What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Also, suppose I'll ask....is anyone playing this summer? I suffered a dislocated shoulder playing a co-ed game a few weeks ago on the eve of our men's summer season so will miss most or all of the season, sadly.

Interesting thing though, the Buffalo News now posts the scores of the games in the newspaper every week, right in the same section as MLS scores, lacrosse scores, and so on. Just another sign that soccer is coming along in America....I don't see any flag football or local basketball leagues or anything like that having their scores posted in the paper....

Well, it was a season
So what does QPR do now with these FFP penalties? Nothing has been imposed yet? Surely Tony Fernandes is not going to let them drop down to Conference play, right?
He already accepted a binding arbitration to allow them to play in the Championship.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3084752/QPR-allowed-enter-Championship-instead-facing-possible-demotion-non-League-face-50m-fine.html

Fox Sports:

Jackson Clark @JacksonClarkFOX · 2h 2 hours ago
BREAKING: Emergency meeting called at Anfield tonight. I understand Rodgers will be sacked. More online soon.

Fox Sports:

BREAKING: Emergency meeting called at Anfield tonight. I understand Rodgers will be sacked. More online soon.
I'm cool with this.
I'd rather see what he does next year. With Sturridge out all year, Suarez gone and Balotelli Balotelliing I'm not sure what more he could do.

The last couple games are embarrassing, but the season was over already with nothing to play for and what's he going to do? Sit Gerrard?

Fox Sports:

I'm cool with this.
I'd rather see what he does next year. With Sturridge out all year, Suarez gone and Balotelli Balotelliing I'm not sure what more he could do.

The last couple games are embarrassing, but the season was over already with nothing to play for and what's he going to do? Sit Gerrard?
When I saw Liverpool play this season they always seemed very well organized. Then I look at the table and see that horrendous goal differential. Southampton finished two points behind in the table but scored more and shipped 15 less. The worst thing for me though is the prospect of losing their best player the secomd year in a row. Suarez is understandable I suppose, but it strikes me as inexcusable for this club with all it means in English football to unwillingly lose a young English star in the making like Sterling.

Looks like West Ham will grab the extra Europa league spot - but they start qualifying in early July. England is going to need a big showing from Spurs, Liverpool, and, hopefully, Southampton next year to keep the average co-efficient up.

Though, if West Ham lands Ancelotti, maybe they could surprise :eek:

so I made it to Parc Des Princes to watch PSG vs Reims. :thumbup:
:thumbup;

thanks for the write-up, and interesting to hear specifics about the stadium. Do they play in an olympic style stadium, with a track around the field? IME, those always suck, putting the fans way too far from the field.

I'm reminded too of either last summer or the summer before, when Zlatan switched from Milan to PSG. I had tickets to see both teams play in NYC- so I figured I was going to see him play for at least one of the teams... nope. He had just left Milan, but wasn't integrated into the team yet with PSG enough to p[lay

Fox Sports:

I'm cool with this.

When I saw Liverpool play this season they always seemed very well organized. Then I look at the table and see that horrendous goal differential. Southampton finished two points behind in the table but scored more and shipped 15 less. The worst thing for me though is the prospect of losing their best player the secomd year in a row. Suarez is understandable I suppose, but it strikes me as inexcusable for this club with all it means in English football to unwillingly lose a young English star in the making like Sterling.
I wonder what the deal really is with Sterling.

Was it just a stupid thing like his ego getting ahead of him? Did he have certain deficits he didn't want to work on in practice? Kid looked amazing and ready to take the next step up early on- even with an oversized ego, if he's producing the way he seemed to be, I don't get sitting him unless there's something else going on.

The 2015–16 Football League Championship (referred to as the Sky Bet Championship for sponsorship reasons) will be the twelfth season of the Football League Championship under its current title and the twenty-fourth season under its current league structure. The season is scheduled to start on 8/9 August 2015, and the fixtures will be announced on 17 June 2015.

Come on you R's!

Also, suppose I'll ask....is anyone playing this summer? I suffered a dislocated shoulder playing a co-ed game a few weeks ago on the eve of our men's summer season so will miss most or all of the season, sadly.

Interesting thing though, the Buffalo News now posts the scores of the games in the newspaper every week, right in the same section as MLS scores, lacrosse scores, and so on. Just another sign that soccer is coming along in America....I don't see any flag football or local basketball leagues or anything like that having their scores posted in the paper....
Planning on playing again in the summer Y co-ed league.

Playing 7 v 7 this summer. Team name, Real Old. In need of a nickname for my jersey, Real _________________.

Twice a week pickup is the plan for the summer. Been doing at least once a week for the past two years. It's my favorite 2hrs of the week. I hate when I'm out of town and miss it.

Btw, you don't use your shoulder in soccer, guy.

Twice a week pickup is the plan for the summer. Been doing at least once a week for the past two years. It's my favorite 2hrs of the week. I hate when I'm out of town and miss it. Btw, you don't use your shoulder in soccer, guy.
You soft guys don't, Shirley

Bundesliga update

Bayern 25-4-5 79 80:18 +62 Champions League group stageWolfsburg 20-9-5 69 72:38 +34 Champions League group stageM'gladbach 19-9-6 66 53:26 +27 Champions League group stageLeverkusen 17-10-7 61 62:37 +25 Champions League playoff roundAugsburg 15-4-15 49 43:43 0 Europa League playoff roundSchalke 13-9-12 48 42:40 +2 Europa League 3rd qualifying roundHamburg 9-8-17 35 25:50 -25 Relegation playoff (founding member of league, never relegated)Freiburg 7-13-14 34 36:47 -11 Relegation (promoted in 2009)Paderborn 7-10-17 31 31:65 -34 Relegation (promoted this past season)From BL2:Ingolstadt and Darmstadt earned promotion. Ingolstadt has never played in BL1, and was just promoted to BL2 in 2010.

Darmstadt was promoted to BL2 in 2014, but has visited BL1 twice for one year each time; in '79 and '82.

Hamburg will play Karlsruher for the right to be in BL1 next season.

Bayern's Munich rival, 1860, is in a relegation battle to stay up in BL2 or drop to BL3. 1860 dropped from BL1 in '04.

Users who are viewing this thread