What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (6 Viewers)

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson isn't certain to reach a decision in Ezekiel Elliott's appeal on Tuesday.

Henderson has told the sides he's aiming for a Tuesday resolution, but that it might not be possible due to the "volume of material." It's never easy in the NFL. Fantasy owners can only sit tight.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
What a freak show this is.

Now they are saying Henderson is not certain to reach a decision to day because of material...

Can we talk for a second how the beat writers in the NFL are not that good, they just retweet Shefters info or things they see quickly to appear as if they broke the news. Do they fact check or is it about breaking the story? such a shame. 

Now they are saying Henderson is not certain to reach a decision to day because of material...

Can we talk for a second how the beat writers in the NFL are not that good, they just retweet Shefters info or things they see quickly to appear as if they broke the news. Do they fact check or is it about breaking the story? such a shame. 
We draft at 6pm EST Wednesday.  Whoever has twitter open and checking the quickest likely gets the value.  Wish this was settled.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, citing a filing from the NFL Players Association, reported independent arbitrator Harold Henderson will rule on Elliott's appeal by the "close of business." 

So Henderson must have said this to someone or why would the NFLPA put this in their filing?

Good lord, this is remarkable. What a circus act.
Even if you believe Zeke did these things...I cant believe anyone likes how the NFL handles this business.

It is in the NFLs best interest to let an independent arbitrator handle this in the next CBA. This should be an easy bargaining chip for them, get 18 games from the players in exchange for it, be done.

The real problem is each case has so many variables, it's almost impossible to have a standard punishment scale. Zeke likely got 6 games because 1. it was a woman and 2. he has a history of other things (some alleged only). The league tends to dish out punishment based on what's the most politically correct thing to do to save face for the league. If Zeke hit a man I'm not sure he'd have any suspension... look at Tajae Sharpe... puts a guy unconscious for 12 hours with a concussion and facial fractures and he wasn't suspended at all. I would say hitting a woman is worse than hitting a man, but shouldn't both get a suspension? The reason the NFL is so worried about women is because it's a politically hot topic and the NFL had a black eye from it with Ray Rice and other bad behavior in the past. 

They can't be consistent with punishment because I don't think consistent standards exist; each case is its own in its uniqueness. So you're right, it's complex, and they're bad at it, but I do believe Goodell loves the power...
It's really ridiculous, Goodell just makes up in his head what's appropriate. Maybe they changed the rules this spring I can't remember, but I do recall that Peterson essentially 'won' and Goodell kept him out all year anyway.

Moonshine said:
Good lord, this is remarkable. What a circus act.
This whole thing is silly but this isn't really that important in the real world so the guys who report this stuff are not really held to any standards so we get all these meaningless updates and false reports.

Schefter has made millions off of reporting some of the dumbest stuff that is right about half the time.

Mavis said:

Try the entire media.  As an aside, why would the sector attract anyone with talent?  Dying industry.

This whole thing is silly but this isn't really that important in the real world so the guys who report this stuff are not really held to any standards so we get all these meaningless updates and false reports.

Schefter has made millions off of reporting some of the dumbest stuff that is right about half the time.
I think there's a weather man joke somewhere in here, however I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
So where should I aim to get him in my 10 team redraft tonight?  mid 3rd?  Where's he been going?

So where should I aim to get him in my 10 team redraft tonight?  mid 3rd?  Where's he been going?
Depends on league scoring, but I'd be surprised if you could get him much beyond the middle of the second in a ten teamer. Even then, I'd put decent money on him going before that.

Clarence Hill Jr ‏Verified account @clarencehilljr

Elliott defense team is not happy about the Henderson delay. Suspect it's a tactic.

:popcorn:

Depends on league scoring, but I'd be surprised if you could get him much beyond the middle of the second in a ten teamer. Even then, I'd put decent money on him going before that.
I'm picking at 10 ... have some nice keeper options, so I'm seriously considering at pick 11 overall.

Shocking.  NFL playing games.  Who would have thought?
How is it the arbitrator and the NFL can make their decision based on a court ruling on a injunction and not the fact of the case? Clearly it means they are waiting for that to make up their mind.

This is kinda absurd. 

Shocking.  NFL playing games.  Who would have thought?
Of course it's a tactic; just as the NFLPA filing their lawsuit BEFORE there was reason to do so (in order to try to get the case in a court that might be friendlier to Zeke, than the NY courts the NFL would prefer) was a tactic.

Lets not be naive & pretend the NFLPA isn't playing games, as well.

so Henderson delaying his judgement so the judge tonight will be forced to not give an injunction because the suspension appeal process is not over?

Lots of maneuvering going on

Of course it's a tactic; just as the NFLPA filing their lawsuit BEFORE there was reason to do so (in order to try to get the case in a court that might be friendlier to Zeke, than the NY courts the NFL would prefer) was a tactic.

Lets not be naive & pretend the NFLPA isn't playing games, as well.
No disagreement here.  That's why I wasn't shocked.

No disagreement here.  That's why I wasn't shocked.
Right.  If Zeke has his lawsuit dismissed, it doesn't prove he's guilty, any more than it would prove he's innocent if the court does throw it out.  It's no longer about guilt/innocence, it's about legal position/advantage.  Unfortunately for Zeke, the NFL probably has the edge in those areas.

I have pick 9 in a 12 team ppr draft tonight.  6 of 12 teams make the playoffs and I have made the playoffs every year in this league.  Seriously considering taking him at 9.  Not sure he will be there at pick 16.

so Henderson delaying his judgement so the judge tonight will be forced to not give an injunction because the suspension appeal process is not over?

Lots of maneuvering going on
Very possible.  The NFL doesn't want the case heard in a court that doesn't lean towards their side.  If the get the injunction suit thrown out, they'll likely try to position any court case in a court that will be friendlier to their side.

Very possible.  The NFL doesn't want the case heard in a court that doesn't lean towards their side.  If the get the injunction suit thrown out, they'll likely try to position any court case in a court that will be friendlier to their side.
This should have no bearing on the arbitrators ruling and also goes against the collective bargained "reasonable time" for a ruling on an appeal. 

This should have no bearing on the arbitrators ruling and also goes against the collective bargained "reasonable time" for a ruling on an appeal. 
This isn't a legal utopia, it's the real world.  Obviously it shouldn't have a bearing on the ruling & it skirts the CBA.  Just as the NFLPA trying to file a lawsuit that they have no right to file at this time in order to try to get a more favorable court is bending the rules.  Several posts in a row have discussed the legal tactics being used by both sides in this case.  I'm not saying it's right or the at things should be done, just that's likely what is happening.

This isn't a legal utopia, it's the real world.  Obviously it shouldn't have a bearing on the ruling & it skirts the CBA.  Just as the NFLPA trying to file a lawsuit that they have no right to file at this time in order to try to get a more favorable court is bending the rules.  Several posts in a row have discussed the legal tactics being used by both sides in this case.  I'm not saying it's right or the at things should be done, just that's likely what is happening.
I wish some would just admit they hate Zeke, so surprised some love to side with the NFL and owners. If this wasnt Zeke, I wonder if peopel would be taking the view they have now on how the league is handling this. 

I wish some would just admit they hate Zeke, so surprised some love to side with the NFL and owners. If this wasnt Zeke, I wonder if peopel would be taking the view they have now on how the league is handling this. 
Who hates Zeke?  Who's "siding" with the NFL? And what would it matter anyway?  People on this board right now are likely concerned with FF impact of this situation.  Discussing the reality of what may happen (& that includes a very real likelihood that Zeke will miss games this year) isn't hating Zeke or siding with the NFL.

What FF benefit is there to saying "that girl is just a lying, gold-digging meanie," or "Goodell sucks," or "the NFL isn't playing fair?"  They might all be true, but that doesn't change the reality that a FF stud is likely to miss a big chunk of the season.

Who hates Zeke?  Who's "siding" with the NFL? And what would it matter anyway?  People on this board right now are likely concerned with FF impact of this situation.  Discussing the reality of what may happen (& that includes a very real likelihood that Zeke will miss games this year) isn't hating Zeke or siding with the NFL.
He pulled this in the Kaep thread.  I thought it was because he wanted race and respect of the flag issues to be brought to the forefront.  Now I am thinking this is his go to response when people don't agree with him over and over again.

He pulled this in the Kaep thread.  I thought it was because he wanted race and respect of the flag issues to be brought to the forefront.  Now I am thinking this is his go to response when people don't agree with him over and over again.
Yep... this kind of confusion is a common side effect when communicating with him. It brings a lot of frustration when you try to have a legitimate conversation. 

There are two sides to a coin, but there are many posters who fail to even recognize the other side and just call you a hater or something else inflammatory. It's hard to have good discussions with those folks. Not saying Mavis is specifically guilty of this, but something I've seen from several posters around here. 

What FF benefit is there to saying "that girl is just a lying, gold-digging meanie," or "Goodell sucks," or "the NFL isn't playing fair?"  They might all be true, but that doesn't change the reality that a FF stud is likely to miss a big chunk of the season.
I did not mention you at all, sorry you have a guilty conscience if you do. But its naive to say some dont judge him unfairly. If it was your quote that I quoted, it caught my eye as one sided.

It is clear some are against him here no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Yep... this kind of confusion is a common side effect from communicating with him. It brings a lot of frustration when you try to have a legitimate conversation. 
Dan, remember Joes thread about you saying you wont troll, do I need to share the link or report you. Please keep any discussion to Elliott?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757469-warning-novel-length-a-forum-manifesto/

Try to remain excellent.

Mavis said:
Dan, remember Joes thread about you saying you wont troll, do I need to share the link or report you. Please keep any discussion to Elliott?

Do not refer to me directly again or I will report you.
I'm not trolling. I am sharing in some frustration many many posters have publicly and many have shared with me privately. Mavis, there is a theme many posters have when trying to have discussions with you. When you start to think everyone is wrong but yourself, maybe you should take a second look at yourself. I don't believe you are intentional in how you deliver your message or posts, but there are some significant problems in how you present yourself that make it difficult for others to have discussions with you. I wish you'd take that criticism constructively rather than threatening reporting (glad I got the quote in before you changed it) or whatever else and making it destructive

You interject yourself into the most controversial threads in these forums and then you dig your heels in on a particular position. When someone disagrees with you, you don't take that very well. I'd encourage you to work on that. 

I'm not trolling. I am sharing in some frustration many many posters have publicly and many have shared with me privately. Mavis, there is a theme many posters have when trying to have discussions with you. When you start to think everyone is wrong but yourself, maybe you should take a second look at yourself. I don't believe you are intentional in how you deliver your message or posts, but there are some significant problems in how you present yourself that make it difficult for others to have discussions with you. I wish you'd take that criticism constructively rather than threatening reportings or whatever else and making it destructive

You interject yourself into the most controversial threads in these forums and then you dig your heels in on a particular position. When someone disagrees with you, you don't take that very well. I'd encourage you to work on that. 
You have no intention of discussing Elliott, I just took the liberty of reporting you. Sorry, this is not about me. 

You even said you would try better. My interactions with you are done.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757469-warning-novel-length-a-forum-manifesto/

People care about Elliott news, which I have been providing all day until you came to troll. 

This is personal, you have said as much in PMs. Please ignore me.

You have no intention of discussing Elliott, I just took the liberty of reporting you.

Sorry, this is not about me. 

You even said you would try better. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

smh... whatever makes you feel better Mavis. 

I would love to discuss Elliot, as I have the last several pages. When it turns into calling someone a "hater" then the discussion has gone off the rails

If you want to report me for what I said above, I can report you for violating the same "manifesto" for generalizing. Stupid 3rd grader stuff IMO

I'm not trolling. I am sharing in some frustration many many posters have publicly and many have shared with me privately. Mavis, there is a theme many posters have when trying to have discussions with you. When you start to think everyone is wrong but yourself, maybe you should take a second look at yourself. I don't believe you are intentional in how you deliver your message or posts, but there are some significant problems in how you present yourself that make it difficult for others to have discussions with you. I wish you'd take that criticism constructively rather than threatening reporting (glad I got the quote in before you changed it) or whatever else and making it destructive

Who are you talking to?  ;)

You've chosen to ignore content by Mavis. Options

Who are you talking to?  ;)
Yeah, Done, Thanks for reminding me about that feature. Been a while. 

I think I will be targeting him at 2.01 if he drops to me that far. I would expect him to. This news tonight kind of helps me out drafting tonight so we will see. 

I don't really understand this:
Tactic?

Why would delaying it be a tactic against Zeke? He can practice in the meantime, no? 

mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports 8m8 minutes ago

ALERT courtroom source to me: Judge Mazzant just askd #NFL if #EzekielElliott is onfield for #Cowboys this wk, even if HH rules. Answer: YES

*who really knows though. 

I think I will be targeting him at 2.01 if he drops to me that far. I would expect him to. This news tonight kind of helps me out drafting tonight so we will see. 

Tactic?

Why would delaying it be a tactic against Zeke? He can practice in the meantime, no? 
Venue.

Get it thrown out of Texas court, then announce, then NFL files in New York.

POS NFL BS.

Tactic?

From what I read this would be because then Zekes team couldn't fight the fact that they ruled against him (due to the decision not being handed down yet).  I am not sure though.

Tactic?

Delay arbitration to get ruling at court to agree it is not ripe and then judge throws it out. As soon as that is done rule against Elliott.

Elliott's team can then re file but there's some gamesmanship going on here.

Users who are viewing this thread