What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (10 Viewers)

B Maverick said:
Cue the American disbelief that a team can win a title on a day they didn't play!  :lmao:

Congrats to City for their 5th EPL title.  This season it was, inevitable.
Congrats to City on BUYING ANOTHER TITLE. Always deserved.....

World Soccer Talk

@worldsoccertalk

·

16m

ESPN will announce the acquisition of LaLiga rights tomorrow for the U.S. market, according to our sources. It'll be a major long-term deal. It's a story we've been working on since December. All of the pieces finally came together this week.

:thumbup:

World Soccer Talk

@worldsoccertalk

·

16m

ESPN will announce the acquisition of LaLiga rights tomorrow for the U.S. market, according to our sources. It'll be a major long-term deal. It's a story we've been working on since December. All of the pieces finally came together this week.

Do Ray Hudson and Tom Rongen come with the sale?

Do Ray Hudson and Tom Rongen come with the sale?
Don't know - are they BEIN employees or part of the global feed?

I would not expect ESPN to provide any of their own commentators here, but I don't know that.  Maybe something like NBC where they have a single announcing crew and rely on the global feed for other commentary.

I would not expect ESPN to provide any of their own commentators here, but I don't know that.  Maybe something like NBC where they have a single announcing crew and rely on the global feed for other commentary.
I'm not sure if that sounds magesterial enough.

World Soccer Talk

@worldsoccertalk

·

16m

Yeah big thumbs up.  That might actually force me to dump my parents Disney+ login and get the ESPN+/Disney+ combo.  

I do wonder what this says about the EPL rights.  I know there were reports ESPN was interested in the rights, but you have to imagine the Bundesliga/La Liga combo lessens how much ESPN would be willing to pony up which would leave the EPL with two (maybe 3) non-optimal partners in CBS/Paramount+, NBC (without NBCSN), and maybe Fox (they don't have a streaming platform) with rumors being the neither Paramount nor Peacock really doing that great in terms of subscribers.  The end result is a whole bunch of games will be streamed which takes the EPL from the the most accessible league with an almost wholly dedicated TV network to something else entirely (at best they end up at par with the Bundesliga and La Liga).    

Patrick Kendrick was doing the Milan/Torino Match today and does Europa league for Paramount. So I think ESPN will use global announcers. I could see Matteo Bonetti and Mark Donaldson doing the big LaLiga matches since they were the main guys for Serie A but I haven't heard anything about either's status with ESPN. Bonetti worked for BEIN when SERIE A was there and then moved to ESPN when they acquired the rights 

Milan decided to play Fifa today and won 7-0 against Torino. A good 3 days in Turin for Milan. Standings with todays results and Napoli yesterday stay the same at top of the table. Torino drop 1 ranking further closer to relegation. Relagation means a cut price on Andrea Belotti so please get relegated Torino

Unusual set up now in the EPL:  Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool all given with exactly a 2 in 3 chance of advancing to the CL and all three are 100% in control of their destiny right now.

Seriously though, I’d think Spurs will do everything they can to 1. Keep him and 2. keep him from another EPL team.  I’d actually like to see Kane go to one of the other big 4 countries and succeed.  I think that’s something that could benefit England over time.

Seriously though, I’d think Spurs will do everything they can to 1. Keep him and 2. keep him from another EPL team.  I’d actually like to see Kane go to one of the other big 4 countries and succeed.  I think that’s something that could benefit England over time.
WRONG THREAD

Speaking of wrong thread...

La Liga's title-deciding final round has seen kickoff times changed for the third time in 12 hours due to a row over Villarreal's preparation time for the Europa League final and concerns over a clash with the Eurovision Song Contest.

Kane won’t go elsewhere - only a handful of clubs can afford him, and I think he still wants the PL scoring record.  (I think PSG are the only non-EPL team that can afford him right now. Everyone else is broke)

United, Chelsea, and City would be my bets. They can all afford the price and Kane could fit in at all of those squads, even City. 

• Nick Rimando
  • Brad Evans
  • Clarence Goodson
  • Michael Parkhurst
  • Joe Corona
  • Brad Davis
  • Mix Diskerud
  • Maurice Edu
  • Terrence Boyd
  • Aron Johannsson
Why does this list exist?

Kane won’t go elsewhere - only a handful of clubs can afford him, and I think he still wants the PL scoring record.  (I think PSG are the only non-EPL team that can afford him right now. Everyone else is broke)

United, Chelsea, and City would be my bets. They can all afford the price and Kane could fit in at all of those squads, even City. 
Straight up trade for Martial.

• Nick Rimando
  • Brad Evans
  • Clarence Goodson
  • Michael Parkhurst
  • Joe Corona
  • Brad Davis
  • Mix Diskerud
  • Maurice Edu
  • Terrence Boyd
  • Aron Johannsson
Why does this list exist?
hmm, well they all played for the USMNT at one point...That is all I can see that ties them together...

The line up looks like a correct formation but it is missing a LB, so I could see that maybe they were fielded together in a friendly at one point?

..............................Rimando

Evans...........Goodson..........Parkhurst................X

Corona...............Edu...........Mix......................Davis

........................Boyd...............Bacon

I keep :lmao:  at the ESPN ticker 

“Kane puts in transfer request

He’s not won a trophy with Spurs or England.”

Did he turn in his transfer request to Southgate too?   :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, well they all played for the USMNT at one point...That is all I can see that ties them together...

The line up looks like a correct formation but it is missing a LB, so I could see that maybe they were fielded together in a friendly at one point?

If you didn't get it without cheating I don't think anyone will, but I'll wait a while before the BIG REVEAL.

I was thinking about a red card and a LB and I thought about Agoos in Mexico but that was well before this group of players...
Ok, like I said -- if you aren't all that close I don't think anyone else has a great chance.

That entire team was included on the 30-man provisional roster for the World Cup in Brazil in 2014.  It's more or less the "last" eleven.  I cheated in a place or two because "Julian Green" would give it away.  And there really wasn't a reserve LB to choose from.  Beasley and Fab, such as they were, were it.

It should be a big step up for spots 21-30 in this cycle.

Ok, like I said -- if you aren't all that close I don't think anyone else has a great chance.

That entire team was included on the 30-man provisional roster for the World Cup in Brazil in 2014.  It's more or less the "last" eleven.  I cheated in a place or two because "Julian Green" would give it away.  And there really wasn't a reserve LB to choose from.  Beasley and Fab, such as they were, were it.

It should be a big step up for spots 21-30 in this cycle.
Oh damn I was on the right track but stopped that train of thought because I did not see Donovan listed, who if memory serves was also in the provisional list.

Big Gold Cup energy here.

Mancini has extended his contract with Italy till 2026 so unless there's some huge collapse Mancini is coming to America for the World Cup 

Milan's Women's club in only their 3rd season have qualified for the Women's UEFA Champions League. Last year before the pandemic hit and canceled Women's Calcio season Milan's Women had a chance to Qualify then but denied because of the pandemic. Verónica Boquete is also a former Philadelphia Independence player of the USSWL a club that also had Amy Rodriquez on their squad. They played about 20 mins from me and attended a few matches 

Users who are viewing this thread