What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

So they can appeal the 2nd district court? Can anyone explain what that means and if they will? Will it matter?

So they can appeal the 2nd district court? Can anyone explain what that means and if they will? Will it matter?
Need to wait for a legal expert, but basically they would have to bring new evidence or arguments to the table.  This is very unlikely.

They can file the appeal and argue to keep the TRO in place until the appeal is decided, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not have botched this Zeke situation any worse. Drafted McFadden way too high when I thought Zeke was suspended. Then, trade for Zeke an hour before he gets the nail in the coffin. 

I could not have botched this Zeke situation any worse. Drafted McFadden way too high when I thought Zeke was suspended. Then, trade for Zeke an hour before he gets the nail in the coffin. 
Go get Alfred Morris, now.  (If he's there.)  I picked him up four weeks ago. 

Yes, can appeal.  But this is the same circuit that said Goodell can rule however he wants, as long as he adheres to CBA, because the NFLPA agreed to that.

Yes, can appeal.  But this is the same circuit that said Goodell can rule however he wants, as long as he adheres to CBA, because the NFLPA agreed to that.
I will cross my fingers. It seemed like most of what I read thought the ruling would be in his favor tonight so who knows 

This will shake up the FFPC and such type leagues.  My best team was 24th place out of 7,200 teams going into this week had Zeke.  Was fun ride while it lasted.

Yeah; the last several twists & turns have gone the opposite of what most expected. It would seem unlikely that Zeke will be able to reverse this, but I don’t think anyone really knows at this point.

We all knew he would lose eventually it was just a matter of when. The union really needs to reign in the powers of Roger. 

Wooooohooooo, this is so awesome because:

- I play vs. the Zeke owner in Week 12

- All the Cowboy fans who cheered when Goodell railroaded Brady now get a taste of their own medicine

- Jerry Jones supported Goodell in Deflategate, and now Jerry gets a karma kick to the head

#winning

:P

After searching Twitter broke it down here.

Basically, Zeke is done because judges will default to Brady and NFL CBA.
I’ve said this for a long time.  But, as I’ve said several times tonight; this whole thing has unfolded in a completely unpredictable manner.  Zeke “shouldn’t” be able to win an emergency appeal to the 2nd, but the way everything has gone, who knows?

- All the Cowboy fans who cheered when Goodell railroaded Brady now get a taste of their own medicine

- Jerry Jones supported Goodell in Deflategate, and now Jerry gets a karma kick to the head

#winning

#dooshery

I’ve said this for a long time.  But, as I’ve said several times tonight; this whole thing has unfolded in a completely unpredictable manner.  Zeke “shouldn’t” be able to win an emergency appeal to the 2nd, but the way everything has gone, who knows?
Yeah, no chance of that.

Again, NFL's backyard. Zeke would need a change of venue, which wouldn't be granted because of law.

This will shake up the FFPC and such type leagues.  My best team was 24th place out of 7,200 teams going into this week had Zeke.  Was fun ride while it lasted.
We're currently fourth overall in the FFPC Main Event. This could cost us a bunch of money, but we drafted Zeke over Hunt at third overall because we didn't want to take a chance on the rookie, and at the time everyone was guaranteeing that Elliott would play out the year. Gambled and lost.

Yeah, no chance of that.

Again, NFL's backyard. Zeke would need a change of venue, which wouldn't be granted because of law.
I know that; it’s what I’ve been saying this whole time-that the 2nd would ultimately rule against Zeke, as they had established that precedent in the Brady decision.  But, I didn’t expect this decision tonight, so like I said who knows.  

I know that; it’s what I’ve been saying this whole time-that the 2nd would ultimately rule against Zeke, as they had established that precedent in the Brady decision.  But, I didn’t expect this decision tonight, so like I said who knows.  
The people are saying Judge ruled tonight because the TRO would expire.

#winning

I own Zeke in a couple league and don't in others, so I don't have a bias 1 way or another but I gotta ask; why is it that you simply take pleasure in the misfortunes of others?

Look, i get it... you get a small lotto ticket by not having to play zeke in week 12; but the fact of the matter is that a real life person is essentially losing his job for 6 weeks b/c of some unfounded claims against him. And someone with more power than he should felt is was necessary to dish out that punishment.

I would be going up against Zeke in a few leagues, so this helps me out there, but I still think it's a complete crock that he's suspended in the first place. 

The people are saying Judge ruled tonight because the TRO would expire.
I didn’t mean I didn’t expect A decision tonight; rather, I didn’t expect THIS decision tonight.  I believed this judge would show deference to the other judges decision, and wouldn’t issue a ruling that went “against” his decision from 2 weeks ago.

I own Zeke in a couple league and don't in others, so I don't have a bias 1 way or another but I gotta ask; why is it that you simply take pleasure in the misfortunes of others?

Look, i get it... you get a small lotto ticket by not having to play zeke in week 12; but the fact of the matter is that a real life person is essentially losing his job for 6 weeks b/c of some unfounded claims against him. And someone with more power than he should felt is was necessary to dish out that punishment.

I would be going up against Zeke in a few leagues, so this helps me out there, but I still think it's a complete crock that he's suspended in the first place. 
He’s still bitter over Brady getting suspended.

Why did all the Salty Haters take pleasure in Brady getting railroaded, losing his job for 4 weeks, etc?

I'm just doing the exact same thing back at them.   :P

Why did all the Salty Haters take pleasure in Brady getting railroaded, losing his job for 4 weeks, etc?

I'm just doing the exact same thing back at them.   :P
So, a handful of people who acted douchey last year makes it ok for you to act like one now?

I understand these are internet forums and trolling it a part of the internet, but c'mon man...let it go

So, a handful of people who acted douchey last year makes it ok for you to act like one now?

I understand these are internet forums and trolling it a part of the internet, but c'mon man...let it go
Who doesn't enjoy it when douchy Salty Haters get a taste of karma?  It's fantastic!

I think I can let this Zeke suspension go in about 6 weeks.   :P

Finally.  And I'm a Cowboys fan.  Sorry, but I know a little something about unfortunate decisions by arbitrators and judges, and eventually you just have to deal with them.  The players collectively bargained for the authority of the commissioner concerning discipline and for arbitration to provide the vehicle for appeals.  It does sound like Elliott got an overlong suspension and a bit of a hatchet ruling from this arbitrator, but that happens.  Serve the suspension already and stop being a vexatious litigant.  Sorry for everyone's fantasy team, but hopefully you all made contingency plans long ago, as far back as draft day.   

Well- should have traded Zeke for Hunt/Baldwin when I had the chance. Going to pick up DMac or Morris . Deciding which bench players to drop - AP or Blount .  Actually learn alot on the legal system. Thanks Zeke !

Cowboys fan here. I'm glad the suspension was upheld. I know we're talking about more than football here, but there's no way Zeke was getting out of it. 

My fear was having to serve it next season when Dallas has a better chance of making the Super Bowl. With the right draft picks & FA moves, the Cowboys are going to be really tough to beat next year with everyone on board.

I'd MUCH rather get it out of the way this season & give us a better chance at home field advantage next year when we'll be better (at least on paper).

Cowboys fan here. I'm glad the suspension was upheld. I know we're talking about more than football here, but there's no way Zeke was getting out of it. 

My fear was having to serve it next season when Dallas has a better chance of making the Super Bowl. With the right draft picks & FA moves, the Cowboys are going to be really tough to beat next year with everyone on board.

I'd MUCH rather get it out of the way this season & give us a better chance at home field advantage next year when we'll be better (at least on paper).
You guys still have a pretty good shot at winning the NFC this season too

Users who are viewing this thread