What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I still love Berbatov - :wub:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=berbatov+manchester+united&vid=dd0b3eafeb12de23c95fd67c4fec11f7&l=1%3A08&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608003989032863774%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVtqmQbcDBMg&###=Berbatov+Skill!+Awesome+Goal%2C+Man+Utd+vs.+West+Ham&c=11&sigr=11b5f5mpl&sigt=11iroghm2&sigi=11ri4vj9r&ct=p&age=1245290214&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&tt=b

I'm the biggest spoiler hater I have ever heard of, and I had to text my Arsenal buddy who dvd'd the game today to just skip it.

Is it bad that I think of Arsenal and Monaco as a pair of sorts? Namely "two kinda French teams that don't play in France?" Branding wise.

so.... Lovern before Sterling, huh?

P.S. Man City must have been loving that
some people just dont like or arent good at pks. maybe sterling is one? does he take them ever?

With Gerrard and Balotelli off sounds like they were short of takers?

Europa is overrated.

amirite?
I am strangely smitten with Europa. There is something about the mid-level teams from all across the continent duking it out for this second-string trophy that pleases me in a way that Champions League doesn't. Don't ask me for a deeper explanation because I don't have one; it's just visceral.

Last edited by a moderator:
forza inter.

can somebody link up Soldado's "mistake"
http://gfycat.com/HairyNaiveIndiancow
woof.

I don't even mind the decision... but wow, that was terrible execution.

eat: tahnks as always for the link

HairyNaiveIndiancow.

why not upper case C for the cow?
That's some Torres level crap. :bag:

Edit: The decision was bad too. Bury that crap. Is he a striker or not?
looks like a confidence issue

Is it bad that I think of Arsenal and Monaco as a pair of sorts? Namely "two kinda French teams that don't play in France?" Branding wise.
I link the two in my head because of Wenger.

Now if he could just remember which one he's supposed to help win.

forza inter.

can somebody link up Soldado's "mistake"
http://gfycat.com/HairyNaiveIndiancow
woof.

I don't even mind the decision... but wow, that was terrible execution.

eat: tahnks as always for the link

HairyNaiveIndiancow.

why not upper case C for the cow?
That's some Torres level crap. :bag:

Edit: The decision was bad too. Bury that crap. Is he a striker or not?
:shrug:

GK cuts off the angle... somewhat... so he can either take a lower percentage shot or pass to the guy with the goal gaping empty in front of him. Like I said- I don't mind the decision.

Wenger, Henry, Adebayor -- why pick just one?

Also, how is a defender supposed to defend with this ridiculous passive offside nonsense? Guy in that GFY gif makes a perfect step up to catch the Totty offside, but then is blazed past by two runners.

Really hate that rule.

Also, how is a defender supposed to defend with this ridiculous passive offside nonsense? Guy in that GFY gif makes a perfect step up to catch the Totty offside, but then is blazed past by two runners.

Really hate that rule.
I don't see it as a problem in this case. Both runners were onside and the offside guy stopped and wasn't ever going to play the through ball.

Really hate that rule.
I don't see it as a problem in this case. Both runners were onside and the offside guy stopped and wasn't ever going to play the through ball.
yeah... pretty confused as to why this is an issue.

back line has to keep a line for when the pass is made.

One of the attractions of this sport remains how much funnier the press is than the bunch covering the other sports. From Spike Friedman in Grantland writing about Leverkusen-Atletico:

Both Diego Simeone of Atlético and Roger Schmidt of Leverkusen run highly disciplined pressing sides filled with heaps of exciting talent and Fernando Torres.

Really hate that rule.

What's the defender supposed to do there? He's moved up to get the Tottenham player offside. But in the process of moving up he's blitzed by the runners. Despite having trapped his man off.

i.e. the guy isn't in a "passive" position at all. He's influenced the play by inducing the defender to step up. HATE this rule.

Really hate that rule.

What's the defender supposed to do there? He's moved up to get the Tottenham player offside. But in the process of moving up he's blitzed by the runners. Despite having trapped his man off.

i.e. the guy isn't in a "passive" position at all. He's influenced the play by inducing the defender to step up. HATE this rule.
Guy is totally passive and really has nothing to do with the play. The defender played it right unfortunately the midfielder stopped running with Saldado. Even if the defender hadnt stepped up, the run through by Saldado is still what beats him. Great play by Tottenham (other then the finish) and poor tracking back by the midfield

eta: classic example of how to beat the offside trap, runs from deep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Really hate that rule.

"his man"?

they're all his man if he's playing an offsides trap.

offsides forward just needs to ignore the play- which is what he did.

I don't think you're getting this.

Really hate that rule.

"his man"?

I get it just fine. "Influencing the play" goes beyond making a play on the ball.

They don't track the runners because they think they've trapped the guy offside. Which they have.

Except the stupid rule says even though they played a good offside trap they shouldn't have done it since it has them moving the wrong way from what they need to do vs the other runners.

Really hate that rule.

"his man"?

I get it just fine. "Influencing the play" goes beyond making a play on the ball.

They don't track the runners because they think they've trapped the guy offside. Which they have.

Except the stupid rule says even though they played a good offside trap they shouldn't have done it since it has them moving the wrong way from what they need to do vs the other runners.
He trapped "his man" and took him out of the play. Had it not been for the other runners it was a perfectly executed trap.

Now the rest of his team didnt track the runners so they beat the trap.

There are many things wrong with the offside rule, but this example is not one of them.

I don't find that much wrong with the offsides rule.

Really hate that rule.

"his man"?

them not tracking the runners isn't a problem with the rule- it's a problem with the defense and Spurs beating the trap well.

Users who are viewing this thread