What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

So Ancelloti to Real Madrid, Everton looking for a new manager and reportedly wants Moyes back?

Caller on the radio this morning stating with how bad his day started it meant Everton would appoint Jose' despite his status in Roma.Everyone had a good laugh.

Pretty much guarantees a 3-man back line for England right? 
I wouldn't think so - he picked a lot of RB and LB players that really aren't used to playing in a back 3 and most aren't sized to do it, really.  I would expect a back four most games and imagine it would be a 4-3-3.  I mean you could go with James - Stones - Shaw but that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  My guess:

Walker - Stones - McGuire - Shaw

*assuming McGuire can play - probably swap in Ming/Coady for McGuire in that first game

ETA - I guess he could play 3 of the true CBs but that also seems unlikely because of McGuire's health and I don't think many have confidence in Mings/Coady.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't think so - he picked a lot of RB and LB players that really aren't used to playing in a back 3 and most aren't sized to do it, really.  I would expect a back four most games and imagine it would be a 4-3-3.  I mean you could go with James - Stones - Shaw but that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  My guess:

Walker - Stones - McGuire - Shaw

*assuming McGuire can play - probably swap in Ming/Coady for McGuire in that first game

ETA - I guess he could play 3 of the true CBs but that also seems unlikely because of McGuire's health and I don't think many have confidence in Mings/Coady.
Walker has been a RCB for England and City at times.  Including the last World Cup.  

But if Southgate were planning to play wing backs, it's hard to believe he'd even have to think about taking TAA.  

This gives Miami almost two years to figure out how to frame Messi'a salary as an academy graduate level when declaring for the salary cap :)

Btw, I assume Barca is covering a large portion of his salary in Miami.  There is no way Miami could ever afford that and stay afloat financially. 

I don't even understand how Barca can do it considering how much they are struggling financially to be honest.

==========

Full agreement reached between Barcelona and Lionel Messi. The Argentine will continue to play for Barça until 2023.

10-year agreement signed; €240m receivable in 4 years(€60m/year). Barcelona player until 2023 and then the club's ambassador in USA; playing in MLS until 2025 (InterMiamiCF). Strategic partner and ambassador of Barça from 2025 to 2031

This gives Miami almost two years to figure out how to frame Messi'a salary as an academy graduate level when declaring for the salary cap :)

Btw, I assume Barca is covering a large portion of his salary in Miami.  There is no way Miami could ever afford that and stay afloat financially. 

I don't even understand how Barca can do it considering how much they are struggling financially to be honest.

==========

Full agreement reached between Barcelona and Lionel Messi. The Argentine will continue to play for Barça until 2023.

10-year agreement signed; €240m receivable in 4 years(€60m/year). Barcelona player until 2023 and then the club's ambassador in USA; playing in MLS until 2025 (InterMiamiCF). Strategic partner and ambassador of Barça from 2025 to 2031
:jawdrop:

This is actually happening?!

I wouldn't be surprised if CRo comes over in the same time frame...probably with LA. Because for whatever reason small-town NY can't get big stars.

:Emerges from Exile:
I just need to share how disappointing it was for me on Saturday to not only watch my club crap the bed in the CL final, but when trying to text during the match with my only GB who's also soccer nerd, getting told "I'm not watching the game because my kids are watching Godzilla vs Kong for the millionth time."  And then he has the temerity to make Noel Gallagher jokes afterwards.  To hell with you RHE!!!

And lol at them pulling the many fast ones, getting caught and punished, and STILL landing this coup.
My guess is that this is where Messi wants to play in the US so it's not like MLS is going to say no, no matter how many rules Miami broke :)

And that goes double if Barca is covering the majority of this as I think they are.

Of course it is worth mentioning that Barca is likely not covering his time in MLS for free.  I assume that they may hold some naming rights when it comes to anything sold in the US regarding Messi once he comes to the league.

And this is even on the remote chance that the initial report is true. 

Conte to Spurs picking up steam again.  Also, Spurs would sign Fabio Paratici, formerly with Juventus with Conte, to be Sporting Director.

Toupee or not Toupee - that is the question Levy is asking himself right now.

Conte to Spurs picking up steam again.  Also, Spurs would sign Fabio Paratici, formerly with Juventus with Conte, to be Sporting Director.

So Conte left Inter Milan because they need to sell players and cut salaries and now he's looking to deal with Levy/ENIC? 

Levy/ENIC are notoriously tight with funds.  I'm not feeling good about this.  I do like the fact they are looking for a Sporting Director.  

I just need to share how disappointing it was for me on Saturday to not only watch my club crap the bed in the CL final, but when trying to text during the match with my only GB who's also soccer nerd, getting told "I'm not watching the game because my kids are watching Godzilla vs Kong for the millionth time."  And then he has the temerity to make Noel Gallagher jokes afterwards.  To hell with you RHE!!!
don't look back in anger my good man

==========

Does this have to do with Barca having an Academy in MIA this partnership? Perfect timing too because then the WC in 26. 

Of course it is worth mentioning that Barca is likely not covering his time in MLS for free.  I assume that they may hold some naming rights when it comes to anything sold in the US regarding Messi once he comes to the league.

And this is even on the remote chance that the initial report is true. 
Who's reporting this so far 

Hey, I tried to assuage your (completely well-founded) fears that Pep had overthought his lineup before the game!  And my kids actually let me watch about 60 minutes of that game.

These are really good numbers

=====================

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

CBS Sports’ coverage of UEFA Champions League final averaged 2.095 million viewers, the most-watched final in six years for English-language US coverage.

Univision averaged 1.55 million. #UCLfinal

======================

Cesar Hernandez

@cesarhfutbol

Huge U.S. TV numbers for @CruzAzul vs @ClubSantosEn last Sunday.

Via @UnivisionPRTeam, the 2nd leg of the Liga MX final averaged 3 million Total Viewers.

Spurs ITK are all now saying this (Conte + Paratici) is all but done.

(which means it will probably fall apart by morning)

Its also believed that Spurs will have a decent transfer budget this summer - but its not clear if that is independent of Spurs selling Kane to Man City. 🤞

Sinn Fein said:
Spurs ITK are all now saying this (Conte + Paratici) is all but done.

(which means it will probably fall apart by morning)

Its also believed that Spurs will have a decent transfer budget this summer - but its not clear if that is independent of Spurs selling Kane to Man City. 🤞
All but done, except for unlocking the wallet to pay both of them and give them a transfer budget.  And, according to some reports not selling Kane.  

This may get across the line, but Levy/ENIC has a history of being too cheap to finish these types of deals.  

It is so odd how CBS ignored soccer for decades and now can't stop buying soccer properties.  Having unlimited inventory for streaming must be so critical to the business plan

==================

CBS Sports PR

@CBSSportsGang

CBS Sports Acquires Exclusive Rights to Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Competitions

Ironic after all the kerfuffle around Alexander Arnold and whether he would make the Euro squad that he is now hurt and out for 6 weeks and will miss the Euro's after all.

Users who are viewing this thread