• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NewlyRetired

• El Floppo

• Sinn Fein

• Ramsay Hunt Experience

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good evening, paisans.  I tried to pm a few of you, but for some reason it wasnt working, so i just put it here.  I have to go away for 30 days, & it doesnt take a genius to figure out why.*  Sadl

That's pretty much what I came up with, too.

We're Going to Wem-be-ly.  Que Sera Sera

Posted Images

Don't pick a team that wins all the time. It's a sign of low character.

I want to agree with this, but I'm not sure I can. The EPL is such a different animal from American sports. If you don't pick a team at, or near, the top, you're probably going to lose interest quick.

I don't think that's true at all. There are a ton of televised league and cup games. I rarely get to watch the European games anyway.

I can see why people would be fans of Arsenal, United, or Liverpool, but City or Chelsea... Ugh.

In today's football world, finances and trophies go hand in hand.

charv - When in our lifetime has this not been the case? Other than MLS perhaps with a single owner structure, where and when was a league title not the direct result of the champion's financial superiority over he majority of the opposition? I'm sure there are a handful of examples, but I'm not aware of any since I've been following Euro football - mid 80s.

Even in MLS this is the case. MLS does what they can to promote parity but the DP rule can make a big difference if used wisely (LA in particular has benefitted greatly from spending).

The good part of MLS is that just out spending your opponents does not assure instant success (see Toronto).

I want to agree with this, but I'm not sure I can. The EPL is such a different animal from American sports. If you don't pick a team at, or near, the top, you're probably going to lose interest quick.

I don't think that's true at all. There are a ton of televised league and cup games. I rarely get to watch the European games anyway.

I can see why people would be fans of Arsenal, United, or Liverpool, but City or Chelsea... Ugh.

I have been following the EPL since before it was the EPL and never have had a team to follow.

I am jealous of people who can just use a blind fold and dart board to become fans of teams. I need a direct connection.

Yes United does not try and buy titles. :rolleyes:
2014 - Players in
Ander Herrera £29,000,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000
Marcos Rojo £16,000,000
Angel Di Maria £59,700,000
Daley Blind £13,800,000
Victor Valdes Free
Total: £145,500,000
2014 - Players Out
Patrice Evra £1,200,000
Bebe £2,400,000
Danny Welbeck £16,000,000
Total: £19,600,000
And this year they already spent 31M pounds on Depay and the season isnt even over yet.
Edited by Native
  • Like 1

Supporters of old-money teams resent the fact that an undeserving new money club can join their ranks.

Supporters of have-nots resent the fact that an undeserving new money club can leave their ranks.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Jürgen Klopp has agreed to join Real Madrid next season in a deal worth 8M per-year. [Radio Deutschland]

You're going to need a better link than that, sweet t!ts

I bit into the hook as well :wall:

I have been following the EPL since before it was the EPL and never have had a team to follow.

I am jealous of people who can just use a blind fold and dart board to become fans of teams. I need a direct connection.

My wife grew up in England and was a Tottenham fan, albeit loosely. That was my connection.

I suppose if you are going to dartboard you might as well aim for the top.

Speaking of Rangers... am I reading it right that four teams will be promoted next year, and Rangers will return to the SPL?

Unless something changed, I believe this is how it works for Scotland.

*Two teams are promoted from second to first division. Two teams are relegated from first to second division

*Champions of second division are promoted. Bottom club of first division are relegated.

*Teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th of the second division are joined by the second to last place team in the first division form a multi legged playoff.

Match A) Team 3rd plays Team 4th. (Two legs)

Match B) Winner of Match A plays Team 2nd (two legs)

Match C) Winner of Match B plays the second to last place team from the first division (Two legs)

Winner of Match C is in the top division next year.

Match A has been completed with Rangers beating Queen of the South.

Match B has not started yet.

*Rangers has to get through Hiberian and then Motherwell to make the return.

love that system.

the last semi-pro league I played in had the last place team getting relegated with the 2nd to last place team playing in a single game elimination with the 2nd place team from the league below.

In today's football world, finances and trophies go hand in hand.

charv - When in our lifetime has this not been the case? Other than MLS perhaps with a single owner structure, where and when was a league title not the direct result of the champion's financial superiority over he majority of the opposition? I'm sure there are a handful of examples, but I'm not aware of any since I've been following Euro football - mid 80s.

No, you are right, it has to some extent always been this way, but it has become a bigger and bigger deal over the last 2 decades.

GATOR

GATOR

GATOR

GATOR

GATOR

GATOR

GATOR

As a Chelsea fan (me, not your scouser ###) it only made sense that this be the chant that I create for you. FYI, it took me a solid 45 minutes to get the lyrics just right.

• Like 2

Supporters of old-money teams resent the fact that an undeserving new money club can join their ranks.

Supporters of have-nots resent the fact that an undeserving new money club can leave their ranks.

I love the petro dollars. I want more Chelseas and Man Cities. Not less.

And I don't give a #### about history. Herbert Chapman means absolutely nothing to the experience of being an Arsenal fan in 2015.

And I don't give a #### about history. Herbert Chapman means absolutely nothing to the experience of being an Arsenal fan in 2015.

I'd like to see club ownership expand beyond Oligarchs and Sheikhs. Imagine if Zuckerberg bought Villa and the Google boys bought Birmingham City. Or Soros bought Fulham and the Koch bros bought QPR.

I'd like to see club ownership expand beyond Oligarchs and Sheikhs. Imagine if Zuckerberg bought Villa and the Google boys bought Birmingham City. Or Soros bought Fulham and the Koch bros bought QPR.

I'd rather they bought MLS teams.

so weird... I've been looking at youtube videos from the Mixtape draft happening in the FFA- and for some reason, there has been one random chelsea fan song video mixed in every time I click a link. and it changes every time. :confused::tinfoilhat:

I'd rather they bought MLS teams.

Soros was the original owner of DC United if memory serves. He bailed early.

Just got offered the varsity head coaching job at my son's high school... :oldunsure:

So you're signing all of us as co-coaches right?

:drive:

-QG

:lmao::lmao:

holy #### just the thought of that.....

:welcome::towelwave::hifive::suds::gang1::gang2::potkettle::tfp:

We should also have a Gator FC thread so we can effectively deliberate in the running of the team.

:grad:

-QG

Just got offered the varsity head coaching job at my son's high school... :oldunsure:

-QG

We should also have a Gator FC thread so we can effectively deliberate in the running of the team.

-QG

first order of business...

who are we bringing in over the summer transfer window?

-QG

-QG

first order of business...

who are we bringing in over the summer transfer window?

This is actually a thing I guess(i didn't know until it was allowed until recently)...kids put on transfer requests to leave a certain school district to go to a different school.

My scouts are on the phones as we speak

And don't forget "We won the cup". Because, you know, we won the cup.

Welcome Bender.

So awesome by the away fans yesterday, down 3-0 and that was all I could hear start to finish the entire secomd half.

Welcome Bender.

So awesome by the away fans yesterday, down 3-0 and that was all I could hear start to finish the entire secomd half.

I actually thought it was the West Brom fans given how how loud they were. Pretty cool.

Pa-#######-thetic :lmao:

Bender - if it matters, here's a list of who's a fan of what teams.

This is the official who's a fan of what team(s) post. As many teams/leagues as you want to put in here.

EPL

Queen's Park Rangers - Christo, Bentley

2. Bundesliga

FC St. Pauli - Christo

Possibly both of my teams getting relegated :bag:

Low character indeed.

BTW, Mane scored again.

Low character indeed.

BTW, Mane scored again.

Has another minute gone by already?

Alianza de Lima lose their mind. Get five red cards.

Why would anyone ever want to be a referee? He actually handled it well.

woof.

first red was awfully soft. but no complaints about any of the yellows or subsequent reds.

I've actually forgotten- you forfeit at 7 players, or 8?

I thought so too at first, but it's possible that he not only chopped him down but then kicked through him when he boots the ball afterward.

Welcome Bender.

Welcome Bender.

I actually thought it was the West Brom fans given how how loud they were. Pretty cool.

I highly recommend a second viewing of this one, it gets better. Looking forward to the third viewing tonight!

Welcome Bender.

Welcome Bender.

I highly recommend a second viewing of this one, it gets better. Looking forward to the third viewing tonight!

This pisses me off, we have more than 2 chants people:

Jos-A

Jos-A

Jos-A

• Like 2