What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

[talkSPORT] "He has two concrete offers from Premier League teams. He has an MLS offer on the table, which is a very big offer. He's got two other offers from Europe. He'll decide his future after the FA Cup." Kia Joorabchian says Chelsea's Willian isn't short of offers

=========================

I am guessing the MLS offer may be from Miami....

Suck it @McBokonon

Sky Sports News

@SkySportsNews

BREAKING: Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, PCP Capital Partners and Reuben Brothers have withdrawn from the process to buy Newcastle United.

City's bid for relegated Burnmouth's Ake accepted (40mil quids). 

I've always liked his game- nice pick up for City, and good bit of business for Burnmouth.

Well this would be a coupe especially if they end up Selling to Arnault who owns Louis Vuitton has been rumored to buy the club as soon as next summer. Elliot by 2021 will have paid off all of Milan's debt. Therefor they could theorectly sell the club to Arnault who is interested as Milan is the fashion capital of the world and wants to get into Milan more or Elliot could just make the club super competitive themselves 

Some of Europe’s biggest clubs are worried that AC Milan will make a serious attempt to sign Kylian Mbappe from Paris Saint-Germain, a report claims.

According to DefensaCentral, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Liverpool – among others – will have a new competitor to sign Kylian Mbappe in the summer of 2021.

A tasty West London derby, at Wembley, in the richest game in soccer, sure seems worthy of a crowd.

Brentford has not list to Fulham in their last 5 meetings... just saying.

A tasty West London derby, at Wembley, in the richest game in soccer, sure seems worthy of a crowd.

Brentford has not list to Fulham in their last 5 meetings... just saying.
Total schedule fail having it on Tuesday though. They should have had both second legs Wednesday and the Final Sunday IMO.

https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1288785002549960705

"With Ake and Garcia, City will now have two central-defenders ranking inside the bottom ten for aerial duel success rate in the Premier League this season."
Ake has been playing on the left, right correct?

Laporte will be the primary LCB, presumably partnering with Garcia (as they did down the stretch)

Ake then becomes the reserve LCB, who would presumably partner with someone other than Garcia.  Or, Ake competes with Garcia to partner with Laporte.

Great job - I want it and know how to do a throw-in!
Was watching the SKC/Union match for mLS is Back Tourney and they had a good sideline view with the line official. SKC has a throw in and the dude is clearly on the pitch not behind the Line (Maybe give or take his back heel but that's generous) and completes the throw in. In the long run it didn't;t matter as Union won 3-1 but it was clear Throw in Violation and the Line official is looking the complete opposite way. I couldn't believe anyone didn't notice it and Twellman who's good on spotting violations didn't even notice 

Ake has been playing on the left, right correct?

Laporte will be the primary LCB, presumably partnering with Garcia (as they did down the stretch)

Ake then becomes the reserve LCB, who would presumably partner with someone other than Garcia.  Or, Ake competes with Garcia to partner with Laporte.
I think vs United he was on the left.  And it sounds like he would be paired with Laporte until Laporte gets hurt.  Not sure its an upgrade for City though.  But I don't know, this is just what I've been seeing.

Also, LOL at John Stones going from most expensive defender in the world to 20 million pound West Ham target. 
Saw today Stones was linked with Arsenal.  He and Luiz would be a fantastic pair to play against.

Was watching the SKC/Union match for mLS is Back Tourney and they had a good sideline view with the line official. SKC has a throw in and the dude is clearly on the pitch not behind the Line (Maybe give or take his back heel but that's generous) and completes the throw in. In the long run it didn't;t matter as Union won 3-1 but it was clear Throw in Violation and the Line official is looking the complete opposite way. I couldn't believe anyone didn't notice it and Twellman who's good on spotting violations didn't even notice 
So you're saying SKC needs a throw-in coach.

Started to seem inevitable but :sadbanana:
Now they are interested in buying AC Milan my other club but Elliot have told them to F off. Really did not want these guys in involved in either club. They are directly funded by the Saudi Government who I'm vehemently against since they support and finance terrorists and dictatorships 

According to Fabrizio Romano 

AC Milan have started talks with Tottenham to sign Serge Aurier. He’s the main target as right back.

@PeppeDiSte

@SkySport

#transfers #Milan #THFC

This is pretty real. Romano is highly respected transfer guru in Italian circles. 

How have I watched Bournemouth for five years and never heard the whole Eddie Howe story?

Local kid.  Academy player ruined by injury.  Turns manager.

Teams starts out with -17 points in 2009, he keeps them up in 21st place.  One spot from slipping out of the top-4 leagues and into the conference, possibly forever.

Under a transfer embargo in 2010, he gets them promoted to League One.  Three years later he takes them into the Championship.  Then two years later into the EPL, where they stay for five years.

Amazing run.

How have I watched Bournemouth for five years and never heard the whole Eddie Howe story?

Local kid.  Academy player ruined by injury.  Turns manager.

Teams starts out with -17 points in 2009, he keeps them up in 21st place.  One spot from slipping out of the top-4 leagues and into the conference, possibly forever.

Under a transfer embargo in 2010, he gets them promoted to League One.  Three years later he takes them into the Championship.  Then two years later into the EPL, where they stay for five years.

Amazing run.
Bummer - hope he lands on his feet, but I imagine he will take some time away.

AFC Bournemouth @afcbournemouth · 2h

Eddie Howe has left #afcb by mutual consent.

It's been an unbelievable journey, thank you so much for the memories Eddie

Can my Club get a little more credit for these guys? Half the Bundesliga is looking at Aaronson today as well. 

Alecko Eskandarian

@alecko11

I was Youth Technical Director at

@PhilaUnion

in 2011-12 and had the privilege of working w/ a few kids who we felt were special at the time. Their names? Pulisic, Steffen, Aaronson, etc Our Academy coach? Curtin (Disclaimer: I had minimal to no part in their development)

9:25 PM · Jul 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Interesting tweet 

Manuel Veth

@ManuelVeth

·Jul 20

I have spoken to a few people in the industry now. Thought behind #MLSisBack Tournament was to showcase #MLS talent to European clubs. Players like Akinola, Aaronson and Rossi have turned heads among scouts looking for bargains in what will be a difficult market in Europe.

DJackson10 said:
Interesting tweet 

Manuel Veth

@ManuelVeth

·Jul 20

I have spoken to a few people in the industry now. Thought behind #MLSisBack Tournament was to showcase #MLS talent to European clubs. Players like Akinola, Aaronson and Rossi have turned heads among scouts looking for bargains in what will be a difficult market in Europe.
Interesting.  I have thought the MLS should position itself as a feeder league to Europe.  It will increase visibility and start to get more talent coming through.  Some will move on, some will stay (either by choice or not good enough), but either way, MLS gets better as younger talent starts to come through and are provided a path.  Never thought I'd see a time where the MLS seemed to embrace it.

Unit its official I won't get excited, esp with Woodward's negotiating tactics and habit of taking too long to close a deal.  Wouldn't suprise me if it becomes a deadline day deal in January.

However, it would be a great signing to get him.  The depth and ability to rotate between Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Sancho will be great.  Creating competition between them and being able to bring any of them off the bench if someone is struggling or gets a knock.  and yes that leaves out James, but he can also be valuable to them.  

Need another quality creative midfielder and a center back.  With those 3, they can look to Jan and next summer for a LB and Holding MF if the budget is not there.

In regard to James, he was a low cost buy to help in the long run, got thrown in quickly and actually did well (3g/6a over the season).  His drop in form also happened to coincide with Pogba getting injured and being out of the team.  James is a guy that needs to get the ball on the run into space.  He was getting that early.  He did well to whip early balls in for Rashford and Martial to get on at the top of the box.  The one thing he did better then Rashford early in the season.  Unfortunately United's style changed when Pogba went out, and he lost some confidence (his and Ole's).  When Bruno came in, the transition to Greenwood was starting and after the break was his to lose.  James will have value going forward and should get games.  James Ighalo and one of the top 4 that needs a run will get games too.

Interesting.  I have thought the MLS should position itself as a feeder league to Europe.  It will increase visibility and start to get more talent coming through.  Some will move on, some will stay (either by choice or not good enough), but either way, MLS gets better as younger talent starts to come through and are provided a path.  Never thought I'd see a time where the MLS seemed to embrace it.
Sounds like more and more these days they are. I know someone in my area who worked for the Union when they first started. Retired from the league because of a family situation involving his mother. He was in my store today and I asked him about this. He said pretty much what this tweet did. From people he still has contacts with in the league MLS is truly finally embracing being a feeder league to Europe. They realize now it gets them more eyes and attention and if these young kids end up successful in Europe thats a huge plus. The feeling he got was that MLS wants to try and become a Red Bull type development and get praise for getting these kids pro and then selling them to profit the league. The hopes are when these guys aren't wanted in Europe anymore they come back to the league for their final years and or maybe get interest from players in Europe in their mid to late 20s who haven't gotten a great chance to shine over there mins here then try and sell them back to Europe for a fee. 

The only problem is MLS needs to know when to sell and MLS needs to start giving the clubs the fee rather then keeping it for themselves. A young Brenden Aaronson needs to be sold by the end of 2022 if MLS wants to make a profit. Anyone over 23-24 in this league isn't going for a high fee or wanted in Europe. 

Europe League starts back up Wednesday and Thursday.
Champions League starts back up Friday and Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Preliminary Round of the 2020-2021 Champions League kicks off on Saturday too.
Linfield (Northern Ireland) v Tre Fiori (San Marino)
Drita (Kosovo) v Inter club d'Escaldes (Andorra)

It blows my mind that those four countries have a combined area and population less than the state of South Carolina, yet each operate leagues with first divisions having a combined 45 clubs. And 3 of them have at least second divisions.

Europe League starts back up Wednesday and Thursday.
Champions League starts back up Friday and Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Preliminary Round of the 2020-2021 Champions League kicks off on Saturday too.
Linfield (Northern Ireland) v Tre Fiori (San Marino)
Drita (Kosovo) v Inter club d'Escaldes (Andorra)

It blows my mind that those four countries have a combined area and population less than the state of South Carolina, yet each operate leagues with first divisions having a combined 45 clubs. And 3 of them have at least second divisions.
very cool factoid- thanks.

DJackson10 said:
The only problem is MLS needs to know when to sell and MLS needs to start giving the clubs the fee rather then keeping it for themselves. A young Brenden Aaronson needs to be sold by the end of 2022 if MLS wants to make a profit. Anyone over 23-24 in this league isn't going for a high fee or wanted in Europe. 
MLS has changed the transfer fee rules in recent times to make it much more attractive to teams to sell.

If an MLS team sells a home grown player, the team keeps 100% of the selling fee.

If an MLS team sells a non home grown player, the team keeps 95% of the selling fee.

Before this most recent change, MLS took a 25% cut of every sale.

F U Woodward if you mess this up!!!

This morning everyone was confident of a deal and Sancho had agreed to personal terms.  Now?

"Multiple Sources say Sancho to United not done and United to persue alternates if Dortmud doesn't lower asking price."

F U Woodward if you mess this up!!!

This morning everyone was confident of a deal and Sancho had agreed to personal terms.  Now?

"Multiple Sources say Sancho to United not done and United to persue alternates if Dortmud doesn't lower asking price."
The more I read the more this might just be a negotiating tactic.  The anticipation is that it still gets done, just need to work out up front fees, add ons, payment schedules....

There might already be a falling out at Inter for Antonio Conte. He publicly went after the club owners in his last PC and he and the Club President had a meeting yesterday to discuss things. Per reports nothing will happen Conte leaving or staying till their run in Europe is over and then they'll make a decision. @El Floppo might be able to give more detail on this then me though. 

43M deal here 

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Nathan Aké to Manchester City is a done deal, confirmed. Total agreement between Man City and Bournemouth, personal terms ok and medicals on next days. Here we go! #MCFC #ManCity #transfers

Per Romano Ake to Man City is a done deal. 

Also Giacomo Bonaventura confirmed he was leaving AC Milan after 6 yrs with the club on IG. He thanks the club, staff, his teammates, and the fans. After the final match Bonaventura was very emotional taking almost 10 mins by himself after the match to walk the pitch of the San Siro soaking in the final mins he ever stepped foot on that pitch again. Jack as he was known by to Italian and Milan fans came to Milan in 2014 from Atalanta in a fairly cheap transfer I believe that was barely 25M Euros at the time. He was part of some rough adventures and the whole Li controversy of owning the club. Through it all he came back from injuries as well. He was one to never complain about his role or playing time in the club either. Jack was a good MF but he's clearly lost a step. Over the past month you could tell when they tried to get him those long distant passes just a few years ago Jack got to with zero issue during the Copa Italia vs Juve. He was also not beating his man in 1v1 situations like he use too. This isn't to say Jack should retired. he should be a serviceable sub rotation guy in another club. Fiorentina and Roma have already expressed interest in his services. 

Inter President confirms signing of Alexis Sanchez on a pernamite bases. Official announcement to come tomorrow 

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

5mInter CEO Beppe Marotta to

@SkySport

: “We will sign Alexis Sanchez from Manchester United on a permanent deal. We’ll announce the deal tomorrow with an official statement”. #MUFC #Inter

Users who are viewing this thread