What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

I think we are confusing terms here.A PK is the result of a direct free kick infringement that occurs in the penalty area.

But in any direct free kick, you are more than allowed to pass the ball. Direct just means that if you want to shoot directly on goal you can, but direct does not mean you are required to.

For example, a corner kick is direct since you can score from the single touch but as we know the vast majority if corners are passes/crosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea what Celta Vigo did to Messi, but he's getting his back right now.

Dribbled through six players to feed Neymar whose shot lingered on the line for Suarez to tap in.

Then ghosts straight through a defender in the area to draw the PK.

Then, instead of shooting, he lays the PK off for Suarez to get the hat trick.
I've never seen that before. Worked brilliantly.
Speculation that it was a tribute to this one by Cruyuff (who has been diagnosed with cancer).

maybe, but a pk cannot be indirect because they score them directly. :mellow:

That was the point to Seabass, the lush
Helloe exactly to all points.

I always think of that Henry Pires one, and also a state teammate who played on a powerhouse district doing it against a team they were already killing. Didn't work there either. Not a fan... comes across as disrespectful., IMO.

Dribbled through six players to feed Neymar whose shot lingered on the line for Suarez to tap in.

Speculation that it was a tribute to this one by Cruyuff (who has been diagnosed with cancer).
Disregard what I just wrote. That one was awesome (never saw that one before)

Arsenal earned the points for sure, and its good to see things staying close at the top. I don't expect Leicester City to sell anyone this summer, but if they were so inclined I think Kante is the one I'd want the most. Every time I see them play he's the motm it seems. He seems too small to do what he does but is always there, ####ing up whatever the opposition is trying to put together. Leicester scouts really did well last summer.

maybe, but a pk cannot be indirect because they score them directly. :mellow:

That was the point to Seabass, the lush
Just telling you what the announcers said, guy. I probably worded it wrong. Messi treated it like an indirect kick, which is fine. Send them a letter if you want to. Maybe an email. BeIn@gofuckyourself.com, I think

I never have seen it either.Barca are the closet thing to the Harlem Globetrotters that we have in the sport :)
...Arsenal get to be the current version of the Washington Generals...Roma already played their part earlier this year (6-1)

Reports out today that Simeone is leaving Atlético for Chelsea for a deal that will make him £9.2m per season.

Sucks on a lot of levels if true.

How many current Chelsea players can play with the intensity that Simone demands?

If its true, it probably means Costa stays - and maybe Simeone brings Griezmann?   Willian is probably a good fit.  Oscar?  Cesc? can't see either a good fit.

Ivanovic, Terry, and Cahill need replacements...thats a lot of turnover...

You are only allowed to give 10 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.
I actually deleted my post cause I thought it came off kinda dickish.

As much as I don't really like Spurs, I'm happier to see them near the top than United or Chelsea, that's for damn sure.

haazard, Cesc and Oscar would probably have to go which would give them plenty of money to bring in fresh blood.
I am sure they have the money - but as I think Spurs and Liverpool, and United supporters might attest, when you make that many changes to the squad - it will take time for everything to fall in place.

The good news for Chelsea is they look like they are taking the same approach as United when LVG came in - no European football to distract.

I'm pissed they went to circles from squares in the profile pick.  Sepp's memory deserves better.
I do like the embedding of media though.   Hopefully that feature stays because if memory serves it was also available in the last upgrade early until they turned it off.

I actually deleted my post cause I thought it came off kinda dickish.

As much as I don't really like Spurs, I'm happier to see them near the top than United or Chelsea, that's for damn sure.
I did not think it was a bad post - I laughed.  (Secretly I think Arsenal are still the favorites to win the title, and even Leicester has an easier run in than Spurs).  I'll be more than thrilled with a top-3 finish.  Spurs have the youngest team in the league - I don't think they expected to be contending yet, and they still have games against Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

:shrug:

There is going to multiple BOATLOADS of money blown this summer isn't there :oldunsure:?  So many teams with so much money and so many holes. 

I did not think it was a bad post - I laughed.  (Secretly I think Arsenal are still the favorites to win the title, and even Leicester has an easier run in than Spurs).  I'll be more than thrilled with a top-3 finish.  Spurs have the youngest team in the league - I don't think they expected to be contending yet, and they still have games against Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

:shrug:
Down is up and up is down.  I think Spurs are the title favorites.  I think they're the most complete team and the one most likely to win a tough game when things aren't going right.  Their defense is, by far, the best in the league.  And they create a bunch of chances.  That's my recipe for success.  Embrace expectations.  They're all growns up!

There is going to multiple BOATLOADS of money blown this summer isn't there :oldunsure:?  So many teams with so much money and so many holes. 
Man United just announced 2nd qtr revenues showing a 26% increase over last year, an incredible 46% increase in commercial revenue. I've no idea how that is possible. The club is heading toward a £500 mil + in revenue, and the new TV deal kicks in this summer.

Man United just announced 2nd qtr revenues showing a 26% increase over last year, an incredible 46% increase in commercial revenue. I've no idea how that is possible. The club is heading toward a £500 mil + in revenue, and the new TV deal kicks in this summer.
Isn't it the first year that the new kit/sponsorship deals can be booked?  I know I've read that everybody expects Man U to pass Real on the money list next year (of course Real just signed a massive kit deal, but I don't know when that books).

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Down is up and up is down.  I think Spurs are the title favorites.  I think they're the most complete team and the one most likely to win a tough game when things aren't going right.  Their defense is, by far, the best in the league.  And they create a bunch of chances.  That's my recipe for success.  Embrace expectations.  They're all growns up!
Their GD confirms this.

The CCL Quarter Finals start next week.

For the first time ever it features 4 Liga MX teams matched up against 4 MLS teams.

If MLS teams were in season, these matches would still be very tough and with MLS teams in preseason it is going to be doubly so.

A sweep by Liga MX would not surprise me.  I think LA might have a chance since they have looked ok in preseason so far but friendlies can be very misleading.

Seattle supposedly losing Martins is going to make it all the more difficult for them.

Users who are viewing this thread