What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (1 Viewer)

With last year being an entire Baltimore disaster, I think if everyone comes back healthy, this is going to be an exciting FF prospect.  Perriman lost the year of play but what he gained was a year to learn how to be a pro in other ways and that probably doesn't hurt.  But the thing with this guy is that you can't teach the speed he has and Flacco will certainly chuck it. 

I would never expect this guy to be like Hopkins or Dez or D. Thomas and just stuff point after point after point up on each drive but this is going to be the type of guy who , either on your side or you become the victim of, You'll be sitting there on any random handful of Sundays during the season and you're going to see stats lines of 5/160/2 (with some huge 15 point long TD).  He is going to be what Torrey was sometimes, what Travis Benjamin did a time or two last year, what VJAX used to do on occasion. 

Actually, I think I found my comp: good ole feast or famine VJAX who made you scratch your head one week and then laugh hysterically at the 27 first half points he pops for you when they catch those certain matchups. 
I wrote this 3 1/2 years ago.  Just call me shutoutradamous.  

Unbelievable finish to the season.  It'll be interesting to see how they spread the ball around next season.  Definitely someone to look at in the later rounds.  I hope that most of FF forgets how good he finished the season once Evans/Godwin are back healthy.

Unbelievable finish to the season.  It'll be interesting to see how they spread the ball around next season.  Definitely someone to look at in the later rounds.  I hope that most of FF forgets how good he finished the season once Evans/Godwin are back healthy.
Sadly, it kind of works in reverse.  Everyone who owns performance will be trying to manufacture ways to downgrade Evans and Godwin and pumping Perriman but when the season starts, it will be Evans and Godwin again and.....when Arians brings David Johnson over from Zona, it will all change and nobody outside the big three will matter.  

Sadly, it kind of works in reverse.  Everyone who owns performance will be trying to manufacture ways to downgrade Evans and Godwin and pumping Perriman but when the season starts, it will be Evans and Godwin again and.....when Arians brings David Johnson over from Zona, it will all change and nobody outside the big three will matter.  
Well if they're crazy enough to give me a deal on Evans or Godwin, I'll take that too.

Except Perriman is a FA. So he may go somewhere else where he can start. Definitely a player to monitor in the off season.

az_prof said:
Except Perriman is a FA. So he may go somewhere else where he can start. Definitely a player to monitor in the off season.
Perriman should go somewhere where he can start.   Seems likely that a few teams will be interested.   

Impending free agent Breshad Perriman hopes to re-sign with the Buccaneers this offseason.

After underwhelming at previous stops in Baltimore and Cleveland, the late bloomer thrived in Tampa, showing instant chemistry with gunslinger Jameis Winston in 2019. Perriman said he prefers the Bucs' aggressive downfield style to some of the more conservative offenses he's played in. Among the league leaders in yards per catch (17.9), the 2015 first-rounder should make a pretty penny on the open market this offseason.

SOURCE: Scott Smith on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 12:18 PM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Buccaneers could focus on re-signing free agent WR Breshad Perriman.

Fowler writes the Bucs were interested in bringing back their own free agents prior to diving into negotiations with Tom Brady, so it only makes sense the organization would turn its attention to re-signing Perriman. Four months younger than free agent speedster Robby Anderson, 26-year-old Perriman flashed with 5/104.8/1.3 per game in Tampa Bay's last four bouts — his second consecutive December breakout. The 2015 first-rounder's deflated market makes him an intriguing add for any suitors seeking perimeter jets.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Mar 20, 2020, 10:02 AM ET

Waiting on this one with a watchful eye as I grabbed him off waivers last season. Kind of was hoping he’d get a move somewhere else that would boost his value as a potential trade gambit. 

Waiting on this one with a watchful eye as I grabbed him off waivers last season. Kind of was hoping he’d get a move somewhere else that would boost his value as a potential trade gambit. 
Me too. Surprised there doesn't seem to be much interest in him around the league, the light seemed to come on 2nd half of the season. 

He’s a FA in my Dyno league. He’ll be available in the Vet/Rookie Draft. I’m not sure where he falls yet but he’s on my radar.

Tex

If he re-signs with Bucs even with Brady I think his value is low because he is 3rd or 4th mouth to feed.  If he goes somewhere he can be a WR2 then he is worth rostering. I have him and am trying to decide if I will drop him to make room for rookie draft. Weeks 13-17 last year he was definitely worth owning.

If he re-signs with Bucs even with Brady I think his value is low because he is 3rd or 4th mouth to feed.  If he goes somewhere he can be a WR2 then he is worth rostering. I have him and am trying to decide if I will drop him to make room for rookie draft. Weeks 13-17 last year he was definitely worth owning.
Would love to see him land with the Packers.

I wouldn’t mind a team friendly deal in the 3/25 12M guaranteed area for the Eagles. He’d fit in nicely with a draft pick.

UGG, to the Jets. His value will be shot just like all the other players to play under the "fantasy killer" Gase.
Better than staying in TB at least. Anderson was able to string together some good games, he should get a chance to be an okay #3 fantasy guy I'd think. 

Jets signed WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Buccaneers, to a one-year, $8 million contract.

Perriman locked in $6 million guaranteed, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Jets attempted to re-sign Robby Anderson, but were left with signing the poor man's version of him for just $2 million less after Anderson bolted for Carolina. Perriman will fill the deep threat role in New York with Jamison Crowder handling slot duties. A signing like this was necessary given their current depth chart, but it hardly prevents them from addressing the position early in the 2020 NFL Draft. Perriman will likely compete to be Sam Darnold's No. 2 or 3 target this offseason as a double-digit round fantasy pick. He had a career-high 645 yards as the Bucs' third option last season.

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 24, 2020, 7:18 PM ET

I don’t mind this actually. Has a chance to become a favourite target of Darnold, and they will have plenty of games where they will have to throw the ball a lot. 

I don’t mind this actually. Has a chance to become a favourite target of Darnold, and they will have plenty of games where they will have to throw the ball a lot. 
Yeah maybe I overreacted to the Gase factor. It just has seemed like Gase chokes out every players fantasy value- Drake, Bell and Parker. The Sirius Fantasy channel guys seem to like the landing spot.

The Jets' only weapons are Crowder, Herndon (missed a year), Vyncent Smith, Braxton Berrios and the WR they draft. I mean Perriman should be no worse than the #2 receiving threat.

The Jets' only weapons are Crowder, Herndon (missed a year), Vyncent Smith, Braxton Berrios and the WR they draft. I mean Perriman should be no worse than the #2 receiving threat.
They will likely spend a first or second round pick at WR, but even if they didn't Periman would likely be third behind Herndon and Crowder in the pecking order and that's assuming Enunwa doesn't make it back (which is a solid assumption). 

I think this was one of the better spots he could have landed.

Yeah maybe I overreacted to the Gase factor. It just has seemed like Gase chokes out every players fantasy value-
That was a such a popular narrative last year, and in the cases of the players you listed very true.

But Crowder just had his best seasons of his career, though to be fair even with his strong season it was mystifying how in a few games they'd come red hot throwing to Crowder and then just stop throwing him the ball, he was good, should have done more. 

Jarvis Landry had his two best and 3 of this top 4 seasons with Gase.

And even the players he used to coach and got better without him you can at least defend him in some very small fashion on Drake because the current Dolphins staff did same mistake. With Drake, that's less me blaming staff(s) for not seeing what they had so much as credit to Kliff for seeing what he could be.

Not ideal but this should boost Perriman's value some because he will be starting and while Herdon and Crowder have talent, they are also both often injured.  I see an uptick in targets for Perriman.

Not ideal but this should boost Perriman's value some because he will be starting and while Herdon and Crowder have talent, they are also both often injured.  I see an uptick in targets for Perriman.
I don't disagree here, but Perriman hasn't exactly been a beacon of health either.   I like him.   He has been beat up also

The thing is...if you have him in dynasty as I do...this landing spot means you probably won't cut him for rookie draft but you can't be all that optimistic either. It's sort of the worst of both worlds--if he had a horrible landing spot you would cut him but this isn't Philly or Green Bay or Houston either so you can't be too excited and you can't trade him.  

The thing is...if you have him in dynasty as I do...this landing spot means you probably won't cut him for rookie draft but you can't be all that optimistic either. It's sort of the worst of both worlds--if he had a horrible landing spot you would cut him but this isn't Philly or Green Bay or Houston either so you can't be too excited and you can't trade him.  
I own him in dynasty as well. I guess if you truly don’t believe he can at least return WR3-4 value, you can try and flip for maybe a 3rd. But I’m not sure what his trade value really is. He’s like my WR6 or WR7 on my roster but I’d probably only move him for like an early 3rd at this point. 

So what you’re all saying- he deserves to be rostered, but I’d rather he be on your roster.
He’s a dart throw, but the Jets gave him a decent enough contract. But he’s a dart throw that’s also a former 1st round pick who’s also a year younger than Devante Parker and he’s shown limited flashes the last two years. I’m not saying he’s going to put up numbers like Parker just did by any means, but stranger things have happened. 

I absolutely love me some Perriman with his 11-12th round ADP in 14th teamers. I liked the streak he was on the end of last year, and I believe he can have a somewhat similar level of impact if employed on more high-percentage routes. His ADP across multiple draft sites is actually 14th round; same round as Randall Cobb and Michael Pittman Jr. Perriman is a very low risk-medium to high reward guy.

Users who are viewing this thread