What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Atlético are being totally outclassed by Sevilla in the first half. Should be down at least a goal. I can't think that Simeone will continue with only Griezmann up top after the 60th. They have no attack and certainly nothing moving on the right side, which generates do much of Atlético's offense.

Gabi isn't playing well, and neither is Arda, and that doesn't bode well.

Everton looked pretty good today... other than some great GK play from Ospina, could've been much different.

Somebody gave them a shout a month or so ago after I said something disparaging... but I've come around- Liverpool's D is playing pretty damn well. Thought they did a solid job limiting City's chances and dictating their game. Should be an interesting run to the finish at the top.

IMO, Cheslea, City and Liverpool have been playing the best- Arsenal right there with Liverpool. Still not sure how United is doing it- but they are (like they used to at the end with Sir Al). Spurs and then Everton a tier behind.

Saints need Pelle to pull his head out- he's been terrible the last bunch of games. If he gets in form, they're up there with Everton and Spurs.

Rough game for Atleti. I'll take the point, but it sure doesn't help the title chase. Next week vs. Valencia in the Calderón will be pretty huge. Siquiera or Ansaldi better get healthy soon.

I actually liked what i saw out of Torres today. He ran and picked off a few passes, made some tackles, and nearly had a goal. Gabi, Arda, and Miranda looked poor. Raúl García did not help his case for being a full time starter. Man, what I wouldn't give for an Isco or Jese on the squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bremen - Wolfsburg looked like a great game to watch. Bremen had the lead 3 different timed until Bas Dost decided he had enough and put in the equalizer and winner. Ended 5-3 Wolfsburg.

Harry Kane wears Bas Dost underoos.

Somebody gave them a shout a month or so ago after I said something disparaging... but I've come around- Liverpool's D is playing pretty damn well. Thought they did a solid job limiting City's chances and dictating their game. Should be an interesting run to the finish at the top.
:hey:

Barça only 2 points back from Real now with the clásico left to play. La Liga very much up for grabs. Atlético on the outside looking in your sure though.

wdcrob said:
Arsenal have been cut to 1/5 for the CL after today.

So it's not quite as clear cut as United and Liverpool fighting for one spot but it's close. Current odds have them something like United 52%, Liverpool 40% to get in.

All other teams fighting over the ~25% scraps that two of the three teams above don't make it.
:lol: Let's wait until these teams have played each other before we go saying who's in and who's out.

Oh, and :sadbanana:

wdcrob said:

So it's not quite as clear cut as United and Liverpool fighting for one spot but it's close. Current odds have them something like United 52%, Liverpool 40% to get in.

All other teams fighting over the ~25% scraps that two of the three teams above don't make it.
:lol: Let's wait until these teams have played each other before we go saying who's in and who's out.

Liverpool 3-2 Spurs

Spurs 1-2 Arsenal

HTH

wdcrob said:

Liverpool 3-2 Spurs

Spurs 1-2 Arsenal

HTH
It happens. We'll see where we're at on April 5th.

Man, I was totally unprepared for the ups and downs of a Premier League season. I need to learn to pace myself or I won't make it through another. In any case, the fact that I could bear witness to Swansea's all-time highest points total in a top flight season is pretty cool.

Man, I was totally unprepared for the ups and downs of a Premier League season. I need to learn to pace myself or I won't make it through another. In any case, the fact that I could bear witness to Swansea's all-time highest points total in a top flight season is pretty cool.
Just wait until you start playing fantasy futbal. :whistle:

The Liverpool game today may have been the best game I've seen this season. And it even ended properly, barring Balotelli getting a miracle goal.

Caught the last half hour of Villareal's draw at Real yesterday. You had to listen to Ray's increasingly unbearable ejaculations but the part of the game I got to see really was high intensity.

I've also recently developed this quirk that when given the choice between watching PL teams in English or Spanish, I choose Spanish. ee-VAHN-o-VEECH!

You can watch Bein on SAP to get the Spanish feed if you want as well. Often when there's only a single English guy, there's two Spanish commentators. The only thing I don't like about the Spanish feed is when Atlético is playing and the opposition scores, I have to listen to a prolonged goooooooool, or mute the TV.

I thought Lovren had a good game yesterday, but it might have been the sleep deprivation.
How the team seems so solid with a central midfield that includes flyweights Couthinho and Allen is a mystery. But they're defending sturdily these days.

All they need is Saurez (v. 2014) up top and they'd have contended.

Of course all these nifty new players are because they sold Suarez, so... such is the whack-a-mole plight of a small selling club I guess.

I thought Lovren had a good game yesterday, but it might have been the sleep deprivation.
How the team seems so solid with a central midfield that includes flyweights Couthinho and Allen is a mystery. But they're defending sturdily these days.All they need is Saurez (v. 2014) up top and they'd have contended.Of course all these nifty new players are because they sold Suarez, so... such is the whack-a-mole plight of a small selling club I guess.
It's hard to say it, but they're just better without Stevie G. it frees up that sexy wizard, Phil, who's got some serious chemistry with Lallana.

Liverpool coming into form makes me nervous about a top 4 finish for United. United still has to run the Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal gauntlet. Plus Arsenal in the FA Cup.

How the team seems so solid with a central midfield that includes flyweights Couthinho and Allen is a mystery. But they're defending sturdily these days.All they need is Saurez (v. 2014) up top and they'd have contended.Of course all these nifty new players are because they sold Suarez, so... such is the whack-a-mole plight of a small selling club I guess.
It's hard to say it, but they're just better without Stevie G. it frees up that sexy wizard, Phil, who's got some serious chemistry with Lallana.
Gerrard is a walking set piece at this stage of his career. Doesn't belong anywhere near the starting 11

Gerrard is a walking set piece at this stage of his career. Doesn't belong anywhere near the starting 11 ... unless he's playing for the Galaxies.

Jordon Ibe injured just long enough to miss out on an England double header, I think Studge needs to pick up a niggle against Burnley, and of course, Henderson already has one...

Well, it all comes down to this...Roma vs. Juve. Garcia has FINALLY changed formations from their stagnant 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. Totti up top; with Llajic, Pjanic, & Gervinho in support; & Nainggolan/Derossi holding. Roma's makeshift back four (Castan's absence has been glaring) has hamstrung any aggressive tactics going forward lately...hopefully this shift will pay dividends. A win will pull Roma within 6; a loss, well, no Scudetto. Forza Roma!

Well, it all comes down to this...Roma vs. Juve. Garcia has FINALLY changed formations from their stagnant 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. Totti up top; with Llajic, Pjanic, & Gervinho in support; & Nainggolan/Derossi holding. Roma's makeshift back four (Castan's absence has been glaring) has hamstrung any aggressive tactics going forward lately...hopefully this shift will pay dividends. A win will pull Roma within 6; a loss, well, no Scudetto. Forza Roma!
...so much for that...Garcia reverts back to the same old 4-3-3 nonsense...Keith instead of Nainggolan no less....hmmm.

...so much for that...Garcia reverts back to the same old 4-3-3 nonsense...Keith instead of Pjanic no less....hmmm.
Why isn't Pogba playing today?

"Let's be clear. I didn't take his neck, I took his shirt, pushed his chest and screamed at his face. That's all. I'm generally serene. I'd say, 'Case closed,' but there is no case. We move on."

-- Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic denies he tried to choke his left back, Vasco Regini. (The Guardian)

...so much for that...Garcia reverts back to the same old 4-3-3 nonsense...Keith instead of Nainggolan no less....hmmm.
Why isn't Pogba playing today?
injury.

Users who are viewing this thread