What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Chelsea have over 25 confirmed loans for this season (or, in the case of Juan Cuadrado the next 3 seasons in Torino), at least 10 today alone, but still no news on Miazga.

Chelsea have over 25 confirmed loans for this season (or, in the case of Juan Cuadrado the next 3 seasons in Torino), at least 10 today alone, but still no news on Miazga.
...and you had to be at work all day!  I missed you, resting my poor broken ankle, without your witty ripostes & barbs regarding your favorite day...I should've broke my ankle last year! :rant:

Yes, but Levy doesn't usually get, uh, Levy'd. 
It was too much by 5-10, but Spurs aren't quick enough on the counter without Dembele.  He can really drive the ball.  They don't have anybody else that can do that.  Sissoko has the same speed and power.

He's a fantastic player when he wants to be.  Hopefully Pochettino can get the best out of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just amazing.  Chelsea's army of loanees....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrOL2dgXEAAE5Nb.jpg:large
I think Miazga is the 20th player Chelsea have loaned to Vitesse. They send coaches there as well. Its essentially a relationship they established to have a B team in a league that doesn't allow B teams, and gives the club an easy workaround the difficult UK work permitting process (not an issue for Miazga, who is already EU compliant.)

11 loans for CFC today, 38 overall. It seems to work well for them. Unusual for an English team, but common for Serie A clubs to have 40+ on loan. In most cases, its a financial play more than player development strategy in terms of the senior Chelsea team. When it works, its a win-win-win-win all around for player, both clubs, agents, and others.

I've posted about Miazga's relationship with Kia Joorabchian, not a registered agent but acts as one. Its not coincidence that two Joorabchian clients (Miazga and Pato) both signed with Chelsea last winter, neither with any real hope of contributing, and both are out on loan this season. At the same time, Ramires was sold to China for a ridiculous fee and David Luiz moved back to Chelsea today - same agent. All somewhat strange deals, all the same agent doing the heavy lifting, and in the end probably all good deals for the clubs, players and agent.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I recognize a lot of these names....from Fifa
Yeah, I know quite a few of them from FM. The game can't quite handle the idea of a team loaning out 40 players per year, so a lot of them become nice bargains.

I'll be honest, I don't recognize most of those names. But I wonder, using that roster, could you put together a team that would stay in the EPL?
Goalkeeper would be the biggest issue. The keepers on that list I don't know real well and they're all being loaned to small clubs. But I think there's enough outfield talent for sure.

Robbie Keane scored in his final international game today leaving him tied for 14th for international goal scorers with Gerd Muller.

The top of this list is extremely diverse.

You have big names like Muller, Pele, Puskas, and Klose, mixed in with less than immortal names like Kamamoto, Saeed, Chitalu, and Senamuang.

Robbie Keane scored in his final international game today leaving him tied for 14th for international goal scorers with Gerd Muller.

The top of this list is extremely diverse.

You have big names like Muller, Pele, Puskas, and Klose, mixed in with less than immortal names like Kamamoto, Saeed, Chitalu, and Senamuang.
Keane=Gerd=everything's right with the world. :wub:

So it turns out that my proposed salty fan-made Nigel DeJong tribute video isn't half as salty as what the freakin' MLS itself did.  Glorious.
I think it was extremely poor class of the league to do this.  

Unless the guy was a total dirt bag off the field that we were not privy to, the league should never trash a player on the way out imo.  It is just bad business.

It is one thing for us fans to have fun with singing "Na-na-nahh-na, na-na-nahh-na, hey, hey, hey...goodbye!" to a player as awful as De Jong, but I think it is really dumb for the league to do this.

Unless the guy was a total dirt bag off the field that we were not privy to, the league should never trash a player on the way out imo.  It is just bad business.

It is one thing for us fans to have fun with singing "Na-na-nahh-na, na-na-nahh-na, hey, hey, hey...goodbye!" to a player as awful as De Jong, but I think it is really dumb for the league to do this.
Of course it was bush league.  But I'm not that invested in MLS being classy.  I just want to be entertained and watching a league #### all over a player they brought in less than a year ago (who played exactly how he's always played) entertains me. 

Yeah, but on the other hand, #### that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread