terrible landing spot 2) This board just raving on n on about one of the QB's

Are we talking best player available for Dynasty?

Note to self... Don't say anything negative about Elliot in this thread. Got it. I didn't argue anything, in any of my posts that said Elliot was going to be a bad player because he weighed 215 pounds. I only commented on the fact that Josh Norris said Elliot was 225lbs, and I thought he looked more in the 215 range. That is all.
I agree... You asked a simple question and now he thinks you're trolling him?

I had him at 100 kilograms myself.

Rotoworld:

In his most recent mock ESPN draft analyst, Todd McShay has the Jets selecting Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott with the 20th selection.

Somewhere around the 20th pick is where most experts see Elliott being drafted, with NFL Media's Chad Reuter, Lance Zierlein and Bucky Brooks all predicting that the Texans will take him with the 22nd pick in their most recent mock-ups. As for McShay, the longtime draft insider called the 6-foot, 225-pound Ohio State product the best run-blocker he's ever studied. Of note, the lone dissenter in regards to Elliott-to-the-Texans on NFL.com, Daniel Jeremiah booked Elliott to the Giants at No. 10. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler did likewise in a late January mock draft.

Source: ESPN Insider

Feb 4 - 9:19 PM

Reminds me a lot of Doug Martin. Wouldn't be surprised if he measured closer to 5'9".

-He's definitely 225+. He was up to 225 by the spring of his true freshman season. I was posting about his weight gain here at that time and advocating for him as a devy pick. He hasn't lost weight since. He's just a solidly built guy and he's a legit 5'11. Not sure where the 5'9 stuff is coming from.

-I think some are underestimating his burst and overall speed just a little bit. He was a sub 14-second 110M hurdler in high school (and mizzou state champ). I've always felt that hurdling times are the best approximation of football speed and burst you can find and those are really good numbers. I suspect people are going to be pleasantly surprised when they see his 40 time as well. He ran a 4.42 at The Opening back in high school (3rd fastest overall at that camp for elite HS prospects) and I think you'll see a 40-time in that same range at the combine.

-Maybe some minor off-field concerns (likes to party a lot in the offseason), but doesn't seem to be a problem overall or during the season. Think Gronkowski.

gianmarco said:
Awesome shtick if he names every team leading up to the draft in various interviews.
I was thinking the same thing after I watched that second video.

Bracie Smathers said:
Faust said:
Today he said that he wants to get drafted by the Bears. :P

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/ezekiel-elliotts-dream-nfl-destination-211423918.html?soc_src=default

Ezekiel Elliott's dream NFL destination by Yahoo Sports Videos 1:29 mins
That's not at all what he said. He said his RB coach from sophomore season was with the Bears and that would be a dream situation to play for him. I'm pretty sure any 20 year old kid on the verge of being drafted early is going to find an awful lot of dream situations to imagine.

I figure his dream will be to play for Tennessee, right up until they select Tunsil. Then he'll have always wanted to play for Cleveland until they select Lynch. Then he would just love to play for...

I agree.

There are a lot of people who think 210 or 215 is too small. Never understood that.

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein lists Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as the No. 4 overall prospect in this draft class.

Interestingly, the analyst compares the reigning Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year (1,821 yards, 23 TD rushing; 27-206 receiving) to Edgerrin James. "Elite, three­-down running back who has the ability to excel in every facet of the game," he wrote. "Elliott has rare combination of size, athleticism, pass-­catching and blocking skills and his competitive nature is always bubbling on the surface. While he’s had to handle a heavy workload over the last two seasons, Elliot should still come out of the gates as one of the most productive young running backs in the league." Zierlein's NFL Media colleagues Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks recently discussed Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans as possible destinations for Zeke.

Source: NFL.com
Feb 10 - 7:23 PM

The latest I've been hearing has him going to the Jets.
I think he could go anywhere. I'd say 75% of the teams don't have a solid situation at RB but you could make an argument that every team has bigger needs than RB. I think he's the one "first round lock" that it's not worth speculating on. I'm not saying you shouldn't if you enjoy doing so, just maybe don't get your hopes up for any of the speculated landing spots. *Not saying that you did.

Rotoworld:

Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott said, "I think the thing that sets me apart [from other NFL-hopeful RB prospects] is just my versatility."

Said Elliott, "I'm a guy [who] can play three downs. You don't have to take me off the field. I value blocking more than anything. I obviously love to run the ball, and I think I have great hands out of the backfield." The 6-foot, 225-pounder also addressed his comments thrashing the Ohio State coaching staff after he was given just 12 carries in a loss to Michigan State on November 21. That would be the Buckeyes' only loss of the 2015 campaign. "That was a great learning moment for me. I was emotional," Elliott said. "What teams want is a competitor, and that's what I am. That's where that came from."

Source: ESPN.com
Feb 25 - 8:44 PM

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks compares Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott to Frank Gore.

"Explosive downhill runner with exceptional vision, balance and body control. Elliott excels running between the tackles, but also flashes the speed and quickness to turn the corner on outside runs," Brooks wrote. "He displays the versatility to contribute as a receiver or blocker in the passing game." The analyst sees the Texans, Jets and Colts as potential fits. Wherever he goes, his employer will have as much difficulty identifying holes in Zeke's game as Brooks did. "Elliott is a remarkable runner with explosive short-area speed and quickness, but he is not necessarily a speed demon on the perimeter," he wrote. "Despite notching a number of big runs throughout his career, Elliott is more of a grinder than big-play back." Brooks' colleague Lance Zierlein compares Elliott to Edgerrin James. 
Feb 25 - 11:31 AM

Source: NFL.com

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said that Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is "about as fast going sideways as he is going forward."

Mayock predicted Elliott's 40-time to fall in the range of 4.45. The analyst sees "lateral quickness and burst" as the critical difference between Elliott and Alabama RB Derrick Henry. While Henry's considered a potential second or third-round selection, the 6-foot, 225-pound Elliott has a very good chance of hearing his name called on Day 1. Mayock colleague Lance Zierlein has compared the former Buckeye to Colts great Edgerrin James, calling Zeke an "[e]lite, three-down running back."
Feb 23 - 10:51 PM

Source: NFL.com

ESPN's Bill Polian compared Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott to former Colts RB Edgerrin James.
Elliott participated in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday, clocking in at 4.47 seconds (with a 1.58 10-yard split). Rivals' Mike Farrell projects the 6-foot-2, 225-pounder to the Raiders at pick No. 14 in the outlet's most recent mock draft. In general, Elliott's being mocked somewhere between No. 10 and No. 31 in the first round. It would be a surprise if he slipped out of that range of 21 picks one way or another, but if we're going to offer a prediction, we think it's far, far more realistic that he lands in the top-10 than it is that he'll slide out of the first round completely.

Source: John Middlekauff on Twitter

Louis Riddick says he would be surprised if Zeke is NOT off of the board by the time Dallas picks with the 4th pick of the draft.

Wow!

------------

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN  2h2 hours ago
Have not heard the kind of praise for a RB like I have heard for Ezekiel Elliott as far as his football intelligence. #offthecharts

The Real Bean@bean1227

@LRiddickESPN Has he moved into Top 10?
Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN  1h1 hour ago
Louis Riddick Retweeted The Real Bean

I would be shocked if he is not picked before/by #Cowboys at 4.
Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN  1h1 hour ago
I get the whole "value" argument surrounding RB's. But. Many view Elliott as being a special combination of skills and character.

Users who are viewing this thread