What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (1 Viewer)

Ravens coach John Harbaugh hopes Breshad Perriman (knee) can play this week.
"If the doctors clear him, he'll be out there," Harbaugh said. Perriman has yet to play in a NFL game -- regular or preseason -- because of multiple knee injuries. Getting into Thursday's game would be a step in the right direction, but the sophomore is still unlikely to have a big early-season role.

Source: ESPN 
Aug 29 - 1:06 PM

(RotoworldBreshad Perriman (knee) will make his preseason debut on Thursday.

Analysis: It will be the first time the No. 26 overall pick of the 2015 draft has ever played a live snap. Perriman doesn't figure to be on the field for more than a series or two, but the real takeaway is that it confirms he'll be ready for Week 1. That's barring a setback, of course. The Ravens' receiver corps is one of the least settled in the league, but with Perriman so far behind, he isn't worth a late-round flier in 12-team re-draft leagues.

I heard something recently (I think it was from Aaron Schatz at Football Outsiders) that the track record for WRs like Perriman and White who missed their entire rookie seasons is not good. Not sure what the logic was, though. I still think he might be worth a late-round flier just because the Ravens WRs are so unsettled.

is Wallace the answer? Smith? Aiken? 

Baltimore needs - badly - a young stud WR1 .... they drafted Perriman to be that. Barring another injury, I think he'll be targeted heavy once the season starts.

I heard something recently (I think it was from Aaron Schatz at Football Outsiders) that the track record for WRs like Perriman and White who missed their entire rookie seasons is not good. Not sure what the logic was, though. I still think he might be worth a late-round flier just because the Ravens WRs are so unsettled.
Yatil green vibe

Breshad Perriman caught 2-of-4 targets for 25 yards in the Ravens' preseason finale.
Perriman made catches for gains of 16 and 9 yards on Baltimore's opening drive. This was the first ever game action Perriman has seen in the NFL after being drafted in the first round last year, then missing his entire rookie season with a knee injury, and the first three preseason games this year with an injury to the other knee. Perriman figures to open the season as a game-day scratch, but he could work his way into the wideout rotation as the year progresses.

Sep 1 - 9:28 PM

I've gone from "grab him as a last-round flier" to "grab him as a last-round flier if there's no one else available who excites me." I still think he's not a terrible lottery ticket, but my expectations are tempered. 

I mentioned this in the waiver wire thread but Perriman played on 41% of the snaps week 2 which was a 32% increase from week 1. He also saw 5 targets, he only saw 2 week 1. For more context..

Smith - 71% of snaps (up 8%), saw 6 targets

Wallace - 71% of snaps (up 7%), saw 6 targers (2 RZ targets)

Aiken - 41% of snaps (down 23%), saw 1 target

Assuming Perriman stays healthy I'm expecting to see him sneak in waiver wire articles in the upcoming weeks. 

Me thinks this guy scores a long and his first NFL TD this week in front of some of his CFU college friends down in Jacksonville. Him and Flacco were close on a couple of long bombs last week (and it wasn't Perrimans fault it was Flacco under-throwing him). Hoping they put in some work this week to correct those off target throws. I see these two making some noise this year - but inconsistently. Hopefully this week showcases why they drafted him.

It held up but I think it was the wrong call. Still he's flashing a little here and there. Maybe next year......they just aren't using him enough right now for anybody to start him with any confidence. 

Drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty league, almost dropped him when he missed a year and struggled in preaseason, but I'm glad I held on. He's shown enough that, when Steve Smith retires (got to be next year, right?) he'll step in and could very well be a true #1 WR for Flacco and solid WR2 for fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
flysack said:
Drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty league, almost dropped him when he missed a year and struggled in preaseason, but I'm glad I held on. He's shown enough that, when Steve Smith retires (got to be next year, right?) he'll step in and could very well be a true #1 WR for Flacco and solid WR2 for fantasy.
I agree. Next year Perriman is going to matter. In dynasty I would be trying to get him thrown into and trades I made with people that own him. owners might be ready to bail on him now. 

It seems like they want to start using him more but don't know how to do it. It would be great if Steve Smith would take him under his wing a little and we saw Perriman carve out a bigger role down the stretch. 

flysack said:
Mike Wallace has hurt him more than Steve Smith this year.  That's the role that is being blocked.  

Yeah, just watched the replay--  Flacco threw to 9 different receivers.  I don't remember him having so many options like this before.  Definitely limits Perriman this year -- will be interesting to see how he progresses.

He passes the eye test for me. I'd like to see him have a big game before the seasons up but I'm thinking he's going to be a starter on a lot of fantasy teams next year......

He passes the eye test for me. I'd like to see him have a big game before the seasons up but I'm thinking he's going to be a starter on a lot of fantasy teams next year......
Agree, but imagine he's going to be a frustrating one to own, given his reliance on big plays and Flacco's propensity to completely forget about certain WRs for games at a time. However, I'm going to be heavily targeting Perriman in MFL10s and similar best-ball type formats this offseason, as he's really looked like he's getting the hang of the NFL these past few weeks.

They can work him underneath. He looks good running routes. If Steve Smith retires, which I think he is, then someone has to absorb those targets. My money is on Perriman to get at least some of that and carve out a bigger role moving forward. 

I'm still waiting for a big game from him. We got a couple weeks left let's see if he makes a splash. 

With our dynasty season all wrapped up & my good fortune at winning our league championship this year, I am rather pleased to have found Perriman sitting inconspicuously on our free agent list and decided to scoop him up as a speculative off season addition. I dropped Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins to make room.  

Perriman seems to have had a good rebound from his unfortunate rookie season knee injuries and played in all 16 games in 2016. He has pedigree & amazing talent. He just needs to further develop his skills & shake the bad hands & one trick pony label.  With Steve Smith's retirement he has a good chance to carve out a leading role in the Ravens receiving corps this off season. He just needs to put in the work and seize the opportunity. 

With Steve Smith gone and Aiken reportedly wanting to look elsewhere, Perriman suddenly looks like Baltimore's hope at receiver. Mike Wallace will still be around, but Perriman has much more potential to be an all-around WR1 for them.

Anecdotally, it seems as though others are buying in. I've seen Perriman listed in a few buy-low/off-season sleeper type articles. I've also gotten interest from 4 separate owners in one of my dynasty leagues about him. 

He looks good in the games. I have no idea what Baltimore was doing not throwing to him more. Either they're dumb or Flacco sucks. Maybe a combination of both. 

Perriman looks good running all the routes. Hands aren't bad. He needs double digit targets every game. 

Healthy and looking good so far this year. I have a feeling this is when he takes over the #1 spot and hauls in a bunch of deep TDs. People will score big taking him in middle round redrafts. He'll finish a good fantasy WR2. 

Also, I had no idea he's Brett Perriman's son. Damn I'm old. I remember watching those high flying Detroit offenses back in the 90s - Barry, Mitchell, Herman Moore, Perriman. 

Team officials and fans have envisioned Perriman making these types of acrobatic catches since the Ravens selected him in the first round of the 2015 draft. The best sign of the third-year wide receiver's progress from Thursday's organized team activities, though, came moments later when Perriman, guarded closely along the sideline by cornerback Jimmy Smith, turned at the exact moment the ball was on him and made a back-shoulder catch of a Flacco pass.

The catch earned him a congratulatory pat from Smith and was the latest example of Perriman's improving rapport with Flacco after the two weren't often on the same page last season.

"You look at Breshad out here and nobody, I think, is having a better camp than him so far," Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta said after Thursday's workout. "He's making big plays everywhere, catching everything thrown his way."

Pitta likely out for the season. High volume passing offense. If Baltimore doesn't pick up a vet.......Perriman is inline for what 140+ targets?

Meh looking at it a little closer 140 is way to high for a floor. 100 targets is a good floor with 140 being a more realistic ceiling. Still that's a huge bump for Perriman. 

Joe Flacco says Breshad Perriman seems more confident in year three.

"Listen, you can just see the confidence in his eyes," said Flacco. Perriman reportedly lit up OTAs, but the Ravens still signed Jeremy Maclin. Perriman now projects as Baltimore's third receiver behind Maclin and Mike Wallace, although they are believed to be in continued pursuit of free agent Eric Decker.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Jun 13 - 2:50 PM

If Perriman is flashing in shorts and showing signs of growing into his 1st round pick and pedigree, then there is no reason to think he can't ascend to be the top receiver for the Ravens. The addition of Maclin with Wallace and Perriman could give Perriman more 1 on 1 coverages which should offer opportunity to excel....assuming he is an ascendant talent whose skills and health/physical tools are improving. He is one of my breakout of the year star predictions.

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley singled out Breshad Perriman as having the "most impressive offseason" of Baltimore's receivers.

It's not saying a whole lot, as veteran Mike Wallace doesn't need to go full-bore in shorts and t-shirts, while Jeremy Maclin just signed last month. But it's notable nonetheless that Perriman is showing more consistency in Year 3. The Ravens are expected to use more three-wide sets in 2017 now that they have more talent at receiver and following the career-threatening injury of Dennis Pitta. Perriman's fantasy star dimmed significantly following the Maclin addition.

Source: ESPN.com

Jul 19 - 9:28 AM

Users who are viewing this thread