What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

UCF WR Breshad Perriman debuted at No. 33 on NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah's board.

"Perriman is a tall, physical wide receiver with excellent big-play production throughout his college career. He uses his strength to power through press coverage," Jeremiah wrote. "He isn't explosive in his release, but he builds speed and he can find an extra gear when the ball is in the air. A lot of his production comes on three routes: posts, post corners and take-off routes. He isn't as effective when has to work back to the quarterback. He is too high into his break and he's sticky coming out. He makes some special high-point grabs, but he also has a lot of extension drops. His concentration needs to improve. After the catch, he is very physical to break tackles and he can pull away with speed. Overall, he has some tightness that limits his route versatility, but he should be an immediate deep threat as well as an inviting red zone target." NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt recently labeled Perriman as one of the draft's fastest risers and added that it wou

Feb 18 - 8:55 PM
Source: NFL.com
NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said he "put the [uCF WR Breshad Perriman] tape on about three weeks ago and I almost fell over."

"And then I had a bunch of people tell me he didn't have good hands and, boy, do I disagree with that, even though he's got more drops than he should," Mayock said. "There's kind of a way to interpret that. A wide receiver who has too many drops should have bad hands, right? Well, I look at his hands and say he makes acrobatic catches, he makes high-point catches, he makes contested catches. However, once in a while he drops an easy ball, but I think he's a natural hands catcher. I think he's got height and weight. I think he runs good routes. To me, he looks like a first-round wide receiver. I need to see what he's going to run this week. If he runs 4.50, 4.48, 4.51, people are going to be looking at him as a potential first-round wide receiver, and they should." NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt recently tweeted that Perriman is "ascending" and added that it would be "no surprise" if he went in Round 1.

Feb 17 - 8:18 PM
NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein says UCF WR Breshad Perriman has the "height, weight and speed numbers that every team covets."

"Quick accelerator off the snap and destroys the cushion, forcing cornerbacks into 'turn-and-run' mode," Zierlein wrote. "Rare combination of size, top-end speed and suddenness that can be found in some of the best receivers in the game." Perriman is one of the hottest prospects in the class at the moment. ESPN's Mel Kiper recently ranked Perriman as the No. 5 receiver in the class and mocked him to the 49ers at No. 15. NFL.com's Gil Brandt says Perriman is in the first-round mix.

Feb 13 - 2:47 AM
NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt tweeted that UCF WR Breshad Perriman is "ascending" and added that it would be "no surprise" if he went in Round 1.
We expected Perriman's stock to rise at the combine, but it has taken on some serious helium in advance of the event. The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder recorded 50 catches for 1,044 yards (20.9 YPR average) and nine touchdowns as a junior before declaring for the draft. According to Tony Pauline, Perriman did not receive a day one or day two grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board, which made sense at the time amidst a stacked WR class that includes West Virginia's Kevin White, Alabama's Amari Cooper, Louisville's DeVante Parker, Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham, Arizona State's Jaelen Strong and Ohio State's Devin Smith. Now, however, it looks like Perriman could transcend the slot of his father Brett, a second-round pick of the New Orleans Saints.

Feb 13 - 1:51 AM
UCF WR Breshad Perriman is "one of the bigger sleepers in the 2015 draft class at this point," according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.
Kiper mocks Perriman to the 49ers at No. 15. This is the most optimistic we've seen any analyst on the Knights' prospect. "Perriman is a player I've grown to really like as I've spent more time going through his tape," Kiper wrote. "At one time I had him as a likely second-round pick, but now I see him as a close call in terms of overall ability next to the top few wide receivers in this class. He's got size, and strength, and is going to run really fast at the combine and be a guy who can both stretch defenses vertically and also make plays over the middle and in traffic. He's also got great bloodlines, as I scouted his father (Brett) when he played for Miami. It's pretty obvious the 49ers are thin at wide receiver, and that's even if they bring back Michael Crabtree, which is no guarantee." Kiper ranks Perriman as the No. 5 receiver in the class, while many other scribes see him outside the top 15.

Source: ESPN Insider
Feb 11 - 11:18 PM
UCF WR Breshad Perriman is a "big play waiting to happen," per Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.
Perriman is "big, strong and can run," Weidl tweeted, but also calling attention to the number of drops the UCF receiver had in 2014. His ranking ranges from Mel Kiper placing Perriman as the No. 5 receiver in the class to others who see him outside the top 15.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter
Feb 10 - 10:55 AM
ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks UCF junior WR Breshad Perriman as the No. 5 receiver.
Kiper is higher on Perriman than anyone, now ranking the Golden Knight over more lauded prospects like Dorial Green-Beckham (Oklahoma), Jaelen Strong (Arizona St.), Sammie Coates (Auburn), Devin Smith (Ohio St.) and Jamison Crowder (Duke). TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reported last month that Perriman did not receive a Day 1 or 2 draft grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board, which means the group suggested he stay in school. Perriman drops balls he shouldn't, and his technique doesn't inspire, but he's a legit deep threat who forces safeties back, and he excels in contested situations, which the NFL will love. The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder finished the season with 50 catches for 1,044 yards (20.9 YPR average) and nine touchdowns.

Jan 31 - 6:40 PM
UCF junior WR Breshad Perriman "is a NFL prospect who will get more and more ink if he declares early," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.
"UCF WR Breshad Perriman is a NFL prospect who will get more and more ink if declares early. Good-sized athlete with big mitts," Brugler tweeted. The UCF prospect finished with four receptions for 139 yards and hauled in a miracle 51-yard Hail Mary as time expired to beat East Carolina 32-30 on Thursday. The 6-foot-2, 209-pound Perriman finished the regular season having caught a touchdown in seven straight contests, and nine of 10.

Source: CBS Sports
Fri, Dec 5, 2014 02:23:00 PM

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Cosell-Lists-Draft-Prospects-That-Fit-Browns/01cea104-c599-40db-8c19-01e181a3ba68?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Posted:

Feb 20, 2015 Cosell Lists Draft Prospects That Fit BrownsGreg Cosell of NFL Films talks about the prospects at the Combine that could be a fit for the Browns

...... ROUGH TRANSCRIPT of what Greg Cossell had to say about WR Breshard Perriman............

Q: How do you assess the wide receives in this draft?

GREG COSELL: ... Their are a couple of names that have really stood out to me that I've watched. Their is one who I don't think you've heard his name much but you'll start to hear his name more and that's Breshard Perriman from Central Florida. Who I've gotten a chance to watch on film ....

REALLY like him... 6'2, 216-218, he can move as well.

Ahhh um. And again you're always leery of comparing guys to present NFL players particularly really good ones because people think you're saying he's THAT GUY and I'm not saying that, but when I watched him. He had physical traits that really reminded me of a guy like Julio Jones. So I really like Breshard Perriman.

He then goes onto to name other WRs he likes and he also touches on different positions as well.

NFP Prospect Focus: Breshad Perriman

One of the most interesting players I have studied in recent weeks in Central Florida wide receiver Breshad Perriman. If any receiver is similar in size, athleticism, and overall receiving traits to Dallas’ Dez Bryant it’s Perriman.

Perriman is a third-year junior who is entering the Draft as an underclassman. He played in all games as a true freshman in 2012 and has been a starter the last two seasons. In 2013, he finished the season with 39 receptions for 811 yards and a 20.8 yards per catch average. This past season, he had 50 receptions for 144 yards and a 20.9 average per catch. He totaled 13 touchdowns in two seasons. With an average of over 20 yards per catch in the last two seasons, you can see that he is a big play performer.

Perriman has excellent size. I would think that he will measure in the 6027 – 215 area at the combine. He has a thick, muscular build with long arms and big hands. As an athlete, he is quick, fast, explosive, and has excellent jumping ability. When he goes up for a ball, he wins in most cases.

While I doubt Perriman is a burner, he is fast enough. He will most likely run in the mid to upper 4.4’s this week at Indianapolis. I would also guess that his vertical will be in the 36″ to 38” range and he will long jump about 10’6.

What separates him from many other receivers is his explosiveness and power. He is very quick off the line and into his routes. He has excellent body control and can break down and get in and out of a cut very quickly and easily. He does a good job using his body to shield the defender from the ball. He has excellent hands and will consistently make the difficult catch. In saying that, he also has some concentration lapses and will drop some catchable balls.

After the catch he is like a running back with the ball. He has a quick burst to pull away and also has the loose hips, quick feet and run instincts to make defenders miss in space. He is powerful and almost like a running back in space once he gets the ball in his hands.

He shows toughness and courage in traffic and consistently competes for the ball when defenders are around. He is also a good open field blocker when others have the ball

Overall, like most college receivers, Perriman still needs to develop his overall skills but he has the rare traits needed to become a dominant NFL receiver early in his career. Right now, you don’t hear Perriman’s name much in the same conversations about the top receivers in this draft. After this week’s Combine, I expect that to change as I’d be surprised if Perriman doesn’t put on a strong showing. I see him being drafted in the middle part of the first round, and he will play and contribute as a rookie.
Draft Breakdown

Three weeks ago I was hoping Perriman would float under the radar, but obviously not. When I first gathered his info he was flashing 'buy' in bright neon lights.

He actually measured smaller at the combine than I'd have liked and we won't get a great read on his measurables now with only the Pro Day stats, so I doubt he falls far enough that I'll be buying. But he's a legit pro for sure.

With the rookie wrs through ASU's Strong likely to all be gone by pick eight in drafts, I think another wr or two will crack the 9-12 spots. Here is a prime candidate.

Rotoworld:

UCF WR Breshad Perriman "been a favorite of mine who I feel is a first-round talent," wrote ESPN's Mel Kiper.
"We won't see Perriman run until his pro day, but at 6-2 and 212 pounds, on the tape you see a sure-handed receiver who morphs into a running back with the ball in his hands," Kiper wrote. Perriman was held out of the combine due to a minor injury, but scouts will get a chance to check him out at the school's pro day on March 25. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah ranks Perriman No. 33, and Gil Brandt recently labeled Perriman as one of the draft's fastest risers.

Feb 28 - 8:26 PM

Rotoworld:

UCF WR Breshad Perriman's pro day workout is scheduled for March 25.
Perriman was held out of the combine due to a minor injury. "Perriman is receiving some attention as a potential first-rounder, and to keep the hype train on track, a good workout is vital," noted NFL Media. "He is a big, physical receiver -- one of many in this class. One thing Perriman has had to have noticed: 'Big receivers' Amari Cooper, Dorial Green-Beckham, DeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong and Kevin White all ran faster than 4.50 in the 40 at the combine, and all but DGB were faster than 4.45." The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder, who recorded 50 catches for 1,044 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior before declaring for the draft, probably hopes to run in the mid-to-high 4.4s.

Mar 1 - 5:25 PM

Rotoworld:

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes if UCF WR Breshad Perriman could potentially sneak into late Round 1 with a good pro day.

Perriman's pro day workout is scheduled for March 25. While the analyst believes the Golden Knight is a big play receiver, "he is a bit of a straight-line route runner and has displayed inconsistent ball skills." Perriman's pro day workout is crucial because he couldn't work out at the combine due to a minor injury. "One of Perriman's strengths is as a vertical threat, so how he performs in the 40-yard dash and vertical and broad jumps will be very important," Weidl wrote. "In addition, scouts will look for Perriman's ability to run the entire route tree, and he also will need to catch the ball well to help ease concerns about his drops." Weidl doesn't believe Perriman is a first-rounder based on tape.

Mar 3 - 11:04 PM

Rotoworld:

UCF WR Breshad Perriman had a drop rate of 12.96% in 2014, according to PFF.
That is terrible. The sample size might be smaller than others, as Perriman dropped seven of 54 catchable passes, but PFF has a tendency to side with the receiver on what exactly is "catchable." Perriman would have generated more buzz if he worked out at the Combine and still has a shot at being a late first-round selection, but very poor drop rates tend to carry over to the NFL - at least early on.

Source: Steve Palazzolo on Twitter
Mar 4 - 10:13 AM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Mel Kiper slotted UCF WR Breshad Perriman No. 31 to the Seahawks in a mock draft published last week.

The Seahawks, of course, no longer have this pick after shipping it as part of a package to acquire Jimmy Graham from the Saints. The news isn't that, but rather that Kiper perceives Perriman as a first-rounder amidst a stacked WR class. "One of the bigger sleepers in the 2015 draft class at this point, Perriman has good length but will also prove dangerous after the catch," Kiper wrote. "At one time I had him as a likely second-round pick, but now I see him as a close call in terms of overall ability next to the top few wide receivers in this class."

Mar 10 - 9:45 PM

Xue said:
I currently have Perriman over Strong.
Multiple spots or just 1?

I have Strong 1 spot above Perriman
4 spots.
Mind sharing a bit on why? I absolutely love what I see in Perriman's highlights--his upside seems as high as anyone's. That said, I've read that he has major concentration issues, leading to a lot of drops, and that his route tree is limited and sloppy.

Xue said:

4 spots.
Mind sharing a bit on why? I absolutely love what I see in Perriman's highlights--his upside seems as high as anyone's. That said, I've read that he has major concentration issues, leading to a lot of drops, and that his route tree is limited and sloppy.
Average route runner. Below average change of direction and hip flexibility (7.44 3-cone). Doesn't play up to his measurables. Played the slot a good amount to pad some of his numbers.

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman - WR - Knights

UCF WR Breshad Perriman is "very well-liked in NFL circles with his size/athleticism combination," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

"He is very well-liked in NFL circles with his size/athleticism combination so teams are eager to put testing numbers next to his name to see how it matches up with his film," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder strained his hamstring right before the combine, and wasn't cleared to perform in Indianapolis. Perriman plans to do a full workout for evaluators on March 25th.

Source: CBS Sports

Mar 23 - 2:26 PM

4 spots.
Average route runner. Below average change of direction and hip flexibility (7.44 3-cone). Doesn't play up to his measurables. Played the slot a good amount to pad some of his numbers.
Sounds like you're talking about Strong here? If you're saying that about Perriman you must really not like either of these guys.

Did that 40 look slow to anybody else? Maybe it was just the angle.

We need an official 40 time from Xue.

Terrible angle. It's hard to tell how fast he's running. I'd assume just trust those who timed it. Seems pretty consistent that he was in the 4.25 to 2.27 range by those there.

4 spots.
Sounds like you're talking about Strong here? If you're saying that about Perriman you must really not like either of these guys.
Talking about Strong.

Multiple spots or just 1?I have Strong 1 spot above Perriman
4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Perriman doesn't run good routes, either. He also drops a lot of balls.

Terrible angle. It's hard to tell how fast he's running. I'd assume just trust those who timed it. Seems pretty consistent that he was in the 4.25 to 2.27 range by those there.
2.27 would be something...

:P ;)
Indeed. :lol:
It would be pretty hard for a QB to overthrow that guy.

I've read that his drops are concentration related. That, and the route running, could be solvable problems. I haven't seen him play yet, just relying on others info.

I've read that his drops are concentration related. That, and the route running, could be solvable problems. I haven't seen him play yet, just relying on others info.
I'd say his drops are mostly concentration and letting the ball into his body.

4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Disagree. Perriman is a good route runner. He's just inconsistent like every other WR. He uses a variety of releases and fakes. Guys like White, Strong, and Parker don't.

4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Disagree. Perriman is a good route runner. He's just inconsistent like every other WR. He uses a variety of releases and fakes. Guys like White, Strong, and Parker don't.
Releases and fakes don't equal running good routes. He gets high before his breaks and rounds cuts badly. He also doesn't attack and work back to the ball well on curls and comeback routes. his release is OK but most CBs I saw bailed out and feared his speed too much to stay in and actually try and battle him at the LOS. That will change in the NFL.

4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Releases and fakes don't equal running good routes. He gets high before his breaks and rounds cuts badly. He also doesn't attack and work back to the ball well on curls and comeback routes.his release is OK but most CBs I saw bailed out and feared his speed too much to stay in and actually try and battle him at the LOS. That will change in the NFL.
You just described White and Parker. Releases and fakes do equal spacial and route awareness. It's the bigger picture of a good route runner, not just making a sharp break. He knows how to turn around a CB. White, Parker, and Strong don't do it. It's something Davante Adams could do in college, even though he didn't run a variety of routes.

Cooper and Parker are better off the line. White I'm not sure. I've seen him do it well but not enough.

I'd love to track down some footage of Perriman facing CBs with enough guts to stand in and actually challenge him at the LOS, but I haven't. Perriman has the speed and explosiveness that puts timid DBs on their heals. UCF threw a ton of 9 routes to him so it was a valid fear.

4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Parker is sick getting release off the line.

4 spots.
Talking about Strong.
Agreed, but he doesn't have Perriman's wheels so he doesn't pull away as well. Also, the fact that he isn't as fast gives CBs more confidence to stand in and challenge him whereas CBs were regularly bailing on Perriman because of his speed. I like this part of Perriman's game but it's irritating watching CBs open up their hips at the snap when covering him. He does a great job capitalizing on it but I don't think its a simple translation to the NFL.

Regardless, I don't like his shoulders rising before breaks, giving away cuts and the lack of sharpness (rounding) of his routes. Kind of odd he wouldn't be better than this seeing who his father is. I suspect he's just always been able to out athlete everyone so it hasn't mattered much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, but he doesn't have Perriman's wheels so he doesn't pull away as well. Also, the fact that he isn't as fast gives CBs more confidence to stand in and challenge him whereas CBs were regularly bailing on Perriman because of his speed.I like this part of Perriman's game but it's irritating watching CBs open up their hips at the snap when covering him. He does a great job capitalizing on it but I don't think its a simple translation to the NFL.

Regardless, I don't like his shoulders rising before breaks, giving away cuts and the lack of sharpness (rounding) of his routes. Kind of odd he wouldn't be better than this seeing who his father is. I suspect he's just always been able to out athlete everyone so it hasn't mattered much.
You just described nearly every WR not named Cooper or Lockett in this draft when it comes to route running. Perriman isn't a great route runner, but he has a good feel for working the CB and that's what's important at this point.

Here is an example. He jabs with the left foot to fake outside, then uses his hands to work back inside, then uses them again to get back outside: http://gfycat.com/ArcticGorgeousFruitbat

Parker has great feet, but he could use his hands more. White has horrible feet, but he uses his hands well. Perriman is a bit heavy-footed. It's one reason he kind of plays slower than his timed speed.

Overall, his route running is just an effort issue, just like a lot of college WRs.

Well he's a 1st round pick now and maybe a top 20 pick. That puts him in the discussion at the 1.06 in rookie dynasty drafts. He could jump Parker and Beckham depending where he gets drafted.

Well he's a 1st round pick now and maybe a top 20 pick. That puts him in the discussion at the 1.06 in rookie dynasty drafts. He could jump Parker and Beckham depending where he gets drafted.
Balls .... Really? 1.06? I think you might be a little high mayne. He's climbing my board for sure - but 6th overall in a rookie draft is a reach right now.

... Targeting him with my 2.03 in a 12 team. I think that's were he will consistently be drafted. Although the NFL draft hasn't wven happened so we really DONT know shizz when it cones to predicting his rookie draft slot

Users who are viewing this thread