What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Melvin Gordon, BAL (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld take:

Melvin Gordon (hamstring) has been downgraded to questionable for Week 7 against the Titans.

Gordon was limited in Friday's practice but the Chargers didn't list him on the injury report. It sounds like his hamstring issue is more than just cramping. Late week downgrades are never good, so this is a legitimate concern. With the Chargers playing in London, we'll know Gordon's status early Sunday.

Source: Ricky Henne on Twitter 

Oct 20 - 3:42 PM

While I would be very sad to lose my best player, I’m pretty deep in that league and have a soft matchup this week.

So in that light, I would rather lose Gordon for one week and have him rested and healthy then have him aggravate his hamstring injury and turn into a multi week issue.  I would probably feel that way even if I did not have a soft matchup this week. 

Hopefully he shakes it off by tomorrow. I’m not entirely optimistic based on the late nature of this update, and the team bringing in another running back. 

Signing a guy off the practice squad the day before the game isn't good, to say the least. 

From CBS Sportsline:  Chargers' Detrez Newsome: Rejoins Chargers

22 mins ago

Newsome signed a contract with the Chargers on Saturday.

Newsome survived roster cutdowns at the start of September but was waived by the Chargers later in the month, and had one carry for zero yards over three games. The 24-year-old was signed for depth purposes with starting RB Melvin Gordon (hamstring) receiving a late questionable tag for Sunday's game against the Titans in London.

I wonder how much of this is precautionary.  The Raiders just got fined for not adding players to the injury list for their London game.  I bet he sits, but it’s worth monitoring.  

(RotoWire) Gordon (hamstring) is likely to be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Titans in London, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Gordon was downgraded to questionable earlier Saturday after initially not receiving an injury designation. The Chargers also signed running back Detrez Newsome for depth purposes, which is hardly a good sign for Gordon's potential availability. Kickoff for Sunday's game is at 9:30 a.m. EDT, so fantasy owners will need to be ready for a potential lineup change come morning. Should the 25-year-old be unable to suit up, Austin Ekeler figures to be in line for a heavy workload against the Titans.

(Article Link)

I wonder how much of this is precautionary.  The Raiders just got fined for not adding players to the injury list for their London game.  I bet he sits, but it’s worth monitoring.  
This is what I'm thinking too. Extra press in London and...probably should just be forward dot the Is and cross the Ts

Just sit him and then go on the bye.  I have Ekelar so hopefully you other owners do too.
I snapped Ekelar up after the 2nd week and was surprised no one took him. I had Gordon already so easy decision. In my league we keep 4 so getting Ekler next year as a handcuff could be an issue. At one point this year I started both Gordon and Ekler (Ekler as the Flex) and ended up winning. I was playing a team a guy hasn't showed up since the draft so it gave me a week to fumble around with my roster early 

(RotoWire) Gordon (hamstring) is likely to be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Titans in London, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Gordon was downgraded to questionable earlier Saturday after initially not receiving an injury designation. The Chargers also signed running back Detrez Newsome for depth purposes, which is hardly a good sign for Gordon's potential availability. Kickoff for Sunday's game is at 9:30 a.m. EDT, so fantasy owners will need to be ready for a potential lineup change come morning. Should the 25-year-old be unable to suit up, Austin Ekeler figures to be in line for a heavy workload against the Titans.

(Article Link)
So I got to get up at 9 tomorrow morning on my day off? ugh I hate London games. 

So I got to get up at 9 tomorrow morning on my day off? ugh I hate London games. 
Try being on the West coast, dude....

I have Ekeler as well and based on all of this I'm going to put him in for Gordon as of now.  Unless I wake up and hear differently.  It just makes too much sense to make sure you have a perfectly healthy Gordon after the bye.  They don't want to Fournette this.

Signing of RB has me nervous. Any chance this is serious? 

Shallow league with forced rosters (10T - roster exactly 4RB / start exactly 2RB).

Have Kamara / Gordon / Michel / Thompson..... HALF considering dropping Thompson to cuff Gordon. May want to do that for sure after the bye anyway. 

Just don’t want Gordon to go down for real and miss out on Ekler. Michel is good but not on that level yet.. 

From Schefter:

Fantasy alert: Chargers’ RB Melvin Gordon is inactive for the 9:30 am ET kickoff in London against the Tennessee Titans.

Gordon was downgraded Saturday to questionable due to a hamstring injury. More on ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown at 10 am ET.

Soft tissue injuries always present a degree of concern 
Considering he was a GTD & not immediately ruled out, and considering he reportedly tested it out pregame & it still felt a little tight (according to the update) then no - it sounds like he was close to playing, the hammy is just a little tight & reading between the lines a little I don’t think the Chargers want to risk greater injury in what’s a totally winnable game without Gordon. They have a capable backup & a BYE - if there’s any report about the hammy post-BYE, that would be cause for concern. 

I heard he was almost going to play in the last game.  I would think he's a go
We heard that about Cook and Fournette.  Then they came back too early & aggravated the injury.  

Not saying he will/won't play, just that hamstrings are unpredictable.  Just because he seemed/seems close doesn't guarantee anything.

I didnt like ESPN headline saying "Gordon , Bosa not ruled out for Seahawks". Kind of infers that he is more likely not to play. The article, as you read further, has a much more promising take stating he will practice in some capacity today.

Lynn said Gordon will practice in some capacity Wednesday.

"The week off really helped Melvin," Lynn said. "He ran well last week. He's going to do some things this week, and we'll see where he's at. But hamstrings can be tricky, so you don't want to rush those."

Ekeler got dropped due to bye weeks and short benches so any info would be helpful to get him in waivers today.

FWIW, radio in LA seems to indicate he is likely to play but I have no link to that.

I didnt like ESPN headline saying "Gordon , Bosa not ruled out for Seahawks". Kind of infers that he is more likely not to play. The article, as you read further, has a much more promising take stating he will practice in some capacity today.

Lynn said Gordon will practice in some capacity Wednesday.

"The week off really helped Melvin," Lynn said. "He ran well last week. He's going to do some things this week, and we'll see where he's at. But hamstrings can be tricky, so you don't want to rush those."

Ekeler got dropped due to bye weeks and short benches so any info would be helpful to get him in waivers today.

FWIW, radio in LA seems to indicate he is likely to play but I have no link to that.
you should probably get eckler if you can

Any insights on Gordon this week?  I see Schefter tweeted he is expected to play.  I’m paranoid he’ll pull a Cook.  I could put in Chubb but Gordon has been a stud. 

Andrew74 said:
Any insights on Gordon this week?  I see Schefter tweeted he is expected to play.  I’m paranoid he’ll pull a Cook.  I could put in Chubb but Gordon has been a stud. 
Full practice Friday. I’d start him with confidence. He was reportedly close to playing last game,  but with the BYE the team was cautious. 

Melvin Gordon rushed 18 times for 93 yards and hauled in 5-of-6 targets for 72 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 10 win over the Raiders.

Gordon looked like he might bust in a great spot early in this game, but he started to get things cooking in the second quarter before blowing the game open on the first drive of the second half. After catching a dump off from Philip Rivers, Gordon made two defenders miss and beat everyone else to the end zone for a 66-yard touchdown. He was mostly unstoppable from that point on, and he stacked rushing yardage as the Chargers ran down the clock late. With a great matchup against the Broncos on deck, Gordon will remain a high-end RB1.

Nov 11 - 6:59 PM

Hopefully they just sit him and let him get healthy for the stretch run.  Have a feeling he sits.  If the way they treated him a few weeks back tells us anything they will.

Users who are viewing this thread