Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon

EBF

FWIW, it looks like he got benched after stopping in the middle of a circle route which led to the first pick.

I don't think he entered the game again after that play. Except for KO returns.

Edited by jurb26

They will watch film and figure out they need to get him involved. I'm still holding.

Not sure if this is serious or not, but :no:.

The good news for Ameer is that this staff will probably be gone after this season. No guarantee that the next one will like him, but I'm still optimistic from a dynasty standpoint. In redraft, he is nothing but an emergency bye week filler at this point.

I thought that he was supposed to be good?

154 all-purpose yards today bruh

I dropped him on October 21

Dropped Golden Tate the next week

That was my 6th and 4th round picks - started them each 4 times, nearly killed a team with AB/Gurley/Kelce

Man that was cathartic - suggest everyone go and do likewise

Finally dropped him to handcuff Ivory w Ridley. What a disappointment.

Just coming in here to see if anyone has dropped him yet.

I think I'm at that point. You got guys with potential like Langford and I'm handing on to turds like Abdullah and Matt Jones.

In my redraft he is a being cut tonight. 4th round pick......Jesus man what a huge waste of a pick. I really was very high on him as a rookie on a team with little competition for PT.

In 2 dynasty leagues......it is just hold, hope and pray that better days are ahead next season with a brand new staff that can figure out they really do have a talented RB that can play all three downs.

But right now that team is an utter dumpster fire. In fact Stafford may also be done there as well. I think it is time they say goodbye to him as well.

In my redraft he is a being cut tonight. 4th round pick......Jesus man what a huge waste of a pick. I really was very high on him as a rookie on a team with little competition for PT.

I just don't understand how so many people bought into there not being a lot of competition. This has been a RBBC nightmare from the very start.

Now you have Bell looking like the best RB on the team to boot.

I just don't understand how so many people bought into there not being a lot of competition. This has been a RBBC nightmare from the very start.

Now you have Bell looking like the best RB on the team to boot.

There really hasn't been, unfortunately for AA, he hasn't been able to stand out when giving the chance.

The only backfield in the NFL with worse talent going in to season was Titans off the top of my head.

Bought today in a 14 team dynasty where we have to start 2 RBs. Might blush if I admit what I gave up, but anyway I am gambling that his lack of results thus far is down to Detroit's general ineptitude and not his own lack of skill. I expect absolutely nothing from him this season, but hopefully the Lions will sack Caldwell and find an OL that can at least block a strong breeze.

• Like 1

I'll probably dive back in next year in re-draft leagues. I still think he possesses a lot of talent. I'd love to see him in a system that would give him 15-20 touches per game with a legitimate role in the passing game. He has been very good in space. Riddick's a terrific receiver out of the backfield but the refusal to involve Abdullah more in the passing game by both coordinators has been a huge mistake in my opinion.

A lot of the recent discussion has revolved around AA's value in daily, redraft, or keeper leagues.

For Dynasty, does anybody really think this guy is a future 3-down stud, or was he just a preseason tease? He looks like he might be a bust to me for where he was generally taken (#4 ADP). Small, fumbles a lot, bad team, etc.

A lot of the recent discussion has revolved around AA's value in daily, redraft, or keeper leagues.

For Dynasty, does anybody really think this guy is a future 3-down stud, or was he just a preseason tease? He looks like he might be a bust to me for where he was generally taken (#4 ADP). Small, fumbles a lot, bad team, etc.

He needs to be in the right situation. If he's on NE right now, then he is Dion Lewis lite. With maturity, some weight and his quickness, he is Dion Lewis this year down the line (and with the right coaching staff).

BUT ....

He's on the freaking lions who are an annual train wreck. Caldwell has no creativity or leadership ability. They drafted O-Line in the draft and they are still brutal there ... so in redraft he is a waste, maybe even keeper. Only hope, in my opinion, is dynasty.

Edited by Papa John's

He's gonna win fantasy championships this year.

He better get it together quick or he won't be started on a single roster during championships. Week 1 with new OC he received 1 carry. Not the trend you are looking for.

Joique has been effective on a limited basis the last couple games. Theo is still the preferred & trusted option. People are getting fired left and right but they seem quite content having their most talented RB function solely as a KR.

These NFL coaches are smarter than anyone posting here.

He's not a guy who could do it for every team, but in the right offense I think he could definitely be a 1,000+ yard rusher. I think of what the Eagles used to do with McCoy and Westbrook. Neither one of those guys was very big and neither was a first round pick, but they each found success in a system that was tailored to their strengths. I thought the Lions would use Abdullah like that, but thus far their plan seems to be...to not use him much at all. He only has two games of double digit carries and hasn't been targeted very often. The Lions rank 31st out of 32 NFL teams in rushing attempts and dead last in rushing yardage. You can blame some of that on him if you'd like. I'm sure someone like Peterson or Gurley could still find some yards on this team, but in general it seems like their blocking/utilization/play-calling are garbage.

I've downgraded him a bit from where I had him in May-August, but I remain cautiously optimistic and am more likely to buy than sell.

Dropped him this week for Michael. Good riddance.

I'd much rather own AA. Even if DMC were to go down I doubt Michael would be relevant (Rod Smith saw snaps last week, Michael did not). There's clearly something very wrong with Michael. We now know why SEA essentially gave him away for free.

My expectations for AA are now unbelievably low, but there's still a real shot he contributes this year. DET's season is lost so it makes sense that they may want to get their 2nd rounder more involved coming out of the bye.