What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports 8m8 minutes ago

ALERT courtroom source to me: Judge Mazzant just askd #NFL if #EzekielElliott is onfield for #Cowboys this wk, even if HH rules. Answer: YES

*who really knows though. 
WHOA! 

What do the betting markets say most recently about Elliott?  In betting markets that don't block out actors with inside information, to me that is usually the best indicator of what will happen.....

I did not mention you at all, sorry you have a guilty conscience if you do. But its naive to say some dont judge him unfairly. If it was your quote that I quoted, it caught my eye as one sided.

It is clear some are against him here no matter what.

Dan, remember Joes thread about you saying you wont troll, do I need to share the link or report you. Please keep any discussion to Elliott?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757469-warning-novel-length-a-forum-manifesto/

Try to remain excellent.
You quoted me when you said that. This is after you sent me a private message earlier essentially saying the same thing.  Don't try to pretend you were talking about "some people," in general. You were clearly directing your comment at me.  Why don't you stick to the topic & not throw barbs at those who you don't agree with?

ALERT courtroom source to me: Judge Mazzant just askd #NFL if #EzekielElliott is onfield for #Cowboys this wk, even if HH rules. Answer: YES

Charles Robinson replied to that tweet with the below:

If Henderson rules against #Cowboys Zeke Elliott and he can't get injunction, suspension wouldn't begin until week 2, regardless.

Makes sense.  The delay in a ruling from Henderson means that even if the suspension is upheld, Elliott will receive his Week 1 game pay; part of the terms of the suspension is that he would be suspended without pay.  Because of the delay, any suspension (with pay) could begin with Week #2 at the earliest.

I'm drafting in 1 hour.

Have Zeke in one league but with pick #10 don't think I can stomach Zeke in the top 15 picks.

Would love to get some semblance of news and analyst feedback.

This is crazy.

I'm drafting in 1 hour.

Have Zeke in one league but with pick #10 don't think I can stomach Zeke in the top 15 picks.

Would love to get some semblance of news and analyst feedback.

This is crazy.
Ditto. Only my draft is two hours from now

What do the betting markets say most recently about Elliott?  In betting markets that don't block out actors with inside information, to me that is usually the best indicator of what will happen.....
Running backs, even stud ones, aren't worth as many points as you would think.  Elite QBs are worth the most - basically a touchdown (Luck being out moved Colts from -3 to +3) . Pinnacle already has Dallas -3.5 so they aren't worried about crossing any key numbers.  Even if insiders know he is playing, might not move the line at all.

Zekes daddy...

Ambassador Elliott‏ @stacy_elliott

God's truth is prevailing! You don't have to write #FreeZeke! He was born FREE!

Giants had the #2 DVOA rank rush defense (maybe #3?) iirc and contained him pretty well last year anyways: 20/51/1 and 24/107/0.  It's not a great matchup for DAL RB anyways.

Running backs, even stud ones, aren't worth as many points as you would think.  Elite QBs are worth the most - basically a touchdown (Luck being out moved Colts from -3 to +3) . Pinnacle already has Dallas -3.5 so they aren't worried about crossing any key numbers.  Even if insiders know he is playing, might not move the line at all.
I think he is talking about odds of Zeke getting his suspension overturned. There were odds out there very favorable toward him being suspended.

In these cases you can "follow the money" and pretty much be right on most of the time. I can't find any betting that discusses odds of Zeke's suspension being overturned

Currently there are none on this website:

https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/nfl-special-props

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is talking about odds of Zeke getting his suspension overturned. There were odds out there very favorable toward him being suspended.

In these cases you can "follow the money" and pretty much be right on most of the time. I can't find any betting that discusses odds of Zeke's suspension being overturned

Currently there are none on this website:

https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/nfl-special-props
I agree with following the money.  If there were, I assume they were taken OTB some time ago.

Yeah well, if he's playing I think I'll take my chances...
Obviously, I was referencing the fact that when steam hits a betting market it's a good indication that people have information that isn't yet public.  Even if the game side doesn't move, it doesn't necessarily imply anything about an EE decision because RBs playing/not playing don't move lines significantly.

Are people really rooting for a "man" that beat on his girlfriend?  I'd rather see him out of football if the allegations are true.   There is no place for this.  

Giants had the #2 DVOA rank rush defense (maybe #3?) iirc and contained him pretty well last year anyways: 20/51/1 and 24/107/0.  It's not a great matchup for DAL RB anyways.
Zeke was the RB24 and the RB26 vs NYG last year while ranking as RB14 or higher all other 14 games. 

Saw this on twitter and the scoring system wasn't mentioned. 

Agreed...comment withdrawn.
No need to withdraw it. It's certainly a point worth noting, that as sports fans we root for some pretty bad guys on occasion. I have spent the last several years of my life rooting for Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger, two men who may have been rapists. I'd prefer not to know the details, so I don't have to feel guilty about cheering for them. 

Several sources now reporting that Elliot will be eligible to play Week 1. 
Yeah, never trust the NFL is what I have learned.

ProFootballTalk‏ Verified account @ProFootballTalk  25s26 seconds ago

Apparently NFL did about-face on "no Tuesday 4:00 p.m. ET deadline" routine & said he plays Sunday even if appeal decision comes Wednesday.

If it's the full suspension, or even 4 games, then I think I'd rather it start immediately. i calculated that without him my team needs to tread water and go .500 and I'll be OK. 

Or..would it better to start 1-0 and then take the hit? 

No need to withdraw it. It's certainly a point worth noting, that as sports fans we root for some pretty bad guys on occasion. I have spent the last several years of my life rooting for Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger, two men who may have been rapists. I'd prefer not to know the details, so I don't have to feel guilty about cheering for them. 
When it comes to money I will hope for good statistics from my players to win me games and win me money. Outside of that, I couldn't care less what these athletes amount to. I try not to draft these kinds of guys, but at the end of the day many elite athletes aren't upstanding citizens. Much of it we don't hear about TBH...

Yeah, never trust the NFL is what I have learned.

ProFootballTalk‏ Verified account @ProFootballTalk  25s26 seconds ago

Apparently NFL did about-face on "no Tuesday 4:00 p.m. ET deadline" routine & said he plays Sunday even if appeal decision comes Wednesday.
I don't quite understand what's Taking Henderson so long. This doesn't seem that complicated a case. 

If it's the full suspension, or even 4 games, then I think I'd rather it start immediately. i calculated that without him my team needs to tread water and go .500 and I'll be OK. 

Or..would it better to start 1-0 and then take the hit? 
I wish it started immediately and got cut to less games. 

Now I have to make a decision. 

Howard/Hunt/Elliot 

can only start 2

:lol:

ProFootballTalk‏ Verified account @ProFootballTalk  now12 seconds ago

On Zeke, my understanding is the NFLPA called BS on the league's effort to abandon the 4 pm ET Tuesday rule and the NFL promptly caved.

Lock and load Zeke this week, wait and see on the rest...

Last edited by a moderator:
mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports 2m2 minutes ago

ALERT: Courtroom source tells me Judge Mazzant is 'grilling' @NFL re 'problems of fairness' that #Ezekielelliot atty Kessler is raising

:shrug:  

mike fisher ✭‏Verified account @fishsports 2m2 minutes ago

ALERT: Courtroom source tells me Judge Mazzant is 'grilling' @NFL re 'problems of fairness' that #Ezekielelliot atty Kessler is raising

:shrug:  
This guy was accurate with what PFT was reporting, he is trustworthy as of now. 

It seems like he is the best Twitter follow right now.  He did point out the NFL does whatever they want which is still a big problem.

DANG!

Chris Mortensen‏ Verified account @mortreport  4m4 minutes ago

Ezekiel Elliott 6 game suspension has been upheld by Harold Henderson, per source

David Moore‏ Verified account @DavidMooreDMN  now5 seconds ago

Ezekiel Elliott has just left the courtroom in Sherman.

Kate Hairopoulos ‏Verified account @khairopoulos  54s54 seconds ago

Elliott will play Sunday against the Giants. Judge will rule by 5 pm Friday on injunction.

Tom Pelissero‏ Verified account @TomPelissero  14s15 seconds ago

Just got out of court and got phone back. NFL took position Ezekiel Elliott CAN play Sunday. Judge rules by 5 pm Friday on restraining order

David Helman‏ Verified account @HelmanDC  now12 seconds ago

So, if you're keeping score:

1. Suspension stands at 6

2. Zeke can play Sunday

3. Ruling on what happens next comes by Friday evening.

Chris Mortensen‏Verified account @mortreport  3m3 minutes ago

Ezekiel Elliott 6 game suspension has been upheld by Harold Henderson, per source
 Of course it was. Once Elliott filed his suit, there was no reason for the NFL (I mean, Henderson as an arbitrary party) to reduce the suspension by even a single game.

Users who are viewing this thread