Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon

EBF

So glad the Lions lost. Use him more and you'll win!

They lost cause their defense couldn't stop the Chargers Had nothing to do with not using Abdullah enough.

It was mostly the defense, but it also had a little to do with the really couldn't do a lot on offense most of the 2nd half because they limited Abdullah's touches and seemed to refuse to throw the ball to Calvin.

• Like 1

They lost cause their defense couldn't stop the Chargers Had nothing to do with not using Abdullah enough.

It was mostly the defense, but it also had a little to do with the really couldn't do a lot on offense most of the 2nd half because they limited Abdullah's touches and seemed to refuse to throw the ball to Calvin.

Abdullah was never the main focal point of the offense. The time share with Bell worked I thought. The change of speed Im sure benefited for Abdullah.

I guess you could easily say he would of saw the ball more IF the Lions defense could have stopped the Chargers but they didnt.

<p>

Lions ran 47 plays yesterday compared to 74 for the Chargers. 2 FDs rushing, 3/10 on 3rd down.

Offensive RB snaps:

• Abdullah 21
  • Bell 18
  • Burton (rookie FB) 11
  • Riddick 8
  • Zenner 2
Special Teams RB snaps:
  • Riddick 20
  • Burton 10
  • Abdullah 7
  • Zenner 4
  • Bell 0
And there you have it. In his first regular season game as a pro, Abdullah saw more snaps than the incumbent "starter". For him to get more touches, he needs to keep doing his job, and Detroit simply needs to run more offensive plays. That stuff will even out over the season.

Abdullah was never the main focal point of the offense. The time share with Bell worked I thought. The change of speed Im sure benefited for Abdullah.

I guess you could easily say he would of saw the ball more IF the Lions defense could have stopped the Chargers but they didnt.

That is my point, once the offense started struggling, but Abdullah was still making things happen the game plan needed to change and get him the ball more.

After seeing Hyde's elusiveness shread the Vikings D last night I am almost thinking Abdullah a must start. Ugh.

To be fair to Hyde I think him cutting weight had to do with most of how he looked last night. He didn't look that good or fast last year.

Yeah, I was never high on him before, but he really showed well last night. That spin move on his first TD was excellent both in execution and vision.

Lions ran 47 plays yesterday compared to 74 for the Chargers. 2 FDs rushing, 3/10 on 3rd down.

Offensive RB snaps:

• Abdullah 21
  • Bell 18
  • Burton (rookie FB) 11
  • Riddick 8
  • Zenner 2

11 touches on 21 snaps :)

Yeah, but 11 touches and 21 snaps aren't going to get it done on a consistent basis. He'd need roughly 15 touches for that. He broke a few long plays and scored this past week. You can't count on that all the time.

Quite frankly, that looks like a RBBC nightmare from the touches and snap counts. Will it stay that way is the question?

The interesting thing is how few plays Det actually ran. I'm curious to see what they do when they run 60 or so plays as opposed to less than 50.

Edited by jurb26

Dont like this talk about his workload "staying the same" from Caldwell:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/09/15/detroit-lions-starting-running-back/72299490/

Saw that. Seems to almost literally be saying "happy with usage week 1 & you expect the same going forward."

Maybe when they're 2-3 or 1-4 & averaging 13 PPG we'll get the "we need to get the ball in this guys hands" presser. Can't expect these NFL guys who've been coaching 39 seasons to improvise, adapt & overcome now. Gotta stick with the plan.

:oldunsure:

Edited by BobbyLayne

Yea, 7 touches isn't gonna cut it. Was hoping those targets to Riddick would go to Ameer.

I'll probably bench him in redraft next week, but I hope they scale up his involvement in the future.

Whatever they were trying to do today, it didn't work.

How the hell do DET RBs combine for 11 carries in a game that wasnt a blowout?! Ridiculous

It wasn't a blowout, but the Vikings got up 2 scores quickly, so the Lions were playing from behind all game.

And frankly, given the play of the Lions o-line, 11 rush attempts was far too many. The run game was completely hopeless.

Yea, 7 touches isn't gonna cut it. Was hoping those targets to Riddick would go to Ameer.

I'll probably bench him in redraft next week, but I hope they scale up his involvement in the future.

Whatever they were trying to do today, it didn't work.

Riddick was presumably in for pass protection reasons, which is understandable. Hopefully that's an area Abdullah picks up quickly so he can get on the field in obvious pass situations, which Detroit will be in plenty of for the foreseeable future.

I hate him, I hate the Lions, I hate myself for drafting him, I hate fantasy football, I especially ####### hate Romo who I swore I'd never draft again, ####### Pats are cheaters, Goodell is a turd and if I see one more ###### mother####ing draftkings or fanduel commercial I swear I'm going outside and shooting at cars. We're watching the Wire and if my wife mentions football we're divorcing.

• Like 16

Not one person involved with this team seems like they want to be there, players and coaches included.

I know rookies have to be worked in, but in the context of this game, which I watched a LOT of, it was befuddling to me they didn't seek to create more opportunites for him in some dumpoffs and screens just to open up more for Tate and CJ deep.

I was hoping Riddick would only be used when the game is out of hand, but he's awesome as a receiver and route runner. I can't say I blame coaching for using him. I also fear Bell's role will grow as the season progresses.

This whole situation stinks for FF purposes. :wall:

Edited by One

Once again I was fooled by the Lion's shiny new toy. This franchise is garbage and no man's land for RBs.

Not one person involved with this team seems like they want to be there, players and coaches included.

I know rookies have to be worked in, but in the context of this game, which I watched a LOT of, it was befuddling to me they didn't seek to create more opportunites for him in some dumpoffs and screens just to open up more for Tate and CJ deep.

Caldwell can destroy any fantasy players value. The guy stands stoic on the sideline with zero emotion while getting his teeth kicked in week after week. Forget about any consistency with this team along as that rotten turd is coaching and Lombardi is calling the plays. Remember, they let the other team dictate what they can do. They said it themselves. The rest of the league laughed at them. Look for an 0-5 start and they may be able to beat Chicago week 6. Their whole philosophy is to not make a mistake and not take any chances. Stafford looks like an idiot running around in the backfield afraid to throw the ball. Watching this offense is painful.