Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Breshad Perriman, Lions

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman - WR - Ravens

Ravens officials don't consider wide receiver a pressing need heading into training camp.

It's a vote of confidence for first-round rookie Breshad Perriman, as well as Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown. The Ravens had no interest in free agent Reggie Wayne because they "don't want to push younger receivers" down the depth chart. Perriman remains the favorite to start opposite 36-year-old Steve Smith Week 1.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 20 - 11:16 AM

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way I could put OBJ in my championship line up after the turd he’s been all year. I actually cut him two weeks ago to avoid this decision. I hope he works out for you if you start him, but Perriman

Where the heck was all this for the past 5 years when I drafted you in the 1st round of my rookie draft.  Do nothing for 4 and 3/4 years and then explode.

Yeesh. Who do you like in this draft at WR? 

Rotoworld:

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley projects first-round pick Breshad Perriman as the starting wideout opposite Steve Smith Sr.

This may seem obvious to most considering Perriman's first-round pedigree, but Perriman only rotated with the first team at spring practices, sharing time with Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown. Aiken actually got the most reps with the ones. Hensley acknowledges Perriman is "trying to beat out" Aiken and Brown.
Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 12:50 PM

I really think he's being underrated. He might not start off hot, but I think he'll be a WR2 by year's end. Kind of similar to what Jordan Matthews did last season. Long term, I think he's the 2nd best WR in this draft class after Cooper.

I really think he's being underrated. He might not start off hot, but I think he'll be a WR2 by year's end. Kind of similar to what Jordan Matthews did last season. Long term, I think he's the 2nd best WR in this draft class after Cooper.

That's pretty bold. So career wise he'll be better off than DGB, Parker, Agholor, White, Strong, Funchess, and all the other dark horse "come out of nowhere" types? Yeah I'll take the field rather easily.

That's pretty bold. So career wise he'll be better off than DGB, Parker, Agholor, White, Strong, Funchess, and all the other dark horse "come out of nowhere" types? Yeah I'll take the field rather easily.

I can go along with that statement.

DGB is 50/50. He will be a monster or he will be on the Da'Rick Rogers/Justin Hunter express as early as next season.

Parker-The foot issue is going to slow him initially and I'm not sure Miami is going to be the best place.

Strong-Just don't see it.

White-Yeah, this one might be the one that keeps him out. This is the legit threat in this group.

Funchess-Could also be a legit threat but we're talking FF here and there are factors where I could see Perriman in Baltimore being a better gig than Funchess in Carolina playing alongside the guys he is with.

So, overall, White probably WILL keep the scenario from having but I think it's close enough to where the original statement is worth thinking about.

DGB is 50/50. He will be a monster or he will be on the Da'Rick Rogers/Justin Hunter express as early as next season.

Parker-The foot issue is going to slow him initially and I'm not sure Miami is going to be the best place.

White-Yeah, this one might be the one that keeps him out. This is the legit threat in this group.

Funchess-Could also be a legit threat but we're talking FF here and there are factors where I could see Perriman in Baltimore being a better gig than Funchess in Carolina playing alongside the guys he is with.

So, overall, White probably WILL keep the scenario from having but I think it's close enough to where the original statement is worth thinking about.

Dismiss a half dozen guys with a single sentence? I'll take the field.

I was really disappointed to hear of Parker's injury. That was a big let down from the post draft excitement. So, what is wrong with the Miami destination? There are better (and worse) situations around the league but I would think it very comparable to Baltimore.

ETA: Speaking of situation, Ithink Agholor is in a great spot to similar to Cobb.

Edited by DropKick

Rotoworld:

Ravens rookie WR Breshad Perriman ran with the starters as training camp opened Thursday.

The WR-needy Ravens didn't use the No. 26 overall pick on Perriman to have him sit. Although Kamar Aiken soaked up plenty of first-team reps during the spring, Perriman is the prototypical size/speed specimen that will have to fall flat on his face to lose the job. With only 36-year-old Steve Smith and unproven tight ends as competition for targets, Perriman has value at his ninth-round ADP.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dismiss a half dozen guys with a single sentence? I'll take the field.

I was really disappointed to hear of Parker's injury. That was a big let down from the post draft excitement. So, what is wrong with the Miami destination? There are better (and worse) situations around the league but I would think it very comparable to Baltimore.

ETA: Speaking of situation, Ithink Agholor is in a great spot to similar to Cobb.

Well I would take the field, too, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he outperforms that list. It's not that crazy. Someone has to be the #2. He's fast and he's tall. Trestman is going to target him a LOT!!

Um, what are you talking about taking the field? I'm talking about rankings, there is no such thing as taking the field.

• Like 1

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman is "day to day" after suffering a knee injury at Ravens camp on Thursday.

The Ravens say Perriman's knee injury is a bruise. With Perriman on the shelf at Friday's practice, fill-in Kamar Aiken dropped two passes. Perriman figures to be back on the practice field by no later than early next week.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Jul 31 - 2:16 PM

Um, what are you talking about taking the field? I'm talking about rankings, there is no such thing as taking the field.

I'm talking about the fact you declaring Perriman as the 2nd best WR in this draft class for their entire careers... Exactly what you said. I will take the odd's against that happening, as in I'll take the field of players for someone to come out ahead of him. We're talking "long term" so explain how that isn't the same as career? Long term rankings, if that's what you meant? I'll still take the rest of the draft class as someone coming out ahead of Perriman. Generally the better career has a higher ranking so I am unable to see how they aren't the same thing.

that seems like a bad comp? mathews played slot with a QB who loved to throw over the middle. Unless this kid is crazy good, Torrey smith production is your "everything went right this season" ceiling... right?

Edited by iamkoza

Yeah the Torrey Smith comparison is fair. He's stepping right into the identical situation. He's faster and bigger though. Still need the hands question answered and 2016 could be a totally different situation.

I'm talking about the fact you declaring Perriman as the 2nd best WR in this draft class for their entire careers... Exactly what you said. I will take the odd's against that happening, as in I'll take the field of players for someone to come out ahead of him. We're talking "long term" so explain how that isn't the same as career? Long term rankings, if that's what you meant? I'll still take the rest of the draft class as someone coming out ahead of Perriman. Generally the better career has a higher ranking so I am unable to see how they aren't the same thing.

So who would you pick to be 2nd? Just picking the field is stupid and pointless.

that seems like a bad comp? mathews played slot with a QB who loved to throw over the middle. Unless this kid is crazy good, Torrey smith production is your "everything went right this season" ceiling... right?

I didn't mean usage like at all, I meant production wise.

I also think Perriman is better than Torrey Smith, and the Ravens will likely throw a lot more this year with Trestman calling the plays. Torrey Smith likely would have been more productive this year if he'd stayed in Baltimore.

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman's bruised knee may keep him out longer than expected though the Ravens don't consider it a long-term injury.

Perriman suffered the injury on the first day of training camp. The first-round pick struggled with drops at minicamp but should be a productive fantasy contributor when he finally gets healthy. He's filling Torrey Smith's old role as Joe Flacco's primary deep threat alongside veteran Steve Smith Sr.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Aug 2 - 10:12 AM

So who would you pick to be 2nd? Just picking the field is stupid and pointless.

Just picking 1 person out of an entire draft class for a certain spot is stupid and pointless. Or are we playing the "what-if" game? Ok let's play. So much can change on any given second. What if Amari gets shot randomly at a restaurant? What if White tears his ACL 2 years in a row? What if Parker gets hit in the face with no helmet by a football and gets a tooth lodged in his throat and chokes to death? I mean we're all speculating here and it's just useless to pick a #1 and #2.

I will say that I think Cooper, White, Agholor have the best chance to be the best 3 of this class based purely on skillset though. But there is always a dark horse candidate that comes out of nowhere and then everyone and their mother starts re-evaluating him to figure out if he was a flash in the pan or the real deal. That could be Perriman for me, but we won't know that for 3 more years. That "flash" won't necessarily be this year, but the WR learning curve could have a guy sneak through this year and become "the guy" next year. Anybody could end up being the #2 for their career. I've stated my opinion on Perriman plenty of times and I just don't think he'll last as a viable option for very long.

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman (knee) is expected to miss "at least another couple days."

Perriman missed his fifth straight practice Wednesday. He's trying to shake off what the Ravens have characterized as a "knee bruise," which Perriman suffered on the first practice of camp. It does sound like he'll return next week.
Aug 5 - 1:26 PM

Rotoworld:

Coach John Harbaugh said Breshad Perriman (knee) is close to returning.

Perriman has missed over a week with his knee issue. He'll have a chance to return before Baltimore's first preseason game, but will likely be held out. Perriman remains the favorite to start at X receiver.

Source: Clifton Brown on Twitter

Aug 8 - 8:26 PM

Rotoworld:

Ravens first-round WR Breshad Perriman (knee) missed his 10th straight practice Tuesday.

Perriman remains day to day, but is now all but certain to miss Thursday's preseason opener. It's not a good start for a player the Ravens need to slide in opposite Steve Smith Sr. right away. Kamar Aiken is running with the first-team offense in Perriman's absence.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Aug 11 - 2:06 PM

Rotoworld:

The Ravens sent first-round pick Breshad Perriman for an MRI on his "bruised and strained" knee on Monday.

The Ravens have become increasingly frustrated with Perriman's slower-than-anticipated recovery, which has lasted since the first day of training camp. The good news is Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Perriman's MRI results were "normal," and he should resume practicing "in a week or so." Perriman's Average Draft Position has begun to descend rapidly, potentially setting him up to be a value pick in the ninth round of 12-team drafts.
Aug 18 - 1:49 PM

Rotoworld:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirms Breshad Perriman's (knee) MRI came back normal, but that the first-rounder is still dealing with swelling.

Harbaugh called the rookie wideout's injury a sprain. It's unclear when Perriman might return to preseason action, but his Week 1 status doesn't yet appear to be in doubt. The Ravens would undoubtedly like Perriman to be ready for the team's regular season dress rehearsal on August 29.
Aug 18 - 2:43 PM

Do Periman's nagging injuires potentially open the doors for rookie WR Darren Waller?

Intriguing size at 6'6. I thought the Ravens were going to try him as a move-TE but they have kept him at WR and he seems to be making plays.

----------------------------

TURRON DAVENPORT@TDavenport_NFL 9m9 minutes ago

One player that is making plays today for #Ravens is Darren Waller. The 6-6 WR just went up and made a catch on the end zone.

Ravens first-round WR Breshad Perriman is dealing with a sprained right PCL.

Speaking two days ago, coach John Harbaugh said Perriman's MRI came back "normal," but a sprained PCL would certainly qualify as an abnormality. Perriman has been sidelined since the first practice of camp, and remains without a firm return date. It's looking increasingly likely he'll miss the entire preseason. For now, we don't have reason to doubt Perriman's Week 1 status, but that could change.

Per Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Who is the favorite to start with Perriman out? Aiken? Butler?

They haven't said it will be anything that keeps Perriman from being ready to start the season and, to be honest, I think even if it did, it would be very short-lived. It's pretty clear the Ravens specifically have Perriman in mind to replace the T. Smith role. They might make do if they have to for a week or two but I think he is going to be abck in there as soon as he is ready to go. The coaches haven't expressed concern that his absence is mentally holding him back in terms of learning the offense.

What about Campanaro? How does he fit in?

Some recent Dr. Jene tweets per Perriman's injury status.

----------------------------------

Jene Bramel@JeneBramel 37m37 minutes ago

Perriman injured over week ago but also said to have swelling recently. Makes tougher to pinpoint timeframe, but expect another 1-2 wks min.

Jene Bramel@JeneBramel 40m40 minutes ago

Some PCL sprains associated with other injuries to back of knee. If those present, recovery can be slower.

Jene Bramel@JeneBramel 41m41 minutes ago

Recovery from PCL strain dependent on severity with range of 2-6 wks. Can sometimes affect knee long term but most recover well.

Jene Bramel@JeneBramel 45m45 minutes ago

Jene Bramel retweeted Jamison Hensley

Normal MRI? Strained tendon? Not so much. Yet another lesson on why you can't trust coaches on preseason injuries.

>>>> Jamison Hensley@jamisonhensley 2h2 hours ago

Ravens WR Breshad Perriman is watching from sideline with a brace on right knee. He has a sprained PCL and... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0426070765960434491-4

Rotoworld:

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley said rookie WR Breshad Perriman has no shot to start Week 1.

Perriman has been sidelined since the first practice of training camp with a sprained PCL. There is no timetable on when he will return, and there is a decent chance he does not even suit up for Week 1. Kamar Aiken should open the season opposite Steve Smith in two-wide sets.

Source: ESPN

Sep 3 - 8:20 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Rotoworld:

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reported Breshad Perriman (knee) is expected back by October.

Wilson, who covered the Ravens before this season, said Perriman is "progressing." Perriman has been out since the end of July with a sprained PCL. A raw rookie who missed all of training camp, Perriman is badly needed by a Baltimore offense that is currently painfully short on weapons.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Sep 15 - 12:03 PM

Check with your leaguemates and see if they're panicking about the injury recovery and lack of training camp yet, dynasty owners. Checked my email today and found an offer of Perriman straight up for Coleman. Obviously that's reactionary and the guy is very high on Coleman but my point is that some owners may be spooked early, especially if they're impatient and frustrated.

• Like 1

This guy is sitting on every waiver in all 4 redraft leagues I am in.

Truth be known, I'm not very interested, since I doubt I see much more than WR3 production, especially when he does eventually make his way back to the field. (next year and beyond may be better)

But I am severely lacking a 4th WR in one particular league, in a league that starts 3.

Is this guy talented enough to make real contributions when he does eventually return?

I am desperate for some help at WR at some point, and I am currently sitting on Moncreif, which as far as I can see, is probably close to the same value, though I see Perriman being a notch or two better (due to lack of weapons and scenario there in Baltimore) in say 5+ weeks.

Is this a good "bench hold" ? Or should I be looking elsewhere.

Can this guy be a low end WR2 when he does see the field and gets up to speed???

There was a bit of buzz surrounding him in the offseason, and then all of a sudden it went completely silent, which I am assuming is due to injury.

I don't know much about Perriman to be honest, and some good input would be a help.

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

Truth be known, I'm not very interested, since I doubt I see much more than WR3 production, especially when he does eventually make his way back to the field. (next year and beyond may be better)

But I am severely lacking a 4th WR in one particular league, in a league that starts 3.

Is this guy talented enough to make real contributions when he does eventually return?

I am desperate for some help at WR at some point, and I am currently sitting on Moncreif, which as far as I can see, is probably close to the same value, though I see Perriman being a notch or two better (due to lack of weapons and scenario there in Baltimore) in say 5+ weeks.

Can this guy be a low end WR2 when he does see the field and gets up to speed???

There was a bit of buzz surrounding him in the offseason, and then all of a sudden it went completely silent, which I am assuming is due to injury.

I don't know much about Perriman to be honest, and some good input would be a help.

TZM

im also interested

TZM

Pretty clear now Moncrief is way more valuable than Perriman. Nobody really knows what to expect out of him.

Negatives: missed most of the preseason and may not be ready mentally for the NFL, injury has been going on for awhile and he we have to wonder about his health/conditioning level when he returns, draftniks were very critical of his route running and hands. He was seen as a guy that needed development.

Positives: major opportunity on an offense in need of targets, big, and FAST. He is definitely an NFL #1 WR physically, he is that kind of athlete.

IMO, rostering him in redraft is taking a Kelvin Benjamin type risk. You are betting that physical skills and opportunity can override numerous other flaws. It's a much riskier bet though since Kelvin had all offseason to practice and was able to generate a lot of positive buzz. Best case scenario, he is Torrey Smith. Worst case scenario, he is Marlon Brown.

• Like 1

Is this guy worth picking up in redraft?

Per Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman (sprained PCL) returned to practice on Thursday.

It's his first practice since July. Perriman had a private workout with wide receiver coach Bobby Engram and later joined his teammates for drills. Ravens beat reporter Jeff Zrebiac threw out October 11 versus Cleveland as a possible return date, though he wouldn't rule out October 1 against the Steelers.
  • Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: WR Breshad Perriman, Lions