Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Breshad Perriman, Lions

27 minutes ago, Bri said:

I was always enamored with Torrey's size and talent. He had what? 3 ok years, 1 good year? I hope both he and Breshad are better than Torrey has been.

Kamar Aiken stepped up in a huge way last year. He even handled #1 WR duties and did fine against quality CBs. He is going to fit in here somewhere. It seems he's forgotten by FF folks and fans thus far. Flacco and he built up a rapport last year. Don't discard him too too quickly.

They also signed Mike Wallace. They have deep threat options that Perriman is going to have to compete with for playing time.

I have never been a fan of Perriman's game but wish him the best with his recovery. PCL's are scary.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way I could put OBJ in my championship line up after the turd he’s been all year. I actually cut him two weeks ago to avoid this decision. I hope he works out for you if you start him, but Perriman

Where the heck was all this for the past 5 years when I drafted you in the 1st round of my rookie draft.  Do nothing for 4 and 3/4 years and then explode.

Yeesh. Who do you like in this draft at WR? 

5 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

They also signed Mike Wallace. They have deep threat options that Perriman is going to have to compete with for playing time.

I have never been a fan of Perriman's game but wish him the best with his recovery. PCL's are scary.

Good point

With last year being an entire Baltimore disaster, I think if everyone comes back healthy, this is going to be an exciting FF prospect.  Perriman lost the year of play but what he gained was a year to learn how to be a pro in other ways and that probably doesn't hurt.  But the thing with this guy is that you can't teach the speed he has and Flacco will certainly chuck it. 

I would never expect this guy to be like Hopkins or Dez or D. Thomas and just stuff point after point after point up on each drive but this is going to be the type of guy who , either on your side or you become the victim of, You'll be sitting there on any random handful of Sundays during the season and you're going to see stats lines of 5/160/2 (with some huge 15 point long TD).  He is going to be what Torrey was sometimes, what Travis Benjamin did a time or two last year, what VJAX used to do on occasion. 

Actually, I think I found my comp: good ole feast or famine VJAX who made you scratch your head one week and then laugh hysterically at the 27 first half points he pops for you when they catch those certain matchups. 

7 hours ago, Shutout said:

But the thing with this guy is that you can't teach the speed

Speed normally comes back fully from a PCL, right?  And how long does that take?

12 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Speed normally comes back fully from a PCL, right?  And how long does that take?

Don't know, not a doc, but I can say that I am familiar with the phrase that a guy lost more than what I ever had.  The speed this guy has is rare and limited to very few NFL WRS.  He could lose a half step and still be much faster than most.  And that's assuming he does, indeed, lose it.  Look at a guy like Ginn, jr.  As old as he is now and the injuries he's had, he still was a fantasy stud on a team where the QB could and would throw.  He's probably lost two steps but he had so much to start with, he's still getting his job done. 

I'm not worried that he turns into a turtle.

2 hours ago, Shutout said:

a guy like Ginn, jr. ... was a fantasy stud on a team where the QB could and would throw.

Please tell me you're not talking about 2015.  I show him as WR31 in PPR, which is pretty middling.  Or maybe you just have a very loose definition of "stud".

3 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Please tell me you're not talking about 2015.  I show him as WR31 in PPR, which is pretty middling.  Or maybe you just have a very loose definition of "stud".

Averaged 12 points a game in games played and 23+ each week during the playoffs. That's solid through the year and helped teams win leagues.  But I'm okay with your technical nitpicking of a single word in my reply.  I expect nothing less around here.  Miss the forest for the trees. Somehow, we have a young first round speed demon who was et back by injuries and we parlayed that into his PCL fell out and he can't run anymore and let's debunk the entire original premise (and all that was originally being said in that this guy could be good) by disagreeing on his label that us fake football people give people. 

Okay, Tedd Ginn, the completely ordinary and average citizen who is old and largely forgotten but (the point) still has more speed than most people ever had (and scored 23+ during each week of the playoffs last year) can not be referenced with a word that is reserved for about 40 other wide receivers.  He can't have the title but he can help you win a league but please overlook that non-important aspect of the conversation because somewhere along the way, people decided that you must be one to be the other.

And what this has to do with poor Perriman's fallen-out PCL, I have no idea anymore.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, Pedro Cerrano Fan said:

Shutout, you seem pretty confident in you opinion on Perriman.  I know it's way too early to be serious, but best case scenario on his health, what sort of stats do you think he'll put up?  Do you think he'll be Flacco's 1st option in the passing game?

I wouldn't call him the #1 option because of the way the Ravens play. What I think will really pan out for the Ravens and for us in fantasy is Joe Flacco has a good long ball and Perriman can take advantage of that and Marc Trestman has shown when he calls plays that he likes to take those kind of shots.  So, I'm not sure I would say this is a guy that gets peppered with targets like Deandre Hopkins or moves the chains and is everywhere like OBJ but I think he is probably one of the best candidates in the league to do the most with what he is given.

I think he'll have ample opportunity and if I were guessing, I'd say 62-82 receptions and 900-1100 yards and 6-9 TDs.  When you massage those stats together it may not look typical but we have to remember that he probably won't be typical. He's not a guy that is going to catch 3 balls on a drive and go 9, 12, and 12.  He's much more likely to be a guy that goes 8, 14, 56 for a TD (and maybe only get another ball or two all day).  But that opportunity for the big play is what will drive it, especially if the Ravens find themselves in a two minute drill. I can see the scenario where he might get several chances during the year to be that guy that streaks down the field in garbage time/get in position to make a fg time, etc.  Plays like that make fantasy because he could be 4/42 on the day and in that last drive catch a ball for 36 yards to put the team in fg range.  Those 3-5 extra points here and there will mean something in the aggregate.   

• 3 weeks later...

GG Perriman stockholders 

Sucks for him personally. Hopefully he can recover and get back on the field soon. that's gotta be brutal mentally after having just gone through this last year. 

Edited by dipandglide
13 hours ago, georg013 said:

Thinking about offering the Perriman owner in my league a piece of Bazooka Joe gum straight up for him. Should I include the comic or is that an overpay?

I'd be happy with just the gum. :kicksrock:

I'm kind of disappointed.  I was never a fan of his and I didn't think he'd last as an NFL WR, now I'll never know based on what I saw of him in college.  Would he have been good without the injuries?  Could have been but that is always leering over my head now if it was he wasn't very good to begin with or the injuries made him that way.  Sure he can come back but that sure as hell is not easy or very common.  

He's still incredibly young, has an NFL lineage and draft pedigree. If he works through his rehab and recovers, he will be given EVERY opportunity to prove himself. 

• Like 1

Shades of Yatil Green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yatil_Green

Also Danario Alexander (though in fairness, this is Perriman's first partially torn ACL in his left knee, last year it was a partially torn PCL in his right knee), forgot how good an athlete he was, and how successful in college.

"...State champion in the triple jump (personal best of 49 ft 5 in or 15.06 m) and State runner-up in the long jump (PB of 24 ft 6 in or 7.47 m) in 2006."

"As a senior, he started all 13 games (including the 2009 Texas Bowl), and finished with 113 receptions for an NCAA best 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns, averaging 15.8 yards per reception and 137 yards per game." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danario_Alexander

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

That sounds optimistic.  Rapoport just reported the same diagnosis, but far different prognosis saying there's "a chance he might still play sometime in 2016".

Yeah, that seems so pessimistic. He just had the stem cell injection, right? We know he didn't reconstructive surgery...... so is there something in between those two extremes that may be going unteported that would cause that negative spin? Was his recovery before this latest scare going slower than expected? I'll admit I got a little spooked when Oz was bringing in a bunch of WR/TE's so I was qustioning Perriman's piece of the pie even before the latest injury scare.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one thing that's still causing me to hold out hope for this guy: Odell Beckham. Everyone wrote him off at the beginning of his rookie year for injury, and as a result overlooked his combo of talent, opportunity (an otherwise pedestrian receiving corps) and a decent QB who was at least competent enough to get him the ball. Perriman has all three of those working for him as well. If he's indeed healthy -- a big if, I know --  I don't see why he should be going behind Kevin White, or any of this year's rookie WRs.

6 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Trestman was asked if Perriman looks faster with his haircut. Perriman said helost about 4 pounds after removing his dreadlocks.

Jeez. I always wonder this when seeing hair that big. Like watching a some of the Caribbean chicks at the Olympics recently, couldn't they be even faster sans-locks? 

4 hours ago, chook said:

Jeez. I always wonder this when seeing hair that big. Like watching a some of the Caribbean chicks at the Olympics recently, couldn't they be even faster sans-locks? 

I dunno. Trestman seems to be selling this angle.

I wonder how these haircuts might affect things like SPARQ scores and so on? :D

• Like 2
6 hours ago, chook said:

I had the same thought watching the Olympics. In a sport where medals literally come down to hundredths of a second, wouldn't more runners seek out any advantage they could get? (Also, why do they still have pin-on race bibs like they're all running a local 5K?)

/tangent

• Like 1

well worth the wait - check out that Perriman stat line !!

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
J. Butler 4 43 1 25T
M. Wallace 3 37 0 20
D. Waller 2 28 0 28
C. Moore 2 26 0 13
K. Aiken 2 24 0 15
J. Forsett 2 14 0 10
J. Allen 2 7 0 6
C. Matthews 1 13 0 13
K. Dixon 1 9 0 9
K. Juszczyk 1 3 0 3
C. Gillmore 1 2 0 2
46 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

well worth the wait - check out that Perriman stat line !!

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
J. Butler 4 43 1 25T
M. Wallace 3 37 0 20
D. Waller 2 28 0 28
C. Moore 2 26 0 13
K. Aiken 2 24 0 15
J. Forsett 2 14 0 10
J. Allen 2 7 0 6
C. Matthews 1 13 0 13
K. Dixon 1 9 0 9
K. Juszczyk 1 3 0 3
C. Gillmore 1 2 0 2

If he played, that would be hugely relevant.  Seeing how he didn't...

• Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: WR Breshad Perriman, Lions