What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (4 Viewers)

Why do people keep saying this? I think the longer it drags out the more I think it favors Zeke. 
the 3 judge panel could have easily denied the NFL's request for a stay, or not even heard oral arguments.(doing so was rare I believe) Read in a few places that a quick decision would most likely be good news for Zeke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
With Kamara/Doug Martin situations improved, I almost hope he gets his 6 games off right away so I get him back for playoffs. 

I dropped Morris so the decision will come today I bet. Here's hoping it drags out through next week's waivers at least so I can snatch him back up :)
It has

@khairopoulos: 5th Circuit Court of Appeals rules to vacate Elliott's preliminary injunction and Eastern District Of Texas has to dismiss case.

Mike Leslie ✔@MikeLeslieWFAA

5th Circuit has ruled in favor of the #NFL, vacating the preliminary injunction, and restoring Zeke Elliott’s 6-game suspension.

3:28 PM - Oct 12, 2017 · Dallas, TX

Mark Lane @therealmarklane

5th Circuit vacates Ezekiel Elliott's preliminary injunction. Eastern District of Texas must dismiss case. Suspension is restored.

3:31 PM - Oct 12, 2017

:wall:  LMAO.  Figures. I had no choice really. Maybe I can dump someone else for him, but of course it falls on my TE bye week and I need that bench spot. 

Good timing for him.  Now he gets extra time to prepare his new injunction request.  If they played this week that would be unlikely to be granted in time.

Good timing for him.  Now he gets extra time to prepare his new injunction request.  If they played this week that would be unlikely to be granted in time.
Yep. Now he still may not miss any games if the NY Courts grant the injunction when it's filed (and they just may, although it will be tougher than it was in Texas given the Brady precedent).

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal.

In the words of the Dallas Morning News' Katie Hairopoulos, the NFL "wins this round," but Elliott will seek a new injunction from the Southern District of New York. It's unclear what his odds are of getting it. At least for now, Elliott's six-game suspension is free to take hold, but things could be different by this time next week. The Cowboys are on bye for Week 6. In a league prone to opaque legal sagas, Elliott's is setting a new standard
Immediately picked up Alf Morris just in case. 

I'll lay our my reasoning for DMC..

I looked at the 3rd preseason game logs. Zeke started and got 6 carries and then made way for DMC who got 2 carries to close out the half. Morris came in for the 2nd half and got 9 carries before making way for Rod Smith. This to me was a sign of an established pecking order.

Zeke has run some of the most (the most?) passing routes of all RBs this year. Morris has 50 career receptions, never topping more than 17 in a season. DMC has 254 career receptions, he had 40 with DAL in 2015, 47 is his career best.

My rational is that if you're in PPR it's either it's DMC or I don't want any part of it.

I looked at the 3rd preseason game logs. Zeke started and got 6 carries and then made way for DMC who got 2 carries to close out the half. Morris came in for the 2nd half and got 9 carries before making way for Rod Smith. This to me was a sign of an established pecking order.

Zeke has run some of the most (the most?) passing routes of all RBs this year. Morris has 50 career receptions, never topping more than 17 in a season. DMC has 254 career receptions, he had 40 with DAL in 2015, 47 is his career best.

My rational is that if you're in PPR it's either it's DMC or I don't want any part of it.
^Bingo

Plus I believe they were holding DMC inactive as a break glass in case of emergency option. They want to ride the guy that's filled in for them before, and why risk him getting injured in live game backup duty. Morris keeps his same role with maybe a few more carries to spell DMC's older legs. 

Even if it is DMc, that's only going to last about 12 carries, then it's Morris anyway.

Jerry Jones loves DMC as they both attended Arkansas University.  Dropped Lacy for DMC.  Morris was already taken.  But it's a coin flip.

Yes, I appreciate the information.  This site rocks for giving me an edge...when I have free time and am on here I am ahead of my league.

this breaking news is probably causing traffic jams all ov3er the US as people are scrambling on their phones to add these two guys

I'm sure he'll try and appeal again but this time in NY and good luck with that.  I was able to scoop up both DMC and Morris in my main league thanks to sleeperbot.

so Zeke appeals in NY?  WTF?  I mean if he files appeal doesn't that have to run it's course which I assume would be a couple more weeks.  sorry guys, I'm lost on this whole thing.  HELP!

I agree with the "it's Mcfadden" contingent. Better suited to be lead guy and Morris a bit more diverse a player when Zeke active. With Zeke inactive I'm betting Mcfadden sees the bulk of the touches. He was great two years ago in that offense.

in my short bench league, i'm really torn on dropping Collins for DMC. stupid bye weeks for my QB or i'd have DMC rostered already

I watched this battle all preseason myself as i expected Zeke to miss 6 games to start the year.  To my eyes, Morris looked lighter and quicker than he has in the past.  At one point this preseason he was leading the league in PFF's elusiveness rating.  McFadden looked kinda done to me.  He can run in a straight line and catch, I guess.  But McFadden wasn't getting the edge really, wasn't making anyone miss, and was down on first contact.

I thought Morris being active over McFadden was ST-related and that McFadden was still the handcuff, but now I'm honestly not so sure.  Morris has looked solid when given the chance. I think Morris would've gone elsewhere when he was a FA if he knew Dallas was going to draft Zeke, but ... this is his shot at a new contract.  Morris is a FA after this year.

Great job though getting a breaking story.  No headline on Draftsharks, Fox, etc.  I knew I came on here for something.

McFadden has been the primary back in this offense and his skill set more closely resembles Zeke's. 
Morris has been a complimentary back his entire time in Dallas and has had a downward statistical trend for a while now. 

This isn't rocket science 

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm in a 10 team PPR with only 4 bench spots

I already have Elliott. Should I drop any of these for DMC or Morris????

my bench:

David Johnson

Sterling Shepard

Alvin Kamara

James White

I watched this battle all preseason myself as i expected Zeke to miss 6 games to start the year. To my eyes, Morris looked lighter and quicker than he has in the past. At one point this preseason he was leading the league in PFF's elusiveness rating. McFadden looked kinda done to me. He can run in a straight line and catch, I guess. But McFadden wasn't getting the edge really, wasn't making anyone miss, and was down on first contact.

I thought Morris being active over McFadden was ST-related and that McFadden was still the handcuff, but now I'm honestly not so sure. Morris has looked solid when given the chance. I think Morris would've gone elsewhere when he was a FA if he knew Dallas was going to draft Zeke, but ... this is his shot at a new contract. Morris is a FA after this year.
I will watch/record his touches from the preseason. Also yeah, Morris hasn't played a single ST snap this year.

• Smile
Reactions: One
in my short bench league, i'm really torn on dropping Collins for DMC. stupid bye weeks for my QB or i'd have DMC rostered already
I start 15 guys and 5 bench spots. I picked up Morris and DMC, taking up 3/5 bench spots for 1 actual point producing spot on a bye week. I feel your pain. I now have 2 gaping holes in my starting lineup lol

Fwiw (and I picked up McFadden last week when the decision was maybe going to break...) as I understand it, EE can get a stay on the decision pending appeal, and then if that fails he can await the decision on appeal, then he can file for injunction in SDNY. So he's sort of standing where the NFL was a couple weeks ago.

I start 15 guys and 5 bench spots. I picked up Morris and DMC, taking up 3/5 bench spots for 1 actual point producing spot on a bye week. I feel your pain. I now have 2 gaping holes in my starting lineup lol
had to do it... in my other league I'm about to drop Conner (I KNOW the Bell owner will scoop him too) for Morris as I already have DMC...  :wall:

Fwiw (and I picked up McFadden last week when the decision was maybe going to break...) as I understand it, EE can get a stay on the decision pending appeal, and then if that fails he can await the decision on appeal, then he can file for injunction in SDNY. So he's sort of standing where the NFL was a couple weeks ago.
looks to me like in a week-maybe 2 weeks were in the same boat as 1 hour ago.

Users who are viewing this thread