What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (7 Viewers)

I have been playing Fantasy football for now 25 years and honestly reading threads like this, sicken me to no end, and will make it be my last year in FF, I don't like what it's become. We have people in here(no doubt a majority much younger than I), that are perfectly fine supporting(drafting etc) a player that beats a woman, and wants nothing more than to see suspensions over turned SIMPLY because it helps their Fantasy football team. That's quite frankly, disgusting. This is what society has become as a whole though...don't get your way...sue. Those of you with kids, especially younger one's...how can you look them in the eyes, and excitedly exclaim "Zeke gets to play, Zeke gets to play", all because it MIGHT help you win a few $$ playing FF?? Is that the lessons we really want to teach them?? If it is for you, your moral compasses are severly broken, and I hope you sleep well at night.

Back in the day, Ray Lewis was accused of murder, and was also the best defensive player in the league..that didn't mean ##### to me. There is no way I was drafting him, on principal alone. My motto was, and is...citizenship before championships. Absolutely disgusting what fantasy football has done to the younger generation.
Why do you hate our judicial system?

I have been playing Fantasy football for now 25 years and honestly reading threads like this, sicken me to no end, and will make it be my last year in FF, I don't like what it's become. We have people in here(no doubt a majority much younger than I), that are perfectly fine supporting(drafting etc) a player that beats a woman, and wants nothing more than to see suspensions over turned SIMPLY because it helps their Fantasy football team. That's quite frankly, disgusting. This is what society has become as a whole though...don't get your way...sue. Those of you with kids, especially younger one's...how can you look them in the eyes, and excitedly exclaim "Zeke gets to play, Zeke gets to play", all because it MIGHT help you win a few $$ playing FF?? Is that the lessons we really want to teach them?? If it is for you, your moral compasses are severly broken, and I hope you sleep well at night.

Back in the day, Ray Lewis was accused of murder, and was also the best defensive player in the league..that didn't mean ##### to me. There is no way I was drafting him, on principal alone. My motto was, and is...citizenship before championships. Absolutely disgusting what fantasy football has done to the younger generation.
Allegedly. 

He might be totally innocent. 

Then you just quit FFB for nothing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Any openings in your league? TIA!

This seemed inevitable...What's ironic is Jerry was so in favor of Brady's suspension, and I believe even commended the NFL for doing "the right thing". Now that it's one of his own..Why even have a CBA when all the players have to do is take it to court, and get TRO's?? That's so laughable...I really wish there was some accountability by these pro athletes and own up to what they did, instead of screaming "it's unfair, it's unfair". This is the new world we live in unfortunately.
You don't even seem to understand the issue.  It's not about what Elliott did.  It's whether or not the NFL gave him a fair shake during their investigation.  The court just announced that since the NFL denied EZE's team access to specific information they didn't give him a fair shake. 

How about those of us that don't own EZE anywhere but are interested in making sure the NFL (and all parties) are held accountable for the terms of their agreements?  That want to know that the courts will protect US when it's our turn, when we're denied our due process?  If I sign an employment contract for 5 years and my employer decides to terminate it after a year should I not expect to be granted a TRO so that the company can't replace me until it's been determined whether or they were in the right (or wrong) to do so?

So accusations = guilt to you?

Cool

I don't believe it. Take him out later in the season when the real playoffs are on the line? That will never happen IMO. 

No matter what this goes to next year now. 
Definitely won't happen. Jerrah will take over the commissioner job himself if he has to. 

The odds are actually pretty low.  This case is staying in Texas.
As I already posted, if the NFLPA can keep it there, that's good for them.  Why do you think they filed the lawsuit before they were legally allowed to do so?  They know they have no case & they wanted a friendly TX judge to bend the rules for them.

As I already posted, if the NFLPA can keep it there, that's good for them.  Why do you think they filed the lawsuit before they were legally allowed to do so?  They know they have no case & they wanted a friendly TX judge to bend the rules for them.
I'm sorry, but you're in denial.  Have you read the Preliminary Injunction Order?  Zeke deserved to win this case.

Here's the order:  https://t.co/88MRSX6obU

I honestly don't care what kind of character my players have. This is FF. If I think a player will help my team, character is of little concern. If I was an NFL GM, it would be a different story.

For what it's worth, I don't own Zeke in any leagues, although, I'm a Dallas fan (but that has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about this matter).

You passed on him multiple times to take OBJ and his gimpy ankle. I get it. It's frustrating. But it's ok. Take a deep breath and have a nice cool beverage. Things will look much better in the morning.

You don't even seem to understand the issue.  It's not about what Elliott did.  It's whether or not the NFL gave him a fair shake during their investigation.  The court just announced that since the NFL denied EZE's team access to specific information they didn't give him a fair shake. 

How about those of us that don't own EZE anywhere but are interested in making sure the NFL (and all parties) are held accountable for the terms of their agreements?  That want to know that the courts will protect US when it's our turn, when we're denied our due process?  If I sign an employment contract for 5 years and my employer decides to terminate it after a year should I not expect to be granted a TRO so that the company can't replace me until it's been determined whether or they were in the right (or wrong) to do so?
This typifies the mentality of America now...if we don't like something...SUE. It's become a sue happy society..people will sue for ANYTHING now. Your last staement says it all..you would sue a company for firing you, to find out if they had "just cause" for doing so?? There isn't an employment contract anywhere that I know of that doesn't specifically state, you are "an at will employee"...you can leave the company at any time for any reason, and as such, the company can terminate you at anytime for any reason...unless of course you work for a Union, who simply protects terrible employees.

What would have to happen for the case to be moved out of Texas, and into a less Zeke-friendly venue, like New York?
Not sure; an appeal of a decision is heard in the court of appeals.  I don't know if that's the case for a TRO.

The appeals court is mich more likely to adhere to the law & be less influenced by local demographics.

That's actually not what people are saying.  Your reading comprehension appears to be poor.

I'm sorry, but you're in denial.  Have you read the Preliminary Injunction Order?  Zeke deserved to win this case.

Here's the order:  https://t.co/88MRSX6obU
What does that have to do with getting the case moved/kept in TX?  The judge ignored the law in making his decision, just as the first Brady judge did.  It will be overturned.  Whether the TRO gets overturned depends on how that appeals process works.

You passed on him multiple times to take OBJ and his gimpy ankle. I get it. It's frustrating. But it's ok. Take a deep breath and have a nice cool beverage. Things will look much better in the morning.
Things look fine; him playing or being suspended means nothing to me.  

This typifies the mentality of America now...if we don't like something...SUE. It's become a sue happy society..people will sue for ANYTHING now. Your last staement says it all..you would sue a company for firing you, to find out if they had "just cause" for doing so?? There isn't an employment contract anywhere that I know of that doesn't specifically state, you are "an at will employee"...you can leave the company at any time for any reason, and as such, the company can terminate you at anytime for any reason...unless of course you work for a Union, who simply protects terrible employees.
Hey, don't get distracted.  I think there are some kids on your lawn.  Better stick your head out the front door and yell at them.

What does that have to do with getting the case moved/kept in TX?  The judge ignored the law in making his decision, just as the first Brady judge did.  It will be overturned.  Whether the TRO gets overturned depends on how that appeals process works.
Again, there is a Preliminary Injunction.  Did you read it?   The judge DID NOT ignore the law.  The right side won this case.  You were wrong.  It's okay, it's not the end of the world.

Do you know what a contract is?  It's the very opposite of "employment at will".  It means, by definition, that the company cannot terminate me at any time for any reason.  You cite Unions - you know what Unions have?  Contracts!  And guess what the Union would do if one of their members was terminated for what they thought was an unjust reason under that contract?  They would sue.  That's exactly what the NFLPA (Union) is doing here.  That's the remedy people have that think they are getting screwed.  And we need the courts to protect us against being screwed, because Big Business will run roughshod over the common man. 

Just listening to several attorneys on the radio and they ALL agree - the court case won't be decided until next year. Elliot will lose the case but who cares? 

maybe some can separate real life situations from players on a fantasy football team

I chuckle at people like yourself who believe that by doing something such as picking a player in a fantasy football league that you are supporting the player/person in real life.

Mark my words Zeke owners that are celebrating right now...Karma will get Zeke within the next few weeks..nothing a blown knee, or ruptured achilles won't take care of. The football gods, will NOT look kindly on this ruling. Then we will see how funny you think this all is(and how great it is), on top of having to serve his suspension next year as well.

Mark my words Zeke owners that are celebrating right now...Karma will get Zeke within the next few weeks..nothing a blown knee, or ruptured achilles won't take care of. The football gods, will NOT look kindly on this ruling. Then we will see how funny you think this all is(and how great it is), on top of having to serve his suspension next year as well.
Really? You're rooting for an injury? 

Boom-shaka-laka-shaka-laka-shaka-laka-shaka-Boom 

Great news, Yes I am happy a guy who did not commit domestic violence got his restraining order and against a rogue commish who clearly is power hungry and a vengeful attitude. 

So, as some of us were saying...its about procedure folks....procedure!

So, Zeke....get me those TDs.

What happens to the owners that aren't celebrating?

There's a lot of really unhappy people in this thread. Heck, I could care less about Elliot except that I own him in a silly game. If he raped some woman, let the courts convict him and throw his ### in jail. That's got nothing to do with the fact that I drafted him, along with thousands of others. 

As for those of you who predicted there would be no restraining order, you were wrong. Or maybe the judge was wrong. Who knows? Who cares? He's playing. 

Dude.  Get help now.

From my limited understanding of the legal process in these cases, even if the league is found to have breached the CBA by not conducting a fair appeals hearing, the court's remedy / action / solution will be to compel the league to conduct another appeals hearing and make sure the NFL adheres to a more level playing field. It doesn't mean the league can't suspend him . . . it only means they have to give Elliott more documents and witnesses. The league could then ignore the new information (or Elliott's arguments) and at that point confirm the 6 game suspension. At that point, I am not sure what else Elliott could argue, as court filings have to show that the collectively agreed upon process was not followed. If the court agrees that the second appeals hearing met the terms and conditions of the CBA, then what else can Zeke argue?

Bottom line, at some point Article 46 is going to rear its ugly head again. The court can't tell the commissioner how to police the league . . . that has been determined in previous cases. Ultimately and eventually I expect the league will win . . . it's just a matter of how long it will take.

Boom-shaka-laka-shaka-laka-shaka-laka-shaka-Boom 

Great news, Yes I am happy a guy who did not commit domestic violence got his restraining order and against a rogue commish who clearly is power hungry and a vengeful attitude. 

So, as some of us were saying...its about procedure folks....procedure!

So, Zeke....get me those TDs.
You don't know whether or not he committed domestic violence.

Hilarious. You get on your moral high horse and now root for an injury.

P.S. I'm a McFadden owner 

Just listening to several attorneys on the radio and they ALL agree - the court case won't be decided until next year. Elliot will lose the case but who cares? 
NFL hasn't officially responded yet. But I am not sure they will take this news lying down. They made mistakes on how they handled this and yes in this case it is unlikely he gets suspended this year. But they may have another avenue to seek their revenge. They may declare they are now investigating the breast incident and in the meantime put him on Commissioner's Exempt List. It seems to me if the NFL chooses to suspend him for that he would have no recourse. He just admitted under oath that he did not have consent to pull down her top and expose her breast. He just said she must be ok with it because she slept with later that night.

Users who are viewing this thread