What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

Take your lumps Goddell. Sit back let this play out next year, pal. You don't have to be an ####### all the time, enjoy the success of the league.

Anarchy99 said:
From my limited understanding of the legal process in these cases, even if the league is found to have breached the CBA by not conducting a fair appeals hearing, the court's remedy / action / solution will be to compel the league to conduct another appeals hearing and make sure the NFL adheres to a more level playing field. It doesn't mean the league can't suspend him . . . it only means they have to give Elliott more documents and witnesses. The league could then ignore the new information (or Elliott's arguments) and at that point confirm the 6 game suspension. At that point, I am not sure what else Elliott could argue, as court filings have to show that the collectively agreed upon process was not followed. If the court agrees that the second appeals hearing met the terms and conditions of the CBA, then what else can Zeke argue?

Bottom line, at some point Article 46 is going to rear its ugly head again. The court can't tell the commissioner how to police the league . . . that has been determined in previous cases. Ultimately and eventually I expect the league will win . . . it's just a matter of how long it will take.
I agree. Elliot is going to serve that suspension at some point, it's just a question of when. 

And honestly, the order and reasoning behind the order seems extremely weak to me. The NFL will absolutely appeal it and I think has a very good chance of having the TRO and injunction thrown out.

The NFLPA has again and again failed their members by bargaining for salary and leaving discipline on the table to get more money. There is no reason for the courts to bail the players out of their own bad agreement and the higher courts have consistently upheld the crappy agreement. 

Definitely a nice win currently for fantasy GMs who gambled on Zeke. We'll see how long lived it is.

Just like how they just suspended Josh Brown again for previously punished crime. Just  because the NFL announced they won't pursue doesn't mean they don't have the right to change their mind.
Nope

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20629879/nfl-suspends-former-new-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-six-more-games

"These documents, which previously had been withheld from the public and the NFL, contained information regarding a series of other incidents separate from the May 2015 incident," the statement said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked from the #8 spot.

Somehow got Bell in the first round and then came back and got Elliott in the 4th round (draft was 2 weeks ago).

:pickle:

You're in a league that allowed you to take Bell at pick #8? And Elliot in the 4th? 
Yeah, I was pretty shocked, too. Lots of WRs picked before me.

1/2/2/1 with a flex and defense/kicker and I have Mariota, Bell, Zeke, Montgomery, Watkins, T. Hill, and Gronk.

Normally they're pretty good, I honestly have no clue what happened with the Bell thing.

Also, his ADP I was seeing going in was late 3rd/early 4th if I remember right, so it was a bit late but not awful (his spot skyrocketed since then obviously)

1.08?  His ADP was 1.02 and the only alteration to that I saw was 1.01. I cannot imagine passing up on Bell, who finally isn't suspended, for a WR, much less 6 of them. :doh:   

That's just not a competitive 1st round. 

Also, his ADP I was seeing going in was late 3rd/early 4th if I remember right, so it was a bit late but not awful (his spot skyrocketed since then obviously)
He was going from early 2nd to early 3rd everywhere I saw - you got a pair of gifts there. I hope you buy them all something nice when you steal their $. lol 

1.08?  His ADP was 1.02 and the only alteration to that I saw was 1.01. I cannot imagine passing up on Bell, who finally isn't suspended, for a WR, much less 6 of them. :doh:   

He was going from early 2nd to early 3rd everywhere I saw - you got a pair of gifts there. I hope you buy them all something nice when you steal their $. lol 
Nah, I'm just gonna take it.... LOL

agree that Bell was an absolute steal. One guy traded drafts from 5 to 11 and was so pissed when everyone started passing on Bell (including the person he traded drafts with).

timschochet said:
One attorney just argued that the case could be settled this year, in time for the NFL playoffs- very unlikely but he said that looking at the calendar the earliest the case could be decided on is week 16. 

Qhich would be catastrophic for the Cowboys, but wouldn't hurt us Zeke owners in the least. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind this outcome at all; sounds like a win- win. 
Just reminding you that this court and judge is in eastern Texas. Your post indicates that you might have forgotten. 

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter·4h

Asked meaning of judge ruling that Ezekiel Elliott "did not receive a fundamentally fair hearing", source texted, "Zeke plays all year."

gradin123 said:
Not yet. Let's see how the NFL responds. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of that breast incident yet.

They may now decide to investigate that separately and put him on Commissioner's Exempt List while they do.
The NFL’s statement reads:

“We strongly believe that the investigation and evidence supported the Commissioner’s decision and that the process was meticulous and fair throughout. We will review the decision in greater detail and discuss next steps with counsel, both in the district court and federal court of appeals.”

Plus the other incidents were included in the detrimental he was given. I think. 

1/2/2/1 with a flex and defense/kicker and I have Mariota, Bell, Zeke, Montgomery, Watkins, T. Hill, and Gronk.

Normally they're pretty good, I honestly have no clue what happened with the Bell thing.

congrats larry boy.  if Bell and Zeke stay healthy this season you're gonna skate to the title. 

I've always been a fan of yours.  GL mi amigo.

gradin123 said:
Not yet. Let's see how the NFL responds. I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of that breast incident yet.

They may now decide to investigate that separately and put him on Commissioner's Exempt List while they do.
They did mention appeal. 

This is clear as mud with my draft tomorrow. Praying for a top 2 pick. 

Anarchy99 said:
From my limited understanding of the legal process in these cases, even if the league is found to have breached the CBA by not conducting a fair appeals hearing, the court's remedy / action / solution will be to compel the league to conduct another appeals hearing and make sure the NFL adheres to a more level playing field. It doesn't mean the league can't suspend him . . . it only means they have to give Elliott more documents and witnesses. The league could then ignore the new information (or Elliott's arguments) and at that point confirm the 6 game suspension. At that point, I am not sure what else Elliott could argue, as court filings have to show that the collectively agreed upon process was not followed. If the court agrees that the second appeals hearing met the terms and conditions of the CBA, then what else can Zeke argue?

Bottom line, at some point Article 46 is going to rear its ugly head again. The court can't tell the commissioner how to police the league . . . that has been determined in previous cases. Ultimately and eventually I expect the league will win . . . it's just a matter of how long it will take.
Agree with the bottom line. And this court's involvement is only to ensure Zeke gets a fair appeal, which Amos ruled that he didn't. However, he ruled it was unfair because 1) they didn't get to interview all the investigators, 2) they didn't get to confront Tiffany, and 3) they didn't get to question the commissioner. 

Lets let them get a fair appeal where they get to:

1) interview all the investigators including the only one that interviewed Tiffany, found her uncredible and recommend no disciplinary action. 

2) confront Tiffany and see just how credible she is. 

3) question the commissioner based on what we learn from 1 and 2. 

Let's get that all out in the public on front page news and then let Rodger lean on Article 46 and suspend Zeke. 

NYG are a solid run DF, but i think you're light on his rushing yards.  I've got him at 128 rushing yards.  He's gonna be running angry and DAL is going to try to stick it to the NFL and give him all the carries he can handle.
Took a stab at it. Maybe you're right. NYG defense is good though. If Dez struggles, & Dak stuggles, it might be hard to find room. 

But I could definitely see it going either way - IMO as the DAL passing game goes, so goes Elliott. 

Should be a good game. 

Took a stab at it. Maybe you're right. NYG defense is good though. If Dez struggles, & Dak stuggles, it might be hard to find room. 

But I could definitely see it going either way - IMO as the DAL passing game goes, so goes Elliott. 

Should be a good game. 
My guess is 130 and a TD. He is getting a TD on Sunday night if they have to go for it on 4th to make it easier for him to get it. They want Zeke all over national TV on Sunday.

I was reading back through the thread and the legal experts who were saying things like what judges will never do, have not really been back to share their views. Everyone was a lawyer and judge a few pages ago. This should tell you who to take legal advice from around these parts. 

Tired of the legalities. What are we expecting from him Sunday?
Still not over, waiting to see if NFL appeals or if they stop messing with the state of Texas and just let it go to trial. 

gradin123 said:
Yeah but that refers to using the exempt case while this case is under appeal. If they try that I am sure they would lose

But the NFL could use the exempt list while they investigate the completely separate breast issue. Courts would have no say on that.
Yes they would, again are we trying to tell the courts what they can and cant do? I wouldnt recommend that.

I do not know this on my own, but I spoke to a judge friend of mine, as I have been the entire time. Different state, different laws. BUT based of his expert opinion on TROs...

The exempt list is not happening at all, if Goodell is wise...based of this judges opinion, not mine. Goodell would also be up against fines and totally putting himself in for a loss if he takes any action on Zeke for anything that is not a new event that happens after todays date. Since this case is about fairness, everything the NFL does in regards to zeke, outside of the court setting is subject to scrutiny. Judge could say he already ruled on his playing status and may fine Goodell (NFL) to reaffirm that his rulings are not to be disobeyed. Since jail isnt likely for someone breaking a retraining order in this case, financials would be crippling for a corporation for the NFL. After all, fines are meant to punish. The judge does not have to consider anything about the CBA in anyway if he so chooses, since this was about fairness and procedure, not agreements about suspensions or his crime. FWIW, the Judge I spoke to imposed a 25K penalty on Menards for jumping a TRO and then imposed a even stiffer TRO removing the person who made the decision to break it from making ANY decisions within the company until case is over. A judge can remove you from your job and responsibility if you upset him, is the moral of the story. Dont mess with the guys in the black robe, I have been saying it for pages. 

Now I am not suggesting what this judge will do, but based off his ruling and opinions from other experts who wear black robes, this is as good as I can offer. This is the same judge who told me the TRO was a slam dunk after he heard the questions the judge asked.

Still not over, waiting to see if NFL appeals or if they stop messing with the state of Texas and just let it go to trial. 

Yes they would, again are we trying to tell the courts what they can and cant do? I wouldnt recommend that.

I do not know this on my own, but I spoke to a judge friend of mine, as I have been the entire time. Different state, different laws. BUT based of his expert opinion on TROs...

The exempt list is not happening at all, if Goodell is wise...based of this judges opinion, not mine. Goodell would also be up against fines and totally putting himself in for a loss if he takes any action on Zeke for anything that is not a new event that happens after todays date. Since this case is about fairness, everything the NFL does in regards to zeke, outside of the court setting is subject to scrutiny. Judge could say he already ruled on his playing status and may fine Goodell (NFL) to reaffirm that his rulings are not to be disobeyed. Since jail isnt likely for someone breaking a retraining order in this case, financials would be crippling for a corporation for the NFL. After all, fines are meant to punish. The judge does not have to consider anything about the CBA in anyway if he so chooses, since this was about fairness and procedure, not agreements about suspensions or his crime. FWIW, the Judge I spoke to imposed a 25K penalty on Menards for jumping a TRO and then imposed a even stiffer TRO removing the person who made the decision to break it from making ANY decisions within the company until case is over. A judge can remove you from your job and responsibility if you upset him, is the moral of the story. Dont mess with the guys in the black robe, I have been saying it for pages. 

Now I am not suggesting what this judge will do, but based off his ruling and opinions from other experts who wear black robes, this is as good as I can offer. This is the same judge who told me the TRO was a slam dunk after he heard the questions the judge asked.
To bad that these judges that get over ruled on appeal don't get treated the same same way they treat others.

To bad that these judges that get over ruled on appeal don't get treated the same same way they treat others.
Are you insinuating a judge enforcing his ruling is a bad thing? Also, not all judges have appeals reversed. Are you insinuating it is OK to disrespect a judges ruling? I'm trying to understand what you mean. 

You have no idea what his scoring system his.  You can't say that.

ffinmyblood said:
Mark my words Zeke owners that are celebrating right now...Karma will get Zeke within the next few weeks..nothing a blown knee, or ruptured achilles won't take care of. The football gods, will NOT look kindly on this ruling. Then we will see how funny you think this all is(and how great it is), on top of having to serve his suspension next year as well.
You seem like such an upstanding, moral guy with this quote. Tell us, which NFC East rival are you a fan of? :lmao:

Should be a good game. 
If I was coaching Dallas, I would come out firing some passes as NYG will likely be playing the run early and often. Problem is that Dak played poorly vs them last year. 

Should be a good game is right! Football is BACKKKK!!!!

You seem like such an upstanding, moral guy with this quote. Tell us, which NFC rival are you a fan of? :lmao:
Seems odd that one would hope injury on a guy who has not been convicted of a crime and has been currently vindicated that the person who marked him as guilty for such an act was unfair in his process. 

Zeke has not committed a crime and had a judge in the court of law say Goodell was unfair in the process with regards to the CBA as far as a judge is concern. 

Seems odd that one would hope injury on a guy who has not been convicted of a crime and has been currently vindicated that the person who marked him as guilty for such an act was unfair in his process. 

Zeke has not committed a crime and had a judge in the court of law say Goodell was unfair in the process with regards to the CBA as far as a judge is concern. 
Many have committed crimes and never got charged. They still committed the crime however. The court system is hardly 100% correct. 

NYG are a solid run DF, but i think you're light on his rushing yards.  I've got him at 128 rushing yards.  He's gonna be running angry and DAL is going to try to stick it to the NFL and give him all the carries he can handle.
True.  And we know what kind of damage he can do when angry......

My guess is 130 and a TD. He is getting a TD on Sunday night if they have to go for it on 4th to make it easier for him to get it. They want Zeke all over national TV on Sunday.

I was reading back through the thread and the legal experts who were saying things like what judges will never do, have not really been back to share their views. Everyone was a lawyer and judge a few pages ago. This should tell you who to take legal advice from around these parts. 
Hey, I'm happy to eat crow. Based on the overwhelming power afforded to the commissioner, and the precedent set in the past, I thought there was no way we would get a TRO, much less an injunction. Never more happy to be wrong.

If I could get my crow served warm tomorrow night, with a healthy side of Zeke touchdowns, it'll help it go so much smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread